Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 8/21/2021 3:42:31 PM EDT
What have I done

It's exactly how I would have ordered it and I should have it by the end of September.

Link Posted: 8/21/2021 3:43:58 PM EDT
[#1]
It looks good with the black grill.  I really wish they wouldn't have gone so large on the grill though with the last major facelift, really took my interest out of buying one, even though they are great vehicles for the money.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 3:44:38 PM EDT
[#2]
You chose wisely.

Link Posted: 8/21/2021 3:46:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I keep telling myself that but I feel bad about spending the extra $10K over the 4Runner I was going to get.

Being able to actually get this one within a couple of months at MSRP put me over the edge.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 3:47:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I keep telling myself that but I feel bad about spending the extra $10K over the 4Runner I was going to get.

Being able to actually get this one within a couple of months at MSRP put me over the edge.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I had a 4Runner (3 actually) since 2010. You made the right choice. If anything, the cabin is silent compared to the 4Runner. Silent at 80mph…

Overall, the GX is built better.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 3:51:18 PM EDT
[#5]
We got the RX 450h model…the 4” longer one with 3 rows.  Very nice.  I like that green color
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 4:00:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Love my 12. Will own one till I die. Maybe this one at how much I drive
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 4:01:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Only thing keeping me from an lx570 is that grille
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 4:03:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Very nice! Congrats!
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 4:03:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice ! My wife has one.

Great car but I dislike the grill, I would've preferred an earlier used 460 personally.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 4:10:33 PM EDT
[#10]
I keep hoping for a steel bumper that looks better. Way out of my price range anyway. My 470 is still wonderful to drive.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 4:17:48 PM EDT
[#11]
nice op.
I still run my 05 4runner.
Want a newer gx460
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 4:18:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I had a 4Runner (3 actually) since 2010. You made the right choice. If anything, the cabin is silent compared to the 4Runner. Silent at 80mph…

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We did test drive a 2019 Luxury and it was extremely quiet in the cabin which was unexpected.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 4:18:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's funny as the price stopped me cold in my tracks
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 4:20:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 4:23:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
What have I done

It's exactly how I would have ordered it and I should have it by the end of September.

https://nextcloud.fstech.ltd/s/Y2Wb6P3f3XkeX4c/preview
View Quote

That thing looks awesome!
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 4:25:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Is anyone making aftermarket bumper/grille packages that make it look less..."unconventional"?
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 4:26:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I keep hoping for a steel bumper that looks better. Way out of my price range anyway. My 470 is still wonderful to drive.
View Quote

I like the looks of this one:
https://cbioffroadfab.com/product/lexus-gx460-covert-series-front-bumper/

Link Posted: 8/21/2021 4:27:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Nice ! My wife has one.

Great car but I dislike the grill, I would've preferred an earlier used 460 personally.
View Quote

I can't say that I disagree with you about the looks.  I do like the Nori Green Black Line Edition though.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 4:27:55 PM EDT
[#19]
I’m sure it will hold it’s value, but it looks ridiculously out of place in an outdoor setting.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 4:27:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Front end looks like a vacuum cleaner, but nice otherwise. Would drive.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 4:29:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I’m sure it will hold it’s value, but it looks ridiculously out of place in an outdoor setting.
View Quote

4 days after I bought my 4Runner I was out driving it through a pasture to go shooting.

I'm not sure I'll be able to do that with this vehicle
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 4:32:31 PM EDT
[#22]
I actually like it but it does sort of look like Darth Vader’s slack-jawed yokel cousin

Seriously though a nice car
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 4:34:01 PM EDT
[#23]
I got a 2018 GX certified pre owned in March.  22k miles on the clock and pristine condition.  The mpg is what it is.  The technology is about 10 years behind but it’s a nice ride that will last thru the apocalypse or so I’m told.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 4:34:59 PM EDT
[#24]
front end looks like an electric razor.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 4:35:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

4 days after I bought my 4Runner I was out driving it through a pasture to go shooting.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m going to get a Sequoia or a Tundra, but I may have to order it.

Did you get it at MSRP?
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 4:35:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I got a 2018 GX certified pre owned in March.  22k miles on the clock and pristine condition.  The mpg is what it is.  The technology is about 10 years behind but it’s a nice ride that will last thru the apocalypse or so I’m told.
View Quote

Part of what made me jump on this one is the upgrade to the infotainment system.  It's much better now than in the '21 MY.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 4:37:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Those are going to be absolutely perfect. We’re super excited to get them in. Already got a few sold.

Congrats on getting the nori green, gonna be hard to get
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 4:37:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Did you get it at MSRP?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you get it at MSRP?

I had ordered a 4Runner but am going to cancel it as there's no ETA on it even being allocated.

