Page / 4
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 7:18:43 PM EDT
[#1]
What a retard.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 7:19:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 7:21:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Does this douche have any other social media we can check out? Twitter? Facebook? Instagram?
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 7:21:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What a retard.
View Quote

This. Especially if he thinks the left would only stop after banning "assault weapons" and leave his pistol and CCW permit alone.

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 7:21:41 PM EDT
[#5]
What Assault Weapon did Carlos Hathcock use to kill all the VC and NVA with?
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 7:21:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

He says that as a veteran, so only he is qualified to decide if "assault weapons" are suitable for the general public to own.  

He says that they are not for target shooting and sport.

What a moron.

How do these fucking liberal assholes think that they are going to win the public over by blathering incoherently?
View Quote

I am fine with not saying that they are for target shooting or sport...

In keeping with the 2nd Amendment those two activities are not protected reasons.   They just happen to be fringe benefits to owning firearms for the true intended purpose...  self defense.

Self defense in it's most pure form is combat.    Combat situations call for arms suitable for combat and NOT sport.    I dont want to take a freaking 22lr biathalon rifle into a self defense situation.   But being able to take a self defense rifle into a sporting situation is a great advantage.

Permitting these assholes to use "sport" as an excuse shall not stand and we should stop giving them ground by trying to say our rifles are for sport.    It is a secondary use or of lesser importance.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 7:23:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Whoever Todd Scandrett is....that's how you write a rebuttal.

Good damn job Todd!
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 7:30:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Fuck that guy.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 7:33:22 PM EDT
[#9]
"Not mentally strategic enough..."

Tells me all I need to know about this fellow's intellect.

Plenty of veterans here disagree, plus many more have read the Bill of Rights.  So fuck you very much. Stick your uninformed opinions where the sun don't shine.

My old man volunteered to spend a shitload more time in Vietnam than you, and he put an AR in my hands and showed me how to take it apart, put it back together again, and shoot it when I was in elementary school.  His opinion was pretty much the opposite of yours.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 7:34:18 PM EDT
[#10]
once you bring up "sport" your argument goes out the window.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 7:34:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Those posts are always made up by a lib.

Lies and more lies.

It's what they do.
View Quote

100%
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 7:37:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

He says that as a veteran, so only he is qualified to decide if "assault weapons" are suitable for the general public to own.  

What a moron.

How do these fucking liberal assholes think that they are going to win the public over by blathering incoherently?
View Quote

If you watch TV, ever worked in retail, or more specifically have visited Tumblr/Twitter, you will see that humans are very dumb.

Very, so very fucking dumb. A single facebook post will be as fact to a liberal if it sounds good to them. They will vote accordingly.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 7:39:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Some veterans are fucksticks.

This guy is a shining example.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 7:42:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

If you watch TV, ever worked in retail, or more specifically have visited Tumblr/Twitter, you will see that humans are very dumb.

Very, so very fucking dumb. A single facebook post will be as fact to a liberal if it sounds good to them. They will vote accordingly.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What a moron.

On the Twitter the other day I saw a guy saying that, as long as you were acting in good faith, mishandling TS info was okay and acceptable. His veteran dad and currently serving son (Marine) told him so.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 7:48:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The entire point of the Second Amendment is to make people dangerous. That's why it's there.

Thanks for your useless opinion, guy.
View Quote

This right here.  
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 7:49:41 PM EDT
[#16]
He's getting loved tenderly in the comments, the fucking traitor.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 7:51:01 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
The AR-15 is not an assault weapon. The AR-15 is not an M-16.

One thing is not like the other.

It’s called knowledge – useful when you’re forming opinions and making decisions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Probably a dupe

John S. Butler owns a construction company in Denver, N.C.  I am sure NCHTF will let this guys views be known.
Bite me and blow my dog you fudd traitor (now that the formalities are out of the way).

It’s time we expect more from our politicians, and be more responsible ourselves. I’m starting here.

Left cold:  http://www.charlotteobserver.com/opinion/op-ed/article85358432.html

It’s called knowledge – useful when you’re forming opinions and making decisions.
Facts and knowledge are no longer required by today's modern man in the formation of opinions and while taking decisions.

Know how I know you're not in the mainstream of today's American citizen resident?

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 7:57:12 PM EDT
[#18]

OEF5 Veteran and yeah, I've seen the effects.

