Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 10:55:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Well going thru the fucking hassle of getting airline tickets American to but Fromtier back with surfboards and all the fees and luggage rules only for Surfline forecast to be bullshit after you drop $156 a day for hotel, car rental and airline ticket to Puerto Rico divided by 4 days when the waves are 6 foot fair condition instead of the 15 feet good condition Surfline {that you pay $99 a year} for their surf reports and half their beach cameras don't work, sucks ass.

Guy I know went up to Vermont to ski instead but it's iced the fuck out up there. Holy shit the MSRP on ski boots and skis these days $1500 USD fir new skis is crazy but then custom surfboards run that much plus $130 on fins or $200 fir big wave fins
View Quote
Vermont is a waste of time this year. Almost no natural snow.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 10:55:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

ski gondola bj was best chick, vicky
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 10:55:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
What kind of poor doesn't own his own ski in/out chalet?
View Quote

one that doesnt want to be stuck on the mountain with hang a rounds.  So boring
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 10:56:02 AM EDT
[#4]
America is the only country where it's the poorest people who are obese.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 10:56:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

While deciding to only be amongst the wealthy is a bit pretentious, there’s validity in deciding not to be around low class individuals.

They’re full of poor choices, live in squalor, are typically fat and frankly, are dumb.

White trash, ghetto blacks, barrio Hispanics.  They’re all bad.  I stay away from them.  I was in a Dollar General yesterday and was just disgusted.  People have all the opportunity to be great, but they choose to be shiftless, fat and dumb.
View Quote

Absolutely 100% nail on the head. It’s not pretentious to not want to live around a lower socioeconomic class. They do and say stupid stuff all the time and generally hate people that don’t.

Going to a ski town in Colorado where you have locals treating tourists like second class citizens doesn’t bother me one bit when compared to going to Houston or San Antonio or Dallas where going downtown is like running down Route Irish and the locals don’t just hate me, they are apex predators that will kill me for no reason.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 10:56:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
OP wants to be Chevy Chase, but comes off as Rodney Dangerfield.
View Quote

actually making people laugh is a hell of a thing, it usually gets you into cool pl;aces with cool people
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 10:58:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
America is the only country where it's the poorest people who are obese.
View Quote

A century or so ago it was the opposite here.  It was a sign of prosperity to be a fatass.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 10:58:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

because its not worth my time, because i dont care.  but concern noted, and thanks, Im having a blast
View Quote

I mean it is kinda weird and lame to need validation from a bunch of dude online right? Growing up next to Tahoe most of my life the slopes and people it brought were always entertaining.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 10:58:43 AM EDT
[#9]
This is a funny thread. A lot of people are insulted because OP hit home/struck a nerve. He's right too. Skiing is great and a big part of why is because of who is not there. All of the best hobbies, trips, and vacations are better because of who is not there - just like the best places to live. My best vacations, by far, were ski trips. Not sorry either.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 10:59:42 AM EDT
[#10]

i just watched that scene!!!

so awesome
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 10:59:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
OP wants to be Chevy Chase, but comes off as Rodney Dangerfield.
View Quote

OP does not stomp the landing…
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 10:59:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Again, being a pretentious douche has nothing to do with money. I grew up poor, dirt poor. Now that I have money, I don’t flaunt it or rub it in other’s faces. Last year I donated over 10K to charity. You sound like the little trust fund babies I would beat up growing up because that acted like you. All insecure, having to try attention yourself, look at me, I am better than people.
View Quote

My nephew spent 3x that just feeding his manatees last year
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 10:59:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
have no idea what any of this means but keep rockin' there, dood.
View Quote

Retail prices on gear, bad surf reports you have to pay for, airline rules and fees for surfboards $100 to $150 usually each way unless it’s Quanta’s airlines or United to LAX and ski gear prices are insane. Just prices and gambling conditions will be good after you spend $ and after all that it’s crowded even the all time surfing GOAT Kelly Slater calls Cloudbreak a premier surf spot Crowdbreak is his nickname for it
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 11:01:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

