User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 12:11:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I cannot believe we gave those fuckers Abrams
View Quote

Thankfully they were the export versions.  Little consolation, but better than nothing.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 12:14:27 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

We gave them the best equipment that American ingenuity could build and American dollars could buy, we made sure that they were paid and trained, and this is how they perform when they're called on to put all that technology and training to use: they abandon their brand new equipment, throw down their weapons (unfired) and flee at the first sign of the enemy. Gutless, incompetent, wasteful, disgusting and stupid.  
View Quote

I wonder how many members of IS we trained?

Link Posted: 7/13/2014 12:23:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Monkey Models...........Steel armor not Chobham.

Does the Iraqi Army have no fight at all in it? They make the ARVN look ferocious.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does the Iraqi Army have no fight at all in it? They make the ARVN look ferocious.

That's actually been a question since before Gulf War I.  There was a time they were well on their way to Tehran and got turned back by peasant rabble with less than one rifle per person.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 12:30:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
They make the ARVN look ferocious.
View Quote

PROTIP: comments like this make you sound like an uneducated rube.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 12:33:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
..It's entirely cultural why Arabs suck at war.
View Quote

How about the Arabs that seem to be winning...do they suck?

I'd argue the Syrians are hanging in there, against the odds anyone would have put on them before the war.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 12:33:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Didn't we buy borrow money from China to transfer a batch of monkey models from Egypt to the Iraqis?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm almost positive the Abrams that we sold Iraq was the stripped out version without any of the new-fangled armor and goodies.  Still not that great, but it is certainly NOT the Abrams that our forces use.  

Didn't we buy borrow money from China to transfer a batch of monkey models from Egypt to the Iraqis?

fixt

Link Posted: 7/13/2014 12:35:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

They need a serious amount of close air support.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The Iraqi's need close air support.

Why?

So they can give it to ISIS?

Link Posted: 7/13/2014 12:36:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'd argue the Syrians are hanging in there, against the odds anyone would have put on them before the war.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.  It's like two retards fighting, they both suck but one of them has to win.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 12:39:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Gave all that equipment to the wrong people.  Should have given it to the Kurds instead.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 12:46:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, in comparison to western armies, they do suck.  Too much Insh'Allah, and not enough good leaders in either the political or military realm.

It's all relative.  The Syrians may be holding their own against the rabble trying to murder and torture their way to power, but the best Syria has to offer would be nothing more than a speed bump against a well led military like that from the UK or U.S.

Link Posted: 7/13/2014 12:54:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It'll lull the rest of the world into a false sense of security about being able to handle our Abrams, right up until they get their ass beat.  

In the meantime, this shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.  Find and read the book "Why Arabs Lose Wars," and you'll never be surprised by this style of 3rd world shithole military performance, and why you also realize it will never, ever change.

Fuck those countries.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm almost positive the Abrams that we sold Iraq was the stripped out version without any of the new-fangled armor and goodies.  Still not that great, but it is certainly NOT the Abrams that our forces use.
It'll lull the rest of the world into a false sense of security about being able to handle our Abrams, right up until they get their ass beat.  

In the meantime, this shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.  Find and read the book "Why Arabs Lose Wars," and you'll never be surprised by this style of 3rd world shithole military performance, and why you also realize it will never, ever change.

Fuck those countries.

http://www.meforum.org/441/why-arabs-lose-wars
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 1:37:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Iraq is basically split up into 3 states now, like alot of people have been saying it should be. Now you have the Kurds with their own territory. The Sunnis with their own, and the Shiites having Baghdad, Najaf and such.

Things are returning to their natural order.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is entertainment at this point.  

I don't see any great threat from ISIS anyway.  They will never take over the Kurdish or Shia/Iran-supported majority areas, etc so they are essentially boxed in.

Iraq is basically split up into 3 states now, like alot of people have been saying it should be. Now you have the Kurds with their own territory. The Sunnis with their own, and the Shiites having Baghdad, Najaf and such.

Things are returning to their natural order.

It sure seems that way.  All's well that ends well.  The focus of the U.S. now should be preventing a nuclear Iran.  That's the best way to keep stability in the region.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 1:39:05 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I think obongo wanted the sunnis to eventually capture them

just like ambassador stevens
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No shit.

I think obongo wanted the sunnis to eventually capture them

just like ambassador stevens
THIS X 87

Link Posted: 7/13/2014 1:39:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Plus, to the extent that Iran is occupied propping up Assad and their surrogates in Iraq, ISIS serves some useful purpose.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't see any great threat from ISIS anyway.  They will never take over the Kurdish or Shia/Iran-supported majority areas, etc so they are essentially boxed in.

Plus, to the extent that Iran is occupied propping up Assad and their surrogates in Iraq, ISIS serves some useful purpose.

