Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 11/5/2023 11:16:24 AM EDT
Nearly all of their movies are bombing because they apparently chose identity politics over good storytelling.  Way to go, Disney.  

Link Posted: 11/5/2023 11:21:54 AM EDT
[#1]
I was a fan for everything through Endgame. Slowly became disinterested after that. I just saw an ad for The Marvels in theaters this month. I just can’t imagine that will be a blockbuster.
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 11:22:08 AM EDT
[#2]
It’s not a strictly a marvel thing.

It’s a Disney problem.

Last I heard, I think their remake of Snow White was put on ice because of stupid remarks the lead had made which unsurprisingly generated a ton of blowback.
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 11:24:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It’s a Disney problem.

Last I heard, I think their remake of Snow White was put on ice because of stupid remarks the lead had made which unsurprisingly generated a ton of blowback.
View Quote

The more they push the woke Bullshit, the more people dislike it.  The Disney execs apparently think Emperor Palpantine is a role model.
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 11:25:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Iron Man and maybe Iron Man II along with a couple of the Batman movies were about the sum total of my interest in superhero comic movies.  They ran it into the ground for me 10 years ago.
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 11:27:31 AM EDT
[#5]
One extended scene of Black Widow/Captain Marvel/Pepper Potts/Nebula lesbionics will set everything right.
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 11:33:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Disney is a fucking vampire, sucking the blood out of any lifeless corpse (IP) they own to try and shovel product out to stay relevant.

Star Wars is a joke, Marvel has been shit since End Game, with a few short exceptions, and they literally raped Indiana Jones’ corpse with the newest shit pile they shoveled out this year.

Evidently the Blade reboot was literally going to be female centric and about important life lessons (I shit you not)….what the fucking fuck?

South Park hit the nail on the head with their newest Panderverse special about those clowns.

Link Posted: 11/5/2023 11:35:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Wesly Snipes is what made Blade trilogy great.  I doubt anyone else will be able to recapture that no matter the script.
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 11:37:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Disney is a fucking vampire, sucking the blood out of any lifeless corpse (IP) they own to try and shovel product out to stay relevant.

Star Wars is a joke, Marvel has been shit since End Game, with a few short exceptions, and they literally raped Indiana Jones’ corpse with the newest shit pile they shoveled out this year.

Evidently the Blade reboot was literally going to be female centric and about important life lessons (I shit you not)….what the fucking fuck?

South Park hit the nail on the head with their newest Panderverse special about those clowns.

View Quote

I hadn't heard that about blade reboot
Original blade movies were badass, 3rd was meh

Wesley snipes was born to play blade imo
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 11:38:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I was a fan for everything through Endgame. Slowly became disinterested after that. I just saw an ad for The Marvels in theaters this month. I just can’t imagine that will be a blockbuster.
View Quote

Quoted:

The more they push the woke Bullshit, the more people dislike it.  The Disney execs apparently think Emperor Palpantine is a role model.
View Quote

I liked most of the comics and movies,
and I agree with OP.

I could not finish watching Captain Marvel.

It sucked.  I've fallen asleep 3 times.

The newest shit is even worse.
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 11:38:55 AM EDT
[#10]
So long as people keep giving Disney their money, this will keep happening.
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 11:39:46 AM EDT
[#11]
I was a big fan of the MCU in the beginning. While I’m not so interested in the current product they are far from imploding.
They will get back on track shortly once they have a creative director with a focused vision.
Same with Star Wars.
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 11:40:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Dunno I just watched Guardians of the Galaxy 3 and didnt see wokage and enjoyed the movie? Does GD believe Im a leftist?
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 11:40:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I hadn't heard that about blade reboot
Original blade movies were badass, 3rd was meh

Wesley snipes was born to play blade imo
View Quote

I agree, Blade 1 and 2 were amazing, and I think literally set the stage for all the comic book movies we see nowadays. And yeah, Wesley Snipes *is* Blade…I don’t think anyone else can pull it off nowadays to convince me otherwise.

