BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 5:06:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/51536/IMG_1565_JPG-307534.jpg

This was my dinner last night. I have no fucking clue how many calories are in it, and I can't be bothered to bust out a calculator and a scale to try and figure it out. 

Even if I did, it would only be a crude estimate. 
View Quote
I was waiting for you to post the pic of the NASA scientists.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 5:07:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I think anyone that doesn't know they are fat because they eat to much is likely functionally retarded. Sure everyone makes excuses and some of them may even have a little validity but no one is cramming down a dozen donuts a liter of cola and a large pizza and deep down doesn't know that is what is making them fat.
View Quote
I think there are a lot of people who legitimately have no idea how many calories they're consuming or burning.

I also think obesity isn't the result of people slamming large pizzas or a box of donuts - most people don't gain 150 pounds in a year - it's a slow process.  Lots of 300, 400, 500 calorie surpluses that add up over time.

Add to that the normalization of large portions (nobody has any idea what one serving of Cinnamon Toast Crunch actually looks like), throw in a natural human inclination to avoid blaming yourself, and insulin spikes/withdrawals that feel a lot like nicotine withdrawal, and I think there actually are a lot of really obese people out there who have no conscious idea as to why they're obese.  Unconsciously they may know, but they will look for any excuse that they can find to avoid having to take responsibility for their decisions and their condition, which means they'll glom onto any explanation for why they're fat - as long as they can blame something else.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 5:10:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This was my dinner last night. I have no fucking clue how many calories are in it, and I can't be bothered to bust out a calculator and a scale to try and figure it out. 

They didn't count calories either. 
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 5:11:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I think there are a lot of people who legitimately have no idea how many calories they're consuming or burning.

I also think obesity isn't the result of people slamming large pizzas or a box of donuts - most people don't gain 150 pounds in a year - it's a slow process.  Lots of 300, 400, 500 calorie surpluses that add up over time.

Add to that the normalization of large portions (nobody has any idea what one serving of Cinnamon Toast Crunch actually looks like), throw in a natural human inclination to avoid blaming yourself, and insulin spikes/withdrawals that feel a lot like nicotine withdrawal, and I think there actually are a lot of really obese people out there who have no conscious idea as to why they're obese.  Unconsciously they may know, but they will look for any excuse that they can find to avoid having to take responsibility for their decisions and their condition, which means they'll glom onto any explanation for why they're fat - as long as they can blame something else.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/14/2017 5:12:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

3000 is VERY high.

For context, running a marathon burns about 2600 cals. Not saying it isn't possible, but that's a very, very high number.

Unless you're talking about your TDEE being 3000, that's well within reason.
View Quote
Have no idea, lol, I just read the Fitbit

I have no idea what TDEE is either .

All I know is , I eat a lot of food. I work my ass off. I stay skinny
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 5:13:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
that's impossible you have to count calories to lose weight

next you are going to tell me you are losing weight and not even hungry
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 5:14:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
Food, IMO, can be just as addictive as nicotene, alcohol, and hard drugs, especially fast food and soda.

By the way, ever since I started cutting back my intake (trying to consume 1300-1200 calories a day) and working out, I've dropped about 28 pounds since May.

By next May, I aim to get back down to my old weight of 174.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 5:14:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

i'm curious about the nasa thing?
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 5:21:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
There is a lot of truth to this.

Eat a 100 calorie/day surplus over a year and you'll gain 10 pounds. Over a decade, you're 100 pounds overweight.

Cutting weight is hard, but once you learn it you can easily nip any weight gain in the bud.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 5:22:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In other threads, I've hypothesized that those chain-smoking, stressed out, short-sleeved, skinny-tie wearing thin fucks you saw in archival footage weren't gym rats, definitely weren't health nuts, and didn't weigh portions or count calories. 

And yet, they weren't massive fat fucks at the time. Mysteries of the universe...
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 5:26:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
In other threads, I've hypothesized that those chain-smoking, stressed out, short-sleeved, skinny-tie wearing thin fucks you saw in archival footage weren't gym rats, definitely weren't health nuts, and didn't weigh portions or count calories. 

