Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

fix windshield. Then woodland camo.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
1999 isuzu vehicross. 167k miles, but runs and drives great. The ride is rough as fuck, but all of these do. They're actually built on a Trooper frame.

I bought it from a buddy who's hard up for money. His ex took a 9 iron to the windshield, so it needs replaced and will also need a starter soon too. Leather interior is about a 7/10.

Should I get it painted, or maybe get it rhino-lined?
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/423847/20201024_124059_jpg-1651699.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/423847/20201024_124154_jpg-1651700.JPG

fix windshield. Then woodland camo.

This! Lift if possible. Those were always strangely interesting little rides to me. Evidently some people do offroad them a bit, I think I saw them on TFL once on one of their drives.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 2:58:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Those can be sweet trail rigs. I would rhino line the plastics, see if you can restore the paint a bit. Put 35's on it.

Just make sure to get Method wheels rather than Fuel....
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 2:58:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I’ve always wanted one of those for some reason
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 2:58:30 PM EDT
[#4]
can you find a windshield or parts for that thing?

pretty cool moon buggy..
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 2:59:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I am laughing out loud. Vehicross. Can't remember the last time I saw one.

In my dealership past in about 2003, my used car manager made a old age wholesale package trade with another dealer. In that mix of vehicles was a Vehicross. I questioned his parentage and skills as in "why the F*** would you take THAT?"

It was retail red and clean so I put it right out front on the used car point just because. IIRC, it sold in 3 days for a large profit. Just goes to show.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 3:01:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
can you find a windshield or parts for that thing?

pretty cool moon buggy..
View Quote

Yep windshield being installed Wednesday for 200 bucks on site. Suspension parts are shared with the trooper. But I'm sure something will pop up that I can't find anywhere.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 3:02:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I am laughing out loud. Vehicross. Can't remember the last time I saw one.

In my dealership past in about 2003, my used car manager made a old age wholesale package trade with another dealer. In that mix of vehicles was a Vehicross. I questioned his parentage and skills as in "why the F*** would you take THAT?"

It was retail red and clean so I put it right out front on the used car point just because. IIRC, it sold in 3 days for a large profit. Just goes to show.
View Quote

They're so ugly, they're gorgeous
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 3:02:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Get a couple gallons of raptor spray liner from amazon and do it yourself. Easy as hell.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 3:06:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

They're so ugly, they're gorgeous
View Quote

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I do have a sweet spot for the Aztec...
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 3:10:40 PM EDT
[#10]
IN b4 "LS that mofo!"
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 3:16:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Rhino line it
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/24/2020 3:16:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Rhinoline that shitbox.  If it's gonna be a beater, make it the best beater it can be.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 3:18:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
IN b4 "LS that mofo!"
View Quote

I'm honestly surprised that they came with a v6. It's a very small vehicle. A 4 banger would have been fine, but with a 200hp 3.5 it scoots along pretty swell.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 3:20:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Rhinoline that shitbox.  If it's gonna be a beater, make it the best beater it can be.
View Quote

Its rough around the edges, but overall it's not terrible. I doubt that anyone could find a better vehicle for a grand. I call it a beater, but with a little TLC it could be a sweet, albeit weird, ride.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 3:21:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Duct tape on windshield is a nice touch.

Somebody needed to say it,
View Quote

Hey now, fixed is fixed.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 3:25:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Always loved those.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 3:27:39 PM EDT
[#17]
You Lucky SOB!
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 3:28:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Camo pattern to mach your local woods.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 3:28:26 PM EDT
[#19]
There is a local dude who rocks his around on the trails with jeeps and Toyotas. It seems to hang just fine.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 3:28:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Nice score.

Enjoy it by using it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 3:28:54 PM EDT
[#21]
That would look sweet with a flecktarn camo job
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 3:30:20 PM EDT
[#22]
I’m awkwardly tempted to offer you a sizable profit on that , lol.

Link Posted: 10/24/2020 3:34:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Would that be gauche? I know it's been overdone, but I like it better than repainting and restoring the plastic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Would that be gauche? I know it's been overdone, but I like it better than repainting and restoring the plastic.

Overdone? Think I've maybe seen (1) vehicle rhino lined ever. I was legit laughing & encouraging you to do it. In for after photos.

Some cool looking trail rigs on page (1) too. That snorkel...

...also, no idea what gauche means
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 3:36:47 PM EDT
[#24]
I always liked those. I remember in HS going to the Tampa auto show and they had the Ironman edition. My buddy gave me shit for liking it so much.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 3:40:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Looks good.