Shall not be infringed. Go fuck yourself Ms. Butler, you pompous self righteous prick.

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 8:16:08 PM EDT
[#19]
STFU

Come back when you know what being an American means.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 8:21:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I do believe mister butler needs to be introduced to The Streisand Effect.

I wonder if his clients know his stance on the 2nd?

ETA:

Atlantic Coast Contractors Inc
7680 Townsend Drive
Denver, NC 28037
Phone: (704) 483-7120
Web: www.atlanticcoastcontractors.net
View Quote

Just added him to my company's black list.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 8:27:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Strong smell of bullshit there.

I wonder what his DD214 really says.

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 8:29:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Probably a "combat veteran" like Algore was.

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 8:29:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

homo?
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 8:42:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Somebody is needing some attention. Thank god for social media or these people would have to leave the house for it. Oh, and thanks for your non-voluntary service.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 8:43:54 PM EDT
[#25]
SO DANGEROUS
NOT FOR TARGET SHOOTING
NOT ACCURATE
CIVILIANS CAN'T HANDLE

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 8:46:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Tis better to be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt.  
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 8:47:52 PM EDT
[#27]
I bet that asshat doesn't realize he's in a TINY minority.

Most veterans love the hell out of AR's and don't have a dipshittastic "we're smarter than you" attitude toward civilian ownership like this fuck clown.

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 9:01:52 PM EDT
[#28]
IF you see this I thank you for your service and conscern.

Now go back to doing whatever you were doing with your head stuck deeply in your ass. Good Day
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 9:08:03 PM EDT
[#29]
What a lying piece of shiite....

We are the victims of countless terrorist attacks from the middle east and home grown jiihadis....if that doesn't trip your trigger try doing a little cursory investigation of the numbers and kinds of violent
crimes committed in this country by illegal aliens everyday...their victims often women and children...

The borders are wide open...violent illegal aliens are being released from prisons on both sides of the border....100s of millions will have poured through in short order...

MS-13 MS-18 Marasalvatruca,the Narco cartels from a 100 different countries are taking up residence in America...and they are packing and using serious modern day weapons.

The USA is becoming an increasingly dangerous place to live especially for kids...

The only hope we have is an armed citizenry of decent responsible citizens....with modern firearms...

I am a combat vet and I approve this post
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 9:09:39 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

What a lying piece of shiite....
View Quote

There's nothing worse than the "I support the 2nd Amendment but I happen to be a giant anti-gun piece of fucking shit who thinks the 2nd Amendment protects your right to duck hunt with a single shot" crowd.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 9:45:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one and yours is all that really matters to you.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 9:53:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I have a concealed carry permit just in case I need it – not to carry routinely.  

How do you know when you're going to need it?
If you dont carry regularly and feel the need to carry occasionally, you probably really shouldn't be going whereever that is in the first place.
Thank you for your service to our country but you're a fucking idiot.

View Quote

Yep, he's an idiot.  But with concealed permit creds he can push his point a little further with people who dont know better.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 10:03:42 PM EDT
[#33]
First, fuck you guy.

Second, this POS does not represent typical NC views.

Third, guarantee you this fuck stick is a transplant.

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 10:03:55 PM EDT
[#34]
I have a friend who is in 2nd Rangers tell me that there was no place for AR15s outside of the military and law enforcement. I felt so let down, he's nothing like Mat Best
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 10:06:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I honestly can't think of enough ways to tell that guy to go fuck himself.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 10:06:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Might want to read that oath again Sparky.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 10:14:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Probably a dupe

John S. Butler owns a construction company in Denver, N.C.  I am sure NCHTF will let this guys views be known.

Bite me and blow my dog you fudd traitor (now that the formalities are out of the way).

Family and friends have convinced me it’s time to speak out. All the rhetoric and boasting swirling around social media about gun rights and gun control is so loud and, at times, irresponsible that it’s becoming meaningless.

I am calling on veterans who have served in active combat – lived and almost died depending on the assault weapon strapped to your body – to speak out. We are the people who have true insight on this issue. Without wealth and connections to keep a deferment, I was drafted and in active combat for a year in Vietnam from Nov. 1967 to Nov. 1968. During the Tet offensive in Jan. ’68, some of the worst fighting in the war, I was frequently in first-hand combat along the Mekong River and through the rice paddies in the delta radioing coordinates for artillery firepower.

