Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 11:56:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mehh, when Sean Connery retired as Bond, Bond retired with him.

All subsequent "Bondlike Characters" sucked in varying levels but sucked none the less.

Black Bond? LOL, sure man whatever you think.

Some characters are white anglo-saxon protestants, they just are.

Maybe remake Shaft or Super Fly, or Action Jackson .

View Quote

Except not really, because Ian Flemming didn't want Sean Connery to play Bond. I like Connery, but he's not the perfect Bond.
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 12:03:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 12:11:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Well, Danes are basically Africans.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It would be worth it just to see the massive butthurt in GD.

It's not butthurt. If the character were undeveloped, new, had no familial history laid out, or wasn't based on the author himself, who was white, there wouldn't be a problem with it. Nobody but a white guy can be Bond realistically, because there is a history, recorded since the 50s dictating that he be white.

I can't figure out why some people cannot fathom being true to the original story, lineage, and author's intent.

Like I said, make a new character if 007 being black means so much to you. A black guy can certainly be 007, Bond's replacement, and this guy would make one of the best, but he cannot be Bond.

Nobody has a problem with a black guy being 007.

INBFTFSIRAABGWAFSATVA

In Before Frosty The Fucking Snowman Is Rewritten As A Black Guy With Al Fuckin Sharpton As The Voice Actor.

You sure sound butthurt.

In other news I hear that the studio types are planning to have James Earl Jones play King Harold Blue Tooth in the upcoming remake of The Long Ships...........

Well, Danes are basically Africans.

I was really disappointed the first time I went to Denmark and they were so few blonds.  Then I went across on the ferry to Malmo and found them.
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 1:00:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

"Guize, I'm really not butthurt and racist, I swear! "
*proceeds to post yet another wall of text about how Bond just can't be Black, on Christmas morning"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It would be worth it just to see the massive butthurt in GD.

It's not butthurt. If the character were undeveloped, new, had no familial history laid out, or wasn't based on the author himself, who was white, there wouldn't be a problem with it. Nobody but a white guy can be Bond realistically, because there is a history, recorded since the 50s dictating that he be white.

I can't figure out why some people cannot fathom being true to the original story, lineage, and author's intent.

Like I said, make a new character if 007 being black means so much to you. A black guy can certainly be 007, Bond's replacement, and this guy would make one of the best, but he cannot be Bond.

Nobody has a problem with a black guy being 007.

INBFTFSIRAABGWAFSATVA

In Before Frosty The Fucking Snowman Is Rewritten As A Black Guy With Al Fuckin Sharpton As The Voice Actor.

"Guize, I'm really not butthurt and racist, I swear! "
*proceeds to post yet another wall of text about how Bond just can't be Black, on Christmas morning"

Those that have no argument throw out personal attacks. Bond is the real name of the character, and has a very detailed background based on the author who is white. The integrity of the character needs to remain. If the Bond name was a cover, you could use any race to play it, but it isn't.

Continue with the same type movies, with any actor, even using the 007 agent number. No problem, but Bond is set in stone.

Link Posted: 12/25/2014 1:04:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Except not really, because Ian Flemming didn't want Sean Connery to play Bond. I like Connery, but he's not the perfect Bond.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All subsequent "Bondlike Characters" sucked in varying levels but sucked none the less.

Pee Wee Herman as Shaft

Or Jennifer Anniston as Whitney Houston.  
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 1:13:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Pee Wee Herman as Shaft

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pee Wee Herman as Shaft

Al Sharpton to portray Barack Obama in an updated re-boot of The Manchurian Candidate.
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 1:20:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I always thought Timothy Dalton was probably the closest to Flemming's vision. He had the cold, menacing, detached air down pat. Too bad both his movies were kind of dull.
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 1:24:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I always thought Timothy Dalton was probably the closest to Flemming's vision. He had the cold, menacing, detached air down pat. Too bad both his movies were kind of dull.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

crap.
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 2:45:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Sam Neill was on the short list to play bond. I bet he would have done a good job.
View Quote

Well, he WAS O'Reilly, Ace Of Spies once!
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 2:52:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Those that have no argument throw out personal attacks. Bond is the real name of the character, and has a very detailed background based on the author who is white. The integrity of the character needs to remain. If the Bond name was a cover, you could use any race to play it, but it isn't.

Continue with the same type movies, with any actor, even using the 007 agent number. No problem, but Bond is set in stone.

