Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 48
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 4:31:33 PM EDT
[#1]
If I had to bet, I'd say that these two companies see a world where 2nd amendment types are censured on social media, in search and even delivery of product and looking for an answer to it.

Imagine a google for guns, a facebook for ammo and an ARFCOM Amazon.  The merger of these companies combine a lot resources.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 4:32:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I wish to apply to Arfcom.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 4:32:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Ok I will try to be as clear as I can. 2nd Adventure Group now owns AR15.Com.  They also own Brownells, and this was not a Brownells purchase.

"Invested in each other" means that the contract is setup so that 2nd Adventure Group needs the Avila family to stay involved and continue to grow and advance not just ARFCOM, but future projects which may not fall directly under the ARFCOM brand. (Related project, just not ARFCOM projects.) We will continue to manage and run the site and sign off on changes which could alter the site. (Either positively or negatively. Referencing your "big say on changes" portion.) In turn, we need 2nd group to invest in us in the future, for some of these projects. Be it time, resources, money, whatever it takes to get the job done. We took a risk and they took a risk. If things work out, it's great for both sides, so that is our goal. In short, the deal is setup to be a shared risk and encourage involvement and growth. They want to see ARFCOM grow and flourish and all our plans for the site were welcomed. We also had some outside interests which also were welcomed and are on the table for discussion. While we know we wont get support on everything we want to do, the plan is to grow and continue growing where it makes sense.

Hopefully this helps explain things a bit more.
View Quote
So it's like Fiat owning Jeep?

Oh, wait...I didn't mean to imply....don't get the idea that....Oh Hell.

(Just kidding).
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 4:34:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Will arfcom issue stock?  Because I know I want some.  
View Quote
Everyone who's been here 15+ years needs in on the IPO!  
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 4:34:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Special deals on Colt lowers for members?
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 4:34:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
11 years seems more reasonable...
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 4:35:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Ok so the best thing I can say is this.

Give it a couple months and see where we are. See if your fears are coming true and if any new chaos threatens this place.
View Quote
Nothing you have said makes it seem GD won't be more heavily moderated. IF you want to do the things you say, then GD is GOING to have to be more moderated, or else a PenisApocolypse is gonna happen, and reflect really badly on the pro 2A stuff you guys are trying to do.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 4:35:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I hope none of the new "innovations" coming are named sure post or smart post.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 4:35:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Or anyone who has a thread going that is over 2300 pages..

Link Posted: 6/3/2019 4:37:25 PM EDT
[#10]
I for one am hoping to be pleasantly surprised!
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 4:38:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

So it's like Fiat owning Jeep?

Oh, wait...I didn't mean to imply....don't get the idea that....Oh Hell.

(Just kidding).
View Quote
That would kinda be hilarious.

Would that were the case and ARF were Jeep, they'd be moved from company to company as the only valuable part of each dying company.

Kaiser, AMC, Chrysler, etc.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 4:41:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 4:42:25 PM EDT
[#13]
I see no reason to think you guys would sell us down the river.
(Not when you could get more for Aimless, its the flippers ya know. Drives the wimminz crazy.   )

I get why some people are worried. Change isn't always good. But, for what its worth, I'm willing to give it a fair shot.
So here's to a bigger and brighter future for Arf! more GD ass-hattery, and strange drunken threads.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 4:42:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Ok I will try to be as clear as I can. 2nd Adventure Group now owns AR15.Com.  They also own Brownells, and this was not a Brownells purchase.

"Invested in each other" means that the contract is setup so that 2nd Adventure Group needs the Avila family to stay involved and continue to grow and advance not just ARFCOM, but future projects which may not fall directly under the ARFCOM brand. (Related project, just not ARFCOM projects.) We will continue to manage and run the site and sign off on changes which could alter the site. (Either positively or negatively. Referencing your "big say on changes" portion.) In turn, we need 2nd group to invest in us in the future, for some of these projects. Be it time, resources, money, whatever it takes to get the job done. We took a risk and they took a risk. If things work out, it's great for both sides, so that is our goal. In short, the deal is setup to be a shared risk and encourage involvement and growth. They want to see ARFCOM grow and flourish and all our plans for the site were welcomed. We also had some outside interests which also were welcomed and are on the table for discussion. While we know we wont get support on everything we want to do, the plan is to grow and continue growing where it makes sense.