I did get it at MSRP and have it in writing.  I won't pay over MSRP for a vehicle even in these times when I sold my 4Runner back in June and miss it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 4:37:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Good timing Toyota just slowed production and stopped taking preorders.

Great choice - GX is fantastic.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 4:38:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I sold my 2003 GX with 190k miles on it. Not a squeak or rattle in the thing.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 4:40:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Those are going to be absolutely perfect. We’re super excited to get them in. Already got a few sold.

Congrats on getting the nori green, gonna be hard to get
View Quote

Thanks!  I'm extremely exited as I've never had anything nicer than a SR5 4Runner.

I couldn't believe they could actually get it for me from a trading partner dealer so I jumped on it within 5 minutes of finding out I could have it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 4:41:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's why I couldn't pass it up.  I really don't want to wait 6 months or more for a vehicle.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 4:43:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Thanks!  I'm extremely exited as I've never had anything nicer than a SR5 4Runner.

I couldn't believe they could actually get it for me from a trading partner dealer so I jumped on it within 5 minutes of finding out I could have it.
View Quote

What options did you get on it? We have zero coming into to either of our dealers but plenty of people want that color which won’t be offered outside of the Special edition. Funny thing is, is that fucking color on any other SUV is an absolute PITA to sell but on the GX it’s just stunning
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 4:47:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
What have I done

View Quote

That’s sexy as hell
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 4:48:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nice ride OP.

Pay attention to Toyota. If they are stopping/slowing production, the world’s supply chains are proper fucked.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 4:51:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
What have I done

View Quote

They look nice. I know Lexus just did a build with C4Fab or CBI, I don’t recall. It is just a whole lot of money to upfit them along with the base price. What I’m hoping though is this is the direction the 2023 4Runner goes. The 4.6L V8 is power the 4Runner really needs to stay competitive.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 4:55:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

What options did you get on it? We have zero coming into to either of our dealers but plenty of people want that color which won’t be offered outside of the Special edition. Funny thing is, is that fucking color on any other SUV is an absolute PITA to sell but on the GX it’s just stunning
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's actually equipped exactly how I wanted it.  Headlamp washers, tow hitch, exhaust tip, and mats.

I thought about the upgraded stereo but didn't want the power third row that I'll never use.

I thought that color looked good on the RX but can see how it's polarizing.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 4:58:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Nice ride OP.

Pay attention to Toyota. If they are stopping/slowing production, the world’s supply chains are proper fucked.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice ride OP.

Supposedly this one isn't affected but I'll find out more next week.  Fingers crossed!
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 5:00:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

We did test drive a 2019 Luxury and it was extremely quiet in the cabin which was unexpected.
View Quote

The quiet cabin is great except when you consistently find yourself doing 30 over the speed limit when not watching the speedometer.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 5:00:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

They look nice. I know Lexus just did a build with C4Fab or CBI, I don’t recall. It is just a whole lot of money to upfit them along with the base price. What I’m hoping though is this is the direction the 2023 4Runner goes. The 4.6L V8 is power the 4Runner really needs to stay competitive.
View Quote

Sadly the only way the new 4Runner will be going is to a small turbo'ed engine thanks to the EPA
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 5:01:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Part of what made me jump on this one is the upgrade to the infotainment system.  It's much better now than in the '21 MY.
View Quote

It’s old school but believe it or not, I’m not used to anything fancy.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 5:02:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

The quiet cabin is great except when you consistently find yourself doing 30 over the speed limit when not watching the speedometer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can totally see that and even experienced it during the test drive.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 5:02:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Sadly the only way the new 4Runner will be going is to a small turbo'ed engine thanks to the EPA
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can see a turbo V6 but size wise the GX460 and 4Runner are pretty close. If Toyota can put a 4.6l V8 in the 460 there shouldn’t be any reason they can’t do the same in the T4R.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 5:03:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Throw some 44’s and a couple lockers on it and you’d have a decent beginner mud bogger.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 5:08:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Throw some 44’s and a couple lockers on it and you’d have a decent beginner mud bogger.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Bruh, just to get 33s you have to get a lift, new UCAs, spacers, do a frame chop, bend pinch welds, and chop off most of the front end. 35s would be even more cutting. 44s, lol. I realize you’re joking though.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 5:09:11 PM EDT
[#46]
That’s hot.

Can’t wait to see bumper, sliders, and 285’s.

This front setup is slick

@jafrush makes this one

Link Posted: 8/21/2021 5:10:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Holy fuck that is one ugly SOB
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 5:12:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
That’s hot.

Can’t wait to see bumper, sliders, and 285’s.
View Quote

I plan on leaving it stock except for better tires.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 5:12:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Holy fuck that is one ugly SOB
View Quote

Damn...right in the feelz
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 5:14:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
What have I done

View Quote

GD says put WTF it is in the title or fuck off.

Said what the fuck is was so I didn't waste time
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top