View Quote

It's funny watching you preach about those not having an argument, when your entire course of dissent revolves around a single physical attribute of a character, which is quite possibly the most shallow argument one could possibly have involving the portrayal of a movie character. There are so many factors that are involved with the development of a character, and near the bottom of the list is race. Movies are typically focused not on how a character looks, but the arc of the character. 7 other actors have played bond, and there are very few similarities between all of them, other than race. Traditionally, Bond is a character which can be depicted by many different actors, along with different directors, and each new entry will bring a new side of bond and help keep things new, fresh, and inventive. Sure, you could keep Craig portraying Bond until he is no longer physically capable of being on a screen, sucking the entire life out of the franchise, as Hollywood loves to do. But personally my favorite aspect of the Bond franchise is seeing different people portray Bond.

I'm not saying your racist because you don't think Idris Elba should play James Bond. I'm pointing out the obvious fact that you are racist because you take the slight mention from a leaked email of someone saying "Idris Elba should play Bond" and start keyboard crusading against it, and immediately bring up Al Sharpton, as if that hollow crook of a worthless man is somehow representative of Black people, and a British Black person at that. You attribute the characters race as dependent on the integrity, but don't point out the lack of consistency between all the other actors who've played bond.

Were you this pissed off about the casting of Exodus? I mean, those were real people not made up characters, surely those are more deserving of criticism than a fictitious character that has historically been portrayed by many different people.

Link Posted: 12/25/2014 2:56:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
yes and yes  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think he'd be a great Bond.

I also think Clive Owen would make a good Bond.
yes and yes  

clive owen was supposed to be bond but he decided to make 'children of men' (one of the best movies ever made) instead...
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 2:58:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I prefer Craig, but Dalton was pretty good.
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 2:58:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Pee Wee Herman as Shaft

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pee Wee Herman as Shaft

Thank you for your well thought out and backed up reasoning, and choices.
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 3:16:02 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Wouldn't mind Chiwetel Ejiofor as well.

View Quote

That guy is great. Not sure he's the Bond type, but he made a great Operative.

Link Posted: 12/25/2014 3:17:25 PM EDT
[#15]
I would pay good money to see Pee Wee Herman as Shaft.

Link Posted: 12/25/2014 3:31:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

It's funny watching you preach about those not having an argument, when your entire course of dissent revolves around a single physical attribute of a character, which is quite possibly the most shallow argument one could possibly have involving the portrayal of a movie character. There are so many factors that are involved with the development of a character, and near the bottom of the list is race. Movies are typically focused not on how a character looks, but the arc of the character. 7 other actors have played bond, and there are very few similarities between all of them, other than race. Traditionally, Bond is a character which can be depicted by many different actors, along with different directors, and each new entry will bring a new side of bond and help keep things new, fresh, and inventive. Sure, you could keep Craig portraying Bond until he is no longer physically capable of being on a screen, sucking the entire life out of the franchise, as Hollywood loves to do. But personally my favorite aspect of the Bond franchise is seeing different people portray Bond.

I'm not saying your racist because you don't think Idris Elba should play James Bond. I'm pointing out the obvious fact that you are racist because you take the slight mention from a leaked email of someone saying "Idris Elba should play Bond" and start keyboard crusading against it, and immediately bring up Al Sharpton, as if that hollow crook of a worthless man is somehow representative of Black people, and a British Black person at that. You attribute the characters race as dependent on the integrity, but don't point out the lack of consistency between all the other actors who've played bond.

Were you this pissed off about the casting of Exodus? I mean, those were real people not made up characters, surely those are more deserving of criticism than a fictitious character that has historically been portrayed by many different people.

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/pizzacat-meme.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have given you the history of the character Bond. His family lineage is white. There is no racism there. You throw that word around but you have no clue as to what it means. Furthermore, you don't know me, so you need to back the fuck up with your personal attacks calling someone racist.

But, perhaps you are too afraid of being called a racist to speak the truth that the Bond character is not a good fit for any race other than white to play, because his parents are fucking white. That is cannon, in the books and movies.

If Bonds parents were black, and Bond was black, I would be using these same arguments against the use of a white guy playing him.

Notice he stated he wanted an Anglo Saxon name.

The name James Bond came from that of the American ornithologist James Bond, a Caribbean bird expert and author of the definitive field guide Birds of the West Indies. Fleming, a keen birdwatcher himself, had a copy of Bond's guide and he later explained to the ornithologist's wife that "It struck me that this brief, unromantic, Anglo-Saxon and yet very masculine name was just what I needed, and so a second James Bond was born".