Hopefully this helps explain things a bit more.
View Quote
This is a little off topic but it has bothered me for years. I am on here a lot, I bet I can count on one hand the number of times I have seen an actual post from you not related to things like this. Where do you post you Billion + posts at?
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 4:44:16 PM EDT
[#15]
I just want a like button...
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 4:44:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 4:45:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Most of his posts are gay jokes in the Staff Forum
View Quote
Are you the "butt"?

Link Posted: 6/3/2019 4:46:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 4:47:40 PM EDT
[#19]
I just want to know where my order is.

Do I do that here or in the industry forum? Or is this whole thing the industry forum now?

Confused I am.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 4:48:02 PM EDT
[#20]
I for one welcome our new capitalist overlords!

All Hail Pete!
All Hail Pete!
All Hail Pete!

Rarely do the five year plans of merger/buyout/'partnerships' go as the original ownership imagined. I mean somewhere I'm sure there is an example, but I am skeptical the site will have the same character in five years it would have without the partnership.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 4:48:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I just want to know where my order is.

Do I do that here or in the industry forum? Or is this whole thing the industry forum now?

Confused I am.
View Quote
Brownell's has lost a customer.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 4:48:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Who owns 2nd Adventure Group?
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 4:50:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Perfect example of why I don’t buy Lifetime Membership.

Not impressed with Brownells ethics.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 4:52:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 4:52:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 4:53:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
Ack-Mac

Link Posted: 6/3/2019 4:54:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
I googled it and nothing comes up. Probably a new investment group setup by Brownells or something.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 4:54:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
They get me!

Ok, so 2nd Adventure Group gets a strong voice in the community and an opportunity to help bring change to both arfcom and the community at large. We have some fun things planned for the industry, fun things planned for all of you, and fun things planned for the larger group of gun owners and 2A supporters. The goal is growth and expansion and the ability to fill needs for the 2a community that have been stifled by all the liberal platforms out there in control of too much. So folks like google and facebook and amazon who provide a liberal option have no opposition on the conservative side and thus no fear of shutting doors on us. Whatever 2nd group lets me pursue, or I should say whatever we pursue together, will be focused on an improved outreach to a segment of society too long bullied. Now there's no promises here, but the goal of this thing is to shake things up for the benefit of all.

As I have said before. We are not at an ending but at a new beginning. I am very excited to be part of that!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The elephant in the room question - What's Brownells getting out of it? They didn't spent what I assume is a good bit of money for nothing.
They get me!

Ok, so 2nd Adventure Group gets a strong voice in the community and an opportunity to help bring change to both arfcom and the community at large. We have some fun things planned for the industry, fun things planned for all of you, and fun things planned for the larger group of gun owners and 2A supporters. The goal is growth and expansion and the ability to fill needs for the 2a community that have been stifled by all the liberal platforms out there in control of too much. So folks like google and facebook and amazon who provide a liberal option have no opposition on the conservative side and thus no fear of shutting doors on us. Whatever 2nd group lets me pursue, or I should say whatever we pursue together, will be focused on an improved outreach to a segment of society too long bullied. Now there's no promises here, but the goal of this thing is to shake things up for the benefit of all.

As I have said before. We are not at an ending but at a new beginning. I am very excited to be part of that!
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 4:54:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Did you not read the original post?

The 2nd Adventure Group is wholly owned by Pete and Frank Brownell
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 4:54:41 PM EDT
[#30]
I have no reason for trepidation. I’ll continue to support the site.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 4:56:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 4:58:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
In every large group of great people like this one, there is always a small sub-set of naysayers and pessimists

I am not surprised to see some of you afraid of change.That has been the history of the world, and certainly that of Arfcom, but I urge you all to look up instead of down!

If the same group of had been around the American colonies in 1776, they would be saying:

-No country has beaten the British military and gotten independence..........ever!

-If the revolution succeeds, it will become a tyranny, just like it has happened in every revolution before, blah,blah,blah!

TL;DR version: Have some faith in what is being done and be positive!
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 4:58:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I just saw it today, it lists Sinclair, Brownells, Arfcom, some bird hunting place and something else as all being under the same corporate umbrella
View Quote
Brownells has a lot of clout and a sturdy reputation.  I don't get the post that they have poor ethics.  Where's that come from?

Honestly, the way some of you haters talk  you'd think ARFcom was just bought out by Joeken Firearms.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 5:00:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Perfect example of why I don’t buy Lifetime Membership.

