Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 12
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 3:43:44 PM EDT
[#1]
If she's loaded, I could live with it. But Im hiring hookers.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 3:45:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Agreed - but that is the minority. Majority of those overweight to obese consume massive amounts of shit food and drink and live a lazy, sedimentary lifestyle. You can't cry about hormones and thyroids etc when you inhale two big macs, XL fries, three XL sodas, and wash it down with a bag of potato chips. Your body (save for extreme circumstances) cannot make something out of nothing. Put in shit + shit activity level = look like shit. Fix the diet alone and most of the weight falls off. Add just moderate exercise and there ya go.

It's the motivation and self control most people lack, not a medical condition.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Calorie restriction in the presence of hormonal dysregulation backfires.

It's relatively easy to lose weight when your hormones are functioning properly but it's nearly impossible to do so when they aren't.
Agreed - but that is the minority. Majority of those overweight to obese consume massive amounts of shit food and drink and live a lazy, sedimentary lifestyle. You can't cry about hormones and thyroids etc when you inhale two big macs, XL fries, three XL sodas, and wash it down with a bag of potato chips. Your body (save for extreme circumstances) cannot make something out of nothing. Put in shit + shit activity level = look like shit. Fix the diet alone and most of the weight falls off. Add just moderate exercise and there ya go.

I don't think it's the minority, necessarily.  Diet is HUGE for preventing and fixing hormonal dysregulation but the standard diet advice (low calorie/low fat/heavy on the whole grains) is exactly what causes the dysregulation in the first place.  So it isn't just that a minority of people got crap luck with their hormones----their way of eating is causing the problem in the first place which makes it pretty prevalent.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 3:46:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Nutrition. Yes

Starbucks "coffees"-no

Fast food- no

Sugar snacks- no.

Our country is turning into a fat slob and people are making excuses and justifications for it.

It's disgusting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
First we are talking about a person you have committed your life to be with and most likely the mother of your children.  Yes eating less is what is needed but in order to thrive a woman needs more than nutrition. We need acceptance, security,  identity and purpose and often outside of eating have little ability to meet their needs. The fact is staying committed to a healthy diet takes a lot of willpower and persistence then needs nurturing and support. It's important to look at your marriage as a team. A good team doesn't look at what the other members lack but for ways they can assist.  As long as you are committed to placing blame and feeling injured by your wife's obesity you will perpetuate the problem.
Nutrition. Yes

Starbucks "coffees"-no

Fast food- no

Sugar snacks- no.

Our country is turning into a fat slob and people are making excuses and justifications for it.

It's disgusting.
Yes what you have listed above is the addiction of food. But food is more than calories in-calories out. Food is social and it's addictive. If your wife is suffering from this addiction she needs help and your compassion. I personally put on 40 pounds over the course of a two year illness. It's hard as hell to lose this weight. I have multiple issues (like most women 25# and more do). I am proactive (most women are not) and I asked my husband for his support. My husband is a junk food junky. He eats chips and candies all the time (but blessed with a great metabolism) I have to resolve not to join him and he has had to learn not to offer them to me. (He still does). I asked him to ask me daily how I am doing and praise my milestones-once in the 6 weeks I've been dieting he's asked me how I'm doing and he has never praised my success. I got a pedicure when I lost 20# and I had to defend my purchase. I only bring this up to show how men can contribute to a woman's demise.
Ideally my husband would take an active part in my weight loss. He would encourage me and reward me for my success.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 3:50:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I am a big triathlon guy.

When we first started dated my ex-gf started working out with me and working out more as she wanted to be in shape and spend time with me

By the end I was making her feel guilty for not being in shape just by me working out and started the whole positive body image fat shaming mess. I never once mentioned anything negative to her.

She slipped into lib/divorced friend madness.

Now she lives with her recently divorced friend and last I saw her on facebook she looked like she was going to explode out of a bridesmaid dress. Shes probably 5'7'' and I would bet 150-160 pounds now.

to me like many other posts - its about maintaining a heathly lifestyle and respecting your partner. has to be mutual

I tried to save that relationship too long and even stopped working out due to frustration. Back at is and back to where I pretty much want to be. Ironman '18!
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 3:51:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Reading Naamah's post about her husband, who went through ups and downs and gaining lots of weight, drinking too much (etc) and what I read in her post is such love for her husband. She loves HIM as a person.