Note the people he was based on other than just the author, these are actual British Secret Service and Commandos during WWII

The author's brother, Peter Fleming.
Conrad O'Brien French
Patrick Dalzel-Job
Commander Wilfred Albert Dunderdale MBE

If there is a racist here, it is you, who cannot accept that some people do not fit certain roles due to the history and lineage of the character. You deny that race plays a role in life, in this case the genetic makeup of James Bond, and are afraid that it makes the actor, the black actor somehow inferior. It is not that the actor in question cannot play a role identical, but under a different name with flair, but is that the actor, and yes, due to the color of his skin cannot play that exact character.

I would not cast Billy Crystal in the role of Paul Bunyon? Does that mean I discriminate against short people ? Of course not. It is because you are trying to cast someone in a role that has a history of being a giant, while the actor is short.

Hell, let's remake Roots, and Kunta Kinte can be played by Patric Stewart.

I would be against that as well, as it does not fit the established storyline and character development.
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 3:36:12 PM EDT
[#17]
It would be like having a black Jesus or a black Lone Ranger        
Quoted:
Well he's a black British actor. What's the difference?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF?

No racism at all, but Bond is a white British character, that is the stupidest idea that I have ever seen...

Well he's a black British actor. What's the difference?

Link Posted: 12/25/2014 3:52:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I have given you the history of the character Bond. His family lineage is white. There is no racism there. You throw that word around but you have no clue as to what it means. Furthermore, you don't know me, so you need to back the fuck up with your personal attacks calling someone racist.

But, perhaps you are too afraid of being called a racist to speak the truth that the Bond character is not a good fit for any race other than white to play, because his parents are fucking white. That is cannon, in the books and movies.

If Bonds parents were black, and Bond was black, I would be using these same arguments against the use of a white guy playing him.

The name James Bond came from that of the American ornithologist James Bond, a Caribbean bird expert and author of the definitive field guide Birds of the West Indies. Fleming, a keen birdwatcher himself, had a copy of Bond's guide and he later explained to the ornithologist's wife that "It struck me that this brief, unromantic, Anglo-Saxon and yet very masculine name was just what I needed, and so a second James Bond was born".

Note the people he was based on other than just the author, these are actual British Secret Service and Commandos during WWII

Conrad O'Brien French
Patrick Dalzel-Job

If there is a racist here, it is you, who cannot accept that some people do not fit certain roles due to the history and lineage of the character. You deny that race plays a role in life, in this case the genetic makeup of James Bond, and are afraid that it makes the actor, the black actor somehow inferior. It is not that the actor in question cannot play a role identical, but under a different name with flair, but is that the actor, and yes, due to the color of his skin cannot play that exact character.

I would not cast Billy Crystal in the role of Paul Bunyon? Does that mean I discriminate against short people ? Of course not. It is because you are trying to cast someone in a role that has a history of being a giant, while the actor is short.

I would be against that as well, as it does not fit the established storyline and character development.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Conrad O'Brien French
Patrick Dalzel-Job

You've posted a good argument, but if the series is full on rebooted, then race can be retconned.
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 4:02:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Conrad O'Brien French
Patrick Dalzel-Job

View Quote

You're completely ignoring the fact that Bond has become much more than Flemmings original intent, so using his intentions for James Bond is negligible. The series has evolved into it's own entity.

I'm not denying the fact that race plays a role in life; if it didn't, we wouldn't even be discussing this. My entire point is that there are many other issues to consider when assessing the Bond character, and him being white doesn't even register to me. But this isn't life. This isn't a social issue. This is a fictional depiction of a super duper secret agent who does secret squirrel shit. How many times and in how many franchises has a character been reimagined? Many derivatives are made in all forms of entertainment.

Why aren't you crying that Felix Leiter was played by a black man? Or Miss Moneypenny became Black?

>but Peter Pan is a Man, why is a woman playing it?
>Why is Michael Clark Duncan playing Kingpin, he is supposed to be white!
>Morgan Freeman can't play Red in Shawshank Redemption, he was white in the book!

You could keep going on about this, but it doesn't matter. The opinion of many modern directors resonates with me; It doesn't matter what someone looks like, whoever auditions the best gets the role.
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 4:30:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You're completely ignoring the fact that Bond has become much more than Flemmings original intent, so using his intentions for James Bond is negligible. The series has evolved into it's own entity.

