Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 4:25:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Up here their called ramp trucks. I drove one years ago. They are handy for moving all kinds of stuff.
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 4:34:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The only tilt deck trailers I've seen are little utility trailers.   Do they have these tilt ones with steel flooring?  Thinking about sliding a 4,000 pound piece of machining equipment onto a tilt trailer makes me cringe.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Screw getting a rollback. If you want something easy to load on, buy a tilt deck trailer. You can use it for much more things than what you can use the roll back for.

The only tilt deck trailers I've seen are little utility trailers.   Do they have these tilt ones with steel flooring?  Thinking about sliding a 4,000 pound piece of machining equipment onto a tilt trailer makes me cringe.  

Aluma makes an awesome aluminum trailer that I use for my car, and Brimar makes a nice steel tilt deck as do a bunch of other smaller companies.Obviously you would get the steel for equipment.  Fair price and they make loading a breeze.

But honestly, a rollback is a good option if you don't have a heavy duty truck capable of towing.
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 4:50:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Just delivered to us.
<a href="http://s149.photobucket.com/user/paulz463/media/junk/IMG_20161031_100712599_zpsjqv4brve.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s48/paulz463/junk/IMG_20161031_100712599_zpsjqv4brve.jpg</a>
View Quote

Cummins and Allison?
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 4:56:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

That is completely awesome!  I will pursue this with a lot of research.  

Some of the trailers guys are posting pictures of just won't cut it.  Tonight I'm going to move a 3,000 pound lathe.  I can get it loaded with a forklift but when I get home I'm going to have to take it apart on the trailer before I can unload it with either the tractor or an engine lift.  If I had a rollback I could just scoot it off.  I can keep renting rollbacks when necessary but guys want $2 a mile.   If I find something good 300 miles away they either won't touch it or its $600.  Do that once a month and its $7,200 a year.   See where I'm headed?  Anything would pay for itself in time, but I do see the benefit of getting a bigger truck and a trailer like quoted above.

Thanks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Screw getting a rollback. If you want something easy to load on, buy a tilt deck trailer. You can use it for much more things than what you can use the roll back for.

There are tilt and drop bed heavy equipment trailers that are perfect for moving machine tools for much cheaper than buying a rollback that I bet even your taco could pull safely

ETA they are pricier than I thought but here is an example http://www.ebay.com/itm/2016-Anderson-HGL10612-Hydraulic-Drop-Deck-Scissor-Lift-Trailer-6-x-12-/161874138324

That is completely awesome!  I will pursue this with a lot of research.  

Some of the trailers guys are posting pictures of just won't cut it.  Tonight I'm going to move a 3,000 pound lathe.  I can get it loaded with a forklift but when I get home I'm going to have to take it apart on the trailer before I can unload it with either the tractor or an engine lift.  If I had a rollback I could just scoot it off.  I can keep renting rollbacks when necessary but guys want $2 a mile.   If I find something good 300 miles away they either won't touch it or its $600.  Do that once a month and its $7,200 a year.   See where I'm headed?  Anything would pay for itself in time, but I do see the benefit of getting a bigger truck and a trailer like quoted above.

Thanks.

I have had rental forklifts delivered to my home, and I have driven rentals to my home.  $55 a day, probably a bit more now.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 10:26:51 PM EDT
[#5]
For your uses I would suggest a roll off with a flat bed.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top