Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 8:14:56 AM EDT
[#1]
they called an NONVIOLENT walk in an insurrection.

they are scared shitless from the Virginia Lobby Day.

to ban or make Semi Auto's NFA Items would cause total anarchy.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 8:15:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Supreme Court (as it stands) would probably kill it even if passed.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 8:18:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I predict that within the next 5 years Federal agents enforcing unconstitutional Federal gun control in a Red State will be arrested and or killed by that states LEO’s, this will happen a few times in several different Red states……leading to internal civil conflict on a massive scale nationwide.

Guns aren’t going anywhere. The pussification of America will end up backfiring on the Feds as too many of their agents/army are, well, pussies
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 8:20:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It’s not America now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOL YOU THINK AMERICA WILL STILL BE AMERICA IN 10 YEARS

It’s not America now.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 8:20:52 AM EDT
[#5]
They are likely to be flat out illegal before then. No grandfathering, and some sort of turn in scheme. Compliance is definitely not going to be near their goals and it will appear as a failure by the administration. Tax penalties and asset seizures will result to force more compliance. It may not be any form of  tipping point but it will result in further division of a growing demographic that already has very little trust in the government.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 8:22:20 AM EDT
[#6]
This poll is shit.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 8:23:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Guess what.... The 'fundamental transformation' they promised us is well under way.

Guns in the hands of the populace are not part of the new world they envision for us.
In fact, they have to deal with that now, because guns will just make some of the upcoming steps they are about to take a bit too..... Messy.
View Quote

Yup, Australia is a perfect example, they took their guns, and now their gov went full retard, treats them like toddlers, they have zero rights, their government implements whatever it wants on a whim and all they can do is cry. Not even bitch on social media as that’s illegal too.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 8:25:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
In the next 10-15 years semi-auto centerfire rifles are going to be NFA items. It is only a matter of time before the United States has Democrat controlled President, Senate and House. The most likely scenario is to make them NFA items same kind of class as full autos. Transferable but closed to new purchase. This is what I am betting on.

Tell me why I am wrong.
View Quote

@carcrazysammy

I’m guessing more like in five years.  While I don’t agree with the NFA, there is something to be said about hyper-regulation.  How many murders/mass shootings have been committed with a legally possessed MG since 1934?  Just playing devils advocate but the answer is around 10 in 88 years.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 8:25:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Someone probably posted this ten years ago with the same prediction.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 8:28:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I think they'd have to plan on putting a lot of people in jail.

And what about the one's that say, " I don't think I'll let you arrest me today. "

If the new world order is gonna take away guns, they'll need a pretty in depth plan on what happens next.
View Quote

Years ago they just wanted to ban assault rifles, to ban them. It was a emotional / political football. Dream of gun haters and low IQ citizens who relied on government for their safety. Then they would have forgotten about them, let cops get them here n there, etc. moved on to ruining something else.

Now they NEED to ban them , and can’t sit around for decades waiting for them to be seized one by one via traffic stops, turned in by mad wives, etc. they  will keep pushing to demonize the owners, and crank out new law after law to go after the owners, remove their rights, tip lines, rewards, refuse gov benefits / cut off benefits etc from owners until they get them / the majority confiscated.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 8:29:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
In the next 10-15 years semi-auto centerfire rifles are going to be NFA items. It is only a matter of time before the United States has Democrat controlled President, Senate and House. The most likely scenario is to make them NFA items same kind of class as full autos. Transferable but closed to new purchase. This is what I am betting on.

Tell me why I am wrong.
View Quote

Not going to do what they say.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 8:31:52 AM EDT
[#12]
I don't think the US as a single political entity has another decade in it. So who knows. We are rapidly approaching one of those inflection points where predicability goes out the window.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 8:34:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
This poll is shit.
View Quote

Indeed it is.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 8:34:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

@carcrazysammy

I’m guessing more like in five years.  While I don’t agree with the NFA, there is something to be said about hyper-regulation.  How many murders/mass shootings have been committed with a legally possessed MG since 1934?  Just playing devils advocate but the answer is around 10 in 88 years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tell me why I am wrong.

@carcrazysammy

The founders would argue that deaths by criminals is a small price to pay for gun ownership, and easy access to arms.  The deaths via school shootings and murders are the price we pay for easy gun ownership, same as auto deaths are the price we pay for easy auto access. We don’t ban cars, to stop auto deaths, because the benefits outweigh those deaths, the same is true of gun ownership. Guns are used millions of times a year to stop violent acts, either by shooting the bad guy, or simply showing your armed.

