Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 5:10:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I’m ready to maintain a social distance.

Link Posted: 5/6/2020 5:15:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Bayonet fixed, cock out.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 5:27:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bayonet fixed, cock out.
View Quote
Full unzipped or pants around the ankles?
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 7:03:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Kruger667:
Full unzipped or pants around the ankles?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Kruger667:
Originally Posted By Tuco22:
Bayonet fixed, cock out.
Full unzipped or pants around the ankles?

Why are your pants still on? It's casual day!
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 7:58:01 AM EDT
[#5]
My $20 Chicom SARCO bayonet showed up the other day. Had to do a little dremling to the ring, but I'm pretty sure it was just the paint they used. I mean, it was close.

The fitment is... okay. The tang/blade transition doesn't meet right at the crossguard.

The sheath, now. Color is O. Just straight O. Somewhere, somebody didn't get the drab memo. Might even call it gloss olive. GO.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 8:15:20 AM EDT
[#7]

Nice! The Ontario M7 one looks like a heck of a value. Normally surplus M7's are around 40 bucks, but they're in rough condition, and often out of stock.

The M9 is probably a better all around utility knife though. Decisions, decisions.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 8:32:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:
I like the triangle bayonet on my Martini Henry.  

But the super-long bayonet on my Lee-Enfield will do in a pinch as well.
View Quote

Doesnt the triangular wound cause the inability to apply direct pressure to stop the bleeding? Or maybe ive read to many Peninsular war novels..lol
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 1:18:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Sixpack595:

Why do you need to stab birds?
View Quote

Because they're not going to stab themselves, now, are they?
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 1:22:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By s707bw:

That's what they make bayonet adaptors for. Look it up, it lets everybody have fun.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By s707bw:
Originally Posted By billclo:
Pity there aren't much in the way of bayonets available for 16" carbines. 

That's what they make bayonet adaptors for. Look it up, it lets everybody have fun.

I have 2, 5 stars, Triple R products
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 1:26:58 PM EDT
[#11]
M7 is more daggery, stabby.  M9 is more field knifey, slicey.  If that makes a difference.  (M9 can be stabby and M7 can be slicey too).
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 1:27:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 1:30:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By MRW:
The Sarco reproductions look pretty good. Full tang,  supposedly 440 stainless. Sharp. Grip screws are the Chicago type and a bit flimsy, they will get replaced. The muzzle ring is too tight and will need to be opened up a bit, but the latch works fine. Good for a cutdown project or functional non-collectible sticker.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/5205/94C6968A-B164-44DF-8A2E-5DE1E5EA4303-1365522.jpg
View Quote

Or you can spend a little more and get a real one.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 1:54:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 2:30:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 2:34:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By MRW:
Not if I'm going to cut it up to fit  10.5" barrel
View Quote

If you do this, please start a thread on it with pics.

I've been thinking about such an Frankenstein modification myself.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 2:39:57 PM EDT
[#17]
The ONG 870s mount a bayonet very nicely.

Glad I snagged one.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 2:41:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By TacticalGarand44:

Ew. Shotguns are for poors.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 2:43:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Not planning on letting anyone get that close.

Anyone that approaches me when I am pointing a gun at them is going to be shot.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 2:43:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Tight quarters where the POI shift from the bayo isn’t an issue, sure, go for it. Takes a hard bastard to attempt to Get past the blade and inside the shooter’s envelope.

Ain't much that says “fuck you” like impaling a fucker on a bayonet before mag dumping into their gut/chest while they’re pinned.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 5:07:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By bigstick61:

Too bad no one sells a standalone pinnable bayonet lug like that for any size gas block journal.  I had to get ADCO to remove the lug and ring from a FSB and install them as pictured below:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49763360632_524cba1cbc_b.jpg
View Quote

Triple R Products has them. Clamp style lugs.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 5:14:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By nickmemphis:

Triple R Products has them. Clamp style lugs.
View All Quotes

Too bad no one sells a standalone pinnable bayonet lug like that for any size gas block journal.  I had to get ADCO to remove the lug and ring from a FSB and install them as pictured below:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49763360632_524cba1cbc_b.jpg

Triple R Products has them. Clamp style lugs.

Well, I was talking about standalone pinnable lugs, as stated above.  I have yet to see any other than some 3d-printed ones made for the Mini-14 (would have to be set back further on the gas block journal to work on an AR, and only those with 0.625" bases; not sure about the durability of 3d-printed metal parts, though).

Clamp-on is definitely not what I was or would be looking for.  I've seen those around.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 5:19:05 PM EDT
[#23]
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 5/6/2020 5:24:13 PM EDT
[#24]

Well, I was talking about standalone pinnable lugs, as stated above.  I have yet to see any other than some 3d-printed ones made for the Mini-14 (would have to be set back further on the gas block journal to work on an AR, and only those with 0.625" bases; not sure about the durability of 3d-printed metal parts, though).

Clamp-on is definitely not what I was or would be looking for.  I've seen those around.
View Quote

I don't see why you couldn'tadd a set screw to the clamp with press and tap. Is what I was saying.
Drill and tap the clamp, put detent divot(s) in the barrel, select the proper size set screw(s), loktite red, and off to the stabby soiree.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 5:27:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Or you could just drill it and pin it, far as that goes. If you're handy with a welder, weld the clamp joints.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 5:29:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Me, I'm handy with scatterguns, so I keep a eye on them hayseeds, whil Evol And Gail go in and git that cash...
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 5:31:57 PM EDT
[#27]

I don't see why you couldn'tadd a set screw to the clamp with press and tap. Is what I was saying.
Drill and tap the clamp, put detent divot(s) in the barrel, select the proper size set screw(s), loktite red, and off to the stabby soiree.
View All Quotes

Well, I was talking about standalone pinnable lugs, as stated above.  I have yet to see any other than some 3d-printed ones made for the Mini-14 (would have to be set back further on the gas block journal to work on an AR, and only those with 0.625" bases; not sure about the durability of 3d-printed metal parts, though).

