Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 9:53:05 AM EDT
[#1]
That is not the only dumb things to be plastered on pistols.  S&W M&P pistols that did not have the mag safety had a warning on the slide it could fire without the mag.  The Girsan Hi Power has Warning read safety manual engraved on the frame.  I think I would rather have grip zone than the stupid warnings plastered on my pistol.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 9:55:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
alex zedra needs a GRIPZONE tattoo on her hips

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/253414/NWL1nRB_jpeg-2836022.JPG
View Quote
Bonnie Rotten has been into guns and 3gun competition. I bet for sure she's got GRIPZONE tattooed on her hips.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 9:56:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

And yet here you are, raging out about it with useless anger enough to create a thread on the subject about it wanting to rehash things.

Let it go dude. Let it go.
View Quote
Much rage, so anger.  

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/1/2023 10:01:39 AM EDT
[#4]
what a very odd thing to get the vapors about  - now Springfield is an antigun company that imports its product  so why anyone would even consider one is a bigger mental challenge for me
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 10:03:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

So what's wrong with them. Change my mind?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yea I like XDs. That decision was a WTF for sure though.

It's okay if you like XDs.

It's June.

Yeah my original XD-9 is reliable and accurate.  But its just a gun, I have more issues with SA as a company than I do with the XD line.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 10:30:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yeah my original XD-9 is reliable and accurate.  But its just a gun, I have more issues with SA as a company than I do with the XD line.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yea I like XDs. That decision was a WTF for sure though.

It's okay if you like XDs.

It's June.

I would hazard a guess that 3/4 of the people on here who bitch about the XDs have never fired one. They only bust on them because of bullshit that they have heard.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 11:03:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I would hazard a guess that 3/4 of the people on here who bitch about the XDs have never fired one. They only bust on them because of bullshit that they have heard.
View Quote

I have owned a few I really do not bust on them but I never liked them and I really tried to give them a chance.  They are not bad pistol but they do have some things about them that I really do not like kind of like me in the Beretta M9/92.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 11:09:37 AM EDT
[#8]
LOL at some of your understanding of modern marketing hype.

How about a revolutionary Stoner designed pistol made from modern materials.

Link Posted: 6/1/2023 11:22:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

They probably realized that if they could dupe a bunch of dudes into thinking their Croatian trash can pistol was actually worth buying at Glock and M&P prices, they could put whatever dumb shit they wanted into marketing and it wouldn't move the sales needle.
View Quote

Well the triggers are certainly better in the XD/XDM/XDM2 than OEM Glock triggers...oh and the base sights aren't plastic, nor are the mags. In before "my BIL's 3rd cousin's bestie had one that done broke in two i swear but i musta lost the pictures.."

ETA: yes, Grip Zone was stupid...i don't own a "grip zone" model of XD.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 11:33:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That is not the only dumb things to be plastered on pistols.  S&W M&P pistols that did not have the mag safety had a warning on the slide it could fire without the mag.  The Girsan Hi Power has Warning read safety manual engraved on the frame.  I think I would rather have grip zone than the stupid warnings plastered on my pistol.
View Quote

It could be fixed with a soldering iron.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 11:39:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
All these years later, and people still talk about it. Although not really in a positive light, I'd say that was very effective advertising to live rent free in peoples heads that long.
View Quote
Even Rob Leatham makes Grip Zone jokes, and that dude has been with SA for a long time.

Its not really saying anything bad about the guns, it's just funny.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 11:41:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Their marking gripzone on the grip was never an issue... dumb, yes, but the real issue and tragedy is the useless and dangerous grip safety.

They guaranteed I'd never buy one by adding a grip safety.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 12:05:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I have owned a few I really do not bust on them but I never liked them and I really tried to give them a chance.  They are not bad pistol but they do have some things about them that I really do not like kind of like me in the Beretta M9/92.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then I guess you would fall in the 25% who at least fired one and for whatever reason didn't like it. No problem there.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 12:07:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Welcome to 8 years ago OP.
View Quote

This. I have nothing but good thoughts about the "grip zone". I know a grip zone pistol helped me convert one of the most fuddtastic people i know to polymer. It's his main EDC and he is no slouch with it.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 12:21:57 PM EDT
[#15]
I enjoy the meme

But to me the guns with "Warning READ SAFETY MANUAL" and "FIRES WITHOUT THE MAGAZINE INSERTED" milled into them look even dumber

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 1:55:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
But it turns a $300 Croatian gun into a $600 work of art.
View Quote

I never bought one due to that.

was ready to order an HS2000 from an advertiser in Shotgun News and then Springfield Armory announced that they were the new importer and raised the price $200 immediately.  couldn't find an HS after that and the XD was dead to me.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 4:56:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

was ready to order an HS2000 from an advertiser in Shotgun News and then Springfield Armory announced that they were the new importer and raised the price $200 immediately.  couldn't find an HS after that and the XD was dead to me.
View Quote

Was still seeing them as low as $419 late last year, and now they are just $466.  You are saying they were selling for as low as $219 as an HS2000?
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 5:05:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Meh.