Government heavily regulating will only have 1 end, difficulty to obtain arms / super easy to end gun ownership. If government gets universal back ground checks, and gets 99% registered, that makes it much easier to come get them.  The end result would be that only well connected / wealthy citizens would get gov approval to own a gun, everyone else can fuck off. ( like New York City, permits approved via your connections )

England is a great example, limit ownership to people with special permits, then they came and grabbed them as they knew exactly who had them.

Link Posted: 5/31/2022 8:39:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Ammo will
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 8:44:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

I would not be surprised if some of them got the Scalia treatment.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 8:45:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Boom!  Stop being weak OP.

The only rights they can take are the ones we give up.
View Quote

how many non licensed full auto's you got buddy, if your like most who talk like that, the answer is zero.

if your one of the few who truly believe that, the answer is "officially zero"

we have been giving up rights from before most on here were born

little tiny bites at a time

Link Posted: 5/31/2022 8:52:59 AM EDT
[#18]
If they’re smart, they’ll allow for continued manufacture and transfer.  

If they’re dumb, they’ll try to freeze transfer.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 9:02:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Tell me why I am wrong.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Gov. Kay Ivey signs Alabama Second Amendment Protection Act
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 9:07:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It is only a matter of time before the United States has Democrat controlled President, Senate and House.  

Tell me why I am wrong.
View Quote

Don’t they now?
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 9:46:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 9:47:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 9:49:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
You will not be able to transfer them.
View Quote

Walmart parking lots will always exist.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 9:51:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

We are one loss of Thomas or Alito Switching the court back to commie control as Roberts would again be the main swing vote and he will side with the commies from now on.
That's assuming Trump's 3 assholes are worth anything.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 9:54:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Don’t they now?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is only a matter of time before the United States has Democrat controlled President, Senate and House.  

Tell me why I am wrong.

Don’t they now?

Yup, and the country has turned to shit in just 1.5 years of democrat control, imagine what full control would look like, now imagine where we will be after 4 years of this shit.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 9:56:10 AM EDT
[#26]
No op.  They will be banned or they won't.  No NFA.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 10:00:00 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
There will be less people in America than there are guns in 10 years.  Reset out of worldly existence.
View Quote

This is likely the most correct answer
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 10:02:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

They are going to pack the court. 10 commie justices will kill the majority we have now.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 10:05:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Congress has the authority to tax.  So if nothing is "Unconstitutional" about taxing full-auto, I see nothing SCOTUS would do about semi.  Hence, all left up to Congress...

Actually, I *THINK* all it would take is a new interpretation of firearm under existing NFA statues.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 10:13:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I predict that within the next 5 years Federal agents enforcing unconstitutional Federal gun control in a Red State will be arrested and or killed by that states LEO’s, this will happen a few times in several different Red states……leading to internal civil conflict on a massive scale nationwide.

Guns aren’t going anywhere. The pussification of America will end up backfiring on the Feds as too many of their agents/army are, well, pussies
View Quote

Henry Bowmans will appear all over the country.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 10:15:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

@carcrazysammy

View Quote

Hahaha.  Welcome to Glock switches.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 10:15:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There will be less people in America than there are guns in 10 years.  Reset out of worldly existence.

Going to toss a +1 on this as well.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 10:26:35 AM EDT
[#33]
In ten years most Americans will be dead or in pods, I give us a 10% chance at a reset that is favorable
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 10:35:38 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thomas is not getting any younger.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 10:37:25 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Because men with more resolve than you won’t let it happen.
View Quote

Just like the men with more resolve ended the TX shooting last week?  You Really think the Border Patol cares about your gun rights?
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 10:54:49 AM EDT
[#36]
If it were entirely up to congress and the president almost anything's possible. If AR 15's are banned any sales will be made illegal and may be subject to confiscation. I won't be around to see it so it's no concern of mine.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 11:02:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

As Ted Cruz has said many times when you look at so many of the USSC decisions when it comes to rights it is 5/4. We are one vote away from losing our rights.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 11:08:28 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

As Ted Cruz has said many times when you look at so many of the USSC decisions when it comes to rights it is 5/4. We are one vote away from losing our rights.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As I said above (below) I suspect even our SCOTUS now might let one slide thru based on taxation. E.g. States right now have variable laws RE: full-auto, etc.  I could see CA or NY levelling a $10,000 or $15,000 or $25,000 tax per semi regardless of mag capacity.  Not banned but effectively banned.

