Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 8:22:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I've had Hulu Live for a few months. I like it but fuck paying $10 more.

I'll go back to cable. Already have Spectrum internet I can add cable and get both for $44.95 each a month.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 8:45:39 PM EDT
[#2]
What’s a good replacement for Hulu Live?
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 8:47:26 PM EDT
[#3]
YouTube tv or spectrum for a year
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 8:49:35 PM EDT
[#4]
FNFL
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 8:50:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That is insane. Wonder if Google/YouTube will raise their prices too.
View Quote
of coarse they will
my cable bill didn't start out at $158 month

my first cable bill in 1988 was less than $20 month
but I think I get more for my money now?
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 8:53:55 PM EDT
[#6]
with firestick I get everything I'd watch but sports is the issue.  what service or app should I use to get sports
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 9:19:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Anybody that signed up for that crap? Who do you think pays for the 50 million a year NFL player? Suckers. I haven't payed for tv like EVER. No wonder people are broke. Talked to some worker at HomoDepot that's paying $150+ a month for TV he hardly watches. Why?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Weird, these companies bait suckers in telling them it’s cheaper than cable but then increase fees?

Who could have seen that coming?
Anybody that signed up for that crap? Who do you think pays for the 50 million a year NFL player? Suckers. I haven't payed for tv like EVER. No wonder people are broke. Talked to some worker at HomoDepot that's paying $150+ a month for TV he hardly watches. Why?
So he can add another ding to his credit score?
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 9:30:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm confused, I pay like $5-10 a month for Spotify and Hulu and can watch tons of things, but have some commercials, which is whatever.  But why would I pay $30-40 more money to have 55 garbage channels of things I don't want to watch(also with commercials)?  Why would I pay for that?  As far as I'm concerned, Live TV is garbage and dead.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 9:33:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm confused, I pay like $5-10 a month for Spotify and Hulu and can watch tons of things, but have some commercials, which is whatever.  But why would I pay $30-40 more money to have 55 garbage channels of things I don't want to watch(also with commercials)?  Why would I pay for that?  As far as I'm concerned, Live TV is garbage and dead.
View Quote
People don’t think live sports be like they be

But they do
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 10:00:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have YouTubetv $49.99 a month, has all you channels you would want
View Quote
^This for us right now, as well. Quite a bit of on demand content, too. I find it a lot better than Netflix, and some of the other stuff. I don't mind paying for it as long as I use it. The DVR is a nice feature, even though they only hold it for 9 months.
We are looking to get a new internet provider in the area. They offer cable, phone and internet, so we will have to see the pricing. Inlaws use our YoutubeTV account though, so we probably are stuck. At 1/3 the price Dish wanted and 1/5 the price for Direct, for much the same channels, at least the ones we watch, it is still a bargain.
There is also a pretty inclusive broadcast type site for streaming devices. You need an internet browser (no problem, they are included in most devices or just pick one off the web) and pull up the site. It is just like a broadcast, commercials and all, it is just over the web instead of the air.

I'm a cheap bastard, but some of you make me look like a novice.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 10:03:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Lol anyone who pays for TV.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 10:13:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Because PS Vue is going away?
View Quote
Came to say this.  PS Vue was a superior product but was priced too low to be sustainable. Note that it's on the way out the former competition can raise prices without the worry of people leaving for a better service.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 10:13:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Who the fuck subscribes to Hulu?

Only people that can't live without their cable ... dump it. There is enough without funding the MSM.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 10:26:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Weird, these companies bait suckers in telling them it’s cheaper than cable but then increase fees?

He's so effed already. He lives in IL and his real estate taxes will be doubling in the next 5 years. Mt a clerk in WalFart electronics that told me he got a $1200 cell phone so he could build his credit score. They walk amongst us, sad.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 10:38:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
With those increases in prices, I bet more Pirates will come into the Bay.

For live sports, can you get by with a good digital antenna for broadcast channels?  Otherwise, maybe patronize your local friendly watering hole?
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 11:10:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
He's so effed already. He lives in IL and his real estate taxes will be doubling in the next 5 years. Mt a clerk in WalFart electronics that told me he got a $1200 cell phone so he could build his credit score. They walk amongst us, sad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What..... the....... fuck (are we gonna do)
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 11:20:36 PM EDT
[#17]
MOBDRO
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 11:32:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Probably going to dump HULU..Dumped Netflix already.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 11:35:28 PM EDT
[#19]
I pay for Netflix,  Prime, and cheap Hulu to stream on my Cox Cable internet.  If i want to watch any football or sports, it better be on CBS, NBC, ABC, or Fox that i get on my free over the air antenna.  I haven't paid for cable channels in 15 years.  I've got too much shit going on and can watch a couple hours of late primetime a day.  I'm not paying for a ton I don't watch.

My buddy was bitching about his comcast triple play going up to $260/month..  His contract was up so he called them.  They suckered him and didn't lower his bill, and said the next day they were coming to upgrade his box for the same monthly cost.  It's he and his wife in the house.  He has 5 tv boxes. And a phone line he doesnt use.  $10/box per month. I told him keep the DVR and 1 small box and just move the small one around wherever he wants to watch it.  He said I am now locked into another year long contract.   His excuse is he needs to watch his footbal.  I said he's a dumbass and deserves it.
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 12:12:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Happens almost every year, I was just notified by ATTnow that my subscription was increased to $35......that's what I pay now.
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 12:16:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 12:21:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 11:08:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
What’s a good replacement for Hulu Live?
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 11:14:02 AM EDT
[#24]
rabbit ears + disney, hulu(ads), netflix and prime is less than $40 and more TV than I'll ever be able to watch
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 11:57:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

This.

When you guys cut the cable chord, all you did was replace it with Cable 2.0
View Quote
Exactly this.
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 1:34:31 PM EDT
[#26]
I just cancelled my subscription because of this. It's definitely not worth $55 a month. I recently found the Spectrum streaming subscription for $25 a month so I'm using their app on my TV's.
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 2:40:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 12:25:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Exactly this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

When you guys cut the cable chord, all you did was replace it with Cable 2.0
Exactly this.
Yes but people are "cutting the cord" due to costs.  People paying $100-200/mo for TV.  This allows people to cut their bill in half.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top