Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/9/2023 2:37:36 PM EDT
I Drove Around California For A Month. It Was A Disaster.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 2:40:17 PM EDT
[#1]
No cliffs notes?  No synopsis?

No care.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 2:41:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 2:43:47 PM EDT
[#3]
30 minute video with no notes, lead ins, or synopsis?

Ain't nobody got time for that!
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 2:44:54 PM EDT
[#4]
My son just got back from 4 days in Yosemite, and 3 days in San Francisco.  He Said he saw  no homeless encampments. Saw one bum. Did say everywhere reeked of weed.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 2:46:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My son just got back from 4 days in Yosemite, and 3 days in San Francisco.  He Said he saw  no homeless encampments. Saw one bum. Did say everywhere reeked of weed.
View Quote

its very hard to believe anyone could spend 3 days in SF and see only 1 homeless dude. unless one is staring at his phone the whole time.

Link Posted: 6/9/2023 2:46:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I didn't even go and it was a disaster
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 2:54:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Impossible not to see a homeless person/tent if you're walking, driving, or on muni/BART in SF, unless as the other poster said, he was glued to his phone while being shuttled to his hotel/eating locations.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 3:00:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hell, Washington DC reeks of week
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 3:02:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Unless San Fran has improved in the last 10 years that's nonsense.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 3:04:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Did he see a lot of campers enjoying the weekend?

I bet he saw a lot of campers enjoying the weekend.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 3:18:33 PM EDT
[#11]
If I saw shit like that anywhere near my house, I'd set fire to it.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 3:22:37 PM EDT
[#12]
3.2M views, so at least people can see what is happening out there. But, it's most likely people like us who already have a clue.

I skipped through it in about 10 minutes.
The showed Carmel... it was by the sea.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 3:25:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

He must not have been looking very hard at all.

https://courtlew.carto.com/builder/d3aa0b4c-c234-11e6-b0f2-0ecd1babdde5/embed
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 3:27:36 PM EDT
[#14]
So the skunk smell of weed IS NOT the smell of freedom?

Link Posted: 6/9/2023 3:29:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Unlike others here, i CAN believe this.

If your son did what most of us here do on vacation, he's not going to research the worst places in SF and then actively seek them out as if that's a worthy vacation activity.  I'm sure SF tries to keep the more trendy and touristy areas relatively clean. It doesn't make the place no longer a shit hole, it just means they're focusing on making sure optics to outsiders are skewed in the city's favor.

As to Yosemite... other than the recent flooding, i'm not sure what was expected? Fedgov ain't gonna allow no homeless encampment there, ever. I'd have waited until later in the year if it was me, as Tioga and Glacier Point are still closed.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 3:31:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

I’m assuming he flew in sfo, which is south. Then heading south to Yosemite.  Most of the action is just a little north from where he was.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 3:33:26 PM EDT
[#17]
https://youtu.be/ADetsy2LBds

Bet he saw a lot of street campers.

Link Posted: 6/9/2023 3:33:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

its very hard to believe anyone could spend 3 days in SF and see only 1 homeless dude. unless one is staring at his phone the whole time.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This does not at all match my experience in traveling to San Francisco in the past 25 years.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 3:35:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

No care.
View Quote

He drove around California for a month.

It was a disaster.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 3:36:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/dont_believe_you_anchorman_zps267e5cbb_GIF-108.gif

Impossible not to see a homeless person/tent if you're walking, driving, or on muni/BART in SF, unless as the other poster said, he was glued to his phone while being shuttled to his hotel/eating locations.
View Quote
No shit

I saw two homeless guys today in our little town.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 3:38:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It was a disaster.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No care.

It was a disaster.

Car trouble?
Government overreach?
Alien abduction?
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 3:49:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

They really cleaned that place up then- I lived in SF for 24 until I moved last July. Even the nice areas of the city have homeless encampments of 5-10 people sleeping outside and laying around during the day.

Even the financial district has bums all over the embarcadero. The FI district is as bad as the Tenderloin used to be 20 yrs ago. Maybe they were just waiting for me to move to fix it but seems unlikely.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 3:52:16 PM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 6/9/2023 3:52:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oh sure.   Sure.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 3:54:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fucking this
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 3:55:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

If your son did what most of us here do on vacation, he's not going to research the worst places in SF and then actively seek them out as if that's a worthy vacation activity.  I'm sure SF tries to keep the more trendy and touristy areas relatively clean. It doesn't make the place no longer a shit hole, it just means they're focusing on making sure optics to outsiders are skewed in the city's favor.