I'm not getting that same vibe from some of the guys here. They talk about the wife (probably a wife they don't yet have) as an employee or a 'product' that is defective and not living up to the hype and they just want a refund because the bitch got fat.

I'm not saying that it would be okay to sit by passively and watch someone destroy their health and say nothing about it. But the support and love that Naamah and you talk about, it just ain't there. (Not with all the posts here, some guys talk about a plan and seem to have compassion, but others just ooze resentment. Oh yeah, I'm sure most women would just blossom under that environment! )
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A good team doesn't look at what the other members lack but for ways they can assist.  As long as you are committed to placing blame and feeling injured by your wife's obesity you will perpetuate the problem.
Reading Naamah's post about her husband, who went through ups and downs and gaining lots of weight, drinking too much (etc) and what I read in her post is such love for her husband. She loves HIM as a person.

I'm not getting that same vibe from some of the guys here. They talk about the wife (probably a wife they don't yet have) as an employee or a 'product' that is defective and not living up to the hype and they just want a refund because the bitch got fat.

I'm not saying that it would be okay to sit by passively and watch someone destroy their health and say nothing about it. But the support and love that Naamah and you talk about, it just ain't there. (Not with all the posts here, some guys talk about a plan and seem to have compassion, but others just ooze resentment. Oh yeah, I'm sure most women would just blossom under that environment! )
I hear these men taking their wife's weight gain personally. If she loves me she would take better care of her. If she wants my respect she should respect herself. Unfortunately human nature doesn't work that way. Women's bodies are designed to get fat. Our world is full of foods that accelerate this process and is enjoyable along the way. Being disgusted-being hurt will not help.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 3:57:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yes what you have listed above is the addiction of food. But food is more than calories in-calories out. Food is social and it's addictive. If your wife is suffering from this addiction she needs help and your compassion. I personally put on 40 pounds over the course of a two year illness. It's hard as hell to lose this weight. I have multiple issues (like most women 25# and more do). I am proactive (most women are not) and I asked my husband for his support. My husband is a junk food junky. He eats chips and candies all the time (but blessed with a great metabolism) I have to resolve not to join him and he has had to learn not to offer them to me. (He still does). I asked him to ask me daily how I am doing and praise my milestones-once in the 6 weeks I've been dieting he's asked me how I'm doing and he has never praised my success. I got a pedicure when I lost 20# and I had to defend my purchase. I only bring this up to show how men can contribute to a woman's demise.
Ideally my husband would take an active part in my weight loss. He would encourage me and reward me for my success.
View Quote
My wife fights with lupus, thyroid, arthritis and bad parental lessons.

It took me a lot longer than necessary to get her to see the big picture and that I wasn’t just being an ass. I was scared she’d be dead by 45.

She fought for herself and for us, she worked her ass off for 2 straight years to lose the weight, but most of all become healthy. Diet, mental, emotionally.

She’d set goals, and we’d celebrate them together.

I coached her along the entire way. Side by side. Eat what she ate, exercised, etc.

Wish you all the success, and hope you can press through the hard days.

ETA: since my wife got so healthy.

She’s had 2 very different reactions

1) I’m starving her and forcing her to workout(her fat ass sister being one of them). I don’t really give 2 shits, I want my wife alive as long as possible.

2) my now ex sil stopped talking to my wife and called her “a skinny bitch”. Just so happened to be the timeframe she divorced my brother then settled down with a new dude. Then blew up in weight. More weight than she ever was even pregnant.

My wife now helps her friends get in a better track, she’s been supporting and encouraging a close friend of hers who now runs half marathons and spartan races with my wife. She’s lost 20-30# herself and is much happier.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 4:00:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm close to 100% sure Beyonce and Jessica Alba are both over 160lbs.

I understand some people put on weight differently.

My wife is about 5'4" and 155lbs.  Played soccer her whole life.  Scores over a 300 on the Army's PT test, can out work damn near all you, and crush a watermelon with her legs.  She probably was 135lbs when we met.

