User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 10:17:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Don't you mean LaVergne? And yes, the shop was rebuilt. John even comes out here to Knoxville to shows now.
Used to live in Murfreesboro and go into that shop when his prices were somewhat reasonable.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've seen the same thing happen at more gun shows than I care to think about.

Several years ago, I was walking down an aisle at a gun show, heard some idiot making machinegun noises, and looked toward the sound to see a rifle pointed at my head.  Doofus was demonstrating how to fire the rifle with the stock folded, as part of his sales pitch to a customer.

It was the tables with guns that smelled faintly of smoke, from the gun store in Smyrna (the locals will know which store, from that description).

Bought my first handgun from that store, something like 30 years ago.  At that moment, I decided I would never again set foot in that store (if they rebuilt it after the fire).

Don't you mean LaVergne? And yes, the shop was rebuilt. John even comes out here to Knoxville to shows now.
Used to live in Murfreesboro and go into that shop when his prices were somewhat reasonable.

Oops.

Yeah, it's in LaVergne.

As I recall, the 'fire sale' prices at the gun show were a little above reasonable.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:24:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Try it your way and see how it goes. All I can say is, if some asshole I didn't know came up yelling and screaming at me, I'd bust him in the mouth and knock suck his dick in the dirt. Then again you're right, I'd remember that as I was telling my friends while laughing about it afterwards. lol

Just remember, not everybody tolerates assholes screaming in their face. YMMV
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Smells like testosterone and bullshit up in here tonight with all the chest thumping, ass kickings that would be dished out or better yet, the draw downs and so called justified self defense shootings that would occure if it happened to the tough guys on here. hahaha

I've been muzzle swept before in gun shops and I've always been polite and brought it to their attention saying something to the effect of, "You should always be careful where you point the muzzle, safety first." People would smile and apologize because many check the chamber and then get careless with the muzzle since they know it's empty and others don't check but make the rookie mistake of assuming it's empty because it's a new gun.

People make mistakes, especially people unlike many on this board because not everyone is a gun nut like we are. I wouldn't have been pissed, I'd have just mentioned to the guy about being safe even with an unloaded firearm. I wouldn't have verbally abused him, kicked his ass or tried to get him fired. People make mistakes and yes at times it could be a deadly mistake but 99.9% of the time, the mistake is made with an empty gun.

It's easier to be polite and educate people than to be an asshole because people never listen to a screaming asshole.

Wrong.  People listen, and remember, because you made an impression.

Ask anyone who went thru any military boot camp.

Totally different environment, people are there to learn and the instructors are authority figures. In the real world, the asshole screaming at you just pisses you off and you don't give a fuck what he has to say. It's much easier to educate someone if you take the time to explain something to them calmly and respectfully.

Remember most people make the mistake of sweeping someone with a muzzle in a gun shop out of ignorance, not malice.

LOL.  People are going to blow you off because you aren't imparting the seriousness of the situation.  They will interpret your actions to mean you are timid and weak.

Try it your way and see how it goes. All I can say is, if some asshole I didn't know came up yelling and screaming at me, I'd bust him in the mouth and knock suck his dick in the dirt. Then again you're right, I'd remember that as I was telling my friends while laughing about it afterwards. lol

Just remember, not everybody tolerates assholes screaming in their face. YMMV

And this coming from the one that said there was too much interweb macho man shit going on in this thread.....

So where did the testosterone come from, you're wife give you your balls back?
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:41:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Can you imagine if they sold guns at Target?
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:44:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Anyways, best case scenario it's a learning opportunity for the young clerk on how not to be a dumbass in the future, and why what he did made him a dumbass in the first place.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:53:03 PM EDT
[#5]
First gun store I was at when I relocated to VA had a guy with his gf looking at ARs. He was sighting in on one and I was walking out of the store and I crossed his view and he immediately took the gun from his shoulder and apologized to me.

But I remember being at a gunshop in TX and overhearing the salesman trying to sell a featherweight 38 to an elderly lady who was there with her husband. He actually said something to the effect that she needs to carry because she could get raped and that would effect their marriage.

Featherweight 38s are the best way to keep women from getting into shooting; they are brutal to shoot, especially with +P ammo.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 12:02:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

About 30 years ago, Target had good prices on .22LR ammo.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 12:17:52 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Smells like testosterone and bullshit up in here tonight with all the chest thumping, ass kickings that would be dished out or better yet, the draw downs and so called justified self defense shootings that would occure if it happened to the tough guys on here. hahaha

I've been muzzle swept before in gun shops and I've always been polite and brought it to their attention saying something to the effect of, "You should always be careful where you point the muzzle, safety first." People would smile and apologize because many check the chamber and then get careless with the muzzle since they know it's empty and others don't check but make the rookie mistake of assuming it's empty because it's a new gun.

People make mistakes, especially people unlike many on this board because not everyone is a gun nut like we are. I wouldn't have been pissed, I'd have just mentioned to the guy about being safe even with an unloaded firearm. I wouldn't have verbally abused him, kicked his ass or tried to get him fired. People make mistakes and yes at times it could be a deadly mistake but 99.9% of the time, the mistake is made with an empty gun.