The shit about the reboot just came out in the last few weeks, it was some magazine article that was airing all of Marvels dirty laundry.
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 11:40:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link ?
_
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 11:42:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 11:45:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's happening less and less. More and more people are talking about how the entertainment industry is looking like an enormous money laundering scheme. But to launder money you have to have a source of clean money.

The general consensus seems to be that after Endgame, Marvel should have taken a break and let new ideas percolate for awhile. But noooo instead we get several metric fucktons of garbage like Ant Man 3, She Hulk and a bunch of other nonsense.

If Disney does completely go off a cliff I do wonder if they will qualify as "too big to fail" and receive a massive government subsidy. I suppose the masquerade will officially be over at that point.
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 11:46:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Star Wars is a joke, Marvel has been shit since End Game, with a few short exceptions, and they literally raped Indiana Jones' corpse with the newest shit pile they shoveled out this year.

Evidently the Blade reboot was literally going to be female centric and about important life lessons (I shit you not) .what the fucking fuck?

View Quote
This.  Guy.  Gets.  It.
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 11:46:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Iron Man and maybe Iron Man II along with a couple of the Batman movies were about the sum total of my interest in superhero comic movies.  They ran it into the ground for me 10 years ago.
View Quote

Agreed.  It's been ridiculous crap for a long time.

Thin story, CGI and explosions only get you so far.
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 11:50:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It’s a Disney problem.
View Quote
I have news for you, it's not marvel or Disney... it's the entertainment industry, period.
Woke is fucking everyhwere; woke is in everything. You can't escape from it.
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 11:53:05 AM EDT
[#20]
I think the whole superhero comic book movie trend is finally coming to a close, inshallah.

Good riddance.
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 11:53:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

That's happening less and less. More and more people are talking about how the entertainment industry is looking like an enormous money laundering scheme. But to launder money you have to have a source of clean money.

The general consensus seems to be that after Endgame, Marvel should have taken a break and let new ideas percolate for awhile. But noooo instead we get several metric fucktons of garbage like Ant Man 3, She Hulk and a bunch of other nonsense.

If Disney does completely go off a cliff I do wonder if they will qualify as "too big to fail" and receive a massive government subsidy. I suppose the masquerade will officially be over at that point.
View Quote

Unfortunately, their parks seem to somehow still print money. They could lose billions more on these dumbass projects but until people stop actively going to their parks, they’re not really hurting a ton yet.
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 11:53:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I have news for you, it's not marvel or Disney... it's the entertainment industry, period.
View Quote

Indeed.

It seems all you have to do to rule the world is find the heads of the world's largest corporations. Squeeze them once and they will follow whatever orders you command right down to the typos on the page.

With a tiny handful of notable exceptions like Musk and some other shmucks way down the totem pole that no one cares about. It really is quite amazing how they are able to get everyone to go along with the plan, even if the plan leaves them losing money and looking like idiots or even hardcore anti-Semites.
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 11:57:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Wesly Snipes is what made Blade trilogy great.  I doubt anyone else will be able to recapture that no matter the script.
View Quote

Agreed.

I'm not a huge MCU fan, but Snipes was great in those films.
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 11:58:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
One extended scene of Black Widow/Captain Marvel/Pepper Potts/Nebula lesbionics will set everything right.
View Quote
Actually, that is probably the next step:  an NC-17 all-female version of The Avengers.

If they can't bring the male fans in to the theatres with their storylines, then they'll bring them in with their boobies.  
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 11:58:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
I completely expect Deadpool 3 to be a wokebration failure.  I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt that I am.
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 11:58:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
But noooo instead we get several metric fucktons of garbage like Ant Man 3, She Hulk and a bunch of other nonsense.
View Quote

She Hulk sounds like it should be a documentary about the typical American female (size 15).
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 12:01:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 12:01:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

You should take over Disney!
But replace Captain Marvel with the green chick-kind of an homage to Captain Kirk.

Also, remake the Avengers movies with Deadpool as an Avenger: that would make them.
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 12:01:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Actually, that is probably the next step:  an NC-17 all-female version of The Avengers.

If they can't bring the male fans in to the theatres with their storylines, then they'll bring them in with their boobies.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is a Trans joke in there......

