BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 10:59:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Jesus dude Oakbrook is not the "west side of chicago". It is an above average suburb.
View Quote

Yeah, that word "side" makes a world of difference, here.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 11:01:15 AM EDT
[#2]
View Quote

And plates

Really OP, any full size duty caliber and several reloads

I could go for a Chicago hot dog…
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 11:16:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Portillo’s
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where to go for lunch?  Needs to be lacrosse team friendly and not to spendy as I want to buy lunch for the team.

18Z50

Portillo’s

This

Beef, dipped, sweet or hot or both, and a chocolate cake shake. Also throw in a hot dog.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 11:26:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

This

Beef, dipped, sweet or hot or both, and a chocolate cake shake. Also throw in a hot dog.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where to go for lunch?  Needs to be lacrosse team friendly and not to spendy as I want to buy lunch for the team.

18Z50

Portillo’s

This

Lacrosse boys are going to need a big beef with a chopped salad and cake shake
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 11:38:02 AM EDT
[#5]
LOL...Oak Brook is NOT the westside.

You will be fine.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 11:41:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

This

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

18Z50

Portillo’s

This

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 11:41:40 AM EDT
[#7]
This thread is kinda silly for sure. We have people that don’t live in Illinois telling op to carry machine guns and plates and shit to be safe in the hood because the whole state is the hood. And then we have people that actually know the area stating it is safe. I would tend to trust people from there obviously over out of staters. Op does not have a legal ability to ccw there. Concealed means concealed. I get it. But of all the places in the country that is not the place you want to get caught doing so. You will not be shown any kindness by law enforcement there. You will get hammered by the prosecutor, so you better make sure you conceal better than ever before. The politics of that whole city sucks. It makes the state a giant chess pool to me. I was always nervous as fuck carrying concealed there. And I was a southern Illinois police officer at the time. If you were at the mall that had the shooting and shot and killed a active shooter you will not be getting a parade. You will be bent over by garbage prosecutors  like you can not even imagine.  Do what you want to do though.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 11:48:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I think you're still screwed if you're from out of state and carrying illegally.
When I'm traveling through Illinois, I gas up before I hit the state line, and drive straight through without stopping.  Screw them and their "no reciprocity".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you can't CC a handgun legally, don't.
If the area looks too sketchy, don't get out of your vehicle.
Think real hard about your worst case scenario in Cook County, and about being in a world of shit.

Oakbrook is DuPage county.

I think you're still screwed if you're from out of state and carrying illegally.
When I'm traveling through Illinois, I gas up before I hit the state line, and drive straight through without stopping.  Screw them and their "no reciprocity".

They do have reciprocity for allowing you to it least have it in the vehicle. You can have your handgun in the vehicle, just not outside it.

I don't get everybody worried about driving through Illinois it's not that big of a deal and it's not illegal to drive through with guns it's not New York or New Jersey.

Link Posted: 7/23/2022 11:49:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

This!

In about two weeks I am driving from Minnesota to Camp Perry with four rifles, my CCW Glock and assorted ammo and the only place that I have to "worry" is driving non stop through Illinois :(.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This!

In about two weeks I am driving from Minnesota to Camp Perry with four rifles, my CCW Glock and assorted ammo and the only place that I have to "worry" is driving non stop through Illinois :(.

I wouldn't worry a bit there's nothing illegal about driving with guns through Illinois.

Just don't step out of the vehicle with that handgun.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 11:52:00 AM EDT
[#10]
All of them.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 12:31:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Portillo’s
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

18Z50

Portillo’s

Overall quality and service has gone down ever since Dick Portillo sold the chain. I rarely go there anymore.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 1:21:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Overall quality and service has gone down ever since Dick Portillo sold the chain. I rarely go there anymore.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

18Z50

Portillo’s

I came here to post that.  It's becoming a shell of it's former self.

Try Ditka's  and practice saying "da baress"
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 1:36:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Waiting on a rain delay in Central Park.

Need a nice place to take my child for dinner.

All In all, a nice lacrosse tournament.

Link Posted: 7/23/2022 1:43:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

18Z50

Portillo’s

Try moving away from Illinois and getting a decent beef. Even the places that say they’re from Chicago are complete garbage. When we drive to California we go to The Portillo’s out there and it’s heaven after eating anywhere else.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 2:09:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

They do have reciprocity for allowing you to it least have it in the vehicle. You can have your handgun in the vehicle, just not outside it.

I don't get everybody worried about driving through Illinois it's not that big of a deal and it's not illegal to drive through with guns it's not New York or New Jersey.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you can't CC a handgun legally, don't.
If the area looks too sketchy, don't get out of your vehicle.
Think real hard about your worst case scenario in Cook County, and about being in a world of shit.

Oakbrook is DuPage county.

I used to drive commercial trucks into Chicagoland, sometimes for a couple of hours, sometimes for a couple of days. The gun in the cab of your truck doesn't do you any good when you're out of the truck in a crappy part of town, in the wee hours of the morning.  I don't like Chicagoland or the state of Illinois, although I know there are some good people downstate.  I won't give myself a reason to get out of my vehicle in Illinois.  Detroit is rough too but at least I can CC legally there.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 11:06:37 AM EDT
[#16]
I have returned alive from my adventures in Ill.  No shooting, no police interactions, I even missed the tornadoes.  

Thanks ARFCOM for being my wingman!
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 11:09:24 AM EDT
[#17]
M250
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 11:26:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I have returned alive from my adventures in Ill.  No shooting, no police interactions, I even missed the tornadoes.  

Thanks ARFCOM for being my wingman!
View Quote

Or, maybe you died and are only posting here because you aren't willing to admit it?
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top