Assault weapons are just that: for assault. They are not for the general public to play at target practice or use for sport. They are too dangerous. The general public is not trained sufficiently nor mentally strategic enough to understand their raw power. They should be in the hands of only the military and tactical, highly trained law enforcement.

Disagree with me? If you’re a veteran and served in active combat with an assault weapon, I value your opinion – even if it differs from mine. If you’re simply a gun enthusiast who believes it’s your inalienable right to play with assault weapons, I don’t value it because you really don’t understand the consequences – you haven’t witnessed them. If that’s who you are and what you want, join the military and be useful with that.

I believe in the Second Amendment. I own a gun. I have a concealed carry permit just in case I need it – not to carry routinely. What’s the old saying ... if you carry around a hammer, you’re always looking for a nail?

I also understand the Second Amendment’s purpose when it was written and the state of weaponry when it was created. It’s called perspective – useful when you’re forming opinions and making decisions.

I call out our N.C. senators in Washington who consistently vote against stricter background checks, reinstating the assault weapons ban, and not preventing people on the terrorist watch list from buying guns. I’m amazed that politicians like Thom Tillis accept immense amounts of NRA donations and think we don’t understand that compromises the way he votes. I may not have gotten a college degree because I was fighting a war, but I’m smart enough to figure that out.

It’s time we expect more from our politicians, and be more responsible ourselves. I’m starting here.

Left cold:  http://www.charlotteobserver.com/opinion/op-ed/article85358432.html

View Quote

Suspiciously sounds like he never encountered the enemy Nor fired his weapon in combat.

Kinda like lawyers who become a cop for a year so they can claim they know what they are talking about ;)
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 10:17:56 PM EDT
[#38]
So he served in Vietnam for a year, and that makes him an expert?  I've been shooting AR15s, and variants, since the 1980s.  I spent, what can be added up to months, out in the field hunting rabbits and coyotes just with a Valmet M76 in 5.56.  Setting up my buddy's Galil on a mountain top, picking off jack rabbits a few hundred yards away was also an almost weekly past time in the desert north of Los Angeles.  Add to it, the Bushmasters, Colts and Armalite rifles we shot weekly, and hunted with constantly.  Heck, I have one buddy who hunted coyotes exclusively with a Daewoo for at least a couple of years.

None of us served in the military, but we sure as hell have more time shooting, and more experience, with AR15, and variant rifles, than this dumbass does.  

Eric  

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 10:18:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Hey, that's the town I grew up in!

Never heard of this dumb ass though.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 10:20:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Was that written by a 12 year old?

Sure reads that way.

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 10:21:14 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm so sick of these so called "Veteran" who are for gun control.
I served 13 years as an MP in the Army and I learned more in a couple training classes than all my time in the Military.
Anymore a days, Civilians with proper training are more competent to own and shoot ARs than some, dare I say most,  Military guys I have known.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 10:26:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Those posts are always made up by a lib.

Lies and more lies.

It's what they do.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 10:32:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Be sure to comment on his "opinion". Have at it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Be sure to comment on his "opinion". Have at it.

People are having at it. Thought this one was particularly good.
Jeremy Keen · Dallas, Texas
My status as a veteran aside, you probably know a fraction of what the typical American "gun nut" knows about the very firearms on which you're claiming to be an expert. I can also confidently state that the VAST majority of combat veterans do not share your opinion and would likely call you a dumbass to your face. You should stop pretending that you know the meaning of the Second Amendment because you very obviously do not. You are parroting the classic anti-gun rhetoric which seeks to apply the Second Amendment only to the weaponry available at the time it was written. If that were true, would not the First Amendment apply only to quill and paper? One of the most important rules of business ownership is to avoid politics. I hope this article costs you a lot of money in lost customers because, frankly, you need to learn an expensive lesson about what happens when you very publicly share a condescending-as-hell opinion about a polarizing issue.

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 10:35:38 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm a 11B10 with 12 months experience in Green Hell 1967-1969.  This fuckstick can go blow a goat.  I've had enough experience to tell you this guy is full of shit.  This is about terrorists and liberals trying to turn the conversation into banning guns.  They will start with Modern Sporting Rifles but we all know that's not where this will stop.  This is more of the progressive mantra "Never let a crisis go to waste."  Too many good men and women have sacrificed their entire existence to insure that "The Bill of Rights" was and is preserved.  Yes, we need to keep terrorists from getting there hands on guns.  You don't accomplish that by denying American citizens their rights.  The Right to Bear Arms, the Right to Freedom of Expression, the Right to Due Process are as sacred as any scripture, and only tyrants and traitors seek to deny to our citizens those protections.  

