Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/6/2019 1:13:03 AM EDT
Pulled off the interstate for a pit stop.

I'll admit I don't understand it.  A skull with headphones?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 1:14:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Bro.
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 1:21:08 AM EDT
[#2]
911 dispatchers are not nice people. At least that one In Fort smith
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 1:34:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 1:57:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Arby's?
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 2:00:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Billy bad ass right there. There’s usually one or two dispatchers in every PSAP that wear 5.11 pants and a thin blue line punisher shirt or something ironic like that.

if you ask them what they do, they're basically door kickers with a headset.

Edit - the majority are great people that have a sense of community service and are good at their jobs. But when you meet that special dispatcher, they’re speicial.
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 2:03:40 AM EDT
[#6]
That’s as bad as the TBL “wife” sticker I saw on a vehicle the other day. Why would anyone want to advertise they’re a cops wife? That’s like painting a giant target on your car for every criminal fuck out there
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 2:08:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Why even try to understand?  Simply ignore.
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 2:11:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 2:12:11 AM EDT
[#9]
what color for my thin color line flag sticker?
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 2:16:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Diamond back rattlesnake stripe . Avoid stepping on the viper ...
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 2:16:57 AM EDT
[#11]
“Look at me and thank me for saving lives”
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 2:19:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 2:27:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Headset because well, they use one.

Skull because whoever that is is dead inside due to that suckass job.

View Quote
Well, it's true.
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 2:28:16 AM EDT
[#14]
lol..
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 2:29:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Who cares
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 2:31:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Arby's?
View Quote

Quoted:
Why even try to understand?  Simply ignore.
View Quote
I'll also admit I didn't put much effort into understanding it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 2:35:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Who cares
View Quote
I cared enough to snap a pic and post it here.
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 2:43:39 AM EDT
[#18]
I’ve worked in a 911 Center for almost a decade now, pretty stupid looking sticker IMO.  In no way do I equate my position to that of the responders on the road, but the job is pretty high stress at times, and pretty important.
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 2:49:02 AM EDT
[#19]
I bet that is the dispatcher that sends the Officer that does too much self initiated while she is on Amazon on the worst calls on purpose.
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 2:52:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
Multicam
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 3:06:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Everybody needs a pat on the back these days for doing their effin JOB.
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 3:54:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Maybe if they answer you are guaranteed to die?
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 6:20:31 AM EDT
[#23]
What, you guys have never heard of the thin yellow line? Farva gets a color too!
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 6:23:34 AM EDT
[#24]
I hope you paid for that “first responder’s” meal at the drive-thru!
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 6:44:59 AM EDT
[#25]
I’m wondering about the license plate.
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 6:52:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Billy bad ass right there. There’s usually one or two dispatchers in every PSAP that wear 5.11 pants and a thin blue line punisher shirt or something ironic like that.
View Quote
I worked in the operations center of a Federal disaster response organization; what you say is dead on.

My favorite was the guy who had his own badge made.
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 6:54:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I’m wondering about the license plate.
View Quote
Yeah if it's a vanity tag, they wasted their money.
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 6:59:22 AM EDT
[#28]
The thin gold line.

Okay, maybe just gold line.
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 7:00:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Many years ago I took my CHL class from a guy that worked as a local PD dispatcher.  He was so full of himself that from the way he talked you would think he was the head of the SWAT team.
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 7:00:53 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 7:02:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"no step on usb-c cord"
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 7:04:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
Thin Brown Line (coffee )
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 7:14:35 AM EDT
[#33]
I bet Boss has a sticker like that.
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 7:23:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Car stickers.
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 7:38:27 AM EDT
[#35]
LMAO. I was a dispatcher working nights while I was in school. I worked for chill small city so it was a pretty sweet gig, had the place to myself, call volume was very low and officers were usually decent. Honestly dealing with the department administration was easily 10x worse than the actual job itself.

Quoted:
Many years ago I took my CHL class from a guy that worked as a local PD dispatcher.  He was so full of himself that from the way he talked you would think he was the head of the SWAT team.
View Quote
If you took the CHL in San Antonio I know exactly who you are talking about. My wife and I had the misfortune of taking our CHL there as well. The best part was when he told the class how when standing outside his shop with an AR15 he could see the pilots (who were busy landing passenger jets a mile away) get all freaked out looking at him. To this day that stands as the most I've ever heard said with a straight face.
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 7:40:49 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
That’s as bad as the TBL “wife” sticker I saw on a vehicle the other day. Why would anyone want to advertise they’re a cops wife? That’s like painting a giant target on your car for every criminal fuck out there
View Quote
There's a car around here with a Lineman's Wife sticker on the back glass.

