Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 12:00:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the Dewalt.  Was invested in the battery system, so it was not all that expensive tool only.  Works fine for me.  I think it leaks chain oil, but other than that it is great for a quick branch here and there.  Have also used it a bit more for clearing a fence line, worked fine for that too.

The one I have uses their flex volt batteries - so not sure if it is working at 60v or 20v.

For what its worth, also enjoy the leaf blower - I don’t blow leaves with it, but it is great to get dust off stuff in the shop when I am doing woodwork.
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 12:14:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'm thinking about getting one for the deer lease. It will be used mostly for cutting back trees to keep trails open and cutting up fallen trees.

Do they work well enough for this kind of work?

I am thinking about getting this one
View Quote
Exceptionally well.
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 1:03:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
From my understanding of modern cordless equipment, they're pretty good for most stuff except:

Leaf blowers
Lawn mowers
Snow blowers

You should be fine with a cordless chainsaw unless you're using it a lot.
View Quote
I love my EGO leaf blower.  I wouldn't do an entire large yard with it, but it's great for blowing off the carport, driveway, and sidewalks, for blowing off the mower after a day of cutting, and for blowing out my gutters.
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 1:10:47 AM EDT
[#4]
I've cut down a couple of 100' pine trees with a Black and Decker 40v 12"

One charge will cut down the tree but you won't cut it up without recharging or a spare battery .

https://www.homedepot.com/p/BLACK-DECKER-12-in-40-Volt-MAX-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-Chainsaw-with-2-0-Ah-Battery-and-Charger-Included-LCS1240/205646125
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 1:46:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 1:50:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Heck I picked up a cheap Kobalt cordless chainsaw from Home Depot a few years back for shits and giggles... stupid thing runs all day doing hinge cuts and cleaning up shooting lanes around the blinds. Never tried cutting anything more than 4" thick with it, but haven't really needed to since we did the initial clearing with real saws.
For something light to strap onto the quad and run around trimming, can't beat it.
Zero complaints whatsoever...
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 1:59:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 12:37:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top