Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 10:05:27 PM EDT
[#1]
How much are we talking? Pallets? 100 bottles?
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 10:05:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 10:07:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
And have no idea what to do with it.

I won't go into details about why I ended up with it because that part isn't important but it was all completely legal. Kinda like a family member that legally gave you a rifle. It is all well known (and mostly high quality) names of unopened brands though none of it is particularly rare.  The thing is, even though I enjoy a little scotch or bourbon here and there, I'd need 2 lifetimes to drink it all. Or possibly a massive party with a bunch of spirited college kids?

I have the space to store it but to be honest why would I? I don't have a bar and even if I did I'd have to buy it through a distributor to keep in check with a liquor license so I can't even sell it to a bar owner no matter how pristine it is.

I am thinking my best route at this point is to make gifts to my friends from time to time or wait for the apocalypse because I know it will be one of the most tradeable assets there are then.

How would you dispense of it?
View Quote

Facebook marketplace or craigslist ad for trades which may include factory ammo or reloading components if you roll your own.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 10:10:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where at in Ohio?
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/28/2022 10:11:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm in northeast Ohio by Cleveland.   Would gladly buy some bottles off you
View Quote
Same. Let's come together as brothers to help OP out of this terrible predicament
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 10:12:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

for real, easy on the details OP.....
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 10:13:37 PM EDT
[#7]
A buddy of mine ended up with a bunch of inventory from a failed liquor store. He gave bottles away, to everyone. Kept the rest for trade stock for emergencies.

I'm not sure what else you'd do with it. I don't drink enough to know much about the black market economics of used liquor bottles.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 10:13:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Are you good friends with WOAFP?
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 10:13:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Party at OP's house. Hopefully it isn't a basement.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 10:15:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Save it for trading material in the upcoming hard times. Food shortages will mean the raw materials needed to make alcohol will be used to make foid instead. And alcoholics can't go without it or they could potentially die.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 10:16:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Ship some back to KY for validation testing would be your 1st step
View Quote

I like your style!
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 10:16:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

90 bottles
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 10:18:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Russells or Wild Turkey?
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 10:18:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Ohio Arfcom brother checking in

I'll actually be headed south from Toledo area tomorrow going thru Cbus on way to SC.  I can be there about 5-6pm, just PM me your address

ETA: while I'm in SC, I'll be about 15 minutes from PSA, if you happen to need anything brought back
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 10:20:11 PM EDT
[#15]
I feel compelled to assist you with your dilemma! I can make sure that the nasty old Rum won't bother you anymore. It's not so much a public service, as it is a calling.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 10:21:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 10:21:42 PM EDT
[#17]
When my mom died, I inherited 2 truckloads of liquor from her 50 year career in bartending. Sime of it's rare. I don't care. It's getting drank and enjoyed. When friends come over i point them at the 50 bottles plus and yell them enjoy, if they open a sealed bottle, I want the first taste.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 10:23:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Party at OP's house. Hopefully it isn't a basement.
View Quote

I live in my mom's basement and she doesn't want this stuff in her house. I like model trains and imitation crab too.  I am an expert at video games and failures with girlfriends. It is all I know. But you can't win at anything if you are blind drunk!

Mom's basement is nice and she makes good sandwiches btw!
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 10:25:12 PM EDT
[#19]
If you are my dad's neighbor I may have to tell him to save some for me.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 10:28:36 PM EDT
[#20]
About how many total bottles?
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 10:34:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I live in my mom's basement and she doesn't want this stuff in her house. I like model trains and imitation crab too.  I am an expert at video games and failures with girlfriends. It is all I know. But you can't win at anything if you are blind drunk!

View Quote

You had me at model trains . Standing by for address
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 10:38:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 10:48:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

90 bottles (or so) and here is the bourbon list.  There were 4 of us that ended up with all of it.  In this list I have is what is listed as the remaining column for bourbon

Bourbon list
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 10:49:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Step 1:  find some mint plants.
Step 2:  hide the scotch.
Step 3:  invite your friends over for a night of mint juleps
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 10:50:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

How’s the meatloaf?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How’s the meatloaf?