Quoted:

Congress has the authority to tax.  So if nothing is "Unconstitutional" about taxing full-auto, I see nothing SCOTUS would do about semi.  Hence, all left up to Congress...

Actually, I *THINK* all it would take is a new interpretation of firearm under existing NFA statues.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 11:09:37 AM EDT
[#39]
Poll assumes this nation will still exist in 10 years. Personal gun ownership may be up to your local warlord by then.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 11:14:40 AM EDT
[#40]
There are fewer and fewer people who would fight it.  Gun rights have grown a lot in the last ten years, but I suspect the OP is right in some way.

After Uvalde I have been shocked by what I have seen and heard from some people, after all "we MUST do something"....seems to be the common statement.  Even from people I would classify as pretty strong, pro gun.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 11:16:55 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
In the next 10-15 years semi-auto centerfire rifles, semi-auto pistols, revolvers, semi and pump action shotguns, bolt action rifles with internal magazine are going to be NFA items or banned outright. It is only a matter of time before the United States has Democrat controlled President, Senate and House. The most likely scenario is to make them NFA items same kind of class as full autos.

There will be more mass shootings, our society is ripe for it.  Anything goes and you're a judgmental bigot if you say otherwise.  They won't ban people or behaviors but they will ban the machines.  The emotional tide of the mass shootings is way stronger than the logic and debate of the Second Amendment and "break open" in case of tyranny.

We're at the tipping point  and you can thank the mentally ill weirdos who keep killing.

View Quote

Wrong, you can thank the enablers, who refuse to accept reality and allow the mentally ill weirdos to be normalized.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 11:17:19 AM EDT
[#42]
Our choices are simple.

A. Clutch our pearls worrying about what rights will be taken.
B. Start over before we're fully in chains.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 11:21:48 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Tell me why I am wrong.
View Quote

You are wrong because of the Second Amendment.

You are wrong because the Senate map is horrendous for the democrats after this year and most experts predict that we’ll into the 2030s the GOP will control at least the Senate.

You are wrong because dooming never works out for the doomers.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 11:23:45 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
When Obama was elected GD said AR's would be banned in 10 years.

The country is more pro gun now than ever.
View Quote

Yeah, this shit is not going to happen. Maybe magazine limitations or other fuckery, but all semis in the NFA? Not happening. Court system is still firmly in GOP control and the dems aren't able to do shit except through executive order. And the midterms are going to be a red wave.

I swear some gun owners love to invent scenarios in their head so they can have their own little meltdowns.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 11:23:59 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
they called an NONVIOLENT walk in an insurrection.
View Quote

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/capitol-violence

Let me guess. That’s all CGI and alien lizard people clones to make Trump supporters look bad?
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 11:24:45 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Yeah, this shit is not going to happen. Maybe magazine limitations or other fuckery, but all semis in the NFA? Not happening. Court system is still firmly in GOP control and the dems aren't able to do shit except through executive order. And the midterms are going to be a red wave.

I swear some gun owners love to invent scenarios in their head so they can have their own little meltdowns.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 11:26:49 AM EDT
[#47]
Not in 10 years.

They're still fighting to get a national dumbass ny/cal style awb that doesn't even completely ban ARs

After that they'll spend at least another decade pretending that 'closing loopholes' will make idiocy work.

In 30-50 years everything semi OR dbm will be heavily regulated.

Link Posted: 5/31/2022 11:28:56 AM EDT
[#48]
You're optimistic op. The timeline seems a little long, and a little lax. I think they will ban ownership outright via mandatory "buyback". I don't think it will go over well though.

America needs a divorce, badly.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 11:32:40 AM EDT
[#49]
nfa mag fed semi-auto centerfire maybe eventually. but if so you will be able to transfer them like mgs today. they MAY sunset new as described items like in 86 with mgs. semi-auto pistols also.

my prediction is, if they do this things like wwII garands will not be added to that list.

before this happens though a dramatic shift in power will be required, including both houses of congress, the president and supreme court. i honestly dont think this will happen in my lifetime.

i could see a new assault weapons ban but even that is not likely.

the best way to prevent this from happening, is to somehow keep such weapons out of the hands of demented folks.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 11:33:40 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Liberty Freedom and laws are becoming mutually exclusive.

Plan accordingly.
View Quote

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top