Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/27/2017 12:27:39 AM EDT
Neighbor lady is a young, smoking hot, liberal, Inky tattoo artist, but otherwise a very pleasant and friendly girl. Her main problem is she loves animals to a fault. Four dogs in the backyard that bark 24/7 ( doesnt bother me). Two little yippy kick-dogs in the house plus a bird, a Ferrett and God only knows what else. She also leaves a big bowl of cat food out on the front porch for the feral cats. Now all these cats have been using my front yard as their toilet and it was really causing spotting problems. I asked her in the past that it's not a good idea to leave food out on the front porch because all it does is attract feral cats. She ignored that.

Final straw was when I came out one morning 2 weeks ago and there were three cats laying on the hood of my truck.  Quick trip to the pound to rent a trap and 10 days later I had caught and disposed of 16 cats. I love animals too so I didn't kill him, just relocated them to a field north of town.

She was leaving for work one day and commented that all of her cats were missing. I was honest and said I had been trapping the ferals and taking them out north of town Into the woods, not a single one had a collar or acted as if they were tame. I don't think she liked that too much cuz she hasn't spoken to me since.

FYI for all you would be trappers. Cats absolutely love ham.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 12:30:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Cats climb on vehicles because they have a lead deficiency.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 12:32:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
I hope my car has a lead deficiency!

At least no lead from bullets anyway.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 12:34:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Pics of said young tattoo cat lady?
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 12:34:57 AM EDT
[#4]
they will make their way back eventually or a yote will get them
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 12:37:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
they will make their way back eventually or a yote will get them
View Quote
Best thing about yotes is they keep the feral cat population down.  Too bad about the pets people let run loose, but hey, that's the circle of life.  
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 12:46:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Relocating stray cats just makes someone else deal with them.

We live on a farm and have reached our limit of "barn cats", as Im sure everyone else has. The rest are...
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 12:47:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Neighbor lady is a young, smoking hot, liberal, Inky tattoo artist, but otherwise a very pleasant and friendly girl. Her main problem is she loves animals to a fault. Four dogs in the backyard that bark 24/7 ( doesnt bother me). Two little yippy kick-dogs in the house plus a bird, a Ferrett and God only knows what else. She also leaves a big bowl of cat food out on the front porch for the feral cats. Now all these cats have been using my front yard as their toilet and it was really causing spotting problems. I asked her in the past that it's not a good idea to leave food out on the front porch because all it does is attract feral cats. She ignored that.

Final straw was when I came out one morning 2 weeks ago and there were three cats laying on the hood of my truck.  Quick trip to the pound to rent a trap and 10 days later I had caught and disposed of 16 cats. I love animals too so I didn't kill him, just relocated them to a field north of town.

She was leaving for work one day and commented that all of her cats were missing. I was honest and said I had been trapping the ferals and taking them out north of town Into the woods, not a single one had a collar or acted as if they were tame. I don't think she liked that too much cuz she hasn't spoken to me since.

View Quote

I despise people that just drop off random feral cats to my "field" or driveway "because I have a farm, I must love all the kitties". lol I don't like all the kitties, and when they randomly get dropped off they always seem to find the barn, and often breed before I can dispatch them. It's a danger to my dogs (if they chase a cat across the road and get hit in the process), it can introduce disease, and frankly just causes me more work because I now get to do what you just did but with lead poisoning.

That said, happy trapping, glad you wont have to deal with the yard mess anymore.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 12:50:36 AM EDT
[#8]
This was a well written post that made me laugh. Cheers OP.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 12:50:36 AM EDT
[#9]
OP has been here long enough to know about the 3S Procedure, yet he can't even handle the 3rd S.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 12:54:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Ill have to try ham. I've tried tuna, cheese and cat food. So far all I caught are skunks, possums and one raccoon. I see stray cats in my yard all the time though.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 12:57:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I despise people that just drop off random feral cats to my "field" or driveway "because I have a farm, I must love all the kitties". lol I don't like all the kitties, and when they randomly get dropped off they always seem to find the barn, and often breed before I can dispatch them. It's a danger to my dogs (if they chase a cat across the road and get hit in the process), it can introduce disease, and frankly just causes me more work because I now get to do what you just did but with lead poisoning.