Clamp-on is definitely not what I was or would be looking for.  I've seen those around.

I don't see why you couldn'tadd a set screw to the clamp with press and tap. Is what I was saying.
Drill and tap the clamp, put detent divot(s) in the barrel, select the proper size set screw(s), loktite red, and off to the stabby soiree.

The clamp-ons are rather bulky and ugly as heck, and I don't trust clamps or set screw for anything that might be subjected to impact.  I suppose it could be welded (someone else would have to do it, which means paying them), and the thing get drilled, and maybe even machined to not be so large, but at that point, might as well just do what I did and have the lug and ring removed from a FSB, cleaned up a bit, and drilled and pinned onto the barrel.  Probably easier and no less expensive.  I'd have to have someone else do it, either way.

It'd be nice if someone just made the pinnable lugs, though.  That would indeed save money and make life easier, since only the drilling and pinning would need to be done.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 5:50:39 PM EDT
[#28]

The clamp-ons are rather bulky and ugly as heck, and I don't trust clamps or set screw for anything that might be subjected to impact.  I suppose it could be welded (someone else would have to do it, which means paying them), and the thing get drilled, and maybe even machined to not be so large, but at that point, might as well just do what I did and have the lug and ring removed from a FSB, cleaned up a bit, and drilled and pinned onto the barrel.  Probably easier and no less expensive.  I'd have to have someone else do it, either way.

It'd be nice if someone just made the pinnable lugs, though.  That would indeed save money and make life easier, since only the drilling and pinning would need to be done.
View Quote

Points.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 5:52:17 PM EDT
[#29]
If you commisioned a machinist to make a run, you could sell them to vendors at gun shows.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 2:12:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Sarco reproductions look pretty good. Full tang,  supposedly 440 stainless. Sharp. Grip screws are the Chicago type and a bit flimsy, they will get replaced. The muzzle ring is too tight and will need to be opened up a bit, but the latch works fine. Good for a cutdown project or functional non-collectible sticker.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/5205/94C6968A-B164-44DF-8A2E-5DE1E5EA4303-1365522.jpg

Don't know about him, but they were out of stock when I ordered.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 2:25:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Attachment Attached File

This and the ONG 870 with the m9

I'm covered.

Link Posted: 5/28/2020 11:47:59 PM EDT
[#32]
I bet the new "Roof Koreans" in Minneapolis wish they had bayonets right about now.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 11:58:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 12:04:54 AM EDT
[#34]
I remember when Junior got run through with a bayonet and I smiled.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 12:19:39 AM EDT
[#35]
"Few die from the steal, but all men fear it" Those are the words that come to my mind every time I handle a bayonet. And yes, there is one less than 3 feet from me ;) I like to always keep one handy, I love bayonets, fixed or not. lol I have practiced clearing the house with one... It's a good feeling ;). I was also taught to but-stroke. And the hardest part is breaking the skin, what's inside cuts much easier.... so after the stab there should be a radical angle change and withdraw and but stroke ;).
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 12:22:37 AM EDT
[#36]
While I agree that more options are better than less, if I have my rifle in my hands I won't be getting close enough to any threats to use a bayonet.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 12:25:01 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
There isn't much a burglar fears more than a naked bayonet charge.
View Quote

Unless the burglar is actually an armed home invader who brought armed friends. Then, the both you and your naked bayonet are both left standing there with your junk hanging out waiting to be shot off.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:41:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
While I agree that more options are better than less, if I have my rifle in my hands I won't be getting close enough to any threats to use a bayonet.
View Quote

Why dont you use that magic 8 ball to avoid the fight in the first place.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:07:22 AM EDT
[#39]
Attachment Attached File

yOU ARE just a few years behind me OP
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 10:07:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 10:31:57 PM EDT
[#42]
This is right next to my desk.  M1 Carbine withissue bayonet.  Yes, as I've described earlier I Did teach the bayonet drill at Ft. Ord and Berlin Brigade.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 10:39:14 PM EDT
[#43]
You have a sensible argument and I appreciate your perspective. In the urban areas, things are starting to get sporty with police walking off the job - the past 2 weeks have shown us what appeasement gets - the reaction to perceived weakness.

I’ll take a bushcraft 4-5” knife and more magazines. I want to address looters on my terms at 150 feet or meters, not their terms at arms reach.
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 11:00:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Buy a bayonet, folks. These recent riots should prove to you that it can be incredibly valuable to have a way to tell someone "Back the fuck up" without actually shooting them.
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 11:18:29 PM EDT
[#45]
It seems like whats old is new again. I have a bayonet for each rifle that has a lug. I just bought them just to have them, but due to recent events I can fully understand the spirit of the bayonet. Perhaps this is why the gun grabbers hate them so much.
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 11:20:36 PM EDT
[#46]
I want one for my 870
Link Posted: 6/23/2020 9:31:35 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/23/2020 8:17:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I wrote an article on it, thanks for the ideas in this thread

http://www.thenewrifleman.com/your-rifle-needs-a-bayonet/
View Quote

Nice article. Basically this whole thread distilled into a 5 minute read.
Link Posted: 6/23/2020 8:54:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
This is the one you seek...

590A1
View Quote

If there comes a time that I have to patrol my neighborhood, I think my weapon of choice will be my 590A1 and my M9 bayonet.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 3:53:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top