When we met in HS I was 150lbs lean, got married I was an Army 180lbs, after retirement and disability I'm 215lbs and 30" wide shoulder to shoulder.

I can't keep her off of me

You gotta give a women a reason to physically be on top of her shit.  Shes not there to shit out your kids, clean your dirty underwear, take care of your 5 little assholes and have dinner on the table when you get home.  And then look like a million dollars for your below ave ass.
View Quote
hahahahaha no
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 4:08:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It took me a lot longer than necessary to get her to see the big picture and that I wasn't just being an ass. I was scared she'd be dead by 45.

She fought for herself and for us, she worked her ass off for 2 straight years to lose the weight, but most of all become healthy. Diet, mental, emotionally.

She'd set goals, and we'd celebrate them together.

I coached her along the entire way. Side by side. Eat what she ate, exercised, etc.

View Quote
and that's what women need. It's hard. I've been thin my whole life and I've been an athlete my entire life but menopause, arthritis and thyroid coupled with a husband who loves junk food I found myself needing to lose 40 pounds. Most women do not have my background of exercise and resolve. They need love, support and compassion.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 4:09:40 PM EDT
[#9]
You can call me a soyboy if you want OP, but my femininity, or lack thereof has nothing to do with the vows I made.

So, since I didn't read the thread, can anyone summarize? Would reading it destroy my faith in humanity, or bolster it?
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 4:14:03 PM EDT
[#10]
I voted option 3 and I lift more than OP.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 4:15:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

snip
View Quote
I was diagnosed recently with lupus.  Sucks.  I just took myself off my meds because I feel like they're killing me.  Arthritis in your hands and feet makes it tough to do the simplest tasks.

eta:  I'm thinking of giving it a shot at beating it just by diet.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 4:16:28 PM EDT
[#12]
This is a really stupid, immature topic. The poll has stupid choices as well. Here's my Poll.

Why would you divorce your spouse just because of weight gain? Because you're:

1. Stupid
2. A moron
3. Extremely Immature
4. A Democrat
5. An Adolescent who isn't even old enough to get married anyway; Synonymous with #3.
6. Psychopathic or  Sociopathic
7. Extremely Narcissistic
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 4:17:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
You can call me a soyboy if you want OP, but my femininity, or lack thereof has nothing to do with the vows I made.

So, since I didn't read the thread, can anyone summarize? Would reading it destroy my faith in humanity, or bolster it?
View Quote
Agree with the above.  where I was raised, a man is as good as his word.

If that causes you to question my manhood, that's your issue.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 4:19:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I was diagnosed recently with lupus.  Sucks.  I just took myself off my meds because I feel like they're killing me.  Arthritis in your hands and feet makes it tough to do the simplest tasks.

View Quote
Diet helps a lot, my wife was over doing it on meds after she got into better health. One pill was a whole dose, now she takes 1/2 every other day.

Her arthritis has been a lot better recently too.

Run any changes by your doc, and hopefully you find the right combo to minimize any lifestyle effects
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 4:22:51 PM EDT
[#15]
The white knighting induced vitriol in response to this topic is hilarious.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 4:25:20 PM EDT
[#16]
My wife started to Blimp out.  I didn't say anything!!!

I just had her take a picture of herself in a bikini and she did the rest!!

Things are now back to normal.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 4:27:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

snip

maybe you could be as successful as this woman
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 4:32:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
The guy whose kids would call his big fat wife "Barney" whenever she put on a purple shirt was pretty funny.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 4:35:06 PM EDT
[#19]
My wife is in better shape now than when we married 15 years ago even after a pregnancy. She is at the same weight as when we married but has more muscle in her thighs and rear end. She eats very well and hikes/ walks often. Makes for a hot little mama. She works to look good for me.

