Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 7:05:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got 4 kids under the age of 10.

The answer to your question is simple, don't set your children up to fail. You don't take kids that are screaming or are likely to scream into a nice restaurant.

If they are famished, exhausted, or having a hard time sitting still you pick something else or you get takeout.

There isn't a reason kids cannot go to nice places (my youngest for example loves Sushi). But, I am not going to wait until late in the evening to feed my exhausted/hungry child.

If the kids are being awful at a nice restaurant, the parents are responsible.

Link Posted: 1/20/2022 7:11:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You can take the authoritarian out of California but can't take the authoritarian out of the Californian.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you took offense to the term fuck trophies, I apologize. It must be difficult to have unruly children and having it called out is embarrassing. Again, I apologize and will amend my behavior.

You can take the authoritarian out of California but can't take the authoritarian out of the Californian.
Lol. I don't even know even know what that means.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 7:14:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
please link me up with this resort. mucho gracias.
View Quote

Secrets Akumal is also the kittens mittens
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 7:17:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I've got 4 kids under the age of 10.

The answer to your question is simple, don't set your children up to fail. You don't take kids that are screaming or are likely to scream into a nice restaurant.

If they are famished, exhausted, or having a hard time sitting still you pick something else or you get takeout.

There isn't a reason kids cannot go to nice places (my youngest for example loves Sushi). But, I am not going to wait until late in the evening to feed my exhausted/hungry child.

If the kids are being awful at a nice restaurant, the parents are responsible.

View Quote
Thank you!
All the poorly behaved children I've seen have parents that aren't parenting. I agree with someone who posted earlier about how its good to teach your kids how to behave in a nice ( or any other) restaurant by taking them there and having them behave.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 7:22:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
No kid's menu, and no cheap meal option on the menu.
View Quote

This.  My kids get to go with us to the local sandwich/pizza places.  Gotta teach them how to act in public.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 7:43:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Upscale restaurants were a treat for me growing up. I was expected to learn table manners, the various menu offerings, how to politely request service...etc.

We didn't get to do much of that owing to finances and it made me appreciate the occasion all the more.

But that was a different world. This one - replete with "things" as it were - isn't necessarily better.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 8:04:15 PM EDT
[#7]
We went to one of the most expensive restaurants in the area last week (steakhouse). A nearby table had a party of 8 or ten including 3 young children. they were very well behaved.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top