I can still hit any rat down at the local garbage dump with mine.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 5:06:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Not sure which one but PSA has one on sale now for like 350. or so.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 5:10:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 5:11:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I enjoy the meme

But to me the guns with "Warning READ SAFETY MANUAL" and "FIRES WITHOUT THE MAGAZINE INSERTED" milled into them look even dumber

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/285899/Screenshot_2023-06-01_112139_png-2836568.JPG
View Quote

Paddle mag release is the greatest sin the Euros ever committed.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 6:15:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Was still seeing them as low as $419 late last year, and now they are just $466.  You are saying they were selling for as low as $219 as an HS2000?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

back in 2000, they were selling as the HS2000 for under $250.  but when SA bought the US rights, the price of the XD was around $450.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 6:47:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/1/2023 6:55:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Funny how many lose their shit over this. Big fucking deal.

Fucking GD. Always disappoints.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 6:56:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

It was really goofy to see if you were around guns at the time.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 6:58:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Love my non grip zone Turk clones.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 6:58:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Who cares? Put some grip tape over it if it bothers you. It’s an otherwise great gun.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 7:14:07 PM EDT
[#28]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I tried to get it tattooed on my schlong but only had room for gri

LMAO

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/vladimir-putin-laughing_zpsov82lsef_GIF-129.gif

I went with LZ for lip zone but it’s perpendicular to the axis.  The other tat says “welcome to California have a nice day”.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 9:17:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We were, we just never said anything about it because there was zero reason to as it was a non issue unless one on the spectrum wanted it to be an issue.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 9:19:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
12 point font is a bitch.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I tried to get it tattooed on my schlong but only had room for gri
12 point font is a bitch.

Link Posted: 6/2/2023 9:21:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
alex zedra needs a GRIPZONE tattoo on her hips

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/253414/NWL1nRB_jpeg-2836022.JPG
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 9:27:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Yup...

'Grip zone' is evidently so 'grippy' that many just can't let it go.

Very effective indeed.

In the interest of full disclosure the last time I shot one of 'those things' it said HS2000 on it.  
View Quote

I love my HS2000.  Bought it at a gun show in ‘99-‘00 for about $300.  I’d never heard of them before, but it fit my hand perfectly.

Full-cap mags for it were my very first purchase when the AWB ended.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 9:36:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Pay attention to product names. Marketing comes up with a trend, and everyone jumps on it.

Today it is Works, Worx or some variation. Not too long ago it was "Zone". Before that it was "One". And way back in the late eighties it was "Plus".
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 9:47:55 AM EDT
[#34]
More GripZone(!) with Team Springfield's Rob Leatham
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 9:59:14 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Their marking gripzone on the grip was never an issue... dumb, yes, but the real issue and tragedy is the useless and dangerous grip safety.

View Quote

How is the grip safety dangerous?

It's certainly not useless.  I have a couple of first generation XDs and the grip safety is a great feature for reholstering.  If you reholster with your thumb on the back of the slide, if by some chance part of your clothing contacted the trigger, what would normally become a "glock leg" discharge just doesn't happen.

Additionally, if you aren't gripping the frame securely enough to disengage the grip safety, you are going to limp wrist the gun and cause malfunctions.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 12:25:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

I bought mine largely because of the grip safety.  It’s been flawless for over 20 years.

Can’t say I’ve ever heard a grip safety called dangerous before.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 5:07:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The stupid impotent rage that lives in some of your heads rent free over benign semantical shit never stops, does it?

View Quote

If you like your grip zone, you can keep your grip zone.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 5:13:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I bought mine largely because of the grip safety.  It’s been flawless for over 20 years.

View Quote

There was a member here who got in a gunfight (dont remember their screen name), and was shot in the hand. He was not able to depress the grip safety of his 1911 as a result. He was very against the idea of grip safeties after that.

IIRC go-fast .mil guys would pin their grip safeties when the 1911 was still being issued for this reason.

@Admiral_Crunch

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 5:15:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

There was a member here who got in a gunfight (dont remember their screen name), and was shot in the hand. He was not able to depress the grip safety of his 1911 as a result. He was very against the idea of grip safeties after that.

IIRC go-fast .mil guys would pin their grip safeties when the 1911 was still being issued for this reason.

@Admiral_Crunch

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Admiral_Crunch

that would be Blitz_308

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/My-CCW-Shooting-AAR-Now-with-More-Graphic-Pics-on-pg-29-and-30/5-988015/

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top