User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/3/2022 9:26:38 PM EDT
I take 5000 IU of D3 daily.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 9:27:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I try to give my wife about 6" a day. I'm good with what God gave me and don't need any extra.

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 9:29:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I take 5000iu +k2
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 9:29:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been taking 5000IUs of D3 for maybe 5 or 6 years.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 9:29:25 PM EDT
[#4]
5000 twice a week
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 9:33:24 PM EDT
[#5]
5000-10000iu stacked with K2
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 9:35:28 PM EDT
[#6]
5-10k iu with k3. D deficiency is implicated as a significant factor in all- cause mortality.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 9:39:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't normally take any, but I should just to keep my levels up.

I suffer from cluster headaches and when I start a cycle I take heroic amounts. Studies have shown that levels of 100ng/ml have a significant impact on frequency and duration. For some lucky people vitamin d may eliminate them all together.

I just started my cycle a week ago, after being free of them for 18 months.

I've take just a little over a million IU in the last week.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 9:41:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I take 5000 IU of D3 daily.
View Quote

Me too.

So there are two poll options we could pick.

Poll fail.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 9:42:10 PM EDT
[#9]
1000 IU, about 5x/week.  Blood test shows it's still on the low end of range.

One of the few vitamins I take that shows a very obvious result.  Good for T levels and morning wood.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 9:42:23 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm outside 80% of daylight, so that much.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 9:42:35 PM EDT
[#11]
None.
I eat a balanced diet and I don't see any reason to spend money on supplements that I don't need.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 9:42:59 PM EDT
[#12]
normally 10,000 iu daily
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 9:43:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 9:46:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Ask your wife. ??
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 9:47:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Sun City, baby. 320+ plus days of glorious sunshine!
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 9:47:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
None.
I eat a balanced diet and I don't see any reason to spend money on supplements that I don't need.
View Quote

It's obviously less of an issue in Arizona, but a surprising nunber of fair skinned people are deficient, especially in more temperate climates.

My wife has a little darker complexion and I always teased her that she should take some.  She figured she tanned easily enough that she didn't need it.  Sure enough, she got tested and was low.

I buy about a year's supply on Amazon for $10 or $12.  It's cheap, very hard to OD on, and there are a variety of health benefits.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 9:47:41 PM EDT
[#17]
12”
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 9:49:17 PM EDT
[#18]
I took 160,000 IU for a couple weeks. You see the bottle said 50 mcg so I thought to get a dose of 4000iu meant I’d need to take 80 capsules. So I did that and then realized it was 2000iu/ capsule.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 9:49:44 PM EDT
[#19]
What ever comes out of the container. 4000, 6000, 8000. My levels last draw were 64 ng/ml.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 9:57:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

This guy takes all the D.

I just checked, the bottle I have is 2000iu. I take one every day. I'm not sure if it's enough or too much.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 10:33:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I try to give my wife about 6" a day. I'm good with what God gave me and don't need any extra.

Kharn
View Quote

Ah, so you do it twice...
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 10:39:27 PM EDT
[#22]
4000 iu per day. Been taking D, B12, Zinc, Mag, Calcium for around 10 years. Got to thinking about it and realized I have not had the flu or any colds for about the same period of time. Nor any cold sores which used to be about once every 2 years or so. Only thing I'm missing from Zelenko's Z Stack is the quercetin. Tested positive for the rice rabies 12/15/2020 but was 100% asymptomatic.

Guess I was ahead of the curve without knowing it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 10:41:38 PM EDT
[#23]
About three years ago my PCP tested my Vitamin D levels and it was around 25. Started taking 4000 per day and last two years my vitamin D level was around 49. Might be a coincidence but since starting on that regimen I have not had so much as a cold.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 10:42:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
None.
View Quote

I thought the same until my doctor told me I had chronic, severe vitamin D deficiency.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 10:45:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

It's obviously less of an issue in Arizona, but a surprising nunber of fair skinned people are deficient, especially in more temperate climates.

My wife has a little darker complexion and I always teased her that she should take some.  She figured she tanned easily enough that she didn't need it.  Sure enough, she got tested and was low.

I buy about a year's supply on Amazon for $10 or $12.  It's cheap, very hard to OD on, and there are a variety of health benefits.
View Quote

it sounds counterintuitive but actually Arizona has a large population of people who are chronically vitamin D deficient.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 10:46:43 PM EDT
[#26]
I ain't askeerd of no Ohmecrumbs.

Daily
D3+K2 - 5000 iu/90 mg
B Complex with Vit C
Zinc - 50 mg
Vit A 5000 iu

Mucinex, Quercertin & Ivermectin standing by just in case.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 10:48:09 PM EDT
[#27]
How much is in excedrin?...
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 10:49:00 PM EDT
[#28]
I didn't pole, but I take 5,000.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 10:49:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
12”
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/3/2022 10:50:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Overlapping options? Your poll is fuckered.

Link Posted: 2/3/2022 10:50:59 PM EDT
[#31]
6000 iu normally but I bumped it up to 8000 iu before omnicron hit.