A century or so ago it was the opposite here.  It was a sign of prosperity to be a fatass.
View Quote

in third world shitholes this is still the case
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 11:01:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
This is a funny thread. A lot of people are insulted because OP hit home/struck a nerve. He's right too. Skiing is great and a big part of why is because of who is not there. All of the best hobbies, trips, and vacations are better because of who is not there - just like the best places to live. My best vacations, by far, were ski trips. Not sorry either.
View Quote
The truth.  Testify!
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 11:01:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

i just watched that scene!!!

so awesome
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/11/2024 11:02:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

We know.  We're just giving OP a hard time because of his attitude.  You CAN enjoy "nice" areas (free from riffraff) without being a typical snob.  Humility is generally a good thing.

ETA: My current AO is FULL of "poor-ish" types.  I get dirty looks from them in places like Home Depot for daring to wear a collared shirt sometimes...   I don't care.  I live where I never have to see/hear them.  I do hate going to the stores sometimes though...
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 11:02:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I mean it is kinda weird and lame to need validation from a bunch of dude online right? Growing up next to Tahoe most of my life the slopes and people it brought were always entertaining.
View Quote

validation, you mean poking fun right

validation from the internet is for karens after a glass of wine
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 11:02:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

You aren’t wrong.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 11:03:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Sunday, bro. Too many jerkoffs.  I ski weekdays to avoid as much poors as possible, plus thats when kids skii.

Today its steak day/ hotub/ early night, monday will be slay day.  If i get any sanitized pics I will post

View Quote

We always did 1st thing Sunday AM for a bit.  Most people that got in Friday night were too hung over and sore to open the lift lines but always stopped around 10-10-30 then go back out for the last hour or 2.

Monday-Wednesday are for sure the best days for actual skiing.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 11:03:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

We know.  We're just giving OP a hard time because of his attitude.  You CAN enjoy "nice" areas (free from riffraff) without being a typical snob.  Humility is generally a good thing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's all just good harmless fun.

Link Posted: 2/11/2024 11:04:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

this,  I never went on a beach spring break in college, always skied.

went 1 yr after college, omg fat drunk stupid bitches, very diverse mixture of overcrowded retards.

I will only go to private or resort beaches
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 11:05:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 11:05:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 11:05:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Vermont is a waste of time this year. Almost no natural snow.
View Quote

Dude dropped like almost 2 grand on new ski boots and skis that he took to Vermont with those conditions lol
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 11:06:21 AM EDT
[#26]
That is impressive finding that many douchebags posting to instagram all in one place.  

Link Posted: 2/11/2024 11:06:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I almost tripped on some pot needles this morning. Damn people and their plants and freedom. Smfh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aUGBT1DZDI
View Quote

Oooh, edgy.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 11:06:57 AM EDT
[#28]
We have what I would call an associated experience of what OP describes by owning a boat.

The places we go where there is only other boat people are sort of like what OP is describing.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 11:07:08 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
again, being a pretentious douche has nothing to do with money. I grew up poor, dirt poor. Now that I have money, I don’t flaunt it or rub it in other’s faces. Last year I donated over 10K to charity. You sound like the little trust fund babies I would beat up growing up because that acted like you. All insecure, having to try attention yourself, look at me, I am better than people.
View Quote

due thats sad, really sad.  I hope you find peace, if you dont it will kill you
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 11:08:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

this guy gets it
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

While deciding to only be amongst the wealthy is a bit pretentious, there’s validity in deciding not to be around low class individuals.

They’re full of poor choices, live in squalor, are typically fat and frankly, are dumb.

White trash, ghetto blacks, barrio Hispanics.  They’re all bad.  I stay away from them.  I was in a Dollar General yesterday and was just disgusted.  People have all the opportunity to be great, but they choose to be shiftless, fat and dumb.

this guy gets it

Going in a Dollar General says otherwise
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 11:08:30 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 11:09:18 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Monday-Wednesday are for sure the best days for actual skiing.
View Quote

truth
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 11:10:02 AM EDT
[#33]
So many rich thins.

