Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 1:25:10 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Talk about stepping up to the plate to fix a problem.  I hope it works out for them.  
View Quote
Seriously.

Link Posted: 6/22/2016 1:25:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0700-0799/0790/Sections/0790.065.html

A licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer may not sell or deliver from her or his inventory at her or his licensed premises any firearm to another person, other than a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector, until she or he has:
1. Obtained a completed form from the potential buyer or transferee...
2. Collected a fee from the potential buyer for processing the criminal history check of the potential buyer...
3. Requested, by means of a toll-free telephone call, the Department of Law Enforcement to conduct a check of the information...
4. Received a unique approval number for that inquiry from the Department of Law Enforcement, and recorded the date and such number on the consent form.

Florida law makes no exemption for repairs or replacement like Federal law does.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A mistake was made by Glock.

When I had a replacement pistol with new serial numbers sent to me by S&W a transfer was required.

According to my communications with Smith & Wesson; it's my understanding that under federal law a replacement pistol can be sent directly to an end user, but in the state of Florida the law requires that it be shipped first to an FFL for a transfer.

I am not aware of any such law in Florida. Can you please post it?

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0700-0799/0790/Sections/0790.065.html

A licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer may not sell or deliver from her or his inventory at her or his licensed premises any firearm to another person, other than a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector, until she or he has:
1. Obtained a completed form from the potential buyer or transferee...
2. Collected a fee from the potential buyer for processing the criminal history check of the potential buyer...
3. Requested, by means of a toll-free telephone call, the Department of Law Enforcement to conduct a check of the information...
4. Received a unique approval number for that inquiry from the Department of Law Enforcement, and recorded the date and such number on the consent form.

Florida law makes no exemption for repairs or replacement like Federal law does.

Then I guess Glock messed that one up. I had no idea.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 2:07:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Nope.  I'm finished with Remington.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 2:18:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Not understanding the excitement here.
If you want a plastic gun, buy the right one - Glock, and that's coming from a predominantly SIG owner.

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 2:21:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

If you want a plastic gun, buy the right one - Glock, and that's coming from a predominantly SIG owner.

A.W.D.
View Quote

i do not think it was polymer
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 2:21:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

A.W.D.
View Quote

Yeah, I guess the grip panels are plastic.  Does that make it a plastic gun?
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 2:27:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Ha.

No.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 2:27:26 PM EDT
[#8]
If you voluntarily give your money to Remington you deserve the malfunctioning firearm you receive
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 2:29:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A.W.D.

I thought it was, and perhaps thought wrong.

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 2:50:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Anyone seen the specs on the new replacement gun? I am curious about weight and capacity.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 2:55:13 PM EDT
[#11]
The R51 makes the Glock look beautiful.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 3:24:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

A.W.D.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A.W.D.

A.W.D.

They are, or at least were, aluminum frames pistols.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 3:25:05 PM EDT
[#13]
SWEET!

I can't wait to get a third free magazine while I wait for the Gen 2 to come back from their repair center.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 3:31:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
LOL, NOPE
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/22/2016 3:32:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Seriously.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Talk about stepping up to the plate to fix a problem.  I hope it works out for them.  
Seriously.

Seriously?
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 3:41:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Cool. I was interested in that pistol. Hopefully they fixed all of the issues.
View Quote

+1

It looks pretty ugly though. I saw a photoshop somebody did to address the cosmetic issues and it looked a lot better.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 4:02:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Hey everyone, make sure to wait for Jeff Quinn's review of the pistol so you can get solid feedback on it's performance before buying it.

View Quote

Looking forward to all the glowing reviews in the gun rags soon.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 4:25:25 PM EDT
[#18]

I have received nothing, but I did call them.  They're thinking that it should possibly be three weeks, gauged only off of how long their normal turnaround is, but they did say they're expediting these orders.

And they said they do have my phone and email on file.  Which is funny, because they have given me zero communication in the last two years they've had my firearm.  

They'll be getting a very strongly worded letter after I have my firearm back.

And yes, those who waited are supposed to be receiving a pelican case and four mags, and a letter.  I'm very curious as to the content of the latter.

And they said that the only further communication would be from the Gunshop once they receive my item--so yet again, they have no communication.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 4:29:50 PM EDT
[#19]
LOL, I'll bet they send you an RM380 with "R51" overstamped on the frame.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 8:09:39 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

LOL, I'll bet they send you an RM380 with "R51" overstamped on the frame.
View Quote
I'm a little surprised they haven't released it in 9mm yet, especially because rohrbaugh had them in 9mm.  Or maybe they didn't specifically to not piss off the gun community even more after this R51 fiasco
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 8:14:19 PM EDT
[#21]
I loved the look of the gun. I still don't trust Remington to do anything but make ammo.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 8:15:16 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

If you voluntarily give your money to Remington you deserve the malfunctioning firearm you receive
View Quote

lol I was thinking something along those lines.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 8:23:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Cool.  I'd like to buy an R51 predicated on it, you know, actually working.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 8:28:31 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View Quote

So do I.

It's Remington, though, so it probably won't.

Link Posted: 6/22/2016 8:30:25 PM EDT
[#25]
is this really something people want?

it's like Chevy re-releasing a Citation hatchback
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 8:34:12 PM EDT
[#26]

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 12:56:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Bump for today
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 1:33:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Yeah I am pretty sure a new serial # requires a new transfer but I guess I could be wrong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why are they making you go through an FFL?  They could save themselves some money and their customers some headache by just shipping the replacements direct.

