Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 7:20:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm "amazed" that after all that the total was a nice whole number.  

How much does the guy who knows algebra make in Walton CO, FL?  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So gay.  Seatbelt laws are dumb.

Is it $25 total?  Round here, they slap $75 "court fees" onto every ticket it seems.  Even if you dont actually go to court.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Here's a receipt from my last ticket.  I'd have rather they said "hey dumbass, we're taking your $251 and going out drinking."
<a href="http://s961.photobucket.com/user/redfish86/media/Ticketreceipt001_zpsa47297a8.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i961.photobucket.com/albums/ae94/redfish86/Ticketreceipt001_zpsa47297a8.jpg</a>

I'm "amazed" that after all that the total was a nice whole number.  

How much does the guy who knows algebra make in Walton CO, FL?  

Walton County FL is, I am convinced, the birthplace of the "good ole boy" network.  

Our County Government isn't a model of nepotism, it's more like "inbred".
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 7:21:04 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Had a cop pull me over because my wife looked like someone he just arrested and dropped off at the station.  Across town...  Then ticketed me for no front plate...  

Yeah sure, your prisoner just escaped the PD and is on the loose.  But nobody notified you that happened. But sure, that girl must be her.  Told the guy he didn't have to lie to my face.  But I found out front plate tickets are a secondary.
View Quote
I bet you drive an import

Link Posted: 5/22/2014 7:22:32 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I always wear mine, and would continue to do so if it the law was struck down.  Still shouldnt be legally mandated to do so.

Same with helmet laws.  Theyre silly and useless.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Seatbelt laws are dumb... almost as dumb as people who don't wear seatbelts.

I always wear mine, and would continue to do so if it the law was struck down.  Still shouldnt be legally mandated to do so.

Ohio is great.

You can get a ticket for seatbelt, but they did away with the helmet law.

Ta-da!
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 7:28:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Went to lunch with a coworker in his Ranger.  We get pulled over because "his bumper mounted ball hitch is obscuring his license plate" (dont they all?)

We each received seatbelt violations.

It was so ludicrous and transparent all I could do was laugh.  Enjoy that 25 buck Mills PD.  You earned it.  

Eta:  They've been openly advertising that they are really coming down on seatbelt violations this month, but its a secondary offense here.

Whatever.  I got a chuckle, thought Id share and stir the pot a bit.
View Quote

What if you are towing a trailer??? Would that not obscure the plate??
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 7:29:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Had a cop pull me over because my wife looked like someone he just arrested and dropped off at the station.  Across town...  Then ticketed me for no front plate...  

Yeah sure, your prisoner just escaped the PD and is on the loose.  But nobody notified you that happened. But sure, that girl must be her.  Told the guy he didn't have to lie to my face.  But I found out front plate tickets are a secondary.

Actually it was a Pontiac Grand Am at the time.  Hated that POS.  2 door model where the Window linkages would always fail and brakes wore like warm butter.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 7:30:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Went to lunch with a coworker in his Ranger.  We get pulled over because "his bumper mounted ball hitch is obscuring his license plate" (dont they all?)

It was so ludicrous and transparent all I could do was laugh.  Enjoy that 25 buck Mills PD.  You earned it.  

Eta:  They've been openly advertising that they are really coming down on seatbelt violations this month, but its a secondary offense here.

You would obviously be pulled over one month every year.  For the kids revenue.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 7:31:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Ohio is great.  

Ta-da!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ohio is great.  

Ta-da!

Just makes seat belt laws look more obscene. Riding a bike, helmet or not, is way safer than driving any car/truck? Fuck no.

ETA: I'm just speculating the next step will be bikes. Anyway, carry on.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 7:35:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I was visiting family in New Jersey once (I'll never go back to there) and my cousin I was riding with got pulled over for doing 6mph over the limit. Now, I don't know if he was speeding or not, but he was definitely wearing his seatbelt, just like everyone else in the car. The cop gets his info, then returns with a citation for speeding and not wearing his seatbelt.

My cousin had to take his seatbelt off (with the cop watching) in order to get to his glove box for his registration. It was total bullshit. Now whenever I am in a car that gets pulled over I specifically request to remove my seatbelt so I can reach the needed paperwork.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 7:41:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I was visiting family in New Jersey once (I'll never go back to there) and my cousin I was riding with got pulled over for doing 6mph over the limit. Now, I don't know if he was speeding or not, but he was definitely wearing his seatbelt, just like everyone else in the car. The cop gets his info, then returns with a citation for speeding and not wearing his seatbelt.