That said, happy trapping, glad you wont have to deal with the yard mess anymore.
View Quote

Oh yeah I avoid dropping them off anywhere near a farm. By field I mean the nearest house is probably 5-7 miles away. Most will probably get eaten by Coyotes pretty quick anyways because they are thick as flies out there.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 12:57:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Even my wife will admit that feral cat shooting is about as good as it gets. We had to eliminate a ton of them at my dad's place a while back. There are song birds on his property once again. 
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 1:02:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Ill have to try ham. I've tried tuna, cheese and cat food. So far all I caught are skunks, possums and one raccoon. I see stray cats in my yard all the time though.
View Quote
Tuna always works for me. I just leave the mostly empty can in the trap after I eat the tuna. It obviously still worked if you caught all the other critters. Maybe you cannot catch the cats because the trap is always full of other critters?
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 1:10:20 AM EDT
[#14]
First rule of cat "management" is that you don't talk about cat "management" with the enablers.

My mom, bless her soul, is one of these types.  I wanted to thank the neighbors that reported mom and put a stop to the shenanigans
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 1:12:04 AM EDT
[#15]
OP, son I am dissapoint!

You should have dispatched them in the woods with a 12 guage and the posted pics.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 1:16:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 1:28:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Oh yeah I avoid dropping them off anywhere near a farm. By field I mean the nearest house is probably 5-7 miles away. Most will probably get eaten by Coyotes pretty quick anyways because they are thick as flies out there.
View Quote
No matter where you drop them they still kill the normal critters and birds that are supposed to be there. If the cats do end up surviving they're going to make their way back to someone's house.

Do everyone a favor and just kill the cats.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 1:46:50 AM EDT
[#18]
I had a feline relocation program going for about two years, not by choice, my ex-wife hated cats. I worked in the next town over and would drop them in a nice golf course community. It was better than picking up their dead bodies out of my driveway, right in the flight path of the neighborhood owl, he was brutal.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 3:15:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
First rule of cat "management" is that you don't talk about cat "management" with the enablers.

My mom, bless her soul, is one of these types.  I wanted to thank the neighbors that reported mom and put a stop to the shenanigans
View Quote
When I went and picked up my trap they asked where I lived and they all kind of giggled and told me there is a lady one block over from me who has over 100 cats around her house and in that area. All the neighbors are helping animal control trap those cats. I couldn't deal with that.

Initially I started taking the cats to the pound because they are a kill shelter. Unfortunately on the second day they said they were full and I couldn't bring any more in for at least another week. That's why I started taking them out into the country. Guy that works for me traps cats as well but he throws the trap in a large trash can full of water. We all have our own ways I guess.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 3:46:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Stupid bitch typical liberal, inviting problems and expecting others to take care of them. Good traps, fuck that ho.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 5:02:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Not seeing photos of the hot cat lady.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 5:06:38 AM EDT
[#22]
17 HMR is the only answer for stray cats.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 5:25:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Big mistake telling her what you did.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 5:26:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Big mistake telling her what you did.
View Quote
Don't see an upside to it, but many downsides. 
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 5:32:44 AM EDT
[#25]
"...I love animals too so I didn't kill him, just relocated them to a field north of town..."

Bullshit! If you loved cats as you claim, you would not dump them elsewhere to become other people's problem.
Because folks like me have to trap and shoot the lil puppies and kittehs you assholes drop in the "country" ...

The beautiful tom cat that bit my daughter years ago died a horrible death. Then had to be mutilated to be checked for rabies.
I'm sure he appreciated living out his days in the country. Dickheads...
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 5:44:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Do us all a favor and just toss the trap into a garbage can full of water next time
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 5:49:22 AM EDT
[#27]
My neighbor and I have trapped 21 ferals between us over the last two years.  Every one get snipped, and gets rabies, FLK, distemper shots, plus de-worm, de-flea, at the local clinic.

Cats are good.  Kittens are bad.  When I first moved here 2 1/2 years ago I saw new litters ALL...THE...TIME.  I haven't seen one in about a year.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 6:04:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
"...I love animals too so I didn't kill him, just relocated them to a field north of town..."

Bullshit! If you loved cats as you claim, you would not dump them elsewhere to become other people's problem.
Because folks like me have to trap and shoot the lil puppies and kittehs you assholes drop in the "country" ...