New serial numbers is my guess.

Non-issue. My G23 came back from Glock with a new frame and new serial to my doorstep (so to speak--I did have to sign for it).

Wut?????

Yeah I am pretty sure a new serial # requires a new transfer but I guess I could be wrong.

Friend of mine shipped two broken ATI lowers for warranty replacement. New lowers had to ship to FFL.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 1:37:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Learn something new every day
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/how-would-licensee-record-disposition-replacement-firearm-licensee%E2%80%99s-records
How would a licensee record the disposition of a replacement firearm in the licensee’s records?

A licensee who receives a firearm for repair or customizing, and who returns a replacement firearm, must record the disposition in the licensee’s acquisition and disposition record. However, no ATF Form 4473 is required if the replacement firearm is returned to the same person from whom the licensee received the firearm being replaced. The replacement firearm must be of the same kind and type.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(2)(A); 27 CFR 478.124(a) and 478.147]

Learn something new every day

Still looks like FFL is supposed to receive-that only seems to say no form is required if owner picks up his own gun. Steve brings his gun(SN1) to Fred, Fred ships to factory and receives a replacement, Steve picks up SN2 with no paperwork.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 1:46:09 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View Quote
And made it out of steel

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 1:46:17 PM EDT
[#31]
I used to have an original r51, serial number was under 2500. Came down from my great grandmother, via my great grandfather, who got it from his uncle, who was lynched for moon shining at some point way the hell back when. Sadly lost it when some scumbag broke into my house 8 years ago.  One of these days I am going to have to track down another one. It was a damn fine pistol. I hope the new ones live up to the pedigree but i doubt it will.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 1:47:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 1:49:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Good for them.. They fucked up, owned it, and decided to fix it vs, say fuck it and ditch it and move on...
I was interested back then, and still are. I will fingerfuck one when I get a chance and see how it is received .
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 1:50:12 PM EDT
[#34]
2 months shy of two years since I sent in my R51.  I've got the email that "we're shipping your pistol in the next few days" after I sent them my FFL.  One of my customers got the same email, so in theory I should have two examples arriving shortly.  I'll believe it when I sign the UPS handheld and open the box.......
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 1:53:25 PM EDT
[#35]
" />

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 2:00:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 2:02:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
And made it out of steel

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And made it out of steel

Aluminum frame is fine, but it really needs a steel locking shoulder insert.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 2:08:30 PM EDT
[#38]
There sure are suckas born every minute.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 2:13:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They need to make a threaded version.  That's the main draw of the action.

The AAC booth at SHOT Show (2013? 2014?) with a Ti-Rant 9S is the WHOLE reason I was interested in the R51.  So, are threaded barrels finally going to be available for this thing or what?
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 2:29:50 PM EDT
[#40]

Those disc guns were the tits.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 4:59:55 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

2 months shy of two years since I sent in my R51.  I've got the email that "we're shipping your pistol in the next few days" after I sent them my FFL.  One of my customers got the same email, so in theory I should have two examples arriving shortly.  I'll believe it when I sign the UPS handheld and open the box.......
View Quote
This is my thoughts on it, but at this point there is a definite "point of no return" for the amount of shit they're gonna catch if people don't start receiving guns ASAP
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 8:09:40 PM EDT
[#42]
I got mine back.  Trying to figure out how to post pictures from a potato.

Got four mags, pistol, and pelican, just as advertised.  Overall, it's only a hair longer than a 43, and the same height as a 43 with the pinky mag on it.  Very light to rack the slide, but I won't get a chance to hit the range until Wednesday.  The sights appear to have been enlarged and dehorned.  The trigger is better, but the trigger shoe is decidedly looser.  Trigger reset has not improved/is the same length as before, but the trigger feels better & more crisp.  The new mags have a slightly extended baseplate now.  I intend to take a look at the internals after dinner.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 8:17:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why are they making you go through an FFL?  They could save themselves some money and their customers some headache by just shipping the replacements direct.

New serial numbers is my guess.

Non-issue. My G23 came back from Glock with a new frame and new serial to my doorstep (so to speak--I did have to sign for it).

Wut?????

I sent a malfunctioning Gen 3 Glock 19 back to Glock for repair.  They couldn't fix it so they said, "How about a new Gen 4?"  I said ok, I got back a Gen 4 G19 two days later direct from Glock.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 8:23:31 PM EDT
[#44]

Link Posted: 6/27/2016 8:26:45 PM EDT
[#45]
That thing is SCREAMING for a threaded barrel, a lá Ruger 22/45
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 8:30:00 PM EDT
[#46]

Damn, I had one of those!
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 9:49:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

The AAC booth at SHOT Show (2013? 2014?) with a Ti-Rant 9S is the WHOLE reason I was interested in the R51.  So, are threaded barrels finally going to be available for this thing or what?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They need to make a threaded version.  That's the main draw of the action.

The Walther CCP too
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 9:57:05 PM EDT
[#48]

Link Posted: 6/27/2016 9:59:47 PM EDT
[#49]
I am still game, like the idea but I have little faith in Remington.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:07:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I loved the look of the gun. I still don't trust Remington to do anything but make ammo.
View Quote

Their ammo sucks too.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top