Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Soak in Aero Kroil
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 9:13:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Hundreds and hundreds of people have callsigns on here....I suggest PM'ing the correct Northern CA person to ask if you are that interested in acquiring one~

A callsign is worth exactly what anything else is worth, minus the callsign...

In other words, you are the first person I have seen in probably over a year to even mention callsigns....

If you like it, I will officially transfer it to you....And, I'll probably send you a Big Lots strap too if you really need it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

On an unrelated note...how the hell did you manage to get a call sign with a 2017 join date? And a damn cool one to boot!

I’ve been here since before the reset and have never caught a call sign thread.

You make me sad.
Hundreds and hundreds of people have callsigns on here....I suggest PM'ing the correct Northern CA person to ask if you are that interested in acquiring one~

A callsign is worth exactly what anything else is worth, minus the callsign...

In other words, you are the first person I have seen in probably over a year to even mention callsigns....

If you like it, I will officially transfer it to you....And, I'll probably send you a Big Lots strap too if you really need it.
I know there’s a shitload of callsigns out there. But I thought NorCal’s been out of the callsign business for years.

As for the strap, I don’t need one. But if you wanted to distract me for nefarious purposes, just throw a knotted one nearby and you’ve got the all clear.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 9:15:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Soak it in gasoline for about ten minutes, then wrap it around your head and light it on fire.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 9:18:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I have a pile of my wife's knotted up costume-jewelry necklaces I'd like to mail you.  Can you cover return shipping?
View Quote
Hit them with a hammer.
Arfcom said it works like a charm.

Link Posted: 1/27/2020 9:22:51 PM EDT
[#5]
The best non osha approved solution is to clamp vise grips and try to roll it out.  Not sure of the integrity of the sling after this operation. I wouldn’t use it anymore for the rated load
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 9:33:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

A time machine could really help with these kinds of problems.

Hang on a minute OP,I'm off to the workshop.
View Quote
Do you know what the best thing is about having a time machine? It doesn't matter when you invent it.

Link Posted: 1/27/2020 9:35:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Get your husband to help you.
View Quote
Was waiting for that one
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 10:41:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 10:45:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
That's called a hatchet knot, it takes a hatchet to get it out.
View Quote
Beat me to it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 10:51:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Your knot getting it out.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 10:51:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

If it has a hook on the end it is dangerous
Throw it out, you are helping yourself

Get a good strap with loops on the end
View Quote
He said he ran the strap through itself on the hook end, so i believe it's only on there with a lark's head. If that's the case he should be able to remove it with the knot in place, but we really need photos of the whole strap/hook assembly to see what's really going on.

OP, can we get photos of the entire strap setup, including the hook? Does the strap have loops at the end, or is it a continuous loop sling?

I are confused now...
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 10:56:18 PM EDT
[#12]
1st off- Rougeboss Thread

2nd- all you need is  a marlin-spike  they are designed for this very purpose.

Your welcome!
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 10:57:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Vibrations. Seriously. Just needs to be bounced around at a mid to high frequency. It will loosen them come right apart.
View Quote
Interesting.  Maybe like a vibrating cartridge case cleaner.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 11:03:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Learning to tie a know wouldn't be a bad idea ??
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 11:38:33 PM EDT
[#15]
I had to deal with some knotted rigging slings when I was a millwright.  I'd beat the knot from all sides with a 2 lb or larger hammer on a solid surface and they would eventually loosen enough to be untied with some twisting, pushing and pulling.  If the sling was damaged, we would cut it up with a band saw and pitch it.  Don't tie knots in nylon straps and slings.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 9:39:33 AM EDT
[#16]
GOT IT OUT

let it soak in water all night. And the guy with the suggestion to use forks wins the thread. Let it soak all night then worked at it with two dinner forks and it came out

Thanks all
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 2:54:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Not really tow, more like yank and pull and pull and yank. For awhile
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just buy a new one. If you used that to tow something that knot ain't coming out easy and you'll probably fray the strap all up poking at with screwdrivers and ice picks.
Not really tow, more like yank and pull and pull and yank. For awhile
Junk it!
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 7:34:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The water knot is specifically for tying knots in straps.  Holds fast, and is easy to untie.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You fucked it. You don’t tie knots in straps. Even if you get it untied, it’s still ruined.

The water knot is specifically for tying knots in straps.  Holds fast, and is easy to untie.
Clearly
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 7:42:05 PM EDT
[#19]
I want to apologize to everyone in this thread. I posted without seeing who the OP was. This is another thread posted by rogueboss that only exists to get people to interact with him online since that’s not an available option IRL.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top