I've gained weight, but I don't think she expected me to stay at 145 lbs forever. I was a twig back then when we met. I gained up to 205-210 and was fat. I dieted down to 165 a few years back, then started working out. I'm 179 now, and look thin and fit. Kinda ashamed about it. My health is much better now then when I was way overweight. But I'm just vain enough to wish that I was stronger looking. Getting there slowly again working towards Tan and Jacked to look good for my wife.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 4:44:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It's relatively easy to lose weight when your hormones are functioning properly but it's nearly impossible to do so when they aren't.
View Quote
It's not impossible at all. If your basal metabolism burns 1200kcal per day and you eat 1000kcal per day then you will lose weight. Hormone imbalances may affect your basal burn but will never cause you to gain weight on a deficit of kcals.

Hormone imbalances, conditions, bad knees, lack of time to exercise, none of these excuses cause you to absorb excess kcals from the air. They all enter your body the same way.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 4:46:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
First we are talking about a person you have committed your life to be with and most likely the mother of your children.  Yes eating less is what is needed but in order to thrive a woman needs more than nutrition. We need acceptance, security,  identity and purpose and often outside of eating have little ability to meet their needs. The fact is staying committed to a healthy diet takes a lot of willpower and persistence then needs nurturing and support. It's important to look at your marriage as a team. A good team doesn't look at what the other members lack but for ways they can assist.  As long as you are committed to placing blame and feeling injured by your wife's obesity you will perpetuate the problem.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would recommend compassion but make a plan. I have some experience with this because I counsel over weight women regularly. Women who are more than 25# over weight suffer from multiple issues. Most often depression, over active adrenals, under active thyroid as well as insulin resistance and estrogen resistance. It is very difficult for obese women to lose weight particularly if she is big busted, works and has small children. She needs your support and compassion and she professional help from several care providers.
They could just eat less. I understand it's a self control issue but everyone can slay that dragon. It isnt impossible for anyone.
My wife is not obese. She has never been obese.  If anything she weights 2-3 lbs less than she did before 3 kids and is certainly more athletic.

My wife also has incredible self control and understands calories out vs calories in.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 4:49:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Yes what you have listed above is the addiction of food. But food is more than calories in-calories out. Food is social and it's addictive..
View Quote
Food is addictive. I am a food addict. I am also height/weight proportional and a healthy weight bmi.

Eat less.

Drink less.

Smoke less.

addiction recovery and treatment is 99.999% will power.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 4:51:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Food is addictive. I am a food addict. I am also height/weight proportional and a healthy weight bmi.

Eat less.

Drink less.

Smoke less.

View Quote
BMI LOL

#stopbeingweak
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 4:52:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I think when someone refuses to get treatment, when they refuse to set goals or timelines, when they refuse to consider your feelings on the matter; it's pretty much over. They DGAF about you anymore. You can stay like a cuck or head out on your own. If you want to go the extra mile you could set a time limit say a year or two, to give them a chance to come around. But odds are it will just turn out to be wasted time at the end of it.
View Quote
My thoughts on it as well. If they’re actively trying to be healthier, but can’t then so be it. You become a tub of lard and choose to eat shitty and sit your ass on the couch, then so be it too. But so be it your ass on out the door.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 4:53:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

snip

An arfcommer turned me on to a book called Plant Paradox and it makes the point that gluten is only one of many lectins and that all lectins will cause inflammation.  So, I probably will give the diet a go, which I've been saying for months I'm gonna do.  I just thought the meds would start working, but honestly I think I feel worse.  She describes exactly how I feel getting out of bed and walking downstairs.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 4:57:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Eat less.

Drink less.

Smoke less.

View Quote
It's definitely got more to do with habit breaking and self control, and very little to do with knowledge. Almost every diet and workout plan works. If you decide to stick with it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 4:58:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
That is some real fucked up fuckery there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

IMHO it's part of the "love, respect, be faithful" to the other person part of the gig. If you get overweight to the point of being unhealthy, it is disrespectful to the other person. If you let yourself get to the point of looking like shit, it is terribly disrespectful.

To me, being sloppy/lazy/overweight is another form of being unfaithful and I was very clear about it to anyone I dated seriously.
That is some real fucked up fuckery there.
How so?  Seems perfectly reasonable to me.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 5:05:47 PM EDT
[#28]
People these days have no morals.  Whatever happened to taking care of your fat wife while banging hookers on the side like the good old days?

