Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 17
Posted: 9/19/2019 8:48:13 AM EDT
So a story has been brewing for the last few days about a whistleblower within the intelligence community.  Apparently a "former senior administration official" went to the IC OIG, who determined that the allegation was an "urgent matter" that required notification to Congress.  The ODNI has attempted to block that determination -which to say is legally questionable would be rather generous - and prevent the whistleblower complaint from going to Congress.

Last night the story breaks that the complaint may involve some "promise" that Trump made on a phone call with another world leader.  No real information other than that.

ODNI is testifying behind closed doors today, so something may leak later this afternoon...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/trumps-communications-with-foreign-leader-are-part-of-whistleblower-complaint-that-spurred-standoff-between-spy-chief-and-congress-former-officials-say/2019/09/18/df651aa2-da60-11e9-bfb1-849887369476_story.html

Trump’s interaction with the foreign leader included a “promise” that was regarded as so troubling that it prompted an official in the U.S. intelligence community to file a formal whistleblower complaint with the inspector general for the intelligence community, said the former officials, speaking on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the matter publicly.

It was not immediately clear which foreign leader Trump was speaking with or what he pledged to deliver, but his direct involvement in the matter has not been previously disclosed. It raises new questions about the president’s handling of sensitive information and may further strain his relationship with U.S. spy agencies. One former official said the communication was a phone call.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 8:52:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Sure.  But first let us all know what “I’ll have more leeway after I’m re-elected” meant when Obama said that to Putin
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 8:57:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sure.  But first let us all know what “I’ll have more leeway after I’m re-elected” meant when Obama said that to Putin
View Quote
Seems pretty straight forward...
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 8:58:36 AM EDT
[#3]
lol
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 8:58:40 AM EDT
[#4]
This is a leading story on the WaPo website, CNN, MSNBC, ABC and NBC.

Nothing on Fox - which I guess explains why there was nothing here (That I could find) until I posted something.  lol
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 8:59:09 AM EDT
[#5]
SYGL
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 8:59:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
lol
View Quote
LoL
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 9:00:07 AM EDT
[#7]
The question that needs to be asked, is when Trump made a promise, were his fingers crossed? Because then, its just the art of the deal.
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 9:03:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The question that needs to be asked, is when Trump made a promise, were his fingers crossed? Because then, its just the art of the deal.
View Quote
I'm interested what this "promise" was, and who he made it to.

It probably wasn't just your usual "Trump gave away classified information...again" because a "Senior Administration Official" would know that the President is the OG OCA and can declassify whatever he wants.  It would be stupid...but not illegal...so no basis for a whistleblower complaint.  So this would be something different.
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 9:03:23 AM EDT
[#9]
You definitely got him this time B_S.
Drumpf is finished!

Now get back to the register, someone ordered a latte.
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 9:03:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Rachel had this story last night.
He's goin' down!
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 9:04:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
The left has been pushing the term “whataboutism” very hard lately.  You shouldn’t be questioning Obama’s motives, just Trumps.
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 9:05:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Nothing on Fox - which I guess explains why there was nothing here (That I could find) until I posted something.  lol
View Quote
Keep on a trollin'.
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 9:05:52 AM EDT
[#13]
is this the same person that came out of a meeting claiming Trump said Shithole??
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 9:05:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 9:06:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Congrats bullet!  You finally got him now!  Quickly get your boys comey and mueller on the case, this will bring down #orangemanbad for sure!

I can't believe you were right and #orangemanbad was a russian this whole time

ETA: Fuck I guess that also means the FISA warrants that were based on rumors Trump was paying russian hookers to piss on beds obama slept in were true.
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 9:06:54 AM EDT
[#16]
They_want to believe!
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 9:07:21 AM EDT
[#17]
The 4 AM talking_points have been issued, it appears...
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 9:07:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Yawn...
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 9:10:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
This!
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 9:11:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Keep on a trollin'.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Keep on a trollin'.
Just an observation about which stories seem to immediately get a thread in GD, and which don't.
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 9:12:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Caught on camera: Obama's missile remarks to Medvedev
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 9:13:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Another out the leaker project...
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 9:14:32 AM EDT
[#23]
They defintely got him this time.
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 9:15:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Another out the leaker project...
View Quote
A whistleblower isn't a "leaker".  It's an entirely lawful process and an important part of Congressional oversight.
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 9:15:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Did Trump give millions to Iran? Did he give our Uranium to Russia? Did he delete 30k emails?
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 9:15:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 9:15:39 AM EDT
[#27]
Obama tells Medvedev he will have "more flexibility" after election
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 9:17:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Lol
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 9:18:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Here's a question for you.

