Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 1:13:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Ah yes. I remember getting these books as rewards in the 70's. Not sure how many I had...50'ish?
They were 17 and 18 years old, I remember this because they went into some legit business venture that required a license, but only one of them and a friend were old enough. I think it was "The secret of the Chinese Junk" or something (boat, not imports).

Also encyclopedia Brown, The Great Brain, Danny Dunn were also good reading at different levels.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 1:38:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone read the mad scientists club?

I started with the hardy boys books as well

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/319551/9329C80A-D8D3-47DA-8E31-8E4368D78AC0_jpe-1273004.JPG
View Quote
Yep, great series. I had to look around to find a modern edition for my son, sadly I don't think he has read it, he doesn't like to read as much as I did much at all, my daughter inherited that gene instead.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 1:51:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I read the shit out of Hardy Boys as a kid.  The old hardbacks and the newer mass market soft covers.

I had a few ancient Tom Swift books, too.  No idea what happened to them.

Fun trivia: TASER stands for Thomas A. Swift's Electric Rifle
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 2:00:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Read The Hardy Boys and Danny Dunn as a kid. Loved them. All the hardy boys books are still sitting on my parents book shelf for the grandkids.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 2:09:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Encyclopedia Brown is a good follow up series.
View Quote
Never read any of the Hardy boys, but I'm pretty sure I read every single Encyclopedia Brown book there was.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 7:36:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I read them all as a kid.
My copies were garage sale recycles, so many of them were the older versions that were already dated in the 1970s
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 7:42:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I think I read them all.  including the detectives handbook where I got my first password from the glossary

STP:  dimenthoxymethylamphetimine
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top