Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/14/2015 2:46:30 PM EDT
Why is it OK for some but not for others?

Living in this fucked up piece of shit state I need to get permission to buy long guns and then I need even more fucking permission to buy handguns. I have to pay for a background check when I go to pickup my firearms but I also need to pay for a background check when I fill out my paperwork asking for permission to buy guns.

So, I use the same two references on my paperwork every time. One is my friend, we're in constant competition with who is buying a new gun. The other is my sister's husband, he owns several guns. Mostly Fudd shit but he's a gun owner. Every time I use either of them I give them a heads up to be expecting paperwork from the state/town and to fill it out and send it back ASAP. My one buddy whom I'm in constant competition over who is buying what gun is cool about it. My BIL is constantly bitching, 'Another one?', 'Why do you need this?', 'What are you planning on doing, go to war?', 'You don't hunt, you don't need anything like this.'

He owns guns, why the fuck is it OK for him to buy guns and I can't? Why do I constantly get the third degree from him? Does anyone else experience this bullshit? I usually respond to my BIL with a, "I don't. Why do you need your guns? Fuck you and fill the fucking paperwork out."
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 2:50:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Jesus Christ man, that's some nanny state horse shit.  

You're welcome to come to GA, even if you aren't a hunter.

PS.  Please don't tell any of my fellow hillbillies I invited a yankee here. haha
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 2:51:33 PM EDT
[#2]
No, i don't deal with that. I just walk into the store and buy stuff. No wait or check required.

Glad i live in a free state.

Link Posted: 9/14/2015 2:52:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

PS.  Please don't tell any of my fellow hillbillies I invited a yankee here. haha
View Quote

Thanks!!! My wife and I are planning our escape but we're a few years away from moving.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 2:52:38 PM EDT
[#4]
One of the guys that ran a lot of the youth shooting programs as well as 4h wouldn't accept a handgun he won at friends of the NRA because handguns are only made for killing people.

The gun in question?? Ruger Mark II

The gun community is just a slice of the world. It's got all types.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 2:53:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
One of the guys that ran a lot of the youth shooting programs as well as 4h wouldn't accept a handgun he won at friends of the NRA because handguns are only made for killing people.

The gun in question?? Ruger Mark II

The gun community is just a slice of the world. It's got all types.
View Quote

I would've taken it in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 2:54:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Find a new reference.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 2:54:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Thanks!!! My wife and I are planning our escape but we're a few years away from moving.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You'd love the N GA mountains.  They are gorgeous, rival to any other mountain range in he world, IMO.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 2:55:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You'd love the N GA mountains.  They are gorgeous, rival to any other mountain range in he world, IMO.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We were looking at SC but now we'll be looking at Georgia.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 2:55:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Man fuck NJ

Didn't realize it was that bad.

Nuke that place from orbit for sure
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 2:55:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Everything about that is ridiculous.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 2:56:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

SC aint cool man, they don't have recipricocity(spelling) with us...bastards
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 2:56:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Man fuck NJ

View Quote

I agree. Fuck NJ.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 2:57:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Hell, I'll be your reference, OP.

Does it have to be a NJ resident?

And do they accept black and white facsimiles of my asshole as photo ID?
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 2:59:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Everyone makes fun of my state, but i fucking love it.

Link Posted: 9/14/2015 2:59:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Georgia is good stuff. We just welcomed a couple other folks from up your way (runcible and extorris).
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 3:00:09 PM EDT
[#16]
I'd have to try and find a second person other than my BIL to do that paperwork if I could. That sucks you have to go to all that trouble to buy a gun.
I bought a Glock 43 the other day and from the time I went in to the time I walked out with it couldn't have been over 20 minutes and a good part of that is because I am not too fast filling out the paper work for the FBI check.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 3:01:08 PM EDT
[#17]
I buy what I want and as many as I want and don't have to even do the Nics check.
I just fill out the 4473 form and pay for the firearm and leave the store.
And sometimes I even do a face to face buy without the annoying paper work.
All very legal here.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 3:01:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I agree. Fuck NJ.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Man fuck NJ

I agree. Fuck NJ.

Dude I hate to be that guy,

But why stay there and have to put up with that bullshit and also the jersey shore fuckery.

The pussy there better make up for this cluster of a fuck
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 3:06:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Even I can just walk into a store, blindfolded fill out the 4473, and walk out with a long gun.  Handguns take me a little longer, like a half hour, to run down to the county clerk to add it to my permit.

Rest of the laws 'round here are just for show, they're pretty much ignored by county/local LEO.  No idea about NYSP, though, haven't run into them yet.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 3:07:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

But why stay there and have to put up with that bullshit and also the jersey shore fuckery.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Man fuck NJ

I agree. Fuck NJ.

Because I made some very bad financial choices over the years and couldn't leave my credit was too bad to get out. I've since been working extremely hard to repair my credit so I can get out of this shit hole but figure I've got another few years before I will be able to get a loan to buy a home/property. This state is like a fucking prison.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 3:08:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Even I can just walk into a store, blindfolded fill out the 4473, and walk out with a long gun.  Handguns take me a little longer, like a half hour, to run down to the county clerk to add it to my permit.