I'm an old man now my kids are grown and gone.  But I'd gladly sacrifice all that I have to defend the country I love and the oath that I swore 50 years ago.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 11:01:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:]

View Quote

The AR-15 is the M16 (or M4), not sure why this distinction is claimed. Sure, the AR-15 cannot fire in full auto or 3 round bursts but is that really a big deal? I do not agree with the guy the OP quoted but claiming the AR-15 is not an M-16 is a fools errand; we need different tactics. Full auto does not make the rifle more lethal it makes it less lethal. If you want to kill mass numbers of folks in a building (Orlando. San Bernadino, etc) you go semi auto.

We do need to educate the public on what things like 'semi auto' and 'assault weapons' need to be better defined for the uneducated public. But using arguments like the above will quickly take us to a dead end.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 7:25:40 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

The AR-15 is the M16 (or M4), not sure why this distinction is claimed. Sure, the AR-15 cannot fire in full auto or 3 round bursts but is that really a big deal? I do not agree with the guy the OP quoted but claiming the AR-15 is not an M-16 is a fools errand; we need different tactics. Full auto does not make the rifle more lethal it makes it less lethal. If you want to kill mass numbers of folks in a building (Orlando. San Bernadino, etc) you go semi auto.

We do need to educate the public on what things like 'semi auto' and 'assault weapons' need to be better defined for the uneducated public. But using arguments like the above will quickly take us to a dead end.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:]

Seriously, you don't think the difference between full auto and semi auto is quite significant and makes a similar looking gun into something entirely different?
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 7:32:58 AM EDT
[#47]
Fuck you asshole, I grew up and lived until a young 30 year old adult in one of the most violent crime areas in the entire USA.

Fuck you you military condescending asshole fucking prick.

I know violence of a different kind and have seen it all my fucking old life.

Condescending motherfucking prick.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 10:07:16 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I'm a 11B10 with 12 months experience in Green Hell 1967-1969.  This fuckstick can go blow a goat.  I've had enough experience to tell you this guy is full of shit.  This is about terrorists and liberals trying to turn the conversation into banning guns.  They will start with Modern Sporting Rifles but we all know that's not where this will stop.  This is more of the progressive mantra "Never let a crisis go to waste."  Too many good men and women have sacrificed their entire existence to insure that "The Bill of Rights" was and is preserved.  Yes, we need to keep terrorists from getting there hands on guns.  You don't accomplish that by denying American citizens their rights.  The Right to Bear Arms, the Right to Freedom of Expression, the Right to Due Process are as sacred as any scripture, and only tyrants and traitors seek to deny to our citizens those protections.  

I'm an old man now my kids are grown and gone.  But I'd gladly sacrifice all that I have to defend the country I love and the oath that I swore 50 years ago.
View Quote

Thank you for your service, I am younger than you but only by a few years, the Vietnam draft ended just as I was eligible and I did not serve.  I was not familiar with Green Hell 1967- 1968 I just read up on the topic.

Well stated;

This is about terrorists and liberals trying to turn the conversation into banning guns. They will start with Modern Sporting Rifles but we all know that's not where this will stop. This is more of the progressive mantra "Never let a crisis go to waste." Too many good men and women have sacrificed their entire existence to insure that "The Bill of Rights" was and is preserved. Yes, we need to keep terrorists from getting there hands on guns. You don't accomplish that by denying American citizens their rights. The Right to Bear Arms, the Right to Freedom of Expression, the Right to Due Process are as sacred as any scripture, and only tyrants and traitors seek to deny to our citizens those protections.

Link Posted: 6/24/2016 10:22:23 AM EDT
[#49]
He suggests that the m16 was an assault weapons for assault, but from the stories that I've been told in my family it was mostly used in FA as suppressing fire while disengaging. Maybe I just got caught up in one story as a kid but that is what my uncle used to say.

Aka: Defensive weapon.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 10:36:15 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
What Assault Weapon did Carlos Hathcock use to kill all the VC and NVA with?
View Quote

His cunning, skill and his finger.
The tool doesn't matter.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top