Link Posted: 1/30/2018 5:07:28 PM EDT
[#29]
As long as it will take to grow your hair back!!!!
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 5:09:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
People these days have no morals.  Whatever happened to taking care of your fat wife while banging hookers on the side like the good old days?

View Quote
GPS phone tracking
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 5:11:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I don't think it's the minority, necessarily.  Diet is HUGE for preventing and fixing hormonal dysregulation but the standard diet advice (low calorie/low fat/heavy on the whole grains) is exactly what causes the dysregulation in the first place.  So it isn't just that a minority of people got crap luck with their hormones----their way of eating is causing the problem in the first place which makes it pretty prevalent.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly. Diet is usually the cause of it - whether it be the obesity itself or the 'health issue' that then causes the weight gain. Regardless it is self inflicted. I havent seen low cal/low fat/high grain be touted as the diet of choice in forever, and yet our obesity rates climb and climb and climb...
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 5:20:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:Women's bodies are designed to get fat. Our world is full of foods that accelerate this process and is enjoyable along the way..
View Quote
Absolute bullshit. None of us are "designed" to chow down on fast food, processed food, and sugar/corn syrup every day. That is a conscious decision to consume a piss poor diet. I love junk food, especially sweets. But I avoid them for the most part now since I am not in my 20s, playing rugby, and burning off anything I can consume faster than I can eat it. If I ate the way I did in college I would be a bowling ball. So I don't.

Women's bodies are designed to gain a small amount of weight during pregnancy (10-15% intake increase - they are eating for 1.1, not 2) to support the fetus, and then burn it off when breastfeeding. If they were designed to be fat, why did we not have an obesity problem in the 40s, 50s, or anytime before, anywhere in the world? Everyone started getting fat when things got easier, activity levels dropped, and fast food and processed food took over. Conscious lifestyle CHOICES.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 5:28:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I just thought it was funny that she acted the way I'd expect any loyal, faithful wife would, and any man here would admire her for it. But if we switch the genders of her post, I predict the attitude would be very different for some of you.

I'm also not against a husband or wife choosing a spouse whom they know is on the same page as them and encouraging them to keep those standards. (As long as it's a two-day street.)

But still, I return to what Naamah wrote, and how some of you wouldn't be willing to say the same as she, were the genders reversed...
View Quote
Again, I do not know of her situation and I do not care to.

My post was not about her or you or anyone in particular.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 5:40:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 5:50:59 PM EDT
[#35]
I took vows. I will keep them. My wife is active and healthy.

Would I encourage her to be more nutrition conscious, exercise more, and be more health conscious? Yes.

Would I be hurt and feel like I've been taken for granted if my wife let herself go? Yes.

Would I be less proud of my wife, less attracted to my wife, and less interested in sex with her if she let herself go? Yes.

This is human nature. Completely neglecting one's health and appearance has serious negative consequences for a marriage. No amount of "body positivity" bullshit is going to make me become physically attracted to a fat woman, even if I married her. That's not how the vast majority of humans are wired.

Lots of people blame lots of things for failed relationships, but a lot of it starts with personal health neglect.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 5:52:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
The guy whose kids would call his big fat wife "Barney" whenever she put on a purple shirt was pretty funny.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True story too. She threw an ashtray at me for laughing.

If you think that was funny, you should have been there when she said she was glad we had a pool that day because she was , "one (pause) hot (pause) dog" and my step son squirted ketchup all over her. Round two was ON!
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 6:14:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Sorry my vows mean something if not to her, to me. For better OR WORSE, richer or POORER.

I swear most people now days might as well just say "for better and richer cause otherwise fuck this I'm out".
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 6:17:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
My wife has too much respect for herself and for me to blimp out, even after having kids.
View Quote
Neither my wife or me understand how people have no self-control.....whether it be food, drink, drugs, gambling, etc. No we're not perfect, but we know when to say when enough is enough with most anything. Life is challenging enough without making yourself a slob.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 6:51:04 PM EDT
[#39]
We all need to be completely, 100% supportive when our spouse becomes a landwhale because of apathy, and accept that the rest of our lives will be spent together checking BGL, going to numerous cardiology appointments and falling asleep to the romantic sounds of a CPAP machine, amirite?
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 6:58:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
We all need to be completely, 100% supportive when our spouse becomes a landwhale because of apathy, and accept that the rest of our lives will be spent together checking BGL, going to numerous cardiology appointments and falling asleep to the romantic sounds of a CPAP machine, amirite?
View Quote
Pretty much if your too much of a pussy in love to do anything to prevent it.

