Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 11:00:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I love the M12 stuff.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 1:35:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No m18 fuel hole hawg? They rock, so i am disappointed  you donr have one. The 18v sawzall (not hackzall) is pretty baller too.
View Quote

Amazon has the new hole hawg for $250. So temping
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 1:46:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No m18 fuel hole hawg? They rock, so i am disappointed  you donr have one. The 18v sawzall (not hackzall) is pretty baller too.

Honestly, I will never use a hole hawg or drill again.

Impact guns are where it's at now.  No rotational backforce, so no lost teeth like with the hole hawg

You can use them 1 handed and not worry about ti spinning.  They are light weight and super powerful.

Take a look at this, just insert an auger bit and drill out an entire house:
https://www.milwaukeetool.com/power-tools/cordless/2765-22

To be honest, I use my M12 Impact gun with a 3/4" DareDevil spade bit to do most of my drilling thru joists.  But I do service work so I don't do nearly as much drilling as an electrician doing new construction.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 1:51:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I tried a 7/16" hex adapter on my Fuel High Torque, and as I expected, I didn't care for the lack of speed, nor for the racket it makes. I'll stick with my M18 Hole Hawg.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 2:12:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Impact guns are where it's at now.  No rotational backforce, so no lost teeth like with the hole hawg

You can use them 1 handed and not worry about ti spinning.  They are light weight and super powerful.

To be honest, I use my M12 Impact gun with a 3/4" DareDevil spade bit to do most of my drilling thru joists.  But I do service work so I don't do nearly as much drilling as an electrician doing new construction.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I use the same dare devil spade bits and sometimes I feel like I am going to break my impact gun from just having it impact so much trying to drill a hole
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 2:15:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I tried a 7/16" hex adapter on my Fuel High Torque, and as I expected, I didn't care for the lack of speed, nor for the racket it makes. I'll stick with my M18 Hole Hawg.
View Quote

Which impact did you use?  The 1,600in-lb model?

The one I linked to is 750 ft-lbs.  That's 9,000in-lbs!

Big difference, it goes thru fast and like butter.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 2:17:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I use the same dare devil spade bits and sometimes I feel like I am going to break my impact gun from just having it impact so much trying to drill a hole
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm still on my first M12 Fuel impact that I got the day they were released  And I go thru some pretty damn tough wood dealing with the old houses that I find myself in.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 2:19:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:Which impact did you use?  The 1,600in-lb model?
View Quote

No, though I have that one too. The one I was referring to is the same model as the one you use, just with the 1/2" square anvil - the 2763.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 2:20:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

No, though I have that one too. The one I was referring to is the same model as the one you use, just with the 1/2" square anvil.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:Which impact did you use?  The 1,600in-lb model?

No, though I have that one too. The one I was referring to is the same model as the one you use, just with the 1/2" square anvil.

Gotcha.  To each his own I guess, right?
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 2:22:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:To each his own I guess, right?
View Quote

Without a doubt.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 2:25:20 AM EDT
[#11]
It ain't a real addiction unless you have all the m12 heated gear too.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 2:26:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Does anyone have both the M12 sticklight AND the lantern?

I have the sticklight and LOVE it.  I am just wondering how it compares to the M12 lantern (before I spend the money on the lantern).
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 2:26:53 AM EDT
[#13]
They are good. I prefer DeWalt myself. Will pass this thread to Little Pony though, as he is ga ga for Milwaukee as well
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 2:30:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Does anyone have both the M12 sticklight AND the lantern?

I have the sticklight and LOVE it.  I am just wondering how it compares to the M12 lantern (before I spend the money on the lantern).
View Quote

I have the M12 stick light, and the M18 lantern. The lantern is more for general illumination, as one might expect, than for lighting a task. It is also a softer light than the stick provides.

I have pretty much all of the Milw. LED's, other than the 2 just released. Of them, the M18 flood is what I use the most, but my go-to work light is a Bosch FL12. Great little light, with a magnet that holds better than any the Milwaukees.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 2:33:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 2:34:21 AM EDT
[#16]
DeWalt is what you seek.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 2:36:42 AM EDT
[#17]
This thread makes me glad I'm union.  I use a lot of those and some others that would add up real quick if I was the one buying.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 2:43:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
This thread makes me glad I'm union.  I use a lot of those and some others that would add up real quick if I was the one buying.
View Quote

I don't pay for tools, the customer does
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 2:45:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

You treat them better when your buying them. And don't get me started on hand tools. I bet I have more into them then these power tools.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 3:04:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You treat them better when your buying them. And don't get me started on hand tools. I bet I have more into them then these power tools.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

About the same. I have a ridgid set for home use and don't take it easy on them.   I did burn up a 18v fuel drill the other day at work.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 3:06:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
DeWalt is what you seek.
View Quote

Both are badass so buy whatever you have the most batteries for. I'm an M18 junkie and my 1/2" impact has seen worse conditions than 99% of tools will. Just don't get the skinny batteries they don't last long.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 3:12:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Both are badass so buy whatever you have the most batteries for. I'm an M18 junkie and my 1/2" impact has seen worse conditions than 99% of tools will. Just don't get the skinny batteries they don't last long.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
DeWalt is what you seek.

Most of my 18V tools are Dewalt because I have bought them over the years and they have lasted for so long.  But IMO Milwaukee M18 is better and will be what I replace the Dewalt 18V with when the Dewalt tools finally die.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 3:26:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Most of my 18V tools are Dewalt because I have bought them over the years and they have lasted for so long.  But IMO Milwaukee M18 is better and will be what I replace the Dewalt 18V with when the Dewalt tools finally die.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
DeWalt is what you seek.

Right there with you, doing foundation repair and floor leveling, you toss tools around in the dirt, mud, sand a lot. I can't recall any DeWalt tools failing. We never used Milwaukee tools so I have no first hand experience there.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 10:36:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
It ain't a real addiction unless you have all the m12 heated gear too.
View Quote

Every year I think about buying a heated jacket and every year I never do.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 10:40:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The customer used to pay for all of mine, but nowadays I obtain most of them in exchange for doing a review. Ya gotta love Al Gore, and this wonderful thing he created!
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 10:47:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The customer used to pay for all of mine, but nowadays I obtain most of them in exchange for doing a review. Ya gotta love Al Gore, and this wonderful thing he created!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How do you do these reviews?
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 10:49:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
All that and you don't have a Sawzall?  WTF.
View Quote

This.

And ditch that gay ass multi-meter. Get 'cha a Fluke. You'll thank me later.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 11:12:56 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

This.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

I already know. I wish I bought a fluke. This thing takes forever to change selections and turns on in my tool bag even in a case all the time
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 3:33:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

This.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Hackzall is much more easy for one handed tasks and has the same power
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 9:54:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 10:09:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Brandy new battery/corded led light.  Tripod model also available.

https://www.milwaukeetool.com/power-tools/cordless/2360-20
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 10:51:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
How well do the chucks on the fuel drills hold onto bits. I've had cordless dewalts that you couldn't tighten hard enough to retain the bit on a tough drill job and the chuck is keyless so you can't reef it down.

Need to be able to put some stank on them for drilling out hardened exhaust studs and bolts.
View Quote

Sometimes it holds great. Sometimes I have to crank it down after every hole I drill. All three of these drills do it
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 11:39:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I already know. I wish I bought a fluke. This thing takes forever to change selections and turns on in my tool bag even in a case all the time
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

I've had good luck with my Innova DVOM. You won't get the fanbois after you though on super expensive piece of kit.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top