My cousin had to take his seatbelt off (with the cop watching) in order to get to his glove box for his registration. It was total bullshit. Now whenever I am in a car that gets pulled over I specifically request to remove my seatbelt so I can reach the needed paperwork.
View Quote

To be fair, I'm a cop and still don't want to deal with any cops in NY, NJ, MD, CT, RI, or pretty much any other state that still gives money for glass bottles.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 7:46:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Actually it was a Pontiac Grand Am at the time.  Hated that POS.  2 door model where the Window linkages would always fail and brakes wore like warm butter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I lived in ohio a long time and always only saw then pick on imports for front plates.

What a cock licker.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 7:50:59 PM EDT
[#11]
As much as Cali sucks, in so many ways.....at least the cops are not fucking pricks about fucking bullshit.

My wife got a new car almost 2 years ago and I never put the license plates on....just to see how long we could go.  She has been driving around for damn near 2 years with no license plates.

I haven't bothered putting the new stickers on my Jeep.  The car is currently registered but the plate stickers say 2011.

I can't buy a 30 rd mag though.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 7:54:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
As much as Cali sucks, in so many ways.....at least the cops are not fucking pricks about fucking bullshit.

My wife got a new car almost 2 years ago and I never put the license plates on....just to see how long we could go.  She has been driving around for damn near 2 years with no license plates.

I haven't bothered putting the new stickers on my Jeep.  The car is currently registered but the plate stickers say 2011.

View Quote

Oh man I'd be all over both of those...

Link Posted: 5/22/2014 8:03:26 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Do you not see the hypocrisy in your thought process?  You want mandated medical treatment but not mandated safety measures?  You want the freedom to travel however you feel but don't want to accept the consequences of the safety measures you choose to ignore.

Confirms my suspicions that few grasp the concept of freedom and the few that do, don't want it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It really isn't workable to give up freedoms to keep medical costs down. You'd have to ban so many things it would be ridiculous.

I am not necessarily against eliminating mandatory treatment however I'm just not sure.

There is other options as well. I am definitely in favor of aggressive garnishment and collection for the bills that are left unpaid.

Do you not see the hypocrisy in your thought process?  You want mandated medical treatment but not mandated safety measures?  You want the freedom to travel however you feel but don't want to accept the consequences of the safety measures you choose to ignore.

Confirms my suspicions that few grasp the concept of freedom and the few that do, don't want it.
perhaps you should wear a helmet in your car for safety as well

Link Posted: 5/22/2014 9:24:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Excellent rebuttal. I guess your right, I am wrong, and I apologize.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Next time ask officer fuck face if he enjoys collecting the kings ransom.

A once noble profession, now just armed robbers.

Excellent rebuttal. I guess your right, I am wrong, and I apologize.

There's nothing to rebuttal you're idiotic declarative statement. No amount of common sense would even sway your opinion.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 9:37:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It really isn't workable to give up freedoms to keep medical costs down. You'd have to ban so many things it would be ridiculous.

I am not necessarily against eliminating mandatory treatment however I'm just not sure.

There is other options as well. I am definitely in favor of aggressive garnishment and collection for the bills that are left unpaid.

Sounds reasonable when tax payers and hospitals are required to spend thousands of dollars that they may or may not recoup.

As soon as that requirement is done away with by all means travel anyway you want.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 9:37:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Not really - what he's saying is that if you're going to go through the trouble - go through the trouble. Stopping and doing all the BS without the ticket just means you're dicking with people to have something to do - there's no "LAW ENFORCEMENT" in that situation.

Either enforce the law or don't - can't go 1/2 way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I used to drive a Ranger until recently. I was pulled over in Spokane on my way to work for the same reason. I received a warning, not ticket. Seriously? If you are going to make me late to work, at least make it be for a citation worthy stop, not some bullshit stop where you expect me to show you gratitude.

You would have rather had a ticket?

Interesting.

Not really - what he's saying is that if you're going to go through the trouble - go through the trouble. Stopping and doing all the BS without the ticket just means you're dicking with people to have something to do - there's no "LAW ENFORCEMENT" in that situation.