And yet, they weren't massive fat fucks at the time. Mysteries of the universe...
View Quote
ok i remember the pic, i think there was at least one fat guy in there though
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 5:26:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
Sub already answered your question...but maybe a week or so in the regularly scheduled "Hate all fatties" thread here in GD, Sub posted a pic like this:

Essentially, asking why there weren't any fatties in the picture.

EDIT:  as a side note back in the mid 1980's, I got to tour the Air Force Rescue Coordination Center.  A little Cessna like plane crashes and its Emergency Locator Transmitter (ELT) starts transmitting a signal.  Satellitees flying overhead pick up the signal.  So at the AFRCC there was this big map of the US on one wall.  I mean so big I think there was a rolling ladder.  Some enlisted guy would roll the ladder to where it needed to be, climb up the ladder and place something like a lightning bolt symbol on the map to denote that is where one of the satellites picked up a signal.

Onto my point...somewhere in the back areas amongst the cubicles, some dude must have smoked like a chimney.  There was a glass ashtray in his cubicle.  It was the size of a hub cap in diameter.  It was filled about 2 inches deep with cigarette butts and you could smell it from about 20 feet away.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 5:27:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Sub already answered your question...but maybe a week or so in the regularly scheduled "Hate all fatties" thread here in GD, Sub posted a pic like this:

https://www.nasa.gov/centers/kennedy/images/content/662790main_lcc-apollo.jpg

View Quote
Black ties and BC glasses cause weight loss, duh.   That's just science.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 5:29:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Conventional wisdom suggests that they carefully counted calories (taking their BMR into account along with activity level), weighed and measured portions, exercised a lot, etc. I remain...skeptical. 
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 5:32:22 PM EDT
[#15]
If you're a soda-slammer like I was, just eliminate them from your day, and you'll drop serious weight (>25lbs in two months, for me).  I was pounding down something on the order of 1500 calories/day of just sodas.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 5:33:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
see yeah guy in the front right corner is a a little chunky, of course back then he would have been the fat one whereas today fatties would give him shit for being too skinny
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 5:35:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Conventional wisdom suggests that they carefully counted calories (taking their BMR into account along with activity level), weighed and measured portions, exercised a lot, etc. I remain...skeptical. 
View Quote
Or they just ate reasonable portions of whatever and when the mirror told them they were starting to look like a fat fuck, consciously ate less.

Keto-church dogma would have us believe they all ate nothing but steaks, bacon, and butter.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 5:39:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Or they just ate reasonable portions of whatever and when the mirror told them they were starting to look like a fat fuck, consciously ate less.

Keto-church dogma would have us believe they all ate nothing but steaks, bacon, and butter.  
View Quote
well that was before the whole fat is bad for you thing so they likely did eat a good bit more fat than what the modern american does.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 5:41:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Here's a modern mission control room picture. Maybe it's just that the type of people who are dedicated enough to work for nasa are also the same types who arent inclined to overeat and get fat/and or workout to take care of themselves?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 5:46:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Here's a modern mission control room picture. Maybe it's just that the type of people who are dedicated enough to work for nasa are also the same types who are inclined to overeat and get fat?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/319006/IMG_1046-307555.JPG
View Quote
You also notice it in wide shots of television studio audiences, sporting events, etc back in the day. We've collectively become quite portly. And I don't think it's because the entire country up and got lazy, or just decided to pig out on a whim. 

We (collectively) eat way too fucking much, we just don't know why. 

They're getting fatter in Europe too over the same period of time (it's really noticeable in the UK), so it's not just an American phenomenon. Fascinating shit. 
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 5:49:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
You also notice it in wide shots of television studio audiences, sporting events, etc back in the day. We've collectively become quite portly. And I don't think it's because the entire country up and got lazy, or just decided to pig out on a whim. 

They're getting fatter in Europe too over the same period of time (it's really noticeable in the UK), so it's not just an American phenomenon. Fascinating shit. 
View Quote
If only there were some way of counting how much we ate in terms of how our bodies metabolized the food into useful energy.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 5:51:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here's a modern mission control room picture. Maybe it's just that the type of people who are dedicated enough to work for nasa are also the same types who are inclined to overeat and get fat?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/319006/IMG_1046-307555.JPG

I dunno. Food is cheap and easy. You literally don't have to leave your car. You can have pizza delivered, takeout, etc.