Eta: I also know a woman who's married to a local deputy, she had a sticker with his unit number made up and put it in her back glass, like "<3 unit 27" or something.
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 7:41:07 AM EDT
[#37]
I’m actually quite surprised that person was able to put their food down long enough to put the sticker on. Lord knows they have to always talk on the radio with a mouth full of donuts. Bunch of fat customer service reps is typically all they are.
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 7:41:24 AM EDT
[#38]
Meh,  it's an attempt at a get out of jail free card.   Just like my VFD license plates.  May keep the popo off your back.
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 7:43:16 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I saw one once with a shirt on that said something like "God created dispatchers because even He needs heroes". It was hilarious at the time and even more so a few years later when we got our own access to the CAD system and found out how much information they were getting from callers and then withholding from us.
View Quote
I hope to God you put your hand over your heart when speaking to him and finished the conversation with "Thank you for your service."
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 8:07:38 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I'm actually quite surprised that person was able to put their food down long enough to put the sticker on. Lord knows they have to always talk on the radio with a mouth full of donuts. Bunch of fat customer service reps is typically all they are.
View Quote
Stereotype much?

Did a dispatcher steal your cookies or did they send your annoying ass on a shitty call or something lol?

Plenty of Dispatchers are overweight.  High stress sedentary jobs are a perfect environment for it.  Shall we discuss how many overweight police officers there are?  Or how many cops do everything they can to get out of doing their job?  How many of them are on a power trip?  Is it the norm?  No it's not, so a decent person doesn't label all officers that way.  Saying an entire group of people are a "Bunch of fat customer service reps" makes you appear to have the same mentality as all the other "cops suck", "repubs are bad", "Conservatives are fascists" people.
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 8:40:51 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

If you took the CHL in San Antonio I know exactly who you are talking about. My wife and I had the misfortune of taking our CHL there as well. The best part was when he told the class how when standing outside his shop with an AR15 he could see the pilots (who were busy landing passenger jets a mile away) get all freaked out looking at him. To this day that stands as the most I've ever heard said with a straight face.
View Quote
Yep, same guy by the SA airport.  His stories were ridiculous.  Anytime someone asked about taking their CHL class or doing a transfer through him I tried to steer them away! Lol
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 8:49:48 AM EDT
[#42]
Lol its always fun to see whos a dispatcher or has a soft spot for dispatchers in these sort of threads
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 8:51:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Maybe they are not very good at their job, and proud of it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 8:53:00 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 8:58:38 AM EDT
[#45]
This "Hero complex" bullshit has been out if hand since 9/11

And this is from a guy who lost a cousin (firefighter) in the towers.
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 9:01:23 AM EDT
[#46]
Our dispatch supervisor has the little stick family thing on her car window. For herself she put a police officer. This woman is a 350lbs walking stereotype, when someone called her out about having a police officer representing herself she got really offended and said dispatching and police officer weren't that different.
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 9:01:51 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Edit - the majority are great people that have a sense of community service and are good at their jobs. But when you meet that special dispatcher, they’re speicial.
View Quote
I’m in direct coms with the lead door kicker, bro!
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 9:03:19 AM EDT
[#48]
How old did the driver look?

When you are new to public safety you feel like you are 10 feet tall and bulletproof and like to fly that flag high.

After a while, almost everyone tones it down to the level that is required to maybe get out of a ticket and begins to feel empty inside.

Link Posted: 9/6/2019 9:05:55 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Billy bad ass right there. There's usually one or two dispatchers in every PSAP that wear 5.11 pants and a thin blue line punisher shirt or something ironic like that.

Edit - the majority are great people that have a sense of community service and are good at their jobs. But when you meet that special dispatcher, they're speicial.
View Quote
That's true. The ones I had on my shift were good and we took care of them. They
got paid very little and deal with a lot. Sitting in that chair doing that makes you want
to kill kittens.
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 9:08:39 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I'm wondering about the license plate.
View Quote
Exactly. WTF is that?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top