Really because I thought it was about correcting actions and education of the the laws and if I can do that without costing a guy on his way to work money it's a win/win.  Take speeding, a lot of people truly have their head up their ass not paying attention, if you give a warning a lot will pay better attention for awhile. Only ticket i won't give a break on is child restraint. I make around 500 traffic stops a year and only write about 100 tickets. In doing this I'm not enforcing laws just "dicking" with people? Got it!
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 9:41:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Well if you want to suck on a steering wheel sure
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 5:09:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

What is the U.S. Highway patrol?
And do you know how much money police get from the ticket?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tag to see all of gd tell us how much money PDs get from tickets...
Driverless cars could cripple budgets.

Approximately 41 million people receive speeding tickets in the U.S. every year, paying out more than $6.2 billion per year, according to statistics from the U.S. Highway Patrol published at StatisticBrain.com.

So, just as drug cops in Colorado and Washington are cutting budgets after losing revenue from asset and property seizures from marijuana arrests, state and local governments will need to account for a drastic reduction in fines from traffic violations as autonomous cars stick to the speed limit."

What is the U.S. Highway patrol?
And do you know how much money police get from the ticket?

Link Posted: 5/23/2014 5:27:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Apparently here in GA it is no longer a secondary offense.  I was driving nicely down a little main street type road here in my town, beautiful spring day, windows down, and a  State Patrol pulled me over. I'm thinking to my self, "Why is he pulling me over? Don't they just cruise the highways?". I pull over into a parking lot of a bank, he walks up to the window and does the old routine of "Do you know why I pulled you over?" I say no, and guess I was speeding. He says I wasn't but they saw me not wearing my seat belt. I then realize that he is correct, and he asks me why not. I responded with "I just don't think about it when I'm just putting around town". He didn't seem to appreciate that, and wrote me a ticket. Cost me a grand total of $15 and 5 minutes of my time.

So my taxes are paying for Georgia State Patrol to drive around my town to hassle me about not wearing a seat belt. Not speeding, not reckless driving, nothing that endangers anyone else. The only upside is that it was only $15.
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 5:36:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Obscured license plate is now front and center as PC.
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 5:37:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Apparently here in GA it is no longer a secondary offense.  I was driving nicely down a little main street type road here in my town, beautiful spring day, windows down, and a  State Patrol pulled me over. I'm thinking to my self, "Why is he pulling me over? Don't they just cruise the highways?". I pull over into a parking lot of a bank, he walks up to the window and does the old routine of "Do you know why I pulled you over?" I say no, and guess I was speeding. He says I wasn't but they saw me not wearing my seat belt. I then realize that he is correct, and he asks me why not. I responded with "I just don't think about it when I'm just putting around town". He didn't seem to appreciate that, and wrote me a ticket. Cost me a grand total of $15 and 5 minutes of my time.

So my taxes are paying for Georgia State Patrol to drive around my town to hassle me about not wearing a seat belt. Not speeding, not reckless driving, nothing that endangers anyone else. The only upside is that it was only $15.
View Quote

Tom Murphy is rolling over in his grave.
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 5:38:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Is it $25 total?  Round here, they slap $75 "court fees" onto every ticket it seems.  Even if you dont actually go to court.

View Quote

Yeah he  wont be laughing when he finds that out.
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 6:15:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Secondary in WY
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is the seatbelt violation a secondary offense?

It is click it or ticket grant season. A cop working the grant needs a primary reason to stop you to issue a secondary seatbelt violation. If that's the case in your state.

Secondary in WY

So the blocked plate was a pretext for the actual reason for the stop.

Verbal warning for the plate and the cop gets credit for the seatbelt violation.

The Federal Government funds the grant which pays OT for guys to enforce the seatbelt laws.
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 7:19:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree %100, with one caveat...get fucked up in a accident without  a  helmet or using seat belt and you are on the hook for all medical expenses. No insurance= fuck you, lay in the gutter. One's choices and personal freedoms stop when they begin to enter my wallet. Personal freedom= personal responsibility
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 8:40:58 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I agree %100, with one caveat...get fucked up in a accident without  a  helmet or using seat belt and you are on the hook for all medical expenses. No insurance= fuck you, lay in the gutter. One's choices and personal freedoms stop when they begin to enter my wallet. Personal freedom= personal responsibility
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Link Posted: 5/23/2014 8:46:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

This was in WY?