Food has also gotten better tasting. So you want to eat more of it. A Big Mac, fries, and a Coke is delicious, cheap, and easy. But it's what, 1200 calories? That's more than half your days food if you are an average man that doesn't work out.

I don't think it's a secret. If you make food that tastes good, is cheap, and extremely accessible then the average population is gonna get fatter.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 5:56:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Lol, I'm the same size roughly and 1800 would put weight on me if I ate that much.

Oh well, I guess being 47 with a lardass german metabolism doesn't leave me much wiggle room.

Most days I eat about 1600 to maintain. Maybe more if I work out hard.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 5:57:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They definitely didn't follow a Ketogenic diet. Hell, I don't either.  I just post in that thread because it's a rough approximation of how I normally eat, as a matter of habit. That dinner pic I posted earlier? There's a bunch of apples in there. Definitely not ketogenic (they would eschew eating that much sweet fruit). 

Still, if I were to hazard a guess, I'd hypothesize that compared to today, they ate a diet that was higher in fat and lower in carbohydrate than what most Americans are accustomed to today. And if I were to continue guessing, I'd guess that most of that difference in carbohydrate comes from sugar - probably soft drinks and the fact that we eat more packaged/prepared foods than we used to, which near universally contain quite a bit of added sugar/HFCS to make them more palatable. 
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 6:00:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I dunno. Food is cheap and easy. You literally don't have to leave your car. You can have pizza delivered, takeout, etc.

Food has also gotten better tasting. So you want to eat more of it. A Big Mac, fries, and a Coke is delicious, cheap, and easy. But it's what, 1200 calories? That's more than half your days food if you are an average man that doesn't work out.

I don't think it's a secret. If you make food that tastes good, is cheap, and extremely accessible then the average population is gonna get fatter.
View Quote
that whole tastes good bit in processed food is a huge aspect of it. The food companies tweak the fat salt sugar ratio to make food that is probably about as addictive as crack.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 6:05:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
They definitely didn't follow a Ketogenic diet. Hell, I don't either.  I just post in that thread because it's a rough approximation of how I normally eat, as a matter of habit. That dinner pic I posted earlier? There's a bunch of apples in there. Definitely not ketogenic (they would eschew eating that much sweet fruit). 

Still, if I were to hazard a guess, I'd hypothesize that compared to today, they ate a diet that was higher in fat and lower in carbohydrate than what most Americans are accustomed to today. And if I were to continue guessing, I'd guess that most of that difference in carbohydrate comes from sugar - probably soft drinks and the fact that we eat more packaged/prepared foods than we used to, which near universally contain quite a bit of added sugar/HFCS to make them more palatable. 
View Quote
The fact that they add sugar to almost everything made in a factory is a big part of the problem, no doubt.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 6:08:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
If only there were some way of counting how much we ate in terms of how our bodies metabolized the food into useful energy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You certainly can (and it works, it's just a pain in the ass), but I don't believe that most of the American people were doing this in the 50's and 60's. And yet, they remained relatively lean compared to today. 

In my mind, you should eat only when you're hungry and only until you're satiated. If you do this and are still putting on weight somehow, it means your body is incorrectly feeling hungry when it really shouldn't be. Something wrong. Something's broken. You'll have to either figure out why (probably make some dietary adjustments)...or just count calories instead and deal with being hungry a lot, even though you've consumed a sufficient number of calories by the numbers. Personally, I think it's easier to just tweak your diet a bit so that you:

A) Don't have to bust out a scale and a calculator every time you cook a fuckin' meal.
B) Are able to eat fewer calories without feeling hungry all the damn time - it's probably more sustainable this way. 

Either way works, I just think it's easier to tweak your diet a bit. Honestly, if you just cook the vast majority of your food yourself from fresh ingredients instead of ripping open a can/box/bag and tossing it in the microwave, you almost can't help but eat pretty damn sensibly by default (unless you bake pastries and deserts all day ). There's no need to go full on biohacker or anything, unless you just like nerding out on nutrition (fuck that). 
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 6:35:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
Imagine a common breakfast of eggs, bacon, pancakes and hash browns.