How does our intelligence community know what the President said on the phone?

They're monitoring his calls?

Is that legal?

I read some of the CNN article on this, and the second section covers this question
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 9:19:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 9:21:10 AM EDT
[#31]
So they’re still actively spying on DJT.
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 9:22:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Another BS story...headlined by none other than liddle Adam Schitt for brains on the house Intel committee.

When are you going to learn?

Adam Schitt has a hard on for Trump and is trying to cover up the Russian collusion hoax spying ring his king(Obama) and Queen(Hillary) cooked up.
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 9:22:22 AM EDT
[#33]
A excellent thread roll up on this latest ridiculous_shit at the date link...

Link Posted: 9/19/2019 9:22:53 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

A whistleblower isn't a "leaker".  It's an entirely lawful process and an important part of Congressional oversight.
View Quote
If the Washington post is reporting on it, it must have been leaked--how else did they find out?
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 9:23:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Just an observation about which stories seem to immediately get a thread in GD, and which don't.
View Quote
Most of us don't get our news from the National Inquirer either
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 9:23:15 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 9:23:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Ah, an " _ " thread. For a second I thought I wasn't on arfcom. Makes sense now.
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 9:23:41 AM EDT
[#38]
IMPEACH IMPEACH IMPEACH!

It'll be the same nothingburger over and over.  This intelligence person was likely just another McCabe lacky who has an agenda and is just running interference for McCabe.  If I had to guess he heard something, took it completely out of context, half quoted it, then reported it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 9:23:44 AM EDT
[#39]
Bullett_sponge.  LOL
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 9:24:15 AM EDT
[#40]
Someone's girl lost and they're sad about it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 9:25:43 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
If the Washington post is reporting on it, it must have been leaked--how else did they find out?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The whistleblower exists regardless of the "leak" to the WaPo about the contents of the complaint.  HPSCI and the ODNI have been sending public letters back and forth for almost a week about this matter - we just didn't know what the complaint was about...
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 9:25:47 AM EDT
[#42]
The retard can give the nuclear launch codes to the Russians, and people here will still defend him.
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 9:27:01 AM EDT
[#43]
once you realize that generally speaking, the "_" means "I work for the Onion" or "I contribute to the Babylon Bee"

it all makes sense....
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 9:27:25 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

The retard can give the nuclear launch codes to the Russians, and people here will still defend him.
View Quote
Jesus Christ, you people give underscores a bad name
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 9:28:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
The retard has done more good in two and a half years than most Presidents do in two complete terms.
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 9:28:32 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Naturally.

Until we know the nature of the complaint it seems silly to jump to conclusions.  At this point, anyone saying "This is a nothingburger" is just as much of a retard as someone saying "This will bring down Trump!!!!111"
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 9:30:21 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
It’s ok as long as he has something on Trump, otherwise he’s a dirty traitor.

ETA:

lol
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 9:32:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Naturally.

Until we know the nature of the complaint it seems silly to jump to conclusions.  At this point, anyone saying "This is a nothingburger" is just as much of a retard as someone saying "This will bring down Trump!!!!111"
View Quote
Or, maybe, the days of us not taking the IC too seriously are coming to a middle?
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 9:33:30 AM EDT
[#49]
Trump to another world leader: "Like I said, if you keep this shit up, we will blow your ass up"....

Leftist progs start yelping about COLLUSION....lol
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 9:34:34 AM EDT
[#50]
The story I saw had to mention that he had talked with Putin in the weeks before this allegation.  They're reviving the Russia collusion theme.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top