View Quote
Such as?
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 5:00:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 5:01:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Does this mean I'll hafta start wearing pants?
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 5:01:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
1:

Just make this our ham radio icon.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/3d/f8/4a/3df84a5067f5a7d657730ab4292320c6--amateur-radio-breakfast-club.jpg

2:  I'm not afraid of change but I know perfectly well that corporate ownership of what is mostly a pretty free wheeling and fun loving forum like this,  one that talks about GUNS freely, must almost certainly result in big changes, more rules, and locked down content.

You must surely see this.  Entering the corporate world means that corporate oversight is absolutely going to happen.  That corporate oversight means that there will be people with such varying titles as "Cultural Compliance Officer" and "Political Apparatchik" and "Social Justice Compliance Regulator" are going to totally have their way with the site.  Eventually there will be no authorized firearms content of any sort save that which comes from a divison of the company.

The Avilas will continue to manage the site...until they get their pink slips.  (I hear TRG might have several in his undies drawer already.... )  (I keed, I keed!)   And then it's [hicks]Game over, man!  Game over![/hicks]  for most of the fun.

To Ed Sr, if you don't have a very well written and carefully proofread (by a great lawyer) contract in your hand specifying that the Avilas will continue site management and to what level you may choose the direction and daily operations of the site, then the corporate interest is going to bend you over a barrel.    Even with a good contract in hand,  the moment a clause expires they're going to push you aside regarding the content of that clause.   If you're guaranteed two years of management,  expect the "You're fired" letter two years and one day after the contract effective date.

In the long term I simply do not expect this to be a positive thing.  I really don't because of this little thing called THE VOICE OF FUCKING EXPERIENCE that is screaming in my ear.

This could be as bad for the site as when Disney bought out Lucasfilm and the Star Wars franchise.
View Quote
Im sure they sold their $ multimillion business without lawyers or reading anything. Probably just some spit and a handshake.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 5:02:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Yeah, that will never fly in G.D.

Maybe instead of Like button, we could have a "Hate" button.

And possibly "Too fat" and "too skinny" buttons.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yikes!

Having just a "dislike" button would be awesome.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 5:02:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yikes!

Don't forget "pointy elbows"
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 5:03:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Only 11 pages in 5 hours.  Those are rookie numbers.  You gotta pump up those butthurt numbers.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 5:03:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I'm working on a LOT of the old chaos. I figure we cycle through chaos and keep it fresh. Otherwise where's the fun in old chaos? It just becomes commonplace and boring.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What do we do about the old chaos?    There's an upper limit to chaos before it mystically becomes orderly again.
I'm working on a LOT of the old chaos. I figure we cycle through chaos and keep it fresh. Otherwise where's the fun in old chaos? It just becomes commonplace and boring.
Refurbished chaos?
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 5:03:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 5:04:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
What kind of discount do I get for changing my board name to BrownellsMcBrownellface?
View Quote

I've had a really shitty couple of......months but I think I just woke the neighbors up laughing.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 5:05:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
so do we get a cut based upon post count?

asking for a friend.
View Quote
+1 just in case
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 5:06:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 5:06:47 PM EDT
[#46]
I want to be optimistic, but experience in business tells me that the company being bought out usually ends up losing more than they gain.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 5:07:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Congrats!  Looking forward to bigger & better things!    
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 5:07:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Yeah, I'm sure you've been tempted all the times the Life Memberships have been offered over your long tenure here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Perfect example of why I don't buy Lifetime Membership.

Yeah, I'm sure you've been tempted all the times the Life Memberships have been offered over your long tenure here.
There's been plenty of people here with paid memberships - many familiar faces as well, that refuse to purchase a membership again.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 5:08:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Did you not read the original post?
View Quote
I was still confused. So Brownells the Company is really Owned by the Family which now owns this!  I get it now, but it is still Brownells.

Curious as to Brownell being a real 2nd ammendment type, a Fudd or just a capitalist.  Bushmaster, Marlin and Remington ended up on the wrong end of the stick and I am concerned about any change in internet media that would have a negative influence on the next election.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 5:09:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I see no reason to think you guys would sell us down the river.
(Not when you could get more for Aimless, its the flippers ya know. Drives the wimminz crazy.   )

I get why some people are worried. Change isn't always good. But, for what its worth, I'm willing to give it a fair shot.
So here's to a bigger and brighter future for Arf! more GD ass-hattery, and strange drunken threads.
https://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/anim_beer.gif
View Quote
Yeah, i'm with whathisname on this.
Relax folks. Give things time to shake out and see where we are.
Page / 48
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top