I'm not denying the fact that race plays a role in life; if it didn't, we wouldn't even be discussing this. My entire point is that there are many other issues to consider when assessing the Bond character, and him being white doesn't even register to me. But this isn't life. This isn't a social issue. This is a fictional depiction of a super duper secret agent who does secret squirrel shit. How many times and in how many franchises has a character been reimagined? Many derivatives are made in all forms of entertainment.

Why aren't you crying that Felix Leiter was played by a black man? Or Miss Moneypenny became Black?

>Morgan Freeman can't play Red in Shawshank Redemption, he was white in the book!

You could keep going on about this, but it doesn't matter. The opinion of many modern directors resonates with me; It doesn't matter what someone looks like, whoever auditions the best gets the role.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Conrad O'Brien French
Patrick Dalzel-Job

All of this is accurate.
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 4:30:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

If you're going to go that route go with Will Smith.........after all he did such a great job with James West.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

If you're going to go that route go with Will Smith.........after all he did such a great job with James West.

Holy shit was that ever a dumb fucking movie.

I predict that if Idris Elba plays James Bond. That movie will be the lowest money grossing Bond movie, EVER!.
It will do even worse in the overseas market!
The whole idea is just.

Link Posted: 12/25/2014 5:19:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 6:01:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Can we not all agree Oasis is the greatest English band since The Beatles?

This thread got hilarious in a hurry.
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 7:53:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You've posted a good argument, but if the series is full on rebooted, then race can be retconned.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Conrad O'Brien French
Patrick Dalzel-Job

fine, but don't call the character Bond.
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 7:55:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Conrad O'Brien French
Patrick Dalzel-Job

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Conrad O'Brien French
Patrick Dalzel-Job

With a little Sigmund Reilly thrown in for good measure.........
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 8:05:33 PM EDT
[#26]
No fucks given. If it's a good movie, I'll watch it. I like Daniel Craig as Bond too.
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 9:16:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Strange.  I think the constant replacement of classic white character roles being switched to black actors is racist.

I guess I can just go ahead and label myself a racist from the GD crowd too.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 1:03:43 AM EDT
[#28]
Elba is good to go.  I like him.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 1:47:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Can we not all agree Oasis is the greatest English band since The Beatles?

This thread got hilarious in a hurry.
View Quote

No, are you high on crack or something?
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 2:29:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Brad Pitt or Tom Cruis!
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 3:09:03 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Originally Posted By pavlovment, when your entire course of dissent revolves around a single physical attribute of a character, which is quite possibly the most shallow argument one could possibly have involving the portrayal of a movie character. There are so many factors that are involved with the development of a character, and near the bottom of the list is race. Movies are typically focused not on how a character looks, but the arc of the character. 7 other actors have played bond, and there are very few similarities between all of them, other than race. Traditionally, Bond is a character which can be depicted by many different actors, along with different directors, and each new entry will bring a new side of bond and help keep things new, fresh, and inventive. Sure, you could keep Craig portraying Bond until he is no longer physically capable of being on a screen, sucking the entire life out of the franchise, as Hollywood loves to do. But personally my favorite aspect of the Bond franchise is seeing different people portray Bond.

Conrad O'Brien French

Patrick Dalzel-Job

But why, what's the point? You could also reboot the series to have James Bond be an angsty teenager working at a pizza place, Moneypenny as the cute girl working the register, M as the stern manager, and Blofeld as the evil customer on the outskirts of town who doesn't tip. But why go around changing shit that doesn't need to be changed?

Instead of making Bond black which makes no fucking sense, why not cast a black guy to play 008, 009, or 00-fucking-87. Then have the next film be about Bond having to work and train a new agent in the field, or they're both already badasses and they spend the movie kicking ass and tag teaming pussy all over the world. I'd even rather have the movie branch off and be about a different 00 having to step in and save world because Bond is recovering from jumping out of an exploding helicopter, or he's in a coma from a poisoned martini, or Bond can't be found because he's off fucking around on Whore Island or some shit. Something mildly fucking creative other than "Bond is black now, because he just is herpa derpa" FUCK!

Link Posted: 12/26/2014 4:45:08 AM EDT
[#32]
This is just more PC stunt casting like having Claire Danes play Juliet. I mean, a girl? What the hell?
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 5:12:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Conrad O'Brien French
Patrick Dalzel-Job

Next up were getting a black Luke skywalker.. Because we are racist if we think of anything that doesn't match up with Luke sky walker being black..

