BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 2:08:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
BASED. You know the difference between CURRENCY and MONEY. nothing backs the dollar, your gold will make you rich when the dollar collapses.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
BASED. You know the difference between CURRENCY and MONEY. nothing backs the dollar, your gold will make you rich when the dollar collapses.

for historical background own 'owning bullion' and dollar collapses... note that it was a simple executive order. one and done....

Executive Order 6102 is an executive order signed on April 5, 1933, by US President Franklin D. Roosevelt "forbidding the hoarding of gold coin, gold bullion, and gold certificates within the continental United States." The executive order was made under the authority of the Trading with the Enemy Act of 1917, as amended by the Emergency Banking Act in March 1933.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 2:11:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Me too!  And I put it all in my mouth!

Link Posted: 12/7/2022 2:13:05 PM EDT
[#3]
If you did this because some charlatan/predator was screaming about the upcoming apocalypse, get off social media.

I wouldn't have recommended the move
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 2:13:17 PM EDT
[#4]
GD provided the correct advice on pg 1.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 2:13:34 PM EDT
[#5]
There is always the possibility that President Biden declares the US$ return to the $35/oz.gold ratio.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 2:15:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Except there isn’t enough gold backing that paper shit. I would’ve gone physical and miners as a hedge. I just bought a bunch of GLDG (after doing much research and seeing lots of potential not including all the buy ratings) a few months ago well against the advice of my financial advisor who said that was a bad idea. Looks like it was a great call on my part.

Also, physical gold is a hedge, not an investment. People in this thread comparing physical gold to investments haz the dumbz.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 2:19:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Let Me Guess. You listen To WAR ROOM.?
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 2:22:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Not sure if parody thread or genuinely bad decision
View Quote

It's arf gd.  Why not both?
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 2:25:26 PM EDT
[#9]
The level of faith of an imploding system in here is mind boggling. Or its feds posting? Or boomers? Or old guard loyalists? Joe Biden's handlers are not going to stop till the ship is sunk.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 2:26:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The level of faith of an imploding system in here is mind boggling. Or its feds posting? Or boomers? Or old guard loyalists? Joe Biden's handlers are not going to stop till the ship is sunk.
View Quote

Yep the dollar is worthless and becoming more worthless every day
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 2:26:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Serious thread?
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 2:26:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 2:28:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Not sure if parody thread or genuinely bad decision
View Quote

Hard to say

I know enough people who are that clueless that I could see it.

Guy at work cashed in his 401k to buy a boat.

“I’m only losing that money in the market, may as well enjoy it.”
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 2:29:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
There is always the possibility that President Biden declares the US$ return to the $35/oz.gold ratio.
View Quote

That would circumvent current law, which says gold is $42.22222222222/oz. If gold is revalued it will be much much higher to cover the currency supply. Physical federal reserve notes are the first lien against Treasury gold.

Current Valuation of the Federal Reserve Note Relative to Gold
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 2:30:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Dumbass.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 2:32:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah especially during shtf scenarios, everyone will be lining up to trade food and bullets for your shiny metal!
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 2:32:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Gold has underperformed stocks and bonds for the last 100 years...

Why would you do this?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cashed out my 401k. 17k.

Bought gold etf's with it.

I'm hoping this was a good decision. Took me a long time to get that much money.

Maybe I should have gone 50/50 gold/silver?

Why would you do this?

When you invest, are you getting the last 100 years?  Or is it the future that will determine the value of your investment?
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 2:35:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

When you invest, are you getting the last 100 years?  Or is it the future that will determine the value of your investment?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cashed out my 401k. 17k.

Bought gold etf's with it.

I'm hoping this was a good decision. Took me a long time to get that much money.

Maybe I should have gone 50/50 gold/silver?

Why would you do this?

You are 100% correct that you are getting the future but it is worth pointing out when a particular asset class perpetually underperforms.

Nobody gets a crystal ball but we all have access to history.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 2:38:16 PM EDT
[#19]
HA !!!

I saw the direction the market was going early on, so I cashed my 401k in and put it all in fidget spinners.  Yeah, I know their "out" - now.  You just wait.  They'll be back, and I'll be sitting pretty.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 2:41:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Rated troll because no one is that dumb. They could be, that might explain why only $17K in a 401K.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 2:41:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Gold is a hedge against central bank stupidity.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 2:42:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
If you did this because some charlatan/predator was screaming about the upcoming apocalypse, get off social media GD.

I wouldn't have recommended the move
View Quote

FIFY. This is a daily occurrence, sometimes multiple times, in GD.

Wait until the "went to cash" guys check in.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 2:43:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Did you recently suffer a head injury that might have caused you to make such a decision?
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 2:45:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Just one of many stocks to choose from

OP can always sell part of the ETF and purchase other stocks that will perform better
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 2:45:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

That would circumvent current law, which says gold is $42.22222222222/oz. If gold is revalued it will be much much higher to cover the currency supply. Physical federal reserve notes are the first lien against Treasury gold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMJPnXjj6Wk
View Quote

Did they change the legislation authorizing the president to change the price of gold?

