Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 5/19/2023 9:34:23 AM EDT
Do I need to be saved? If yes How can I be saved if I committed many sins throughout my life?
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 9:38:11 AM EDT
[#1]
All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.  

The important question is, are you willing to change? Are you willing to deny yourself, and to take up His cross?

Here are some verses to read, and then we can go from there. https://www.crossway.org/articles/10-key-bible-verses-on-salvation/  

If you want to ask something and don't feel comfortable doing so in the thread, you are welcome to send me a PM.

ETA> My testimony of God's goodness and mercy could fill a book, He has done truly wonderful things in my life.  
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 9:39:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 9:40:25 AM EDT
[#3]
You can’t.

No one knows what happens to you after death.

Some have faith that their religion will take them to a special place, but no one knows.

It’s all based on faith.

So if you have faith in your religion, you may find one day that it is all true, or not.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 9:40:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Dust unto dust.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 9:40:38 AM EDT
[#5]
"The gods of the Disc have never bothered much about judging the souls of the dead, and so people only go to hell if that's where they believe, in their deepest heart, that they deserve to go. Which they won't do if they don't know about it. This explains why it is so important to shoot missionaries on sight."

Link Posted: 5/19/2023 9:41:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can’t.

Some have faith that their religion will take them to a special place, but no one knows.

It’s all based on faith.

So if you have faith in your religion, you may find one day that it is all true, or not.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/19/2023 9:41:52 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm on the wrong side heaven and the righteous side of hell.

Link Posted: 5/19/2023 9:42:44 AM EDT
[#8]
That is between you and God.  If you're relying on the word of man for advice, you're going to be ill advised.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 9:42:50 AM EDT
[#9]
It's called Faith.  
Don't be a doubting Thomas....
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 9:43:05 AM EDT
[#10]
How can I be sure I won't have a heart attack tomorrow.

I can't but I will still have medical insurance and be saved.

I see no downside in acceptance of the lord Jesus Christ.

Even if you only halfway follow his word you will be a better person.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 9:43:58 AM EDT
[#11]
A good place to start will probably be to read MolonLobster's novel when it comes out.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 9:45:00 AM EDT
[#12]
It's in black and white in the King James bible.

Romans  10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

1 John  5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

No other religion and no other man gives assurance of salvation: only Jesus Christ.

Please fact check me.

John  14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 9:45:29 AM EDT
[#13]
If after deaf you find yourself falling to hell, cry out for Hay-Seuss to save you.  Like Gawd ah-mite-tee, Hay-Seuss loves all the children of earf.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 9:46:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

You should check out what Jesus said about lukewarm believers.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 9:47:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It's in black and white in the King James bible.
View Quote

That's rayciss yo!

Link Posted: 5/19/2023 9:47:41 AM EDT
[#16]
If you are going to heaven you will know it in your heart when you approach death. If there is any doubt or you have concerns about where you are going then you are probably going to hell.  
I have seen enough elderly people die to know this. You can see the ones who just know for sure thy are going to heaven, they embrace death as part of what comes next, smile on their face and everything. The ones who squirm and are not ready to go and claw at anything to hold on are probably going down south and they know it, and are desperately trying to hold off what happens next. It sucks to see people go like that.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 9:49:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:                                  How can I be saved if I committed many sins throughout my life?
View Quote
A person who asks such a question gives more credit to their ability to sin than to Jesus' ability to save.
   Once 1 single sin is associated with a person, the need of salvation is in force. All other numbers are irrelevant.

Link Posted: 5/19/2023 9:50:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Do I need to be saved? If yes How can I be saved if I committed many sins throughout my life?
View Quote

I am so glad you posted this in GD.

Have you heard the good news, brother? There is no heaven or hell, there is just this life, and what you make of it. Be a better person, love whomever you can, and make the world a better place. YOU must imbue your life with meaning and grace. Don't expect an imaginary friend in the sky to do it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 9:50:11 AM EDT
[#19]
You just put a whole lot of money in that plate they pass around at the building that's decorated with the depiction of a torture device.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 9:52:40 AM EDT
[#20]
FPNI

We've all built up plenty of sin, but Jesus died on the cross as THE sacrifice for all who believe that he died for us and rose again, and who obey Him. He'll take you where you're at if you come to him and ask him for forgiveness. As you read the Bible, he will show you incrementally what to change in your life if you don't already know.

