Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 6:36:08 PM EDT
[#1]
My buddy did it in H.S, one summer, spent the summer tripping on acid and collected a sweet STD.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 6:39:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My buddy did it in H.S, one summer, spent the summer tripping on acid and collected a sweet STD.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 6:47:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Guessing somewhere between beer money and 10 an hour
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 6:50:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Depends... can you speak fluid Carni?

Seriously.
View Quote

"Fluid Carni"?  Do you mean "fluent carni?"
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 7:04:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Never a carni myself, but operated rides as a teenager when it came to our small town for a few days. $50 for, oh, 3-4 days. I got $75 once because one of the ride operators walked away for some reason (probably to get drunk or something), and the bossman told me to operate that one as well as the ride I was originally assigned to. Walked back and forth between the rides to collect tickets, make sure everyone was seated, and start the ride (they were automated, mostly). I don't know what would have happened if there was an emergency. We also had to help with teardown on the last day. Pocket money back then in the early 80's.
Things were a lot "looser" then for sure. A ride blow a fuse? stick a penny in the fuse box and put the fuse back in (several rides plugged into a central power box).
Now, everything, that the public sees anyway, is a lot cleaner, ID cards on neck cords for the employees, and AFAIK, they don't hire locals anymore.

We had a female classmate, definitely not good looking, who supposedly joined the carnival after graduation. Nobody has heard from her since.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 7:12:10 PM EDT
[#6]
If you have small hands and smell like cabbage you to can have a carnie career
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top