Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 10:11:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I just stepped (on the arch of my foot) the damn dogs, well chewed Nylabone... it felt like 100 fishhooks in my foot.

What's the worst you've stepped on/experienced?
View Quote

Shiiiiiit.

Threw ours out after stepping on it the second time.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 10:13:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Branded my feet.

Link Posted: 2/23/2017 10:18:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Dog's antler bone thing. Got blood all over the carpet.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 10:21:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Didn't happen to me but it's a rather popular family tale. My dad's side of the family had quite a history of practical jokes; some bordering on the cruel side of the spectrum.

One of the uncles had pulled some sort of stunt on his teenage daughter, in front of her new friends, after just entering high school. At that point in a young person's life, ridicule and embarrassment can come easy enough. So, needless to say, she was not all that pleased with her father for purposefully making that new chapter even more awkward.

She basically stewed all day, plotting her revenge prank. Her dad always stayed up later than the rest of the family, often would fall asleep on the couch, eventually get up, stumble down the hall to use the can, and then head up to bed. It was like clockwork, and would turn out to be his undoing that fateful evening.

After everyone else had gone upstairs for the night, she waited. Sure enough, her dad fell asleep downstairs, in front of the TV, like every other night.  Now, you may be thinking her plot would involve something related to her dad's nightly appointment with the porcelain throne. A good thought, but her plan was far more sinister.

In the hallway leading to the bathroom they had an area rug. It was probably 6-8 feet long, and the bottom was coated with small plastic spikes to keep it in place. I never saw it, but imagine it to be like what's found on the bottom of those desk mats for rolling chairs. Her plan was simple. She quietly crept into the hallway, flipped the rug over, and went back to bed.

Sometime after midnight, everyone in the house awoke to the uncle screaming and cursing up a storm.  When he first hit the "rug", he was still too out of it to comprehend what was going on. So, instead of stopping and backing up, he proceeded to hop and stumble across 6 feet of tiny little tacks.  It took a while for his feet to heal. But his pride, having peed himself a little, took a bit longer to recover.
View Quote

Great story
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 10:28:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Dang.  Reading this I keep grabbing onto the computer chair.  But one hand is on the mouse and the other, the keyboard!
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 10:50:52 PM EDT
[#6]
No blood, gore, or any other physical trauma:

When I was in college we rented the third floor of an old home, the owners occupied the 1st and second floors.

In my room the bed was built up on a platform a bit higher than a normal bed.  It took a bit of a jump and slide to get in the darn thing.

One night late after studies  I did the jump and slide maneuver and felt this odd flappy sensation on the sole of my foot.  Scared the daylights outta me, shot straight up and darn near dug into the ceiling with my fingers., We don't have a lot of creepy crawlys around here, but this fluttery, flappy sensation just had to be bad, real bad .  

Fucking rubber band, caught under my heel and slid down the bed spinning and flapping all the way.  

True Story.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 11:11:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:24:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
4 of these bastards at the same time, they were clustered together on the carpet.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/53037/download-152689.JPG
View Quote

I just looked those up.  Pretty nasty.  I may try to grow them.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:45:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Didn't happen to me but it's a rather popular family tale. My dad's side of the family had quite a history of practical jokes; some bordering on the cruel side of the spectrum.

One of the uncles had pulled some sort of stunt on his teenage daughter, in front of her new friends, after just entering high school. At that point in a young person's life, ridicule and embarrassment can come easy enough. So, needless to say, she was not all that pleased with her father for purposefully making that new chapter even more awkward.

She basically stewed all day, plotting her revenge prank. Her dad always stayed up later than the rest of the family, often would fall asleep on the couch, eventually get up, stumble down the hall to use the can, and then head up to bed. It was like clockwork, and would turn out to be his undoing that fateful evening.

After everyone else had gone upstairs for the night, she waited. Sure enough, her dad fell asleep downstairs, in front of the TV, like every other night.  Now, you may be thinking her plot would involve something related to her dad's nightly appointment with the porcelain throne. A good thought, but her plan was far more sinister.

In the hallway leading to the bathroom they had an area rug. It was probably 6-8 feet long, and the bottom was coated with small plastic spikes to keep it in place. I never saw it, but imagine it to be like what's found on the bottom of those desk mats for rolling chairs. Her plan was simple. She quietly crept into the hallway, flipped the rug over, and went back to bed.

Sometime after midnight, everyone in the house awoke to the uncle screaming and cursing up a storm.  When he first hit the "rug", he was still too out of it to comprehend what was going on. So, instead of stopping and backing up, he proceeded to hop and stumble across 6 feet of tiny little tacks.  It took a while for his feet to heal. But his pride, having peed himself a little, took a bit longer to recover.
View Quote

Nice!
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:14:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I just stepped (on the arch of my foot) the damn dogs, well chewed Nylabone... it felt like 100 fishhooks in my foot.