The beautiful tom cat that bit my daughter years ago died a horrible death. Then had to be mutilated to be checked for rabies.
View Quote
Lighten up, Francis
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 6:11:21 AM EDT
[#29]
I live out in the country. Feral cats are just part of being out here. I give them a three visit pass. After that, well, they obviously don't intend to leave. The solution is obvious.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 6:27:34 AM EDT
[#30]
Not too stone cold. Feral cats aren't pets.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 6:31:13 AM EDT
[#31]
So, you really aren't stone-cold and you didn't slay the cats, but did you slay the pussy?
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 6:36:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Feral cats are a real problem. Not only to your truck hood but they destroy wildlife
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 6:52:36 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
My neighbor and I have trapped 21 ferals between us over the last two years.  Every one get snipped, and gets rabies, FLK, distemper shots, plus de-worm, de-flea, at the local clinic.

Cats are good.  Kittens are bad.  When I first moved here 2 1/2 years ago I saw new litters ALL...THE...TIME.  I haven't seen one in about a year.
View Quote

Trap neuter and release, the problem will resolve itself quicjly
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 6:53:27 AM EDT
[#34]
3 S solution here.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 6:53:28 AM EDT
[#35]
$1000 vet bill when a feral cat bit one of my dogs a few years ago.

Buck shot is about .50 a round. Fuck feral cats.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 7:02:55 AM EDT
[#36]
Kil em all!!

Strays are the damn scourge of this earth!
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 7:05:17 AM EDT
[#37]
I love cats more than most here but you should have killed them or taken them to the pound.

You think they love ham but they will never go in a trap again and you just set them out to kill quail and other birds on somebody else's land.

Your neighbor cats that are pets will go in that trap multiple times for your ham but wild cats only get trapped once.

SSS is your friend. You can tell which ones are pets, either let go or take to the pound. The wild ones SSS .

Either way you should not tell the neighbor what you have done.  For you we have a new abbreviation.   TRS  Trap release and shut up.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 7:11:40 AM EDT
[#38]
My cat used to love hanging out on our screen porch.

Now he wants to but gets all nervous out there because of all the ferals hanging out marking shit. And I'm worried they'll spread disease to him. He doesn't ever go outside though.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 7:19:56 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 7:35:03 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Do us all a favor and just toss the trap into a garbage can full of water next time
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 7:51:12 AM EDT
[#41]
In before the "MUH SONGBIRDZ" crowd.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 7:56:10 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I live out in the country. Feral cats are just part of being out here. I give them a three visit pass. After that, well, they obviously don't intend to leave. The solution is obvious.
View Quote
I give them the here kitty kitty test.

Shotgun in one hand, if they don't show interest in being friendly, then I don't show interest in watching them kill everything they can get their filthy claws on.

Since starting this policy at my new place, I haven't had a cat around for 2 years.

This year I have a nesting pair of Red Headed Woodpeckers and TWO nests of Sparrow Hawks.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 7:57:53 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Relocating stray cats just makes someone else deal with them.

We live on a farm and have reached our limit of "barn cats", as Im sure everyone else has. The rest are...
View Quote
Why would you drop them in someone's field? Like cjk said, now you just put your problem off on someone else. Either take them to the SCPA, or take care of them yourself.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 7:59:22 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
OP has been here long enough to know about the 3S Procedure, yet he can't even handle the 3rd S.
View Quote
Who bothers with the second S for a feral cat?
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 7:59:53 AM EDT
[#45]
You should after trapping them consider  taking them to the vet for "the big fix"?

You will become your lady friends big hero. 
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 8:03:34 AM EDT
[#46]
one of my neighbors fed the ferals too.
feline leukemia moved in and took care of them.
Sometimes things just work out on their own
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 8:03:35 AM EDT
[#47]
Should have them neutered prior to release.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 8:08:01 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Lighten up, Francis
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lighten up, Francis
This isn't just someone's panties getting in a wad. You seem to feel that it was a big enough problem that you had to trap them and get rid of them. Why are you giving your problem to someone else to deal with? Its your problem. You take care of it. Don't just pass it on to someone else because it just looks like an empty field.

Is it your land that you are dumping on? Then why is it your right to use the land to dispose of your unwanted animals.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 8:13:10 AM EDT
[#49]
The people that are out in the area will just give the cats that don't get eaten a lead pill.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 8:21:20 AM EDT
[#50]
People think they're being compassionate by feeding feral animals. Feeding strays only contributes to the misery by producing more litters.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top