Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/4/2013 10:50:09 PM EDT
[#1]
OK I should have said revolver. I have handled a couple of Patterson's and seen a few Belgian revolvers with folding triggers.

I just never got that they used them on anything this size.
Link Posted: 5/4/2013 11:45:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

eta I just looked it up.  Dang, they must have had really big pockets back in the day!

2 lb 12 oz (1.2 kg levered model)
13.75 in (34.9 cm) (Texas Model)

They did.

From your source:

The available power is comparable to a modern .380 pistol cartridge. The .375–.380-inch round ball weighs a near-identical 83 grains (5.4 g) and the velocity is also essentially the same.
Link Posted: 5/5/2013 1:17:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I has a french/belgian one from the 1850's with gold inlaid lettering and rifled barrels..... the right barrel is still loaded.... other than that it  has a crack to the wood in the pistol grip area that would preclude further shooting. so I havent unloaded or shot it since getting it from my father over 20 years ago.....btw its georgeous

You should borrow one of those pneumatic unloaders they sell that use CO2 cartridges to blast out a loaded muzzle loader without firing it.
Link Posted: 5/5/2013 1:57:12 AM EDT
[#4]
WANT!!!

Is there a cheaper version of these types of pistol? Looks like a lot of fun.
Link Posted: 5/5/2013 7:11:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
WANT!!!

If you want cheaper, MVTC has their own Howdah pistol, and they also have a double flintlock pistol. But their stuff is made in India, so I don't know about the quality.

http://www.middlesexvillagetrading.com/DoublePistols.shtml

Link Posted: 5/5/2013 10:59:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
WANT!!!

If you want cheaper, MVTC has their own Howdah pistol, and they also have a double flintlock pistol. But their stuff is made in India, so I don't know about the quality.

http://www.middlesexvillagetrading.com/DoublePistols.shtml

Those Indian guns can be hit or miss.  I think that MVT is one of the better shops.  There are other places.

I really want a howdah

Link Posted: 5/5/2013 2:28:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I really want a howdah

"I am the devil."

Link Posted: 5/5/2013 7:02:11 PM EDT
[#8]

I've often thought about picking up one of the Pedersoli howdahs just for the cool factor. I've always wanted some kind of double barreled pistol like that and that's the closest you're going to get without going NFA.

Granted, I don't know what load this guy is using, but it doesn't seem that bad to shoot in this vid.

Link Posted: 5/5/2013 7:27:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Granted, I don't know what load this guy is using, but it doesn't seem that bad to shoot in this vid.

It's a heavy gun, it soaks up a lot of recoil. Although real heavy loads still make you think twice.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top