Rest of the laws 'round here are just for show, they're pretty much ignored by county/local LEO.  No idea about NYSP, though, haven't run into them yet.
View Quote

I have to fill out the 4473 and then stand in the store while I wait for the NICs check to come back. Longest I waited was twenty minutes. Usually it takes a few minutes. I've never been arrested or done anything illegal in my life but I'm criminalized just the same.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 3:09:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Because I made some very bad financial choices over the years and couldn't leave my credit was too bad to get out. I've since been working extremely hard to repair my credit so I can get out of this shit hole but figure I've got another few years before I will be able to get a loan to buy a home/property. This state is like a fucking prison.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Man fuck NJ

I agree. Fuck NJ.

Jesus dude that blows.

Fuck buying guns man, get your shit right and gtfo IMHO, unless something you cannot leave is worth putting up with that fuckery
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 3:10:20 PM EDT
[#23]
I can imagine how wonderful it will feel to escape that nanny state shit and move to a freer state.  Would be awesome I bet.  Like a kid in a candy shop.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 3:11:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Living in this fucked up piece of shit state I need to get permission to buy long guns and then I need even more fucking permission to buy handguns. I have to pay for a background check when I go to pickup my firearms but I also need to pay for a background check when I fill out my paperwork asking for permission to buy guns.

So, I use the same two references on my paperwork every time. One is my friend, we're in constant competition with who is buying a new gun. The other is my sister's husband, he owns several guns. Mostly Fudd shit but he's a gun owner. Every time I use either of them I give them a heads up to be expecting paperwork from the state/town and to fill it out and send it back ASAP. My one buddy whom I'm in constant competition over who is buying what gun is cool about it. My BIL is constantly bitching, 'Another one?', 'Why do you need this?', 'What are you planning on doing, go to war?', 'You don't hunt, you don't need anything like this.'

He owns guns, why the fuck is it OK for him to buy guns and I can't? Why do I constantly get the third degree from him? Does anyone else experience this bullshit? I usually respond to my BIL with a, "I don't. Why do you need your guns? Fuck you and fill the fucking paperwork out."
View Quote

Tell him he talks like 'a Wife' and that if he need a man to nag it is not you. There's all kinds of men he can marry now in most states.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 3:12:33 PM EDT
[#25]

MOVE to a free state.

I never understood why anybody would want to live in New Jersey.

Link Posted: 9/14/2015 3:13:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I can imagine how wonderful it will feel to escape that nanny state shit and move to a freer state.  Would be awesome I bet.  Like a kid in a candy shop.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

We went to SC this past August and as we passed the "Last Exit in New Jersey" sign my wife and I both gave it the finger. We knew we were coming back but it felt good just the same. We'll be doing the same when it's permanent.

Quoted:
Quoted:

Tell him he talks like 'a Wife' and that if he need a man to nag it is not you. There's all kinds of men he can marry now in most states.

LOL I'll have to tell him next time I talk to him.

Quoted:
MOVE to a free state.

I never understood why anybody would want to live in New Jersey.

We don't want to live here. It's a prison. Hell, I left for four years and was living in Colorado and left just before it went full retard.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 3:15:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

We went to SC this past August and as we passed the "Last Exit in New Jersey" sign my wife and I both gave it the finger. We knew we were coming back but it felt good just the same. We'll be doing the same when it's permanent.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I grew up next to SC, got some fond memories of the place.  No idea what it's like nowadays though.

ETA:  Grew up across the river from Anderson, SC.  Ya familiar with it?
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 3:16:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Sympathies sent. In the same boat, here for family.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 3:18:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 3:18:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I grew up next to SC, got some fond memories of the place.  No idea what it's like nowadays though.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, only places I've been to are Murrels Inlet (very nice place), Myrtle Beach (nice but touristy) and North Myrtle Beach (kind of slummy but toursity). Overall though, we like SC although it's getting retarded now what with the BLM shit.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 3:20:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

No, only places I've been to are Murrels Inlet (very nice place), Myrtle Beach (nice but touristy) and North Myrtle Beach (kind of slummy but toursity). Overall though, we like SC although it's getting retarded now what with the BLM shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Been to all those many times growing up.  Real popular vacation spot for Georgians.

First thought I had when hearing SC was "FSA".  Last time I was there(probably 6 years ago) there was much FSA shit going on.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 3:20:45 PM EDT
[#32]
People can't stand the feeling of being one-upped.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 3:21:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I'm from N GA and those mountains pale in comparison to pretty much anything else. They aren't that great. I take it you've never been to Utah, Colorado or NW New Mexico. I won't mention the rest of the world. lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm from N GA and those mountains pale in comparison to pretty much anything else. They aren't that great. I take it you've never been to Utah, Colorado or NW New Mexico. I won't mention the rest of the world. lol

I've been all over.  My favorite here.  I have a thing for green.

I will admit I'm bias.  GA feels like home to me.

Besides, it's not the mountains per se, it's the total environment.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 3:21:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lived in Colorado for four years before it went full retard on guns. I've been to Zion National Park in Utah; Utah is a cool place and have never been to NW New Mexico. I have been to Arizona and Nevada and California - but fuck that place. Arizona and Nevada were cool.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 3:22:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Find a new BIL or find another reference.