It really is a box when you add in Assad like you point out.  Because while the Saudis are funding ISIS directly or indirectly, they certainly don't want them in Saudi Arabia.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 2:05:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

I didn't think we gave anyone Abrams.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 2:13:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 2:41:37 PM EDT
[#18]
How long before we see the helicopters evacuating Americans from the rooftops of Baghdad?

We've spilled the blood of our precious sons and daughters for these cowards and they are running from nothing more than a mob.If I was President I'd pull out every American asap and leave these ungrateful bastards to their well deserved fate.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 3:06:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, but they are fighting a two front war. Against Assad in Syria and against Maliki in Bagdad.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 3:47:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Iraq can not even beat Iraq in a war
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 4:11:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where have you been? The United States has been exporting their MBTs for decades now. So, it makes sense that the Abrams would be exported too; however, some of the exported Abrams aren't as advanced like the US military's Abrams. For example, as people pointed out already, a number of  the exported Abrams lack DU armor and certain electronics.

On a side note, every major Western nation exports their MBTs. For example, Oman has a battalion of Challenger 2 from United Kingdom. A number of nations have fielded the Leopard 2 from Germany. The UAE received the Leclerc from France.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 4:14:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Don't worry,they torched those tracks.

Yes,really.

http://sf.uploads.ru/C1LkN.jpg

That armored column was defeated by a bunch of assholes equipped with flipflops and  AKs. The Iraqis simply have no heart and no leadership. When the officers run,the NCOs follow,the jundis realize that dying for the cowards running away isn't worth it...It's entirely cultural why Arabs suck at war.
View Quote

Tribal mentality.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 4:18:01 PM EDT
[#23]
What was Benghazi really about?

Arming people like ISIS.

This was the aide and arms sent to Syrian rebels.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 4:21:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guarantee you at least one person at the CIA has had the "bright idea" to try to work with ISIS to push Maliki out, over throw Assad, and undermine Iran's influence.

Wouldn't be the first time the CIA worked hand in hand with Islamic nutjobs to fight a proxy war against a rival (see Afghanistan / Russia).

Whether or not anyone in the CIA would be stupid enough to go forward with such a plan is another matter.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 4:25:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Shades of South Vietnam.  You can give them the equipment but you can't give them the will to fight.  I wouldn't fight either for a puppet government.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 4:25:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

During the Iraqi Thunder Run they stopped the entire convoy to put out a fire on an Abrams because we could not afford to leave it behind with all the sensitive equipment in it. We do not let our main battle tanks fall into enemy hands ever.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I'm sure our Abrams has classified shit in it. We wouldn't want that falling into the hands of our enemies.

During the Iraqi Thunder Run they stopped the entire convoy to put out a fire on an Abrams because we could not afford to leave it behind with all the sensitive equipment in it. We do not let our main battle tanks fall into enemy hands ever.

I bet an Abrams hauls ass when you gut it and pull off all the armor.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 4:28:33 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The Iraqi's need close air support.

Against ISF, ISIS or both?  

At this point even the French can mock the Iraqis, we might as well reduce the amount of armament we are giving them.  

Link Posted: 7/13/2014 4:42:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Don't worry,they torched those tracks.

Yes,really.

http://sf.uploads.ru/C1LkN.jpg

That armored column was defeated by a bunch of assholes equipped with flipflops and  AKs. The Iraqis simply have no heart and no leadership. When the officers run,the NCOs follow,the jundis realize that dying for the cowards running away isn't worth it...It's entirely cultural why Arabs suck at war.
View Quote

The egyptians put some hurt out during the yom kipur war.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 5:25:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/13/2014 5:28:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

How are they going to maintain them?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How the fuck does ISIS/Iraq get better M113s than we had?

How are they going to maintain them?

Allah wills it.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 5:31:06 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I'm sure our Abrams has classified shit in it. We wouldn't want that falling into the hands of our enemies.

I was thinking this also.  Ours are impressive from the videos I've seen (I don't know shit about tanks BTW), I wonder if there is a drastic difference?

Link Posted: 7/13/2014 5:31:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
We gave them the best equipment that American ingenuity could build and American dollars could buy, we made sure that they were paid and trained, and this is how they perform when they're called on to put all that technology and training to use: they abandon their brand new equipment, throw down their weapons (unfired) and flee at the first sign of the enemy. Gutless, incompetent, wasteful, disgusting and stupid.  
View Quote

I wouldn't consider M113s the best.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 5:35:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

It's a very cowardly culture. IA's/IP's/ANA etc.

Most of them that aren't actually the enemy themselves are just in it for the cool uniforms. They are huge fucking pussies.

If you walked up to an IA or IP at his post you could probably trade him a pair of oakleys for his AK.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a very cowardly culture. IA's/IP's/ANA etc.

Most of them that aren't actually the enemy themselves are just in it for the cool uniforms. They are huge fucking pussies.