It's easier to be polite and educate people than to be an asshole because people never listen to a screaming asshole.
View Quote
well you just go ahead and be cordial to the guy who pointed a firearm at you and pulled the trigger

Link Posted: 7/30/2016 11:02:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people. I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like that to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someones face. Just my thought. What do you think? Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 2:10:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Honestly I just read the update and I think they handled it fine.  Does the original person need some awareness and some more safety training? Yes - but as several people have noted frankly in a crowded shop with John Q Public in there you are eventually going to get flagged.    It's why safety rules overlap.  I would still be annoyed and upset but I would not write off the shop completely.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 6:46:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Honestly I just read the update and I think they handled it fine.  Does the original person need some awareness and some more safety training? Yes - but as several people have noted frankly in a crowded shop with John Q Public in there you are eventually going to get flagged.    It's why safety rules overlap.  I would still be annoyed and upset but I would not write off the shop completely.
View Quote
Again, I will state, just because you are going to doesn't mean you have to.  There is nobody walking on the ceiling, and there is generally a wall behind you, and there is always a floor.   To resign it to "its just going to happen" is retarded logic.  

Yea I get it, there are dufus's out there.  It MAY happen, but it doesn't have to.  

Yea I have both frequented and worked in gun shops.  I know how it is.  I have managed to not muzzle sweep people, and moreover, I never intentionally aimed at a customer.  That is the point, and alternative logic is just retarded.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 11:47:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people. I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like that to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someones face. Just my thought. What do you think? Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Posting this should be a bannable offense, like rickrolls or bread threads.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 12:27:34 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So should whining about it.

Link Posted: 7/31/2016 12:32:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/31/2016 2:43:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That ain't whining, son. Just an observation.
It's stupid, unimaginative, and a waste of time.

Just like the two bannable things I mentioned.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 2:50:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Indiana gun store.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 7:00:22 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Indiana gun store.
View Quote
Que?

Link Posted: 7/31/2016 2:44:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Good shit!!.....Their lane prices!!
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 5:26:19 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Que?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Indiana gun store.
Que?

No shit.  I don't know where he lived but most of them are pretty nice.  Only two out of 10+ that I've been in that I won't go back to.

Link Posted: 7/31/2016 5:28:42 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View Quote
?

Link Posted: 7/31/2016 5:40:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Vote with your feet and your dollars. Don't go back.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

But it does help if you tell they why you're voting with your feet. Which OP did.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 8:32:28 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

?

Seems really high.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 8:42:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Why they don't have big signs stating PLEASE DON'T POINT THE GUNS AT PEOPLE IN THE STORE is beyond me.

Seems simple enough.

There are several vids floating around of people being shot in gun stores with "empty" guns, one was a cop, and he shot himself I believe, with a gun straight from the case.

Found it.

https://youtu.be/KUonA66btgI
View Quote

It's more sad that a sign is required to tell people that.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 8:57:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Seems really high.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
?

Seems really high.

Hell yes they are.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 9:05:11 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

That's why I'm getting sick of gun stores, at least the ones with other customers in there. I get so sick of having guns pointed at me by retards.
View Quote

I truly wish physical gun stores were no longer required by federal law do to FFLs. Fuck.... I just want to order guns and have them shipped to me. Brick-and-mortar gun stores are a relic of a bygone era simply kept in business because of outdated law and regulation.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 9:18:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

You're missing the point. If you shop at a busy gun store regularly, it is inevitable that someone will point a gun at you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
In a busy store it's impossible to avoid being a target sometimes.
So people walk on ceilings?  

You're missing the point. If you shop at a busy gun store regularly, it is inevitable that someone will point a gun at you.

I promise you If I ever go into a gunshop and a fucking employee points a gun at me there is going to be some major fucking issues go down. owners getting involved, the cops, I may catch a charge. Shit is going to go the fuck off it I was you.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 3:35:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I promise you If I ever go into a gunshop and a fucking employee points a gun at me there is going to be some major fucking issues go down. owners getting involved, the cops, I may catch a charge. Shit is going to go the fuck off it I was you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
In a busy store it's impossible to avoid being a target sometimes.
So people walk on ceilings?  

You sound like you need some help. Seriously no bullshit.

It is a unacceptable practice but at the same time if it elicits that kind of response I don't understand how you have made it this far in life.

Gun stores much like the rest of the world are filled with stupid people on both sides of the counter. Spent my fair share of time on both sides
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 3:42:42 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh, come on, Trebeck! Let them have their fun!

Link Posted: 8/1/2016 3:53:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Academy Sports? I was buying a youth 22 for my son for Christmas in was given the muzzle about 5 times while he was reading a serial number. I stopped him and said what in the holy fuck did they not have any training for you to work back here? Cabelas, in my experience, has done a better job with this. The staff in their Firearms section seem like they had at least a two week course and are very mindful of wear they or the customers are pointing weapons.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top