View Quote

I stepped on a sewing pin which was straight up as a kid.  It went all the way in.  My parents weren't there, so I crawled to the garage to get pliers to pull it out with.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:37:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
4 of these bastards at the same time, they were clustered together on the carpet.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/53037/download-152689.JPG
View Quote

Surely one of satan's deviant creations
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:45:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It took a while for his feet to heal. But his pride, having peed himself a little, took a bit longer to recover.
View Quote

- Jesus
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:59:49 AM EDT
[#13]

This.  You haven't lived until you've stepped on one of these at four am.  Weapons grade...
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 2:01:44 AM EDT
[#14]

I've had some experiences with these, too.  The top one is just a warm up.  The bottom one is like having a nice, big cigar put out on the bottom of your foot....for several hours.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 2:04:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

In before someone says glass or "I stepped on a pop top".
View Quote

In my defense, I had just blown out my flip flop

I cut damn my  heel and had to head back home.

But there was booze in the blender...

Txl
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 2:06:56 AM EDT
[#16]
3rd post nailed it. Step on a jacks and get back to me.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 2:17:11 AM EDT
[#17]
When I was 7 or 8 I lived just outside of Anchorage. We were having some sort of function at the house and a friend and I went out side and were walking through the woods down the street from my house. We were on a quasi path that ran next to a creek. We probably got a 1/4 mile or so from the house when one of us stepped on a yellow jacket nest. We were both stung a few times. I think I got it 7 times and she got 20 or so. She started freaking out yelling that she was allergic and we needed to get back asap!

We took off running and at some point I decided to get out of the woods and head toward the road, so I cut through the trees and then through a lot that was cleared. They had just started building a house there a bout a week earlier. We were almost to the road when it happened.

I was in full stride in a dead sprint when my right foot landed on a small piece of plywood with a framing nail sticking up. It went right through my foot. I mean like all the way through. It came out the top of my shoe, and it fucking stuck there. I was runner my so hard that I took a few more steps before I fully realized what happened. At that point, I crashed.

I don't fully remember getting home. I'm pretty sure my friend just kept going and one of the adults came out to get me. I do remember that it totally sucked. I sat on the counter by the bathroom sink as my mom pulled the nail out, took off my shoe and sock, then proceeded to soak my foot in peroxide and iodine. It all stung.

I can still feel it whe I think about it.

My friend had to go to the hospital.

Other than that. The worst thing I've stepped on is a piece of fabric that my wife was using as a pin cushion. Had a couple dozen pins in it and a few of them buried themselves into the arch of my foot. It was not a pleasant experience.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 2:27:09 AM EDT
[#18]
I have kids that like logos, I rarely walk barefoot (ok, parents drilled that into my head, was not allowed to walk bearfoot as a kid).  I have learned however a number of things that will punch right through the bottom of crocks.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 2:27:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
2 nails at once sticking out of a 2x4
Chipped a bone, tendon, nerve and muscle damage
Took 6 months for it to quit aching every day but it still gets sore if I walk very far
View Quote

Is that the story behind you username?
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 8:35:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
My personal story happened years ago, body surfing in West Palm Beach while a hurricane was working its way up the coast. Waves were great, the undertow was VERY strong. all was great, then at the end of a nice wave, I stood up and I stepped on something that felt "odd". Had the feel, sensation and resistance of ripping burlap. It was a hook attached to a commercial fishing line (the kind that have multiple hooks on the same line). The hook was roughly the diameter of a metal coat hanger wire. It imbedded in bone, and the entire mess swept me off me feet, dragging me out in the undertow. God know what else was on the line, I imagine something bigger than me heading for deeper water. If it weren't for a couple guys who dragged me up on the beach, and wrangled the line...I would have drowned.

The life guards showed up and said "don't worry, we see fish hooks all the ti....OH MY GOOOD, get him to the hospital". They cut the line, and rushed me off. Got the same reaction in the ER. Felt like a screwdriver stuck through my foot. Removal was an unpleasant experience.

I still have the reminants of the hook.
View Quote

Reading that churned my stomach.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 8:38:59 AM EDT
[#21]
I have stepped on a board with a very large nail sticking out of it.  That was not a nice experience!
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 8:52:06 AM EDT
[#22]
I kicked the tubular frame of bench press bench. It went right in between my toes. Ouch !

Link Posted: 2/24/2017 8:53:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 8:55:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Big Bird's big ole pecker.  
Punched a hole right thru my heel.