I'm voting for finding a new BIL but since that is hard just find another person who doesn't bitch.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 3:24:27 PM EDT
[#36]
I must have missed the part about hunting and need being relevant in a (supposedly) free society.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 3:26:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I must have missed the part about hunting and need being relevant in a (supposedly) free society.
View Quote

Yeah, he pulls this shit every time I buy a handgun. When I showed him my ARs he responded with, "Only the cops and military need those". I was just like, "You're an idiot."
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 3:26:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Man fuck NJ

View Quote

its been this way since 1966...they had to get the jump on GCA  that said it honestly wasnt THAT bad until Corzine was governor, then shit started tightening down a lot, and wait times went from days to months
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 3:27:50 PM EDT
[#39]
IL is fucked up, but I don't have to have a set of references to buy a gun, yeah we have to wait, worse we have to get a State ID just for owning and buying guns and ammo, but sure as hell don't have to rely on someone to fill out a form like I am getting a job.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 3:27:54 PM EDT
[#40]
You are really very close to Pa. and Virginia.
Why not relocate??
Hell I thought everyone in those postage stamp sized states commutted anyway.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 3:32:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Why not relocate??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Why not relocate??

My wife doesn't want to go to PA. I don't blame her; we're to the point where we no longer want to deal with snow. We want to go someplace warmer and with less snow.

Quoted:
IL is fucked up, but I don't have to have a set of references to buy a gun, yeah we have to wait, worse we have to get a State ID just for owning and buying guns and ammo, but sure as hell don't have to rely on someone to fill out a form like I am getting a job.

Oh we have to ask permission for handguns. We can get as many permits as we want. They are good for 90 days. Then they expire. BUT, we can only buy one per month for some retarded reason. So, for instance, I'm getting two permits this go. One is for the Colt Police Positive Special I just bought and the other will be for a Ruger .45ACP/.45 LOC 5032 revolver if my LGS ever gets one in stock. But I can only use ONE permit every 30 days. So, by the time I get around to using the second permit it will already be 60 days old.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 3:33:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Wow. Sounds like a good time to move. I need no references to buy a gun.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 3:36:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I have to fill out the 4473 and then stand in the store while I wait for the NICs check to come back. Longest I waited was twenty minutes. Usually it takes a few minutes. I've never been arrested or done anything illegal in my life but I'm criminalized just the same.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's SOLELY Because the Soprano State makes you pay the $15 for the "Service" of using the EXACT SAME free-of-cost NICS system the rest of the country uses directly
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 3:37:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
My BIL is constantly bitching, 'Another one?', 'Why do you need this?', 'What are you planning on doing, go to war?', 'You don't hunt, you don't need anything like this.'

View Quote

Some states would gleefully pass a law stating detachable mag centerfire semiautos have "no sporting purpose", and they would gleefully pass it because a shitload of gun owners agree with that sentiment.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 3:39:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Some states would gleefully pass a law stating detachable mag centerfire semiautos have "no sporting purpose", and they would gleefully pass it because a shitload of gun owners agree with that sentiment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My BIL is constantly bitching, 'Another one?', 'Why do you need this?', 'What are you planning on doing, go to war?', 'You don't hunt, you don't need anything like this.'

When it comes to the NFA we have plenty just like that here on arfcom.  Who needs enemies with allies like these?
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 3:39:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

That's SOLELY Because the Soprano State makes you pay the $15 for the "Service" of using the EXACT SAME free-of-cost NICS system the rest of the country uses directly
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's $18. And I just had to pay $20 to do a NICS check on myself from my living room to send to the local PD; there was a $2 convenience fee tacked onto the $18 fee to do the NICS. Like any of this is fucking convenient. When I actually do get my permit and go to the LGS to pickup my gun that I've already paid for I have to pay another $18 for another NICS. Never mind the fact that it could be anywhere from two weeks to 30 plus days before I even seem my two permits.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 3:43:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Yeah, he pulls this shit every time I buy a handgun. When I showed him my ARs he responded with, "Only the cops and military need those". I was just like, "You're an idiot."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True...cops don't need them.

Instead of getting pissed, educate him on the simple difference between "need" and "want".  I'm sure he has a collection of something (cars, TVs, Jets beer mugs, etc) that he buys because he wants them.  So, just tell him "I don't bag on you because of your Jets mugs, and I would happily sign your reference stating what a diehard fan you are so you can buy more".  
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 3:45:13 PM EDT
[#48]
I complain about California because I hate it SO MUCH, so sometimes I forget there are even worse places for a gun owner to live. Two worse places, be be exact. NJ and NY.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 3:47:42 PM EDT
[#49]
OP, I sure you have but,,,,,have you ever tried to work with a liberal anti gun per at a sporting goods store?  Behind the gun counter? I recently did. She denied me, said I failed to answer one of the "Yes/No" questions.  I beleve she was tring to get me to make a scene. I walked away.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 3:53:27 PM EDT
[#50]
You have to have friends vouch for you?

Fuck that.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top