I remember when i first visited WY back in '01 or '02 we were LEGALLY drinking and driving...  What's happened to that state?
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 9:01:00 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

It is Click it month.... click it or get a ticket
View Quote
Cops are crackin down!!

Link Posted: 5/23/2014 9:28:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Got a seatbelt ticket Wed literally right behind my house. I could have taken my shoe off and hit my garage if I threw it.

$25 gov bitch slap.
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 10:16:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Got a seatbelt ticket Wed literally right behind my house. I could have taken my shoe off and hit my garage if I threw it.

$25 gov bitch slap.
View Quote

You realize there is no "home base" rule like there was when we were kids, right?
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 10:38:28 AM EDT
[#30]
I drove a truck around for years with a bumper mounted hitch ball and even a trailer light dongle that obscured the plate most of the time.   Never had a problem with it.

But that was back before they had Click It or Ticket month.
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 10:39:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Simple solution to this problem... wear your seatbelt.
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 10:46:39 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Welcome to GD.

Titty sprinkles
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I used to drive a Ranger until recently. I was pulled over in Spokane on my way to work for the same reason. I received a warning, not ticket. Seriously? If you are going to make me late to work, at least make it be for a citation worthy stop, not some bullshit stop where you expect me to show you gratitude.

That the dumbest thing I've read in awhile.

Welcome to GD.

Titty sprinkles

Read it in Morgan Freemans voice.
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 10:56:12 AM EDT
[#33]
It's a holiday weekend, expect traffic police.
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 11:22:17 AM EDT
[#34]
Did he at least remove his fishing lure from your rear bumper?
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 11:29:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/23/2014 11:36:03 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
That is great but not everyone is like you.  Never said you specifically were the problem either.  However everyone gets the same medical treatment.  So until hospitals and emergency responders can refuse medical service I agree with seatbelt laws.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My only issue with not enforcing seatbelt laws is that hospitals have to treat you if you don't have insurance and can't pay.  I could care less if you want to drive around without a seatbelt but when you cost tax payers and hospitals money because they are obligated by law to treat you then you should be required to wear a seatbelt.

Easy there, I have great insurance that I pay out the ear for.  I pay taxes too.  

That is great but not everyone is like you.  Never said you specifically were the problem either.  However everyone gets the same medical treatment.  So until hospitals and emergency responders can refuse medical service I agree with seatbelt laws.
So when they ban motorcycles on public roadways and cite the same logic, that's okay?

Helmet or not, anyone involved in a motorcycle accident has to be treated, insurance or not...

...or is that totally different?

ETA: saw this was brought up already as I read further. Feel free to disregard, but I'll leave my post as it was.

Link Posted: 5/23/2014 11:51:45 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You would have rather had a ticket?

Interesting.

Since vehicles dont come with a digital bill board identifying all occupants inside and a list of their wants, warrants, and criminal history, cops have to stop cars and actually make contact with people. Cops make contact with people by pulling them over for various ordinances & laws that the driver of the vehicle violates. Some of these can seem nitnoid or BS.

Once a vehicle is stopped, it can take a few minutes to determine if the occupants of the vehicle are shitheads, or just Joe/Jane Normal on their way to work.
Joe/Jane Normal get cut loose relatively quickly, shit heads get more scrutiny.

I've locked up a wanted pedophile after I pulled his buddy,(the driver), over for no front license plate,(Missouri requires two except for heavy duty trucks which will usually be towing something behind them).

Bullshit stops can pay off.
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 11:52:56 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely.  Agree 100%.

Link Posted: 5/23/2014 11:55:54 AM EDT
[#39]
That's pretty chickenshit. Do people that do this for a living actually feel good about themselves? I can't think of much more pathetic than that.
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 11:58:47 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
That's pretty chickenshit. Do people that do this for a living actually feel good about themselves? I can't think of much more pathetic than that.
View Quote

Yeah... No good ever comes from traffic stops... Except finding wanted felons and stuff like that.
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 12:00:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Specs for a brand new Pro Laser 4

Speed accuracy: +/- 1 mph (+/- 1 km/h)
Speed range: 5 to 200 mph (option to 0 km/h)
Range Accuracy: +/- 6”
Range Resolution: 0.1 foot
Range: 10 feet to 8,000 ft.
Acquisition time: Less than 0.3 seconds
Beam width: 2.67 ft at 1,000 ft.
Operating temp: -22 degrees F to 140 degrees F
Power: (4) AA batteries
Profile (H x W x L): 9.80” x 4.30” x 6.30”
Weight: 2.5 lbs with batteries

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

CT is like $380 for a speeding ticket doing 66 in a 65mph zone.

