Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 6:19:54 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I think the OP wins the "Cleanest Garage Floor On ARFCOM" title.

And here I thought my garage was pretty clean.

thanks man, i try...using a 3 step epoxy was the best choice for the floor, held up extremely well for 6 years now.

Link Posted: 11/27/2012 6:24:53 PM EDT
[#2]
You could get a bumper sticker that says:

"Hey....At Least Its Not A Chevy Volt "
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 6:26:25 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 11/27/2012 6:30:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You could get a bumper sticker that says:

"Hey....At Least Its Not A Chevy Volt "

Now I want this.
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 6:32:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Just be thankfull they're not giving you a VOLT!!
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 7:18:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Flog it hard and get really bag mileage. I have a friend who had his company pick up replaced with a hybrid civic, sucks in the snow and always needs repairs ,  the guys  run them hard . The guy over transportation got a personal one for almost free as a kickback. Made everyone else miserable,

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 7:45:22 PM EDT
[#7]
QUIT!!

You drive that you better turn in your cahones!
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 7:58:50 PM EDT
[#8]
"Unknown Comic"
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 8:31:53 PM EDT
[#9]
A free quasi-electric japcan?

Drive it.  Use it harder than you would your own Jeep.  Haul cinder blocks & sand in that turd on the weekends.  Do as much WOT throttle driving as possible.  Do you think you can get away with a trailer hitch?

Link Posted: 11/27/2012 8:39:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Lem !
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 8:46:43 PM EDT
[#11]
shave your head, grow a goatee, and wear tap out shirts.  You'll be totally bad ass.
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 8:56:40 PM EDT
[#12]
I would say up armored with a MK19 or a FN MAG would help.

Link Posted: 11/27/2012 9:10:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Urban camo vinyl wrap.
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 9:14:46 PM EDT
[#14]
put an obama sticker on it and you can spy on the libs for us.

Install a gun rack with a peace sign on it, an obama sticker on the left and an extremely right wing sticker on the right.

most will just do if anyone actually asks just say well it's a hybrid.

also you know how I know your gay you fucking give a shit what people think
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 9:14:55 PM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 11/27/2012 9:15:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Does all expenses paid include gas?  If not, I'd say you got a pretty sweet deal.
Link Posted: 11/28/2012 7:06:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
To be honest, Grand Cherokees look kinda gay.

Yeah, you're already driving a chick car, what's your beef?

A cheap price, solid engineering, handling like a billy goat, and driving a chick car like I don't give a fuck makes it a man's car, I say.

My beef is with Jeep. I'm still pissed that they shitcanned the classic Cherokee. I swear my chick cute ute is more like my old Cherokee than anything I could get from Jeep currently.
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 12:31:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
You stop caring about what other men think about you.

Seriously, caring what other men think about you is kinda gay.  Get over it.  It's a car, it serves a purpose.

That purpose is a soothing, mildly-scented solution to rinse out your vagina.
It's a douche car. They look like shit and douchebags drive them.

And I'm sure you think all blacks are drug dealing criminals, too, right?
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 12:34:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Off road lighting. A ski rack. Moose antlers on top. Those missile balloons that you tie onto the back of your car. No diesel Jetta option? At least those get 50ish per gallon and do not have batteries to service and replace in a few years.

Priuses go 250K as taxis and don't need batteries replaced. Mine's got 180K on it, and runs like a dream. Best car I ever owned.

GET OUT OF HERE WITH YOUR FACTS!!!  

I only have 45k on mine.  "Who Is John Galt" on the left, BFL on the right.  A coworker has 160K on his Prius and his is still going fine.  I have no fears about anything in my car failing, even though I did have a cooling pump fail.  It was recalled on the 08s, but not 09s.  Replaced under warranty.  Aside from that, new tires, oil and filters every 5k.  47MPG is hard to shake a stick at when I only paid 19K for the car.
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 12:39:15 AM EDT
[#20]
See if they will let you get a ford fusion hybrid.  Lot better looking than that libtard mobile.  I fart louder than a prius.
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 12:40:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Well, you... you... fuck, your screwed.

Any way you can say no and just get a gas card instead?