Not bad but she puts ketsup on top of it and I don't like ketsup. I just scrape that off
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 10:51:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 10:53:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
My father passed in 2019 and I inherited a lifetime of alcohol from his years of international travel as a salesmen. Apparently boomers drank, smoked, and played cards because I had 100 bottles, 75 ash trays and hundreds of matchbooks, and dozens of NIB playing cards with my father's company logo.

I made gifts of them to my folk's friends. I found that the painter, gardener, and real estate agent took liquor in trade. I ended up shipping back a couple dozen bottles ... my daughter will deal with them when I pass.
View Quote
They danced the hoochy coo too!
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 10:54:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

I didn't even know that mint juleps were made with scotch? I know that at the Kentucky Derby I see people drinking them but wouldn't that be more of a bourbon thing?
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 10:58:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Back in the 1970s, one of the men in the neighborhood was a VP for Seagrams.  I learned that the bottles opened for testing went home with people.  They guy had quite a collection, and so a neighborhood block party was convened.

I was in my teens, but I remember it well.  I have never seen a neighborhood event like that.  The adults were puking in bushes; more than one inebriated person was moved with a wheelbarrow, and there were passed-out neighbors(or just resting, dunno, didn't poke any of them) on lawns here and there.

Do that.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 10:58:38 PM EDT
[#30]
man thats pretty cool!!
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 10:59:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I didn't even know that mint juleps were made with scotch? I know that at the Kentucky Derby I see people drinking them but wouldn't that be more of a bourbon thing?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, it's made with bourbon.  Step 2: hide the scotch.  That's yours.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 11:02:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 11:03:55 PM EDT
[#33]
GD loves its bourbon, and this thread is no exception.

Tell us about the scotches. Idaho doesn’t always have a great selection in the state stores, so I’ll just read the list and live vicariously.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 11:06:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I would 'dispense' of it the old fashioned way, of course.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 11:07:01 PM EDT
[#35]
In all seriousness, store like a third of it and give the rest as gifts (birthday, Christmas,...) to adults you care about. Save a bunch of money.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 11:08:35 PM EDT
[#36]
I consider us best friends.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 11:14:27 PM EDT
[#37]
You should actively try to pickle your liver and turn it all into piss.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 11:23:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Take a bottle with you every time you go out to eat for the staff. You’ll be greatly rewarded.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 11:29:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Damn i never get lucky like that. Some decent bourbons on that list. What other whiskeys?
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 11:30:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

90 bottles (or so) and here is the bourbon list.  There were 4 of us that ended up with all of it.  In this list I have is what is listed as the remaining column for bourbon

Bourbon list
View Quote
I don't recognize a number of those bottles, lots of variety, interesting collection for sure! Quite a bit of value in it as well, best luck with whatever you decide, if we're having a Arfcom drinkathon, I'll drive on down for that.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 11:30:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Let’s see the scotch…
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 11:31:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Bourbon list
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bourbon list

Damn it. Nothing to scream about. Still a great score and you'll never need to buy daily drinking bourbon again.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 11:31:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Take a bottle with you every time you go out to eat for the staff. You’ll be greatly rewarded.
View Quote

“Sir, this is a McDonald’s. There isn’t a Blanton’s button on the register.”
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 11:32:26 PM EDT
[#44]
I wish I had that "problem".
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 11:32:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Just a suggestion.  Hold a raffle here.  Winner gets bottle mailed to them. Proceeds go to a good cause.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 11:35:17 PM EDT
[#46]
As best friend to the OP I would like a bottle of Angels Envy.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 11:41:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
If you believe there's going to be a day when you'll need stores of rice, beans and ammo, then you can probably imagine a time when booze would be worthwhile to have.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/28/2022 11:52:01 PM EDT
[#48]
lemme know if you want my address. i’ll take as much as you want to part with.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 12:09:18 AM EDT
[#49]
Attachment Attached File

Build a bar?
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 12:19:23 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Bourbon list
View Quote

The Maker's Cask Strength and Michter's Sour Mash can be difficult to find. Angel's Envy is a decent pour and on the sweeter side.

You can use OHLQ.com to track inventory in your area.

If we want to arrange an Ohio Party I'll bring some Weller Antique.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top