That is how Nixon closed the gold window back in 71.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 2:46:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Wait until the "went to cash" guys check in.
View Quote

oooooh is that me,

I went to cash today, then bought back, then went to cash, then bought back, then went to cash, then bought back and so forth and so on

up about 27% for the day

oh that's right, don't time the market......

does it count if my timeframe sometimes is less than 5 minutes????
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 2:48:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Smart move! The 10% 401k early withdrawal penalty can be deducted on your taxes, so that's win-win!
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 2:50:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Doesn't count unless you have pre-33 gold coins buried in your back yard.
View Quote

What specific area of the back yard are we talking about? How deep?
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 2:51:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

It will indeed make you a pattern day trader.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 2:51:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 2:52:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Gold might occasionally have some volatility - but it feels like it is heavily manipulated.  Dollar can tank (with regard to other commodities), and generally gold tends to depress a bit too much with it.  That said, I have never lost money like I have lost it with the stock market.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 2:55:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

oooooh is that me,

I went to cash today, then bought back, then went to cash, then bought back, then went to cash, then bought back and so forth and so on

up about 27% for the day

oh that's right, don't time the market......

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/7/2022 3:04:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Gold might occasionally have some volatility - but it feels like it is heavily manipulated.  Dollar can tank (with regard to other commodities), and generally gold tends to depress a bit too much with it.  That said, I have never lost money like I have lost it with the stock market.
View Quote

If you can determine that a market is heavily manipulated, shouldn’t you be able to determine which side of the market to be on?
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 3:08:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Did they change the legislation authorizing the president to change the price of gold?

That is how Nixon closed the gold window back in 71.
View Quote

no; and Nixon only "temporarily" suspended the convertibility. If you look at the interviews after he closed the gold window, they apparently only intended for it to last 3 months....

Book Value: The Department of the Treasury records U.S. Government owned gold reserve at the values stated in 31 USC § 5116-5117 (statutory rate) which is $42.2222 per Fine Troy Ounce of gold. The market value of the gold reserves based on the London Gold Fixing as of September 30, 2020 was $493.4 billion.

(b)The Secretary shall issue gold certificates against gold transferred under subsection (a) of this section. The Secretary may issue gold certificates against other gold held in the Treasury. The Secretary may prescribe the form and denominations of the certificates. The amount of outstanding certificates may be not more than the value (for the purpose of issuing those certificates, of 42 and two-ninths dollars a fine troy ounce) of the gold held against gold certificates. The Secretary shall hold gold in the Treasury equal to the required dollar amount as security for gold certificates issued after January 29, 1934.

https://www.fiscal.treasury.gov/reports-statements/gold-report/21-02.html

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/31/5117
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 3:09:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Did you pay the withdrawal penalty on the way out or does that come later?
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 3:09:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 3:10:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
When gold hits $5000 try cashing them out for bullion.
View Quote

that sounds    buy high-ish.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 3:11:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Trolling...
View Quote

It's a parody thread (the true "dupe rule" rule) I hope of an earlier thread where some guy was thinking of pulling out of his 401K
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 3:12:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:It's a new paradigm bro
View Quote

I thought that was crypto?
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 3:16:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

fidget spinners, bro
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 3:27:19 PM EDT
[#41]
I hope this is a troll. If not, you are too impulsive to manage your own investments.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 3:29:11 PM EDT
[#42]
This feels like a poors thread..
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 3:31:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

fidget spinners, bro
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

fidget spinners, bro

Nah, nah, nah, fidget spinners is MY game.  I'm gonna corner the market.  You go find your own thing.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 3:39:57 PM EDT
[#44]
In 2009, a 50yr old guy I know, who is a self-professed expert in all things that recently got laid off, cashed out all $50k worth of his 401k in order to pay off $30k in credit card debt, and used the rest to buy an old Hardley.  He didn't have enough cash left over to pay for it in full, so he got an 8% motorcycle loan that was around $12k. It was one of the dumbest things I've ever witnessed.  

But I have to say I think this guy was smarter than OP.  At least he got rid of high interest credit card debt and purchased something he could actually sell if needed.

Paper gold IOUs are more worthless than cash if the shit really does hit the fan.

Link Posted: 12/7/2022 3:41:13 PM EDT
[#45]
It's your funeral.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 3:42:29 PM EDT
[#46]
A whopping $17k in a 401k.

You'd better be under 30.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 3:42:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Cashed out as in took a penalty to remove money from your 401k?  To buy paper gold?  I hope this is a joke post.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 3:48:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
A whopping $17k in a 401k.

You'd better be under 30.
View Quote

Exactly i do more than that per year.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 4:03:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

What specific area of the back yard are we talking about? How deep?
View Quote

Right in the middle. About 6".
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 4:06:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Exactly i do more than that per year.
View Quote

I do more than that per month. Poors disgust me.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top