I recommend reading Matthew, Mark, Luke and John for starters, which follows the birth, ministry, death and resurection of Jesus. The rest of the New Testiment covers the early church, and how to apply how He wants us to live now. Revelation, is what's to come. Eventually, read the Old Testiment, which covers why Jesus sacrificed himself for us.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 9:58:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes.  Accept Jesus as your personal savior, repent and ask for forgiveness for your sins.  Do you best to live a Godly life, pray, study the word.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 10:00:58 AM EDT
[#22]
It’s honestly really simple. 1) believe in Jesus Christ. 2) follow his teachings. Both are stupid simple. Even ‘I’ can do them. I fall short of following his teachings a lot. But I ask his forgiveness and make an effort to do better.

As to past sins? Pfft! Easy peasy.  Genuinely ask forgiveness for them  and once you do? They literally vanish from Gods scoreboard. Washed clean. There’s exactly ONE sin and only one sin that can’t be forgiven. That one sin? It’s the sin of not believing in the Lord. Not kidding.

A pretty good step to start is find a ministry and just show up. There’s all kinds and the first dozen  or so may not grab you. There’s one for sure that will strike a resonance with you. Stay there for awhile and when it stops feeding your needs, find another. I said ministry rather than church because there’s a bunch of each out there and ministry’s seem to be a little less formalized. I go to both. Seriously just walk in the door a little before a service starts and people will be happy to see you. Everywhere I’ve been there wasn’t a dress code, seen people in pretty nasty clothes and others beside them in nice suits.

The ministry I’m currently occasionally visiting often has people who choose to share their past and describe just what they went thru before they found Christ. Not in a ‘look at poor me’ way but to show no matter how bad you’ve been, someone’s sinned worse and been redeemed. As above, shoot me an IM if you prefer.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 10:19:42 AM EDT
[#23]
If you say the right magic spells, you`re good to go. No matter how bad you were in life, pretty neat, huh?
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 10:23:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Go to the religion group and they will all say a prayer for you.

Good to go after that

Link Posted: 5/19/2023 10:27:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Your debt you have created through inherent sin has been paid in full by the sacrifice that Jesus made on your behalf. All you need to do to be saved is accept the free and precious gift of grace that God has offered to you. Repent of your sin and submit yourself to God and His will. Replace your wants and desires with His wants and desires. I am confident if you seek God you will find Him and He will bless you with the faith needed to submit your life to Jesus. Notice the verses below mention believing in your HEART, this is not an intellectual feat, it is a matter of the heart.
You will not be able to never sin again, we are sinners, but Jesus paid the debt for your future sins as well. If you do give your life to the Lord I recommend surrounding yourself with other believers and get plugged into a Bible centered church. The Holy Spirit is constantly ministering to us through other believers who also have the Spirit. Seek Biblical revelation meaning read Gods Word and anticipate what He will place on your heart through it. Don't get bogged down trying to "crack the secret code", read God's Word and the Truth will be revealed to you. I know many who have the head knowledge but don't walk in faith. I lived a life apart from God for 36 years, it was constant turmoil trying to find joy and purpose in this or that. I feel truly free and at peace now that I know Jesus, I have found my purpose. It is an amazing thing. These have been the best years of my life, even when things are hard. Your perspective changes and you realize that God uses the trials to shape our character in wonderful ways. So to answer your question, if Jesus is your Lord (and in order for anyone to be your Lord you must submit to them and be their subject) if he is your Lord, then you will for sure go to Heaven.

If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.” For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” Romans 10:9-13
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 10:29:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Think of a space in your heart, and in the midst of that space think that a flame is burning. Think of that flame as your own soul and inside the flame is another effulgent light, and that is the Soul of your soul, God. Meditate upon that in the heart.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 10:30:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Through Jesus.

We all have sinned. Daily and continue to do so.

God only has sinners to work with so use your life experiences to reach others vs thinking they are an anchor keeping you down.

Link Posted: 5/19/2023 10:35:17 AM EDT
[#28]
My favorite WW2 vet & cowboy preacher Ray Stedman

Ray Stedman daily devotions

We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love our brothers. Anyone who does not love remains in death.
   1 John 3:14

It is rather fascinating that the apostle who wrote this has become known as the apostle of love. But if you read the gospel records of John, you will note that this is not his nature at all. He and his brother James earned from Jesus the title "Sons of Thunder" (Mark 3:17) because they were constantly wanting to blast back at those who opposed them. John's temperament was not naturally inclined to show love. But when he was born again, there was born into his heart the life of God, and this man began to show love.