I hate the prius... what a POS.
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 12:44:58 AM EDT
[#22]
I suppose you could drive everywhere while having sex with a naked redhead with watermelon sized tits and eating a raw, bloody t-bone and waving a sword out the window. At least 50% would think you're straight.
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 12:48:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

You should seek therapy if an inanimate object instills hatred in you.  It's just a fucking car, dude.  Seriously.
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 1:08:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You should seek therapy if an inanimate object instills hatred in you.  It's just a fucking car, dude.  Seriously.

Really, have you driven one?  I have- it fucking sucks.  I like my SUV with the V8... it moves when I apply the gas pedal... the prius... not so much.

Also, it doesn't apply to the OP, but I like working on my own vehicles... what a nightmare under that hood...
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 1:25:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really, have you driven one?  I have- it fucking sucks.  I like my SUV with the V8... it moves when I apply the gas pedal... the prius... not so much.

Also, it doesn't apply to the OP, but I like working on my own vehicles... what a nightmare under that hood...

Yes I have, I own one.  Mine tends to move when I press the throttle.  Shit, its got just under 300lb-ft of torque on tap.  Maintenance on it is literally no different than a conventional car. The hybrid components don't really need any.

Its a great little commuter car that does everything I need it to.  Period.  It doesn't define who I am, or anything about me.  Its a tool, nothing more.
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 4:38:49 AM EDT
[#26]
I have a 2010 with almost 70,000 miles on it...still under warranty (extended) and its been a great car.
Regular oil changes, tires, filters, and the transaxle fluid are the only maintenance I performed on it.  Break pads and rotors are still almost 95% due to the regenerative breaking.

I cannot understand why people hate on the car so bad...guess its an internet thing.  See my thread in Deer Hunting Forum in Outdoors and I used mine to haul my 6pt Buck I shot to the butchers.
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 4:44:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Beats me.  I probably look like a fag in mine.  This is all the fucks I give.

A car is transportation.  I try not to wrap up my identity in it.

Link Posted: 11/29/2012 4:44:35 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I have a 2010 with almost 70,000 miles on it...still under warranty (extended) and its been a great car.
Regular oil changes, tires, filters, and the transaxle fluid are the only maintenance I performed on it.  Break pads and rotors are still almost 95% due to the regenerative breaking.

I cannot understand why people hate on the car so bad...guess its an internet thing.  See my thread in Deer Hunting Forum in Outdoors and I used mine to haul my 6pt Buck I shot to the butchers.

Hey, well, we're on the right, see, and people on the left like Prius, so we have to HATE it.  It's in the rule book.  
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 4:46:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Because they are UGLY
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 5:02:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 5:04:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Just make sure that you remove the dealer installed Obama sticker.

They seem to be the official pace car of "hope and change and forward" here. I do know a hotrodder guy that has a black, mildly lowered "murdered out" prius. Doesn't look too bad (he even admitted it is turd polishing). It is cheap, reliable, disposable transportation.

All the jokes aside, they are pretty solid, dependable cars, albeit a bit spendy for what you get and a bit goofy looking.
Meh, I would drive a free prius.
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 5:05:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
get a   "I love Obama" bumper sticker

Hell I thought the prius came with them.
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 5:06:17 AM EDT
[#33]
I had them a couple times as rentals, just did not like them. I guess once you get used to the way they drive the Toyota value is enjoyable.
I personally would like something else. The Prius is a victim of a certain demographic grabbing on to a car and using it as their banner.
Others are judged against that. In this case it happens to be self-centered urban eco-harpie. Unfortunate.
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 5:06:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 5:06:49 AM EDT
[#35]

Free car means less wear and tear on the Jeep. Not to mention your awesome BMW, a manly example of Teutonic engineering.

Because of the BMW in your car port, your man card is safe.

As far as Hybrids go, I rather like the Honda CRZ. But the Prius is okay as a daily driver. Nothing gay about it, as long as there is no hippie/Barry Zero stickers on it.
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 5:10:09 AM EDT
[#36]
Hey, guys...My wife drives a Prius and a member of my gun club does too.

All you need to do is add the NRA and "Nuke the Whales" stickers.