Link Posted: 2/24/2017 8:56:27 AM EDT
[#25]
I once jammed a toothpick halfway into the bottom of my foot. Which hurt. Then, when I pulled it out, I noticed the tip had broke off. It got nice and infected before I could get it looked at and that last bit removed.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 8:58:21 AM EDT
[#26]
None of you have/had little boys who liked to leave toy airplanes strategically placed around the house?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:01:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
2 nails at once sticking out of a 2x4
Chipped a bone, tendon, nerve and muscle damage
Took 6 months for it to quit aching every day but it still gets sore if I walk very far
View Quote

Same but they were ring shank nails.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:18:28 AM EDT
[#28]
Kids and dogs have really made me appreciate my l.l.bean slippers.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:24:03 AM EDT
[#29]
It wasn't me but I saw it happen. In high school I always had some type of class that involved the pool. Everyone knows the rules of the pool, NO GLASS! Some dumb ass brought one of those Arizona tea clear glass bottles and of course it broke. Got the glass cleaned up except for the bottom disk with a nice sharp triangular splinter sticking up. A barefoot kid stepped on that thing and of course slipped. Not only did it puncture up the side of the heel but when they slipped the glass almost cut the side of their heel off. That was a bloody mess.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:30:17 AM EDT
[#30]
I once stepped on a nail that had backed out of the floor. The head went through my foot and came out the top. Stepping down on it and looking down was bad, but picking my foot up and pulling it out is what sucked.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:35:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Loose christmas ball hooks in the carpet..... Lego are cake to walk on after that.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:38:10 AM EDT
[#32]
Swimming in a Kentucky river as a young teenager. There were freshwater clams on the river bottom that were orientated straight up.  I kicked one and split my big toe to the bone. No ER, just wrapped and bandaged it tight.  It took forever to heal.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:44:29 AM EDT
[#33]

Beat me to it.  Indoor caltrops.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 10:00:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Step on one of these in the grass with bare feet.  Fun times.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 10:02:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 10:05:52 AM EDT
[#36]
I've stepped on boards with nails a couple of times, it hurt but was more of a dull pain. Stepped on a broken off neck of a beer bottle once that cut a jagged circle in my foot, that hurt too but the worst part of that one was I had to cancel a river trip. Being a machinist I sometimes tend to carry home a few shavings in my hair or clothes that  always seem to wind up in my feet. Just last week I had to pull a piece of brass out of my big toe that I stepped on in the hall right after I got out of bed, it's still sore.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 10:10:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Knee a Draw Tite hitch while in a hurry to load a pickup and get back to me.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 10:11:02 AM EDT
[#38]
I once stepped on a belt buckle on the floor...the middle prong was sticking up.  Went right into my foot.  I'd have gladly taken a lego 5 times instead.

Link Posted: 2/24/2017 10:11:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Do you people not look where you walk?
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 10:13:57 AM EDT
[#40]
Stepped on a princess crown in the middle of the night.
Had to squeeze the plastic spike out of my heel.
Woke the house from screaming.
Blood everywhere
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 10:17:16 AM EDT
[#41]
A 3 blade muzzy broadhead that i had just dropped and took a step back looking for it.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 10:19:40 AM EDT
[#42]
Jax, legos, bee, fire ants, broken glass, nail, razor sharp shells... omg fresh gravel still sharp as hell sucks too

ETA I kicked a boot knife that had fallen on the floor.... I wound up in the ER with stitches from that one
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 10:31:39 AM EDT
[#43]

Came to post this!!!
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 10:32:49 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 10:52:58 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I kicked the tubular frame of bench press bench. It went right in between my toes. Ouch !

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/161250/IMG-5151-152927.jpg
View Quote
 I've done that on my little toe with a minor tear, yours... that hurts just looking at it
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 10:59:59 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:19:37 AM EDT
[#47]
My son left Chewbacca laying on the floor.  I stepped on him in the dark at 3:45 am one morning and fell on his sister's art desk.  Paper, markers and crayons went everywhere.  Now I just make sure I have a path cleared every night after the kids go to bed.  I gave up on making them keep their toys picked up.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:21:51 AM EDT
[#48]
Anyone have a little kid into Shopkins? Those little bastards hurt worse than a Lego block.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:27:33 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
These are why we rarely walk around barefoot in the backyard. http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-pDX-XOhv9hI/UH6_vRGPPTI/AAAAAAAAAKI/M1pJo5kZLJs/s1600/DSC04225.JPG
View Quote
I forgot about gum drop seed pods. Those indeed hurt, less than goats heads, Lego, and Nylabone
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:29:40 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
These are why we rarely walk around barefoot in the backyard. http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-pDX-XOhv9hI/UH6_vRGPPTI/AAAAAAAAAKI/M1pJo5kZLJs/s1600/DSC04225.JPG
View Quote

I have these:

Attachment Attached File

Honey locust.  Shoes don't help much.  
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top