Jacob De Shazer bombed Tokyo early in World War II. He was captured by the Japanese and put in prison. He hated his Japanese captors and was so violent and vicious that they feared him. They kept him in solitary confinement because of the hatred with which he lashed out against them. But he obtained a copy of the Bible and began to read it through. In the loneliness of his cell, he came to realize the life that is in Jesus Christ. An amazing change came over this man. His hatred of the Japanese changed completely. He began to love his captors and to show love toward them, and they were utterly astonished by what had happened to him. Instead of burning with wrath, resentment, and viciousness against them, he became the most docile of prisoners, eagerly cooperating with his captors and praying for them.

Eventually, the story of his change of heart was written up in a little tract, and, after the war, it fell into the hands of a young Japanese captain, Mitsuo Fuchida, the man who led the air raid against Pearl Harbor and gave the command to drop the bombs on that fateful day of December 7. Mitsuo Fuchida was a hero in Japan after the war because of that exploit and others, but his own heart was empty. Somehow he read the tract that told the story of De Shazer's amazing change of heart. He was arrested and puzzled by the story. From somewhere he obtained a New Testament and began to read it with growing interest. At last he came to the story of the crucifixion. When he read the Lord's words from the cross, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing" (Luke 23:34), his heart broke. He realized that this one who could love His enemies and pray for those who persecuted Him was manifesting a quality of life that no natural human being could possibly show. Mitsuo Fuchida became a Christian and an evangelist, telling the story of a love that can change human hearts.

Such love is the sign of the new life. It is a love that you not only extend toward those who love you, but toward those who do not love you. It is a love that does not depend upon a reciprocal relationship but loves the unlovely, the unqualified, the ungrateful, the selfish, and the difficult. This, then, is the character of true love, and it is always evidence that a new life has come, the life born of God.

Lord, I realize that I am not to love others because they love me but because I have been loved by God, and I have in me a life that loves despite any reason to love. Teach me to let that life show through me.

Life Application

Is one of our prerequisites for loving others that they love us first? Apart from having a new Life within we cannot at all evidence the love God commanded us to show.

Link Posted: 5/19/2023 10:44:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
My favorite WW2 vet & cowboy preacher Ray Stedman

Ray Stedman daily devotions

We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love our brothers. Anyone who does not love remains in death.
   1 John 3:14

It is rather fascinating that the apostle who wrote this has become known as the apostle of love. But if you read the gospel records of John, you will note that this is not his nature at all. He and his brother James earned from Jesus the title "Sons of Thunder" (Mark 3:17) because they were constantly wanting to blast back at those who opposed them. John's temperament was not naturally inclined to show love. But when he was born again, there was born into his heart the life of God, and this man began to show love.

Jacob De Shazer bombed Tokyo early in World War II. He was captured by the Japanese and put in prison. He hated his Japanese captors and was so violent and vicious that they feared him. They kept him in solitary confinement because of the hatred with which he lashed out against them. But he obtained a copy of the Bible and began to read it through. In the loneliness of his cell, he came to realize the life that is in Jesus Christ. An amazing change came over this man. His hatred of the Japanese changed completely. He began to love his captors and to show love toward them, and they were utterly astonished by what had happened to him. Instead of burning with wrath, resentment, and viciousness against them, he became the most docile of prisoners, eagerly cooperating with his captors and praying for them.

Eventually, the story of his change of heart was written up in a little tract, and, after the war, it fell into the hands of a young Japanese captain, Mitsuo Fuchida, the man who led the air raid against Pearl Harbor and gave the command to drop the bombs on that fateful day of December 7. Mitsuo Fuchida was a hero in Japan after the war because of that exploit and others, but his own heart was empty. Somehow he read the tract that told the story of De Shazer's amazing change of heart. He was arrested and puzzled by the story. From somewhere he obtained a New Testament and began to read it with growing interest. At last he came to the story of the crucifixion. When he read the Lord's words from the cross, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing" (Luke 23:34), his heart broke. He realized that this one who could love His enemies and pray for those who persecuted Him was manifesting a quality of life that no natural human being could possibly show. Mitsuo Fuchida became a Christian and an evangelist, telling the story of a love that can change human hearts.