I don’t understand how people just sit back and do nothing and call it love.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 6:58:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Sex is a very important part of a healthy marriage. In order to have regular sex you probably need a fair amount of sexual attraction towards your wife.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Which vow mentioned “until you blimp out do us part?”
Sex is a very important part of a healthy marriage. In order to have regular sex you probably need a fair amount of sexual attraction towards your wife.
Nothing cures ED like the presence of a young attractive woman.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 7:01:09 PM EDT
[#42]
lol fat people
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 7:01:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
wrist rule OP if you can put you arms around her and reach your wrist ... She isn't fat
View Quote
Whoa there! I've got a 50+" circumferential reach, and what about really tall guys with a 72" reach?

Fuc dat!
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 7:15:47 PM EDT
[#44]
For all the "death do us part" guys...

Back in the day if you lived long enough and your first wife got old and fat you'd just add another to the haram... as long as you could afford it.

Adultery? Go be poor somewhere else.

Also, "honor thy husband" anyone?
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 7:21:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
No, that's a childish bullshit parody. No one here is arguing that a guy should be supportive of a ballooning wife. It possible to both encourage good eating and exercise habits in your spouse and keep your wedding vows

The only thing being argued in this thread by the side you are parodying is that a man's honor is determined in large part by his capacity to keep one of the most sacred vows a human can make. If that's offensive to you, then perhaps you need to either reorient your moral compass or just toss it out. But you can't have it both ways. You either keep your word--and your honor--or you stop giving a shit about honor altogether and "just do you."

I couldn't give two shits whether or not someone is concerned about what is becoming such an outmoded notion, but at the very least we should be honest with ourselves.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 7:23:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Ah, to be lectured on my honor and morals by someone I don't know on the internet. Classic.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 7:24:54 PM EDT
[#47]
And people said Gay marriage was an affront to traditional marriage....
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 7:28:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Ah, to be lectured on my honor and morals by someone I don't know on the internet. Classic.
View Quote
OP isn't even married? Is that correct?
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 7:34:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
and that's what women need. It's hard. I've been thin my whole life and I've been an athlete my entire life but menopause, arthritis and thyroid coupled with a husband who loves junk food I found myself needing to lose 40 pounds. Most women do not have my background of exercise and resolve. They need love, support and compassion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It took me a lot longer than necessary to get her to see the big picture and that I wasn't just being an ass. I was scared she'd be dead by 45.

She'd set goals, and we'd celebrate them together.

Most of us aren't saying to just sit back and watch her balloon out and say nothing. We're saying be patient and understanding and work as a team instead of just being offended that she "did" this to the husband. (As if she's an employee or product that he owns and he's butthurt that he's stuck with a defective model.)

There's three ways to deal with such a situation.

Do nothing and let everyone be unhappy. (No good, not for anyone.)
Be a petulant manbaby and pout because she got fat but be a douche, impatient, unsupportive while pressuring weight loss (or worse, say nothing but silently seethe), and act like it's all about you and she "did" this to you. (No good result will come from this.)
Be part of a team and back her up. If she doesn't like being fat (almost no person likes being fat) then with support, love, compassion she can start working towards a healthy goal. (Has the highest chance of success.)

Do you have the patience and love to do it? Some here clearly don't.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 7:57:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
This is a really stupid, immature topic. The poll has stupid choices as well. Here's my Poll.

Why would you divorce your spouse just because of weight gain? Because you're:

1. Stupid
2. A moron
3. Extremely Immature
4. A Democrat
5. An Adolescent who isn't even old enough to get married anyway; Synonymous with #3.
6. Psychopathic or  Sociopathic
7. Extremely Narcissistic
View Quote
8. A wealthy, in shape, and active guy with tons of women opportinity, who is tired of someone sitting on the couch spending his money and being a lazy troll.
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top