For DECADES nearly everyone told you it was the eggs and bacon that made you fat.  So you cut down on bacon, eggs and other "fattening" stuff.  But now you are strangely hungry all the time.

You discovered that after eating pancakes you were tired and hungry 2 hours later.  But you were following good sound advice-- or so you thought.  But you gained weight.

When people said "you're cheating on your diet" or "You're a lazy fuck," you doubled down.  And got fatter.  Only shear willpower, being opposed by your endocrine system at every step, could you ever hope to make progress.  Some people did-- but about 30 percent of the population didn't.

Now imagine that happening to 300 million people over 40 years.  It was the biggest nutritional science experiment ever done, and it was perpetrated on a fraud.

If you were armed with the newest and correct science, and discovered you could eat your fill of bacon and not get fat, would you be better off?

Now we know that old advice was bad, very very bad.  at some point it doesn't matter whose fault it was-- we are all responsible for ourselves.  It's just a lot harder when you are getting very bad advice.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 6:42:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
No it doesn't.  And have you ever been fat adapted for at least a few months?

The guys in the pics were less hungry and had fewer cravings because nobody told them that dietary fat was the debbil.  therefore they ate less.  Non of them had ever heard the phrase "low fat."  And no major medical foundations were telling them they should eat every few hours-- they were likely doing an unintentional intermittent fast.  

And they had never heard of fucking "ketosis."  But so what?

Availability of carby foods  has something to do with it.  But ask yourself how humans could survive for a couple million years if it was a natural phenomenon to eat yourself into morbid obesity.

Why do people crave more food when their stomachs are so full it hurts?
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 6:42:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Sounds like you plan your life around drinking.
View Quote
o
Don't we all?
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 6:44:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

No it doesn't.  And have you ever been fat adapted for at least a few months?

The guys in the pics were less hungry and had fewer cravings because nobody told them that dietary fat was the debbil.  therefore they ate less.  Non of them had ever heard the phrase "low fat."

Availability has something to do with it.  But ask yourself how humans could survive for a couple million years if it was a natural phenomenon to eat yourself into morbid obesity.

Why do people crave more food when their stomachs are so full it hurts?
View Quote
You can tell alot more than I can from photographs, apparently.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 6:47:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

You can tell alot more than I can from photographs, apparently.
View Quote
I was alive then.  I graduated HS in 1976; the fatties were like 5 percent of my class of 700.

In 1977, coincidentally, Senator McGovern teamed with Monsanto and convinced millions of people to stop eating fat.  the trend lines started going hockey stick.

Life got easier, but no chance suddenly everyone got slothy within a decade.  

There was no sugar in a jar of spaghetti sauce then.  Today it's the second ingredient after tomatoes.  Why?  Cuz when they removed the olive oil to make it "low fat," it tasted like shit.

Low fat, high carb everything and everywhere.  If you're young you can manage it, and even recover if you lost it for awhile.  If you're older, you'll need to get aggressive.

For me, it was keto.  but you go ahead and do what works for you.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 6:50:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Add to that the normalization of large portions (nobody has any idea what one serving of Cinnamon Toast Crunch actually looks like)...
View Quote
Small enough, that it's a fuckin' cock tease. It's so small, it's honestly not worth eating. And it's sugary as hell anyway (might as well be a dessert). I'd just as soon not bother. 

Besides, bacon and eggs are better. I mean come on, it's bacon and eggs. You can't go wrong. 

And if you're the calorie counting type, a couple eggs and a couple slices of bacon are only ~266 calories. 

Serving sizes on most packaged foods are a joke. Seriously, who's going to pour 3/4 cup of cereal, a 1/2 cup of milk, and call that a meal? Fucking nobody, and General Mills damn well knows it. 
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 6:51:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I was alive then.  I graduated HS in 1976; the fatties were like 5 percent of my class of 700.

In 1977, coincidentally, Senator McGovern teamed with Monsanto and convinced millions of people to stop eating fat.  the trend lines started going hockey stick.

Life got easier, but no chance suddenly everyone got slothy within a decade.  

There was no sugar in a jar of spaghetti sauce then.  Today it's the second ingredient after tomatoes.  Why?  Cuz when they removed the olive oil to make it "low fat," it tasted like shit.

