Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 11:09:45 AM EDT
[#1]
If I were negotiating, I'd let them do it, but only if they wipe DC, China, NYC, San Francisco, and anyone who thinks Taurus is a good weapon off the map.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 11:09:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Maybe they will be spider like, like the ancient aliens on Babylon 5?   If that’s the case they will eat you after sex, leaving you a hollowed out husk wrapped up in a web.
View Quote

Pretty sure more than one person here used to be married to someone like that.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 11:12:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Stupid aliens, they move in, think everything is peachy. The State of New York sends them a tax statement.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 11:13:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

What do you have against fox people?
View Quote

Yiffing is verboten.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 11:15:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Probably be where they send all their criminals, possibly as a forced mining operation.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 11:20:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Probably be where they send all their criminals, possibly as a forced mining operation.
View Quote

Alien Australia, intriguing. Now this sounds interesting.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 11:26:24 AM EDT
[#7]
The Sol system belongs to us.

A peaceful colonization would be a lease, they can pay in the tech that got them here.

Not that we could stop them, but really I doubt there's any shortage of anything for spacefaring civilizations so conflict isn't inevitable.

I tend to think FTL probably isn't possible though so I'm not too worried about it. Just makes Sol resources more important to humanity though.

I've seen the recent UFO vids. I don't think they're objects, I think they're some kind of artifact or interference from the camera. Others look like balloons.

If they really are ETs they're probably just waiting for us to go extinct of our own stupidity, way less paperwork than genocide.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 11:29:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The Sol system belongs to us.

A peaceful colonization would be a lease, they can pay in the tech that got them here.

Not that we could stop them, but really I doubt there's any shortage of anything for spacefaring civilizations so conflict isn't inevitable.

I tend to think FTL probably isn't possible though so I'm not too worried about it. Just makes Sol resources more important to humanity though.

I've seen the recent UFO vids. I don't think they're objects, I think they're some kind of artifact or interference from the camera. Others look like balloons.

If they really are ETs they're probably just waiting for us to go extinct of our own stupidity, way less paperwork than genocide.
View Quote

The Vogon constructor fleet is just here to build the hyperspace bypass.  We probably just didn't see the notice our planet was getting demolished.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 11:48:37 AM EDT
[#9]
I'd be ok with it only if they took the Dumbocrats and all of Chyna to Uranus for their colonization efforts. If not, they get the nukes.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 2:09:24 PM EDT
[#10]
I read a book where there was an alien colony on Mars.  When they saw we were starting to explore space, and use nuclear weapons, they decided to haul ass out of there.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 2:17:39 PM EDT
[#11]
They could have any planet in the solar system except this one. All of the rest of them are useless to us anyway. Despite what Elon may think, colonizing Mars is not only going to be extremely, unimaginably difficult, but it's nearly pointless. Establishing a Mars colony would be an ego boosting process, but nothing more, and it'll never be self-sustaining.

There are a few moons in the solar system that may be of interest to us in the future, but the planets are all useless to us.

If we're looking to establish permanent, off-world colonies, then we should be looking at some sort of O'Neill cylinder-type habitats, or maybe some of the larger asteroids in the belt. It would actually be much easier to establish self-sustaining colonies in space itself than on a planet like Mars, or even Venus. At least you don't have to fight gravity and the weather to take off and land that way.

If the aliens think that they can do something useful with Mars, they can have it, because we can't.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 2:21:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
How much does a flying saucer ride cost?
View Quote

An arm and a leg… plus some KC Masterpiece for them.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 2:22:22 PM EDT
[#13]
If a species has advanced that far, it's unlikely they are entirely peaceful...else they would have been removed long ago by less peaceful species.

We are the most advanced species we know of, and we are *far* from peaceful.  Not Reavers level, but close.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 2:26:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Not taking Earth
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Depends,..... What kinda compensation they providing us?

Not taking Earth

not likely we would have much leverage in the negotiation but hopefully we would get something out of the deal

of course that's assuming they even have some kind of concept of trade
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 2:34:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Do their women want snu snu. And are they fat and disgusting. Andera to these questions will influence my opinions.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 2:35:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Are the dems going to register them to vote and send handouts or covid checks???
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top