It is cheaper to get a lawyer.. even one at $150/hr for any kind of citation you receive. I'd rather pay the lawyers than the state - and lawyers aren't too high up on my list of people to pay either.

That would be an illegal ticket since the radar devices have a +/- 1 mph tolerance says that right on the side of the device.

Well considering he's full of shit on the fine amount, I'm sure the speed he's referring to is spot on too right?  

1-9 over in CT is $132, max of $232 if it's a school zone/construction zone type deal...

CT posts their rates yearly online

Also, a lot of state patrols do not go by the same requirements for radar/lidar that county/municipality may go by.

ETA: Just double checked, 22mph over isn't even the $380 that dude pulled out of his ass...

Specs for a brand new Pro Laser 4

Speed accuracy: +/- 1 mph (+/- 1 km/h)
Speed range: 5 to 200 mph (option to 0 km/h)
Range Accuracy: +/- 6”
Range Resolution: 0.1 foot
Range: 10 feet to 8,000 ft.
Acquisition time: Less than 0.3 seconds
Beam width: 2.67 ft at 1,000 ft.
Operating temp: -22 degrees F to 140 degrees F
Power: (4) AA batteries
Profile (H x W x L): 9.80” x 4.30” x 6.30”
Weight: 2.5 lbs with batteries

I will stand corrected.  I have yet to see one that has been found to be off, but I guess there's a first for everything.
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 12:03:04 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Yeah... No good ever comes from traffic stops... Except finding wanted felons and stuff like that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I feel sooo much safer now that these guys got seat belt tickets. That brave warrior saved us all.

Link Posted: 5/23/2014 12:07:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Yeah, I feel sooo much safer now that these guys got seat belt tickets. That brave warrior saved us all.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Try harder.
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 4:32:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

The court clerk girls thought it would be nice if we handed on these papers with the fines listed so you would not call them, I refused. Rules of the court I'm good with it, fine amounts not so much.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dunno, that's the fucked up part really.  Guy couldn't tell me what the fine was, gotta call in.  He said he thought it wasn't more than 25 bucks though.  

Nice enough guy, just following orders.  

The court clerk girls thought it would be nice if we handed on these papers with the fines listed so you would not call them, I refused. Rules of the court I'm good with it, fine amounts not so much.

I bet you have obstructed license plate laws where you are too?

Here in CA we also have to have a front plate.  You ought to hear the whining and wailing from the kids where I work, when they find out that a local PD or CHP don't also think that their car looks better without the front plate.
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 4:37:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

trailer plates?? in most places.  But if you look up the actual code for most states it will list acceptable exceptions.
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 4:37:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yea, but then you don't get to be a revolutionary and stick it to the man...man.
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 4:39:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Must be nationwide......cop pulled up next to me at a light and looked at me and pointed to his belt.........pulled mine and showed him it was on.......end of story
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 4:39:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

To be fair, I'm a cop and still don't want to deal with any cops in NY, NJ, MD, CT, RI, or pretty much any other state that still gives money for glass bottles.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

and when I had a business assignment in NJ I found out they didn't let me pump my own gas and unless otherwise determined and posted the speed limit in residential areas was 50 mph.  And the also had the street names posted so you could see the name of the street you were on but not the cross street.  WTF.  
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 4:39:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Approximately 41 million people receive speeding tickets in the U.S. every year, paying out more than $6.2 billion per year, according to statistics from the U.S. Highway Patrol published at StatisticBrain.com.

So, just as drug cops in Colorado and Washington are cutting budgets after losing revenue from asset and property seizures from marijuana arrests, state and local governments will need to account for a drastic reduction in fines from traffic violations as autonomous cars stick to the speed limit."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tag to see all of gd tell us how much money PDs get from tickets...

Good thing I work for a city with a fantastic sales tax base/business district that gets less than 2% of its revenue from court actions.
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 4:41:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe that those are pretty much fix it tickets, based on the time I had to find the stickers my kids didn't put on the car I was driving at the time.  But it was paid up so no big deal.
Page / 4
Top Top