Does anyone else have an almost irresistible urge to run to nearest Vatozone and buy a can of Mothers Back-to-black when they see a car like this?  Those shitty GM pickups with all the plastic are the worst.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 3:42:31 PM EDT
[#26]
If you decide to use Rinoliner I would recommend Monstaliner. I used Monstaliner on my beater FJ60 and I am really happy with it. Easy to use and you can do it yourself.

http://www.monstaliner.com

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/24/2020 3:45:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Plasti Dip it, at least the plastic along the bottom. They sell a kit to do entire cars.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 3:45:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Overdone? Think I've maybe seen (1) vehicle rhino lined ever. I was legit laughing & encouraging you to do it. In for after photos.

Ah I see. I have only ever heard gauche on here, it was the word of the week for a while. I had to look it up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah I see. I have only ever heard gauche on here, it was the word of the week for a while. I had to look it up.

I've seen a couple jeeps locally that were rhino lined, I thought it might have been a fad that I missed the boat on. But I think the VX would look sweet covered in black bedliner. (VX is hip interwebs lingo for vehicross btw, I learnt that today.)
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 3:58:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Something that cool would get a funky wrap, if it were mine.

Cool car though.  I always wanted one when I was younger.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 3:59:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
That's crazy.  Just this morning I just watched the Doug DeMuro video where he drove the final VehiCROSS every made.  It was in awesome shape and I though it would be a great ride.  That's so cool that you have one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOszin9227Q
View Quote

Never even knew that these existed. Interesting...
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:00:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm open to ideas. Current plan is black rhino lining, but I like the ideas people have of doing camo. What kind of funky wrap are you thinking? Interior is black and red if that matters.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:02:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I’ve always wanted one of those for some reason
View Quote

Same here.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:02:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I'm open to ideas. Current plan is black rhino lining, but I like the ideas people have of doing camo. What kind of funky wrap are you thinking? Interior is black and red if that matters.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wraps are 3-4x what you paid for it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:06:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I've seen a couple jeeps locally that were rhino lined, I thought it might have been a fad that I missed the boat on. But I think the VX would look sweet covered in black bedliner. (VX is hip interwebs lingo for vehicross btw, I learnt that today.)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In before the avatar update with unibrow driving the VX...
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:07:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Wraps are 3-4x what you paid for it.
View Quote

And? It's a labor of love. The way I see it, the good deal I got means more money I can justify putting into it. Perhaps I can liquidate a portion of my 22lr
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:10:39 PM EDT
[#36]
my first thought was tiger stripe on the bias.

After looking some more, this is the plan: paint it slate gray, seagull the doors, put some aircraft markings on it, and maybe some fake vents. do it

I've spent hundreds on kits, washes, paints, what have you. Nothing 'restores' black plastic on autos longer than a single summer. Does this stuff actually work?
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:11:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh you know it, I don't know if you recall I used to have an 84 Pontiac shoebox, for a while my avatar was her in the drivers seat
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:15:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When I worked at a motorcycle dealership, I sold a lowered R6 wrapped with pink, white, and black stripperflage to this 6'5+ dude.

That's always an option

Stickerbomb and rust?
STICKER BOMBING A WHOLE CAR?!
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:16:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Screams late 90's/Early 2000's body style, all round and bubbly.  Trail rig it.  I love cheap SUV's.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:16:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I'm honestly surprised that they came with a v6. It's a very small vehicle. A 4 banger would have been fine, but with a 200hp 3.5 it scoots along pretty swell.
View Quote
Yeah they were damn fast for their era.

Local body shop here has had one with color changing paint as their shop vehicle for years
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:25:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:27:36 PM EDT
[#42]
That thing looks cool!
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:34:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

that thing looks awesome
View All Quotes

I dig the second pic. I may try that. Rhino the plastic, paint or wrap the metal.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:40:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Nice. I think those are pretty decent looking aside from the headlights.

I think I have only seen one of those in real life and that one was on a trailer on I10 outside El Paso last June.
I suppose I may have seen them years ago but don't recall.

Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:42:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Those were pretty cool when they came out.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:59:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Always loved those.
View Quote

Me too. Not many were imported. Lucky
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:05:49 PM EDT
[#47]

where can I find one a these?
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:06:33 PM EDT
[#48]
@DegralDan

What you need is Monstaliner:

http://www.monstaliner.com/

If you're on Facebook check out the Monstaliner sponsored group.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:10:03 PM EDT
[#49]
If you decide to sell it, ill take it right NOW!

I have been hunting for one for a shop/promo vehicle for about a year.

I owned one for 5 years from 1999-2004, it was a beast. Oil changes and fuel was all it took to get to 120k. Keep in mind, this carried myself and my friends through 4 crazy years of college
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:13:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Aren't they pretty good offroad?

I'd look into Raptor Liner.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top