Low fat, high carb everything and everywhere.  If you're young you can manage it, and even recover if you lost it for awhile.  If you're older, you'll need to get aggressive.

For me, it was keto.  but you go ahead and do what works for you.
View Quote
I intend to.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 6:51:38 PM EDT
[#35]
The reason that people are getting fat nowadays is because the calorie content of the food is higher and the portion sizes are higher.

A 32 oz soda was not a thing you could buy in 1970.

The obesity explosion is relatively recent, the fatness started zooming upward around 1995.

Nobody can eat huge amounts of high calorie food and not gain weight

You can go to Five Guys and get a 3,000 calorie meal for like $13.

if you guys think that people back in 1975 were all keto-riffic and doing lots of exercise, allow me to laugh in your face.

they recently did a study to determine the calorie sources of the average person and found that people are eating huge piles of cheap dogshit food

What Americans Eat: Top 10 sources of calories in the U.S. diet
1. Grain-based desserts (cakes, cookies, donuts, pies, crisps, cobblers, and granola bars)
2. Yeast breads
3. Chicken and chicken-mixed dishes
4. Soda, energy drinks, and sports drinks
5. Pizza
6. Alcoholic beverages
7. Pasta and pasta dishes
8. Mexican mixed dishes
9. Beef and beef-mixed dishes
10. Dairy desserts
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 6:53:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

well that was before the whole fat is bad for you thing so they likely did eat a good bit more fat than what the modern american does.
View Quote
Moderation, exercise. It's so simple. Carbs, fat, protein, they just ate balanced shit like most every other people who weren't fatties. Eat right, keep moving. Isn't hard, doesn't require a diet or meal plan either.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 6:54:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
9 more experts lay waste to the Calories In Calories Out Model (CICO) of Obesity:

http://www.caloriegate.com/calories-in-calories-out/9-more-experts-lay-waste-to-the-calories-in-calories-out-cico-model-of-obesity
View Quote
sum(mihi) - sum(mehe) =  dE/dt

Nobody is skirting that fundamental reality.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 6:58:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

They also ate carbs, lots of carbs, (and, the Asians were the same way for about 5,000 years while they were all tiny fuckers).

Moderation, exercise. It's so simple.
View Quote
What I find odd is the keto people say carbohydrates are inherently bad for you, your body isn't optimized to use them, etc... because of millions of years of evolution... then in the next breath say you need an adjustment period of x number of months to be able to overcome the lethargy from lack of carbohydrates.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 7:03:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

For DECADES nearly everyone told you it was the eggs and bacon that made you fat.  So you cut down on bacon, eggs and other "fattening" stuff.  But now you are strangely hungry all the time.

You discovered that after eating pancakes you were tired and hungry 2 hours later.  But you were following good sound advice-- or so you thought.  But you gained weight.

When people said "you're cheating on your diet" or "You're a lazy fuck," you doubled down.  And got fatter.  Only shear willpower, being opposed by your endocrine system at every step, could you ever hope to make progress.  Some people did-- but about 30 percent of the population didn't.

Now imagine that happening to 300 million people over 40 years.  It was the biggest nutritional science experiment ever done, and it was perpetrated on a fraud.

If you were armed with the newest and correct science, and discovered you could eat your fill of bacon and not get fat, would you be better off?

Now we know that old advice was bad, very very bad.  at some point it doesn't matter whose fault it was-- we are all responsible for ourselves.  It's just a lot harder when you are getting very bad advice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Omg carbs don't make you hungry. Do keto tards just infiltrate every single thread?
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 7:08:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
What I find odd is the keto people say carbohydrates are inherently bad for you, your body isn't optimized to use them, etc... because of millions of years of evolution... then in the next breath say you need an adjustment period of x number of months to be able to overcome the lethargy from lack of carbohydrates.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They also ate carbs, lots of carbs, (and, the Asians were the same way for about 5,000 years while they were all tiny fuckers).

Moderation, exercise. It's so simple.
Lol because they are fucking retarded and have zero logic skills.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK22436/

"Brain. Glucose is virtually the sole fuel for the human brain, except during prolonged starvation."

So that explains the madness...
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 7:13:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
It takes less than a week for most people, others don't even need any adaptation period.

once your body breaks out of the sugar cycle you can even gorge on carbs and be back in keto the next day.

