Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 9:22:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Call for air support.  Get a JDAM dropped on the lair.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 5:46:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Call for air support.  Get a JDAM dropped on the lair.
View Quote
What number do I dial for that service?
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 10:52:58 AM EDT
[#3]
@JoseCuervo Are you still alive? Status report of offending reptiles please....
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 1:54:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Still here, but i haven’t been back to his property. He doesn’t seem too anxious to handle it, see the text exchange on the previous page.

I will update as needed hopefully one day soon.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 2:24:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 7:11:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Hand pumps with diesel? Worked for Indiana Jones (poorly, though).
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 9:21:19 PM EDT
[#7]
You would think just leaving them alone would be an option.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 9:25:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
First thought is buy a case of foam cups and a couple gallons of gas. Break up cups into pieces and slowly mic in until the viscosity of thin molasses. Pour into hole and light.

Then I saw you were in CA.
View Quote
Soap dissolved (crystalline form) is betterer.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 9:28:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 9:39:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Move
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 9:45:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 10:01:21 PM EDT
[#12]
In for exploding hole of snakes.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 10:09:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Or leave them alone and train your dogs to avoid snakes.
View Quote
City slicker?
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 10:12:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Don't want to read 5 pages to see if it's been said, but my beagle was bit on the nose by a rattlesnake when camping. The vet asked if he had a anti-venom shot before because a 2nd shot will kill him. He said at any time in their life, a 2nd shot could kill them in seconds.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 10:15:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Call in some hippies and tell them nature wants a hug
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 10:19:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Did anyone say napalm yet?  'Cause the answer is napalm, Lots of napalm.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 10:21:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
City slicker?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Or leave them alone and train your dogs to avoid snakes.
City slicker?
Because he makes sense, he's from the city? lol
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 10:23:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'd pour gas down the hole if they're a problem, then stand by with a shovel.  That will probably get you a felony in CA, though.
View Quote
This works, back in my younger days we would see one go down a gopher hole, we would take a short peace of garden hose shove it down the hole and pour about a cup of gas down it then stand back and wait. It does not take long, I don't think they like the fumes.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 10:31:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Mongoose cannon.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 10:37:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
molten aluminum.
View Quote
This

Only if you have a big enough crucible to fill the den. No flammable liquid will beat molten metal for killing murder worms.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 10:40:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Because he makes sense, he's from the city? lol
View Quote
Sounds like something someone from the city would say. I mean sure...out in the desert or in the woods when you come across a snake you avoid it. But in your back yard, you kill them. Killed nearly a dozen young and juvenile rattlesnakes a few years back before I found the den in a culvert behind my house. Some on the driveway, two on the welcome mat, one in the garage...etc.  You don’t leave problems like that in your back yard. Anyone who has lived in rural America understands that.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 10:41:05 PM EDT
[#22]
I would probably look into explosives and flamethrowers.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 10:43:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
pump in gasoline, light a fuse

Tannerite

Cardboard cutout of Hillary. They'll stay inside and eventually starve to death.
View Quote
Actually I think they'd probably try to mate with the cardboard cut-out of Hillary, being the pit viper she is.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 10:48:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Nuke from orbit.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 10:48:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Sounds like something someone from the city would say. I mean sure...out in the desert or in the woods when you come across a snake you avoid it. But in your back yard, you kill them. Killed nearly a dozen young and juvenile rattlesnakes a few years back before I found the den in a culvert behind my house. Some on the driveway, two on the welcome mat, one in the garage...etc.  You don’t leave problems like that in your back yard. Anyone who has lived in rural America understands that.
View Quote
I like em to much to kill them. I've been relocating them for decades.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 10:49:55 PM EDT
[#26]
In before PETA losers saying you'll grow up to be a serial killer?
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 10:53:22 PM EDT
[#27]
That’s your prerogative. Most people don’t have the knowledge, tools, or desire to handle live venomous snakes. I personally just enjoy tossing them on the grill. Either way...training your dog isn’t going to stop you from riding the lightning when you aren’t paying attention for a second and get bit. I’ve found that about 1/2 the rattlesnakes I come across don’t even rattle. No bueno to have a known risk right there in the back yard.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 11:01:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
That’s your prerogative. Most people don’t have the knowledge, tools, or desire to handle live venomous snakes. I personally just enjoy tossing them on the grill. Either way...training your dog isn’t going to stop you from riding the lightning when you aren’t paying attention for a second and get bit. I’ve found that about 1/2 the rattlesnakes I come across don’t even rattle. No bueno to have a known risk right there in the back yard.
View Quote
At least you eat them, they don't go to waste.
The ones that aren't rattling may be sleeping, or simply do not feel threatened enough to become defensive and start rattling just yet.
I must've gotten lucky with every dog I've owned. Not one of them will go anywhere near a rattlesnake. They want nothing to do with them.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 11:07:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
If you don't know the size of the air space in the den, don't use gasoline if you're going to light it.

One cup of gasoline evaporated into a cubic foot of air is equal to about four sticks of dynamite.
View Quote
LOL

Air saturated in gasoline isn't even explosive.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 11:08:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Say it with me: “Ther-Mo-Bar-Ic.”
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 11:19:53 PM EDT
[#31]
I killed one yesterday with my favorite snake handling tool, a shovel.  Hate the damn things.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 11:24:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Molotov cocktails
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 1:13:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

City slicker?
View Quote
Exactly the other way around.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 4:59:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Ill echo what others have said.  If you have a suspected " den " then gasoline fumes will push them out into the open quickly.

Depending if you're rural have your snake shot ready. If not then a hoe and shovel works to dispatch safely.

Years ago on my grandmother's place we eradicated a "den" we found in about twenty minutes  killed 18 of them. Using gasoline fumes and Snake shot.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top