As to Yosemite... other than the recent flooding, i'm not sure what was expected? Fedgov ain't gonna allow no homeless encampment there, ever. I'd have waited until later in the year if it was me, as Tioga and Glacier Point are still closed.
View Quote

Unfortunately that is not the case. Even what used to be exclusive areas like Knob Hill the Marina district, Union Square look like a scene from the walking dead. If you watch the news the Nordstrom they are closing is in a high end mall at the far edge of the union Square area right across from one of the big tourist areas where they turn the cable cars around.

Link Posted: 6/9/2023 3:58:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Unfortunately that is not the case. Even what used to be exclusive areas like Knob Hill the Marina district, Union Square look like a scene from the walking dead. If you watch the news the Nordstrom they are closing is in a high end mall at the far edge of the union Square area right across from one of the big tourist areas where they turn the cable cars around.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess that's what i get for thinking liberals actually have at least a smidge of common sense when it comes to tourism. I stand corrected.

I guess when you just tax rich people more, you don't care about losses in tourism dollars. Oh wait.... those people are leaving too.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 4:14:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Coming glorious revolution into communism can fix all of this comrade.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 4:14:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Meh. Go looking for shit you’ll find it, especially in the metro areas. And California valley, that shits been for sale for decades like $1000 an acre apparently not many want to live there lol.
He skipped the best parts, on purpose of course.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 4:15:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Fedgov ain't gonna allow no homeless encampment there, ever.
View Quote

Well there is Camp 4.

Bunch of homeless climbers poaching spots for a few weeks.

Link Posted: 6/9/2023 4:18:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

For reference, he never taught his son situational awareness.
To drive from SF to Yosemite you pass at minimum at least 50 on ramp off ramp homeless encampments.
His son obviously has tunnel vision!
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 4:20:05 PM EDT
[#32]
All from the following:

South of the grapevine (SoCal)
Sacramento
Bay Area
Napa area

There is 3/4 of the state not shown in his video...
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 4:20:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Unless San Fran has improved in the last 10 years that's nonsense.
View Quote

I was there in the late 90's and there were plenty of bums even then. I don't believe this guy's tale for a second.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 4:21:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Seems like he didn’t wander into the Tenderloin at all. That shit is rough.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 4:22:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/dont_believe_you_anchorman_zps267e5cbb_GIF-108.gif

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For real.  Just about every park and greenbelt I saw had tents set up, even in the Mission district last time I was there.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 4:23:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Is your son blind?
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 4:24:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was in the financial district. It was a shit hole 10 years ago.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 4:25:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

You can’ barely the BART to the rental car center without seeing bums and homeless camps.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 4:25:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was in SF in 2007 and homeless were everywhere. I'm sure it's way worse now.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 4:30:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I guess that's what i get for thinking liberals actually have at least a smidge of common sense when it comes to tourism. I stand corrected.

I guess when you just tax rich people more, you don't care about losses in tourism dollars. Oh wait.... those people are leaving too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

California folks aren’t do gooder liberals they are full fledged Maoists.  Breaking the system and making things unbearable and unlivable is intentional.  Most of the people that leave / have left in the first few waves are their opposition from the right and the moderate middle.  The fact that things have gotten shittier for those left behind is irrelevant because they have consolidated their power which is what they are after, no matter how many Kulaks die.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 4:31:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Plot twist! His son is blind!
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 4:45:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Plot twist! His son is blind!
View Quote

He was blind the whole time.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 4:49:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

No care.
View Quote

I drove past the worst areas in California and was SHOCKED that I saw the worst areas in California.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 4:50:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Last time I was in SF was almost 20 years ago and.it was dirty, disgusting and full of bums.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 4:52:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just came back from San Francisco and it is shittier than Johannesburg, South Africa.  Entire parking lots of smashed car windows. Total fucking shithole. 0/10, would never recommend.

Last time I was there was 2001. The change was unreal.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 4:57:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
All from the following:

South of the grapevine (SoCal)
Sacramento
Bay Area
Napa area

There is 3/4 of the state not shown in his video...
View Quote

For a month around California he chose destinations poorly.  

There is no doubt it's fucked up here in the concentrated areas,  get out in the open country and it's beautiful.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 5:01:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Watched ,
Delusional liberals can continue to vote for destruction. It's shockingly how far the some cities have fallen
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 5:03:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 5:11:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bullshit.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 5:31:52 PM EDT
[#50]
I learned most of the homeless in California have recliners.

That's third world shit right there. It didn't just get that way, either.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top