Such love is the sign of the new life. It is a love that you not only extend toward those who love you, but toward those who do not love you. It is a love that does not depend upon a reciprocal relationship but loves the unlovely, the unqualified, the ungrateful, the selfish, and the difficult. This, then, is the character of true love, and it is always evidence that a new life has come, the life born of God.

Lord, I realize that I am not to love others because they love me but because I have been loved by God, and I have in me a life that loves despite any reason to love. Teach me to let that life show through me.

Life Application

Is one of our prerequisites for loving others that they love us first? Apart from having a new Life within we cannot at all evidence the love God commanded us to show.

View Quote

Amen brother, thank you so much for bringing the Truth. That's where its at right there.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 10:45:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
You can’t.

It’s all based on faith.

View Quote

I believe, but you are right.  You can't know.  It is a matter of faith.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 10:52:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Just purchase some Indulgences and you can do whatever you want. Guaranteed access to Heaven.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 10:55:43 AM EDT
[#32]
I'm opting out of the heaven quest so as to free up space for other people.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 11:01:53 AM EDT
[#33]
"Ye must be born again."

Those are the words of Christ. Learn what he meant when he said that.

Don't believe what mortal men tell you. Study for yourself what Christ really said.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 11:07:19 AM EDT
[#34]
What happens on other sentient life-bearing planets?
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 11:11:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Christ's blood paid the price for past, present and future sins. You, as well as I will sin again throughout your life. It is inevitable, as we are imperfect in the eyes of a perfect God. The good news is that your faith in Christ secures you a place in God's eternal kingdom, it is that simple.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 11:13:41 AM EDT
[#36]
Die gloriously in glorious battle.
Maybe the Valkyries will select you for Valhalla. Or maybe it will be St'Vo'Kor.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 11:19:32 AM EDT
[#37]
We are going to do a 1000 year reign here on Earth.

Like all relationships you either have some certainty in them or not. If your not having confidence in a relationship examine the relationship and see whats missing. God is never the missing component.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 11:20:08 AM EDT
[#38]
You can't. That's why it's called faith
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 11:22:51 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pascal's Wager

"Pascal argues that a rational person should live as though God exists and seek to believe in God. If God does not exist, such a person will have only a finite loss (some pleasures, luxury, etc.), whereas if God does exist, they stand to receive infinite gains (as represented by eternity in Heaven) and avoid infinite losses (an eternity in Hell)."

Kind of a faithless argument but the logic is sound.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 11:35:18 AM EDT
[#40]
Do you believe in God? Jesus as His son? Do you try to be good?
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 11:39:40 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
"Ye must be born again."

Those are the words of Christ. Learn what he meant when he said that.

Don't believe what mortal men tell you. Study for yourself what Christ really said.
View Quote

Great advice, in case you don't know where to find that:

"Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.” "John 3:3

Sidenote: The Greek used in this verse for "again" also means "from above"
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 11:41:59 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 11:48:23 AM EDT
[#43]
Most everyone is going to Purgatory.

You may be able to purify your sins there over a period of time and be worthy of Heavan.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 11:50:00 AM EDT
[#44]
you gotta have faith uh faith uh faith.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 11:53:54 AM EDT
[#45]
God's currency is faith not works. You cannot work your way to salvation/heaven. It's a free gift if you choose to accept it. God gave us free will to choose his way or ours.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 11:55:27 AM EDT
[#46]
Make it a provision in your will.
The Church gets nothing until you're in Heaven.
They'll fix it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 11:57:53 AM EDT
[#47]
A criminal who was crucified next to Christ repented to him that day. Jesus told him you will be by my fathers side tonight. Right or not it's that easy.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 12:00:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Pascal's Wager

"Pascal argues that a rational person should live as though God exists and seek to believe in God. If God does not exist, such a person will have only a finite loss (some pleasures, luxury, etc.), whereas if God does exist, they stand to receive infinite gains (as represented by eternity in Heaven) and avoid infinite losses (an eternity in Hell)."

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pascal's Wager

I've been saying that for awhile, worst case scenario for believing is just that you're wrong. Worst case for not believing is hell for eternity. I'll stick with the believing
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 12:03:32 PM EDT
[#49]
I just hope you go to Catholic Heaven, it more fun!!!!
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 12:03:58 PM EDT
[#50]
The thread is titled "How can I know for sure that I will go to heaven when I die?"

The Bible provides a specific answer to that very question.

1 John 5
9 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son. 10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. 11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. 13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top