Record Breaking Line At Whistler Blackcomb Ski Resort April 2023
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 11:10:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I want to quit snowboarding and reassemble my peak 1980s ski outfit:

Padded Demetre sweater and Descente slalom pants.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/285/DB789A25-CB19-4188-B625-EEF01985E999-3125445.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/285/042D3651-258F-43F1-B2BD-8DC4C0F6E8ED-3125446.jpg

It was a better time…
View Quote

I got some Spyder stuff at Ski Chalet cause it was on sale back then - 80s / 90s

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 11:11:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I want to quit snowboarding and reassemble my peak 1980s ski outfit:

Padded Demetre sweater and Descente slalom pants.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/285/DB789A25-CB19-4188-B625-EEF01985E999-3125445.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/285/042D3651-258F-43F1-B2BD-8DC4C0F6E8ED-3125446.jpg

It was a better time…
View Quote

Im rockin 90s mountain climbing top (not florescent) wool pants and maui jims

bring back the past
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 11:11:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Vacationing in Nosara, Costa Rica will achieve similar results.

A yoga and surfing community is a good looking community.
View Quote

Pavones was 6 foot glassy earlier this month but I didn’t make it.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 11:11:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Dude dropped like almost 2 grand on new ski boots and skis that he took to Vermont with those conditions lol
View Quote

ooofff
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 11:11:47 AM EDT
[#38]
Scumbag snowboarder checking in. I haven’t read the entire thread. Did I miss anything?
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 11:12:21 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 11:12:35 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Except for all of the stoned boarders who make the mountain and lifts smell like skunk....
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/11/2024 11:13:07 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I'm guessing those are two- or three-day lift tickets. If not, WOW.
View Quote

Hell no.

Even local little hills (with 60 year old lifts) around here are 75/day on weekends.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 11:13:30 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 11:14:17 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
We have what I would call an associated experience of what OP describes by owning a boat.

The places we go where there is only other boat people are sort of like what OP is describing.
View Quote

yep, and when you know you know

real boat "people" are awesome
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 11:15:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Going in a Dollar General says otherwise
View Quote

meh, go in DG buy a cart of food for a struggling mom,  you'll get any all attention you ever needed
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 11:15:46 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Im rockin 90s mountain climbing top (not florescent) wool pants and maui jims

bring back the past
View Quote

My 80s sunglasses were Vuarnet then Bolle but these days was Maui Jim but switched to $75 AAFES military exchange $75 Oakley Holbrook XL and Smith Lowdowns for $75 out of fear of loss, theft or damage. Had some shit stolen at South Tahoe
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 11:16:36 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Vacationing in Nosara, Costa Rica will achieve similar results.

A yoga and surfing community is a good looking community.
View Quote

yoga chicks are amazing, very open community

If you can do you, or at least try as a guy=pure money
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 11:17:33 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
All of the obnoxious, whiny, and generally spoiled rich women are my least favorite part. One broad bitched and moaned the whole way up the gondy at Jackson Hole. I'm not sure how her hubby/daddy didn't throw her down a chute head first and say she fell. She must suck better than a hoover.
View Quote

Do you have to be rich to use the term Gondy?
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 11:18:23 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

there were a few gys rocking carhartt, they could ski.

one dude was rocking strait welding guantlets
View Quote

My face when my ski gear is Korean War US Army wool pants, a West German border patrol parka and M65 trigger finger mittens and so is my elk hunting gear

But don't worry,  nobody will watch me and say "Wow that guy can ski!"
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 11:18:45 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Scumbag snowboarder checking in. I haven’t read the entire thread. Did I miss anything?
View Quote

dont sit on your ass 5' in front of the lift to get your strap on ready, get quick connect for gods sake
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 11:18:45 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Scumbag snowboarder checking in. I haven't read the entire thread. Did I miss anything?
View Quote
no pics so nothing to see here, really.

however comma OP appears to be shitpoasting on GeeDee instead of railing multiple hot bored rich MILFs he met whilst skiing.

so OP has dat goin' for him, which is nice.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top