I saw the video a few days ago.
He hit everything perfectly.
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 12:02:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Everything up to end game was like a greatest hits of marvel comics for the last 40 or so years. The movies were all adaptations of popular story lines that were already written.

However, post 2012 marvel comics has been garbage.

Disney, etc. Was in the absolute mad rush to get to the garbage stuff because it's woke as fuck

So basically they powered through decades of great story lines in order to get to the work garbage of modern marvel.

Captain marvel is a good example. She was never ever popular. She's been rebranded a zillion times because she refuses to catch on. Her comics suck her story sucks her character sucks,

They tried to push her as an icon but these characters are only as good as the source material. If the source material is garbage, the movies have no chance. Purple hairs and wokesters have zero creativity, and those are the writers that they use.

Link Posted: 11/5/2023 12:03:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Identity politics aside, they can't top Endgame, so I have no real interest in watching any of the new ones.

To me it is like watching the Ali vs Holmes fight after having watched Foreman and Frazier fights.  Just not interested.
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 12:03:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's not a strictly a marvel thing.
It's a Disney problem.
This.  Hollywood doesn't reflect society, it seeks to drive it.
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 12:05:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

She Hulk sounds like it should be a documentary about the typical American female (size 15).
View Quote
She goes green whenever she sees an advertisement for a weight-loss product.
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 12:06:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

They actually de-sexualized the female characters in Phase 4 of the M-SHE-U. They removed their femininity, covering up most of the breast area.
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 12:09:03 PM EDT
[#35]
It's been a complete shit show and shows what happens when you don't run an organization like a meritocracy.

I liked some of the earlier movies and The Avengers movies were generally good, but HOLY FUCK did they devalue their brand and put out some really shitty movies that NOBODY asked for.
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 12:09:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Another victory for Kathleen Kennedy and Wokeness.  
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 12:10:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Dunno I just watched Guardians of the Galaxy 3 and didnt see wokage and enjoyed the movie? Does GD believe Im a leftist?
View Quote

That and the last Spider-Man were the only decent things to come out of Marvel since Endgame.  They have killed the franchise.
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 12:11:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Indeed.

It seems all you have to do to rule the world is find the heads of the world's largest corporations. Squeeze them once and they will follow whatever orders you command right down to the typos on the page.

With a tiny handful of notable exceptions like Musk and some other shmucks way down the totem pole that no one cares about. It really is quite amazing how they are able to get everyone to go along with the plan, even if the plan leaves them losing money and looking like idiots or even hardcore anti-Semites.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Indeed.

I’d like to hope we’re seeing the end and things will slowly start to change? I think the change will be on hold until 2024 election and depending on how things look it may pick up speed next year just to get as much in place as possible in case the left fucks ip their voting machine.
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 12:12:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 12:14:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 12:14:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Marvel and Star Wars were a license to print money and embracing woke politics fucked that up.
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 12:15:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Big fan of (most of) the comics and (most of) the movies…

On top of the damned woke shit, what they forgot to factor in is saturation… just because every few years we enjoy seeing a Star Wars or Batman (well aware that’s a DC property, they’re all guilty of it) movie, doesn’t mean we need Star Wars or Batman every minute of every day.

More than one sci-fi fan I know is superhero movie’d out. Superhero fatigue is a real thing.
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 12:18:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Yeah I think Marvel has obvious problems beyond "being woke." Disney really started churning out tons of product after endgame, both movies and Disney shows. They just weren't that good. I read she hulk has episodes that were initially shown out of focus.

Also people were just burned out on comic movies. I've read several industry people compare it to people getting burned out on all the westerns in the 60s and 70s.

Supposedly they're trying to get Robert Downey Jr back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Identity politics aside, they can't top Endgame, so I have no real interest in watching any of the new ones.

To me it is like watching the Ali vs Holmes fight after having watched Foreman and Frazier fights.  Just not interested.
Yeah I think Marvel has obvious problems beyond "being woke." Disney really started churning out tons of product after endgame, both movies and Disney shows. They just weren't that good. I read she hulk has episodes that were initially shown out of focus.

