Good for her, and her grandfather.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 4:31:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Love Idaho.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 4:33:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 4:33:27 PM EDT
[#8]
She looks like she's ready to collect on all of the girlscout cookie orders.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 4:34:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Just came to GD to post this!
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 4:34:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Trying to use logic and reality to sway the vote of gun grabbing fuckers?

what a fucking world we live in.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 4:35:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 4:35:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Nice!

Well done grandpa.

Need more of this, everywhere:  "People live in fear, terrified of that which they do not understand. She's been shooting since she was 5 years old. She got her first deer with this weapon at 9. She carries it responsibly. She knows how not to put her finger on the trigger..."

ETA:  My 8yo was waiting (im)patiently to look over and handle my new AR build yesterday.  He did so safely as well, with a big 'ol smile too.

We, as a society, need to take a more active role in educating kids on firearms, safety and responsibility.  Take the mystique and taboo out of it.  Teach them that guns are just tools, but are tools that need to be respected and handled with care, just like any other.

The family in this story is setting a good example of that.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 4:37:07 PM EDT
[#13]
She should go to chat to Greta....wonder how the media would spin that story out?
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 4:37:40 PM EDT
[#14]
My neighbor states are getting to be much more badass than my state.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 4:52:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Raising her right.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 4:56:50 PM EDT
[#16]
The left does it with their kids to push a narrative. We need to start doing the same thing. That grandfather is doing it right tho. Using it as an example that we aren't the problem. Not pushing stupid lgbtbbq bullshit.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 5:01:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 5:02:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Impressive, the mandalorian reference is perfect.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 5:04:58 PM EDT
[#19]
I grew up in a house with no locked firearms. I was made to understand the rules and abide by them. Was told a firearm is a weapon of last resort in a defensive situation. It was my first taste of real responsibility and an important step in creating an honest individual. Kids are capable if given the right values and patient instruction.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 5:05:10 PM EDT
[#20]
The hand on her shoulder in the pic makes grandpa look like "don't whack that into the table too hard, sweetie, you'll bump your elevation dial..."

I fully approve. And yes, freedom is scary for some.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 5:11:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Badass!

But utterly horrible optics that the left will capitalize on. I wouldn't be surprised to see that pic show up in some Moms Demanding Action propaganda.
"These right wing gun extremists want to arm children....CHILDREN!!!!"
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 5:14:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Badass!

But utterly horrible optics that the left will capitalize on. I wouldn't be surprised to see that pic show up in some Moms Demanding Action propaganda.
View Quote
Anybody paying attention doesn't give a shit about optics. Optics just like racists don't mean shit really anymore.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 5:16:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Badass!

View Quote
Oh, this shit again
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 5:20:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Get strapped and get ice cream!
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 5:20:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Anybody paying attention doesn't give a shit about optics. Optics just like racists don't mean shit really anymore.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Badass!

Optics never really did mean shit to anyone with any common sense.  When the left is against something there is nothing you can do to look good in their eyes, best not waste time trying.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 5:20:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Badass!

View Quote
Hellyeah we do and they can eat a mile of dick for all I care.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 5:24:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Shame the article has her name in it. I guess it doesn’t matter she’s a minor child.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 5:27:01 PM EDT
[#28]
That's awesome.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 5:27:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Badass!

View Quote
Fuck them, those moms aren’t as responsible as that 11 year old girl, THAT is what needs to be the example. They’re led around by the nose by a billionaire midget tyrant that has zero respect for them...
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 5:28:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Fuck them, those moms aren’t as responsible as that 11 year old girl, THAT is what needs to be the example. They’re led around by the nose by a billionaire midget that has zero respect for them...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Badass!

Fuck them, those moms aren’t as responsible as that 11 year old girl, THAT is what needs to be the example. They’re led around by the nose by a billionaire midget that has zero respect for them...
Like I said, I think it is badass
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 5:35:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Badass!

View Quote
Children are better suited to crew served weapons.jpg
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 5:37:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I grew up in a house with no locked firearms. I was made to understand the rules and abide by them. Was told a firearm is a weapon of last resort in a defensive situation. It was my first taste of real responsibility and an important step in creating an honest individual. Kids are capable if given the right values and patient instruction.
View Quote
Hell, people used to hang a rifle/shotgun over their door to protect their livestock and property. They hung them over their fireplace hearths. They had glass front cabinets full of firearms in their living rooms.

Guns were always readily accessible....but hearing about kids getting shot playing with guns was seldom if ever.

People taught their kids that guns are a tool, that they require 4 safety rules, and that they aren't toys.

Enter the MSM and the communist efforts to conquer our nation. Now people shriek in fear of the mere sight of a firearm.

Coincidence? I think not.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 5:38:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Idahome
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 5:39:10 PM EDT
[#34]
I hate when people use their kids for shit like this on the right and left.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 5:42:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Yes, but did she nick the census man like a good girl?
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 5:45:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Then you're fighting a one sided war. Or not fighting one, I should say.

I think proving that freedom is good and having your kid be a part of the process is a good thing.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 5:48:51 PM EDT
[#37]
What's grandfather's screen name here ? ? ?

He's got to be a member.

Link Posted: 2/24/2020 5:50:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I think proving that freedom is good and having your kid be a part of the process is a good thing.
View Quote
I agree. I don't agree with the other poster above. Sexualizing kids is not the same as having kids enjoy their Constitutional rights.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 5:51:47 PM EDT
[#39]
“And see how cumbersome it is for her to carry it around, we should be able to have smaller weapons for ease of carrying”
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 5:52:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Awesome.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 5:53:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I hate when people use their kids for shit like this on the right and left.
View Quote
I humbly disagree.

Children are the future & their future hinges on the now. They need to be seen for what they are & what they can become: Either fearful & cowardous, or brave & courageous.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 5:56:59 PM EDT
[#42]
I was hoping the new legislation restricted Utards and Texans from carrying in our state.... maybe next time....
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 5:59:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
That's awesome.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 6:00:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Shame the article has her name in it. I guess it doesn’t matter she’s a minor child.
View Quote
It’s not like she’s a troubled teen committing assault or anything.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 6:06:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I agree. I don't agree with the other poster above. Sexualizing kids is not the same as having kids enjoy their Constitutional rights.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is not logical to compare the two. Guns represent self preservation. Sex doesn't.

My parents taught me how to shoot starting before I could walk. I would hunt alone by 5. A gun in a rural area is a life saver.

The comparison is dumb. We had predators, snakes, rabid animals and wild dogs. We had livestock to protect. I had chores.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 6:12:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Not normally a fan of using children as political props, but tbf this is different enough from the David Hoggs of the world that I'm not exactly outraged.

Seems like a good poppop
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 6:12:48 PM EDT
[#47]
When I was 15 my mom bought me a shotgun for homedefense after a shooting across the street. I had 100% control of it to do as I wanted and yet never a single negligent incident or crime commited. It's almost like they're objects that only operate under user input.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 6:13:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Impressive, the mandalorian reference is perfect.
View Quote
Exactly!
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 6:15:42 PM EDT
[#49]
It's different here.

But also full.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 6:15:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
She'd be dead or in Juvie here
View Quote
New York values.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top