BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 11:42:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Your experience with the TLR1s seems to be an outlier compared to most. How long ago was the latest failure?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not 24/7 but I will at times. Not the best practice but I just find it a little too bulky and I don't trust any wml besides Surefire x200/300s.
Which ones have failed you?
Streamlight tlr-1s. 3 just stopped working while shooting with them. The company replaced them no problem. Same with the cracked tlr6 housing.
Your experience with the TLR1s seems to be an outlier compared to most. How long ago was the latest failure?
5ish years maybe.

The tlr6 housing was maybe 2 years ago.

I'm seriously tempted by both the tlr7 and their new shotgun forearm.

I don't think most people actually train with their lights either. Beyond that my experience is entirely anecdotal. I'm not saying don't buy streamlight either.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 11:44:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't go out at night, so .........never.

Link Posted: 9/4/2019 11:46:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Streamlight tlr-1s. 3 just stopped working while shooting with them. The company replaced them no problem. Same with the cracked tlr6 housing.
View Quote
Gotcha, thanks!
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 11:49:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
5ish years maybe.

I don't think most people actually train with their lights either. Beyond that my experience is entirely anecdotal. I'm not saying don't buy streamlight either.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not 24/7 but I will at times. Not the best practice but I just find it a little too bulky and I don't trust any wml besides Surefire x200/300s.
Which ones have failed you?
5ish years maybe.

I know you shoot as much or more then me from your posts, so just trying to get some info. Not doubting your experiance.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 11:51:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Did Surefire ever get their XC1 mini light to work? I carry X300 on few of my guns but it's gigantic for anything but winter. Heard XC1 was a POS and to avoid.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 11:51:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

5ish years maybe.

View Quote
I've done a massive amount of training and put numerous Streamlights through the ringer without an issue.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 11:53:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 12:00:46 PM EDT
[#8]
2/3 of my EDC guns have lights. I don’t think there are any options for the third.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 12:02:22 PM EDT
[#9]
I operate.

4000 lumens, beaches.

Link Posted: 9/4/2019 12:03:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Just purchased a Streamlight TLR1 H1. Looking to pick up a Vedder IWB holster for my G19. I've always carried a flashlight but tempted to start carrying with a WML.
View Quote
I do.. g19 with tlr7
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 12:22:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Working on making it habit.

Still carry small handheld as well.

Hard to consider how to hold a light and a gun on whatever has me wanting to use phone to call police.  Need like 3 hands for some of that shit, so weapon mounted light makes sense.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 12:26:33 PM EDT
[#12]
I've got a WML on two pistols. One came with a TRP that I just picked up, and the other is on my primary carry.

Attachment Attached File

I'm having an issue with the TLR-7 falling off of my M&P9c when I shoot it at the range. It's got the correct spacer on it and I've tightened it several times with a nickel, to the point that I broke the screw and had to get a replacement from Streamlight (they were really good about it). I'm kind of out of ideas on why it won't stay on.  Also, the controls on the TLR-7 aren't that great. I understand Streamlight coming out with an update to give it similar controls to my other WML.

Attachment Attached File

And I don't know why the images don't display in the correct orientation. They look correct on my computer.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 12:37:50 PM EDT
[#13]
So everybody that carries a WML on their pistol, do you carry a flashlight on you separate? Or do you point your pistol at anything you need to see, just curious!
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 12:40:11 PM EDT
[#14]
G43 with a Streamlight TLR6
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 12:53:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
So everybody that carries a WML on their pistol, do you carry a flashlight on you separate? Or do you point your pistol at anything you need to see, just curious!
View Quote
Depending on light design the spill will let you look at stuff without point the gun right at whatever.

I do carry a hand held, but the spill from a weapon mounted light is something to mess with.

I don't shoot with the light on nearly enough and never done a class with one, working on improving that.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 12:53:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Glock 43 with TLR6 and Glock 19 with TLR7,

I am looking to get into USPSA and I cant believe that a TLR7 puts me into open division.  IDPA doesnt even allow lights.  It baffles me that these "Defensive Pistol" competitions discourage or disallow the use of such a vital defensive tool.