EDIT: Oh Yeah! Don't forget the AR in a rack in the rear window.
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 5:12:51 AM EDT
[#37]
There is no way to look cool driving a Prius, none what so ever.

Just admit it to everyone that see's you that you're gay and move on.
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 5:14:21 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had to get the Obama sticker and coexist sticker removal kit when I bought mine.  
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 5:30:43 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Currently, I have a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland with a Hemi and I get about $2k a month in car reimbursements and mileage. Now I am deemed as a high mileage driver and my Jeep is not "Eco Friendly" and they are getting me a company car Toyota Prius instead

So, if you get rid of the Jeep, its next owner will still drive it - thereby polluting the planet just as much as if you kept it.

Meanwhile, your brand-new Prius (which wouldn't have needed to be built if you kept the Jeep) will have consumed additional energy and resources during its manufacture, and will still contribute some additional pollution and consume some resources over its expected lifespan.

How is having 1 Jeep + 1 Prius on the planet more  "Eco Friendly" than having just 1 Jeep on the planet?
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 5:31:33 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had to get the Obama sticker and coexist sticker removal kit when I bought mine.  

ha!  I bought mine new and I kid you not at the dealer they had some envrionmental BS bumper stickers.  My wife put the "Don't Tread on Me" sticker on the numper and some jackass ripped it off :(
considering I live right in the FSA area of PA, its hard to keep the car from being vandalized if I put any pro-right stickers on it.

Link Posted: 11/29/2012 5:40:09 AM EDT
[#41]
put this sticker on it

Link Posted: 11/29/2012 5:44:16 AM EDT
[#42]
I know what Jeremy Clarkson would say .................

Link Posted: 11/29/2012 5:44:42 AM EDT
[#43]
You're fucked. We provide 1/2 ton and 1 ton trucks as company cars for the guys to take home. Sorry.

I would just be up front and honest with the company, you are going from an allowance that allowed you to use aht you wanted to something you don't want which is a downgrade and a lesser benefit. See what they say. I would take the money they spend on it and tell them to keep it and even if I had to pay some out of my pocket pay for something I enjoy driving.

Link Posted: 11/29/2012 5:46:49 AM EDT
[#44]
Plain and simple:  You don't.  

Get a rainbow sticker, and that little Equal sign sticker, and blend in with the rest of them.  
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 5:49:37 AM EDT
[#45]
Ask for balck and "murder" it out.  Black windows... black wheels Spray tin the headlight and tailigihts.

It will still be ghey but people will be busy figurign out why you went to the trouble of customizing it.
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 5:57:49 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

put this sticker on it

winning

Link Posted: 11/29/2012 5:58:53 AM EDT
[#47]
Dont worry about it, people that drive C6 Corvettes are total assholes   LOL  
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 6:03:22 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Currently, I have a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland with a Hemi and I get about $2k a month in car reimbursements and mileage. Now I am deemed as a high mileage driver and my Jeep is not "Eco Friendly" and they are getting me a company car Toyota Prius instead

So, if you get rid of the Jeep, its next owner will still drive it - thereby polluting the planet just as much as if you kept it.

Meanwhile, your brand-new Prius (which wouldn't have needed to be built if you kept the Jeep) will have consumed additional energy and resources during its manufacture, and will still contribute some additional pollution and consume some resources over its expected lifespan.

How is having 1 Jeep + 1 Prius on the planet more  "Eco Friendly" than having just 1 Jeep on the planet?

talked to one rep that already had a company provided Prius and when he went to pick up our President and his admin at the airport, he even said "WTF is with this small car."

Apparently the Fleet administrator never really consulted anyone on the Senior Leadership in sales and just picked the Prius and contract was already signed with our fleet company.

This winter will be interesting driving a Prius, I cover SE Ohio and the hills/mountains along WV and KY also and it's not the safest in the winter.

Link Posted: 11/29/2012 6:05:33 AM EDT
[#49]
Free car? Get a company logo sticker and put on it. Business vehicle.
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 6:10:48 AM EDT
[#50]
Build vtac barrier to shoot around , make it so it breaks down and cram it all inside with your guns and ammo . That's what we did
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top