Maybe for optimum physical performance about a month of adaptation will give the best results as your body gets better at producing and utilizing ketones.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 7:18:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
It takes less than a week for most people, others don't even need any adaptation period.

once your body breaks out of the sugar cycle you can even gorge on carbs and be back in keto the next day.

Maybe for optimum physical performance about a month of adaptation will give the best results as your body gets better at producing and utilizing ketones.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Keto and optimum physical performance should never be used in the same sentence.

"When it comes to athletes and performance and their in-training fuel, once again, carbohydrates remain vitally important just as they do in everyday meals and snacks. In order to maximize and optimize performance and recovery,  athletes need to continually load and reload muscle glycogen stores. This process can not happen with a low-carbohydrate/high-protein diet. According to Ashley Chambers, M.S. and Len Kravitz, PhD, muscle glycogen is the primary fuel (followed by fat) used by the body during exercise."
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 7:19:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Small enough, that it's a fuckin' cock tease. It's so small, it's honestly not worth eating. And it's sugary as hell anyway (might as well be a dessert). I'd just as soon not bother. 

Besides, bacon and eggs are better. I mean come on, it's bacon and eggs. You can't go wrong. 

And if you're the calorie counting type, a couple eggs and a couple slices of bacon are only ~266 calories. 

Serving sizes on most packaged foods are a joke. Seriously, who's going to pour 3/4 cup of cereal, a 1/2 cup of milk, and call that a meal? Fucking nobody, and General Mills damn well knows it. 
View Quote
Is the Texas heat getting to you ?

A COUPLE slices of bacon ?

A couple of weeks ago I got a hankering for BLTs.

I had three BLTs , then proceeded to cook the rest of the bacon and eat that as a side a,omg with my BLTs

A whole package of bacon is one serving
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 7:20:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
True, but it turns out it doesn't apply to the human metabolic and endocrine system.

Weird.

Explain how 175 calories of white bread and 175 calories of olive oil are going to be managed by your metabolism.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 7:20:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Omg carbs don't make you hungry. Do keto tards just infiltrate every single thread?
View Quote
i can tell you at least from personal experience that i am hungry much more frequently when i eat more carbs.

there's a whole lot of science behind it between hormones and the amount of glucose that you can hold in your blood but you can just keep calling everyone stupid.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 7:22:00 PM EDT
[#46]
yall fat fucks srs if you're not below 8% bf
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 7:23:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Keto and optimum physical performance should never be used in the same sentence.

"When it comes to athletes and performance and their in-training fuel, once again, carbohydrates remain vitally important just as they do in everyday meals and snacks. In order to maximize and optimize performance and recovery,  athletes need to continually load and reload muscle glycogen stores. This process can not happen with a low-carbohydrate/high-protein diet. According to Ashley Chambers, M.S. and Len Kravitz, PhD, muscle glycogen is the primary fuel (followed by fat) used by the body during exercise."
View Quote
yet there are lots of athletes optimizing their performance with keto. If you aren't working out 247 your body has plenty of time to replenish glycogen stores without a lot of carbs. You also spare more glycogen when you are more active and so have more to use when you really need it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 7:23:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
....We (collectively) eat way too fucking much, we just don't know why. ... 
View Quote
Why?

Really.

Well, spank my ass and call me Charlie because me obviously posting Dr. Lustig's seminar "Sugar:  the bitter truth" hasn't helped educate anyone here.

There are at least two hormones, leptin and/or ghrelin, that tell your brain to stop eating.

When you drink a soda which contains HFCS or ingest other HFCS containing products, leptin or ghrelin doesn't get produced or that hormonal signal doesn't make it to the brain.

So you keep eating even though that coke you just drank was 200 to 300 calories.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 7:24:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Deal with the drinking problem and the weight issue will self correct.
View Quote
This is only half true
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 7:24:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
True, but it turns out it doesn't apply to the human metabolic and endocrine system.

Weird.

Explain how 175 calories of white bread and 175 calories of olive oil are going to be managed by your metabolism.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Weird.

Nobody said to eat a 100% of carbs. Nobody. And nobody will. You need both. IIFYM. Read up on it.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top