If you walked up to an IA or IP at his post you could probably trade him a pair of oakleys for his AK.

My tier 1 shades for a trash can gun?

No thanks.  

Link Posted: 7/13/2014 5:39:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Their Abrams are NOT the same as ours.

The only advantage they have over a T72 is their tops won't pop.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Their Abrams are NOT the same as ours.

The only advantage they have over a T72 is their tops won't pop.

It's still better than what the terrorists had before though.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 5:41:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 5:42:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

No shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shit.

thos are not Abrams tank they look like it but they have none of the same tec.

BASICALLY ITS ALL STEEL.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 6:19:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can bet there were quite a lot when we trained "syrian rebels" in jordan. If you've seen some of their earlier vids before they actually went full in into Iraq you could see some nice gear and weapons manipulation.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 6:27:50 PM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck those countries.

http://www.meforum.org/441/why-arabs-lose-wars

That's a great read.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 7:00:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/13/2014 7:26:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Hows the visibility while driving one of thee M1 tanks? Seems all the Iraqi's are driving them right off into ravines. This is the second or third one I've seen in a ditch. These guys don't deserve to be driving around in our main battle tanks even if they're the monkey models.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 7:45:47 PM EDT
[#41]
how long until ISIS invades Kuwait?
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 7:50:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Does the Iraqi Army have no fight at all in it?
View Quote

Like all Arab armies, the IA has no real NCO corps. Sergeants are just senior PFCs.
IA senior officers are all political appointees who got their jobs because of their loyalty to Maliki.

They're soft as puppy shit.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 8:09:18 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

BASICALLY ITS ALL STEEL.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No shit.

BASICALLY ITS ALL STEEL.

It still has a huge advantage over other regional forces. The gun is still 120mm and if they are Egyptian or similar they may even be in M1A2SEP configuration.

Link Posted: 7/13/2014 8:10:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They had to JDAM an Abrams because they couldn't save it and that was after they tried to kill it with another Abrams, IIRC.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 8:21:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Found an article about the acquisition. Those tanks would appear to have some toys on them.

"
"M1A1-SA” (Situational Awareness) tanks are a modification set designed by the US Army, in response to their experiences in Iraq. It is potentially complementary to the M1 TUSK (Tank Urban Survivability Kit) upgrade,
which adds a set of advanced sensors and machine gun operated from
inside the vehicle, a loader’s armored gun shield, explosive-reactive
armor tiles, a remote thermal sight, and an improved power distribution
box, as well as other key modifications. See the accompanying article’s
graphic for more.

The Iraqis have evidently responded to these tanks’ success on the
ground, and Iraq’s tanks appear to borrow a number of these
characteristics. Modifications for the American set include:

• 2nd-generation FLIR (Forward-Looking Infrared) sights, which make a difference on the battlefield. General Dynamics releases specifically mention this feature for Iraq’s tanks.

• Far Target Locate.

• An eye-safe laser rangefinder.

• Driver’s vision enhancements. These may include BAE System’s DVRC rear-view thermal camera. General Dynamics releases specifically mention this feature for Iraq’s tanks.

• A power distribution box (note all of the associated electronics in these modifications).

• A rear slave receptacle. An auxiliary power (slave) receptacle is used
    to start a vehicle when its batteries are unable to supply starting
    current. A D-N-I.NET article had a couple of interesting points from the field re: the slave receptacle’s design and positioning, and indeed the M1 upgrade initiatives generally.

• A tank-infantry phone that is mounted on the outside of the tank, and
    can be picked up by accompanying infantry. This modification has been
    used on tanks for decades, but was left out of the M1. It improves
    coordination, without forcing the tank crew to come out and expose
    themselves to enemy fire. This had been a frequent request from infantry
    troops in Iraq, whose urban situations make this feature especially
    useful; it is featured on both M1A1-SA and M1 TUSK tanks.

One addition specifically mentioned for Iraqi M1s is turbine engines developed through the US Army’s TIGER (Total Integrated Engine Revitalization) program, along with pulse-jet filter cleaning systems added to improve performance in Iraq’s dust and grit."

Link Posted: 7/13/2014 8:22:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Does Australia's Abrams have Chobham?
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 8:29:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

why not? when we go back in there, we should have to face our own weapons and tactics...
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 8:36:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Gave all that equipment to the wrong people.  Should have given it to the Kurds instead.
View Quote

Agree with that!  Let the Iranians give them some air support, that should keep them busy (and broke)for awhile
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 8:36:39 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm not worried about the M113s, a Javelin can open one up like a sardine can; my worry is the Abrams; even without the enhanced armor of our tanks, a few might end up in the hands of Iran or worst, Russia. They can find out how they can defeat them and we're in for a hell of a lotta trouble down the road.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 8:38:10 PM EDT
[#50]
I'm going to lol my ass off when these turds finally piss off the wrong people. The beat down is going to be biblical.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top