Also people were just burned out on comic movies. I've read several industry people compare it to people getting burned out on all the westerns in the 60s and 70s.

Supposedly they're trying to get Robert Downey Jr back.

When you oversaturate the field you need to be cognizant to retain the heart. That’s why Captain America’s movies were great, and Spider Man… when it just becomes “content” then it’s dead. And some of the shows you can see it becoming content. When they have an 8 episode season, that could be wrapped up in 3, but they fill it with side quests that have no soul or meaning, it just becomes meh. Content.

I wanted to love Secret Invasion. It was supposed to be a superhero-themed Cold War thriller. But it ended up just being content.
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 12:18:41 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm gonna steal this comment from someone else...

Goes kinda like this, 'There was a time Disney touched our hearts, now they wanna touch our children...'

But sadly, like one of my favorite YouTubers (below) says, unfortunately the Rat is like a cockroach that just won't die and they'll come out of this....

Link Posted: 11/5/2023 12:22:45 PM EDT
[#45]
I really never liked superhero/comic book shit,  so I will laugh as it all goes down in flames and look forward to never hearing of it again.

Although I guess I did enjoy the first Iron Man. Eh, stopped clock and all that.
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 12:25:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not just with Disney, but I think when it comes to movies, people have no discerning preferences. They just say "Friday is movie night" and just go to the theaters, then after the first showing or two is when we hear the bad reviews, but by then the theaters make bank.
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 12:32:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
No, the American public is a fucking joke, accepting marketing bullshit instead of actual entertainment. Remember the amazing movies made between 1935-1995?  You don't see anything of quality any longer.  Same goes for almost everything we buy in our daily lives.  Mega-corporations have destroyed everything they touch. Without competition, everything is just formulaic bullshit for maximized profit with zero functional/artistic/useful purpose.

We accept garbage in every aspect of our lives. Fast food is made with the cheapest possible ingredients. Movies are rehashed over and over and over again with no artistic interpretation. Music is made by computers and songs sung by the prettiest person with autotune. What little is manufactured is made as cheaply as possible by a couple big companies, and there is no competition for better products.  MTD and lawnmowers come to mind.  Mega-medical companies mean there is almost no choice for healthcare within a region.  No one locally makes decisions that affect the community where the business operates, so there is no loyalty to community or employees - just to shareholders.

Link Posted: 11/5/2023 12:36:48 PM EDT
[#48]
The Loki series is excellent, and offers a strong chance to tidy up the multiverse mess once and for all with one or two good soldi follow-up movies that cleanly remove Kang and the ease of multiverse incursions.

And, I'm with the camp that thinks it's time to develop Dr. Doom as the next Big Bad. I think the groundwork is there.
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 12:36:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

They actually de-sexualized the female characters in Phase 4 of the M-SHE-U. They removed their femininity, covering up most of the breast area.
https://media.comicbook.com/2020/04/hot-toys-avengers-1215879-1280x0.jpeg
View Quote
Yeah. Appealing to the "male gaze" is extremely problematic. Soon they'll all be dressed up like nuns or in burkas.
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 12:43:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
No, the American public is a fucking joke, accepting marketing bullshit instead of actual entertainment. Remember the amazing movies made between 1935-1995?  You don't see anything of quality any longer.  Same goes for almost everything we buy in our daily lives.  Mega-corporations have destroyed everything they touch. Without competition, everything is just formulaic bullshit for maximized profit with zero functional/artistic/useful purpose.

We accept garbage in every aspect of our lives. Fast food is made with the cheapest possible ingredients. Movies are rehashed over and over and over again with no artistic interpretation. Music is made by computers and songs sung by the prettiest person with autotune. What little is manufactured is made as cheaply as possible by a couple big companies, and there is no competition for better products.  MTD and lawnmowers come to mind.  Mega-medical companies mean there is almost no choice for healthcare within a region.  No one locally makes decisions that affect the community where the business operates, so there is no loyalty to community or employees - just to shareholders.

View Quote
I think what happened is most of the visionaries that made the film industry great are gone. Their replacements were taught how to make films in colleges. There's no soul left in the industry.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top