Looks like I will just have to get another holster.  Really wanted to use my molle belt for competition but it may be easier to just get a belt loop kydex holster for it...
View Quote
Its IDPA.  shoot the way you carry, who gives af if that means you're competing against mall ninjas with race guns.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 1:16:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Did Surefire ever get their XC1 mini light to work? I carry X300 on few of my guns but it's gigantic for anything but winter. Heard XC1 was a POS and to avoid.
View Quote
The XC1B is excellent. Perfect light for CCW pistol.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 1:21:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
wml is the way to go.
View Quote
Light up family members and other 'friendlies' to ID them by pointing a gun at them.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 1:21:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I know you shoot as much or more then me from your posts, so just trying to get some info. Not doubting your experiance.
View Quote
Quoted:

I've done a massive amount of training and put numerous Streamlights through the ringer without an issue.
View Quote
I hope I tempered my experience with the interest in some of their new stuff. I'd also try the inforce stuff if they didn't have the battery draining issues as I like their switches.

I wish I saved the thread but it was on light fighter where someone took apart a x300 and tlr1 to do a sxs review on their internals. The Surefire was beefier.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 1:23:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Light up family members and other 'friendlies' to ID them by pointing a gun at them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
wml is the way to go.
If you got some wml training you'd realize you won't have to.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 1:26:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Still waiting on Ruger or S&W to put a rail on a smallish revolver.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 1:26:23 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote
Thanks might try one then!
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 1:27:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
wml is the way to go.
Have you ever actually used a weapon mounted light? You don't have to center the beam on target to identify what you are looking at.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 1:29:23 PM EDT
[#24]
I do. G19 with TLR1 or APLc depending on the day.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 1:30:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Yes, G42/TL-R6.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 1:41:22 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm calling bullshit.. I have it on good authority that the majority of Arfcommers Pocket carry Snubby .38's and .380's.....

Me personally, I do not, I know, My funeral.  But I have yet to be in a scenario where if I had to shoot, I needed a light in which to do it...

Plus I pocket carry a very bright (920 lumen) Nitecore EDC light, So I have white light if I need it.

I don't spend a lot of time in dark alleys on the south side of Chicago..... and I'm in bed by 10....
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 1:48:10 PM EDT
[#27]
My daily has a IR light and designator.

Wait, you don’t daily a pvs and a clip on?

Your funeral pal.

Link Posted: 9/4/2019 2:14:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
I also carry a separate Streamlight.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 2:16:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Every defensive weapon I have has a light.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 11:30:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
wml is the way to go.
Ignorant bullshit from someone with zero WML experiance.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 11:34:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
I carry a separate light, but don't have an issue using just a WML.
As others have said, the spill from the light and even more important inside is light bounce, will allow you to properly illuminate an object.
To me:
A handheld light is for searching and sometimes shooting.
A WML is for shooting, and sometimes searching.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 11:35:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Just purchased a Streamlight TLR1 H1. Looking to pick up a Vedder IWB holster for my G19. I've always carried a flashlight but tempted to start carrying with a WML.
View Quote
Olight pl2 mini
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 12:27:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Still waiting on Ruger or S&W to put a rail on a smallish revolver.
View Quote
There are already several weapon lights for revolvers.  The Hyscore revolver light and the Lasermax centerfire both fit J-frames.
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 12:49:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Yep.    I carry a g19 with a tlr7.

Only way to fly.
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 1:19:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Just switched to a G48/TLR6.
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 1:28:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
For those that have one, does the newest gen Inforce APLc suffer from battery drain like the old ones?
View Quote
Mine never has.
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 9:25:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Mine never has.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
For those that have one, does the newest gen Inforce APLc suffer from battery drain like the old ones?
Mine never has.
I have two of the Gen 3’s and neither have had any battery drain problems.  My Gen 2’s did and Inforce replaced them with the new ones.
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 10:53:18 PM EDT
[#38]
I also carry a separate handheld
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 11:21:52 PM EDT
[#39]
I wear just wear nods everywhere I go.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top