Summer time I drop it to 4000 to 6000.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 10:51:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I thought the same until my doctor told me I had chronic, severe vitamin D deficiency.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
None.

My understanding is that the older we get, the less Vitamin D our bodies produce naturally through exposure to the sun.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 10:52:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Kharn
View Quote

Came here expecting this. First post did not disappoint.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 10:57:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Another interesting inquiry would be, how many of us who supplement D3 also took the experimental gene therapy that the MSM calls the "CONvid vaccine?"

ETA - shit, sorry, OP, this bad boy prolly gonna' git got. Head on over to the CONvid memory hole, er...uhhh...I meant, "subforum!"
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 10:57:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Be careful!  

I starting taking vitamin D3 pills, and had an allergic reaction after a few days.  Developed a severe skin rash, and allergic reaction, to the lanolin in the pills.  
The D3 supplements are made by boiling sheep's wool, skimming off the lanolin, and selling it as a vitamin D3 supplement.

Switched the D2 (made from plants), and I'm just fine.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 11:10:35 PM EDT
[#36]
For the past almost 2yrs, 8000 iu/day per my doc. I take them as drops rather than gel-caps: faster absorption. I also take a B complex, zinc, garlic, plus a few other supplements every day. Haven't been sick at all since initially getting rice rabies in early 2020.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 11:26:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

My understanding is that the older we get, the less Vitamin D our bodies produce naturally through exposure to the sun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
None.

A chronic, severe lack of Vit D has also been linked to prostate cancer.  I've had prostate cancer and after two months of treatment for it I had my Vit D checked.  It was absent, like I had NONE in my body and I was eating fairly well the years prior.  Get checked guys.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 11:43:08 PM EDT
[#38]
50,000 IUs once a week.

Doc prescribed it, couple of bucks for a months supply.

Over the counter Vit D wasn't increasing my levels after a year
, so I asked for the script.

I was up to high normal range in a few months.

Link Posted: 2/3/2022 11:46:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I suffer from cluster headaches and when I start a cycle I take heroic amounts. Studies have shown that levels of 100ng/ml have a significant impact on frequency and duration. For some lucky people vitamin d may eliminate them all together.

View Quote

I had those for years. Major suckage. Doc did put me on Vitamin D and Verapamil. And Relpax (generic available now) to stop one in process.
Curiously, had gone about four years without one until I got my second Covid vax. Started again but stopped after about a month or two. Sure made me wonder and pretty much decided boosters were not happening
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 11:47:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

it sounds counterintuitive but actually Arizona has a large population of people who are chronically vitamin D deficient.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who sunbathes topless? Extremities don't count.
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 2:31:13 AM EDT
[#42]
For a few months I was taking a 1000 iu pill daily. I spend a lot of time in the sun so I don't think I had as bad a shortage of vitamin D as I did in vitamin B, C and E.

Years of a shitty diet and ignoring my health led to a variety of issues. Now that these issues are resolved I'm tapering off of supplements in general. Mainly I've been trying to listen to my body and just giving it whatever it wants, well... Besides sugar.

As of late I've been weaning myself off of large regular doses of magnesium.
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 2:31:16 AM EDT
[#43]
How Much Vitamin D Do I Need? SURPRISING
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 2:32:25 AM EDT
[#44]
10-20K IU every few days
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 2:35:48 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thank you. I suffered from clusters regularly up until about 10 years ago and occasionally one pops up. I wish I had known that information then.

ETA: For everyone else, be careless: too much vitamin D can f up your world.
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 2:48:27 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Makes sense, actually.

When it's blazing sun outside there ... everyone is trying to get *out* of the sun. Same reason why cold and flu season in florida is summer months.
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 3:01:42 AM EDT
[#47]
5000IUs of D3
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 3:13:35 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I had those for years. Major suckage. Doc did put me on Vitamin D and Verapamil. And Relpax (generic available now) to stop one in process.
Curiously, had gone about four years without one until I got my second Covid vax. Started again but stopped after about a month or two. Sure made me wonder and pretty much decided boosters were not happening
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ive just started a verapamil script and am hoping for the best. Oxygen has been a godsend for stopping most of them.

One reason I keep Facebook around is the support groups for people like us. Starting a cycle after getting the covid vax seems like a pretty common occurrence.
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 3:23:52 AM EDT
[#49]
5000 IU keeps my D-25OH blood levels in the normal range (for me, from 23 ng/mL-to-50 ng/mL).
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 3:29:37 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Thank you. I suffered from clusters regularly up until about 10 years ago and occasionally one pops up. I wish I had known that information then.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It really wasn't well known until about 10 years ago. A fighter pilot named batch had them and stumbled upon it after getting a bad sunburn and his clusters went away. He put two and two together and figured it out.

And while yes, it can f your world up, it is actually difficult to take too much. I did a lot of research try to figure out just how far I could push it. I wouldn't recommend my current dosage to anyone but I don't think most people are taking enough. Unless you are out in the sun all the time I have no problem recommending 10k a day.

My favorite story is about post war east Germany and there problem with rickets. They solved it by injecting toddlers with 250k of the d with no reported side effects.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top