They should have rebooted the superman movie with a black guy to. I think advanced alien races are racists. Did you see the movie, there were like no black cryptonians. Wtf is this racist bigots gonna hate everything that has a different shade of skin.

You are either a troll or just as ignorant as race baiters!
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 10:11:21 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Strange.  I think the constant replacement of classic white character roles being switched to black actors is racist.

I guess I can just go ahead and label myself a racist from the GD crowd too.
View Quote

No way.  You have it backwards.  You're a racist if you think swapping out a character that has been white for 50+ years, for a non-white one, is silly and nonsensical.  

This thread is hilarious.  It's a look into the mind of a liberal.  So open-minded, their brains have fallen out.

Link Posted: 12/26/2014 11:17:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
This is just more PC stunt casting like having Claire Danes play Juliet. I mean, a girl? What the hell?
View Quote

You wouldn't be making fun of  the casting if you  were in QE1's court.......
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 12:36:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Thinking people are racist for wanting Bond to stay white...

Have you even read the books?

I wouldn't want Bond to be black any more than I'd like Captain Steven Hiller to be white

Link Posted: 12/26/2014 12:38:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Might be the only way their new adviser, Al Sharpton, signs off on the picture.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 12:47:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Next up were getting a black Luke skywalker.. Because we are racist if we think of anything that doesn't match up with Luke sky walker being black..

They should have rebooted the superman movie with a black guy to. I think advanced alien races are racists. Did you see the movie, there were like no black cryptonians. Wtf is this racist bigots gonna hate everything that has a different shade of skin.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Luke Skywalker has been only portrayed by one Actor in the movies, so that doesn't hold up.

As far as questioning anything Comic Related, you should probably pick another avenue, because comic sourced material is literally the single largest entertainment genre that changes Race, Gender, even Sexual Preferences at will.

Quoted:

I lol'd.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 1:09:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Brad Pitt or Tom Cruis!
View Quote

Nope!!!!

Bond gotsta be WHITE and BRITISH .........................
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 1:14:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 1:48:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Nope!!!!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Brad Pitt or Tom Cruis!

Nope!!!!

You obviously never heard of Jimmy Bond......the first time (as far as I know) Bond was portrayed, he was played by an American.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 2:45:16 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

"I know something of a woman in a man's profession. Yes, by God, I do know about that."

Link Posted: 12/26/2014 2:57:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

"I know something of a woman in a man's profession. Yes, by God, I do know about that."

http://www.solarnavigator.net/films_movies_actors/actors_films_images/judi_dench_m_james_bond_skyfall.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.solarnavigator.net/films_movies_actors/actors_films_images/judi_dench_m_james_bond_skyfall.jpg

Did you ever have a chance to see her in the 70's televised version of Mid Summer's Night Dream? In her day was not that bad looking and her costume left very little to the imagination, not much more than a couple leaves.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 4:18:49 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Did you ever have a chance to see her in the 70's televised version of Mid Summer's Night Dream? In her day was not that bad looking and her costume left very little to the imagination, not much more than a couple leaves.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nah, I don't go for that Furry Romance stuff.

Link Posted: 12/26/2014 4:26:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

You need to watch the actor in question here before you say that. The dude is good, and would make a great Bond to anyone that doesn't have a preconcieved notion that he has to be white.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This has nothing to do with getting the best possible actor (what's wrong with Daniel Craig?) for the role. This is a Hollywood studio wanting to cast a black man, just because.

Just imagine the uproar if George Clooney were given the role of Shaft?

You need to watch the actor in question here before you say that. The dude is good, and would make a great Bond to anyone that doesn't have a preconcieved notion that he has to be white.

One, don't ever touch me.
2,  don't ever touch me.
All I need is your obedience, and your fighting skills.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 4:40:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Luke Skywalker has been only portrayed by one Actor in the movies, so that doesn't hold up.

As far as questioning anything Comic Related, you should probably pick another avenue, because comic sourced material is literally the single largest entertainment genre that changes Race, Gender, even Sexual Preferences at will.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11115/111158442/3789867-1793774306-Actio.jpg

I lol'd.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11115/111158442/3789867-1793774306-Actio.jpg

Quoted:

I lol'd.

That is simply PC pandering BS....its comic book publishers

A. Trying to show how PC and liberal they are

and

B. Trying to get black kids/people to spend money on comics...

You are entitled to your opinion, I am entitled to mine

Mine is Bond is white, and changing him black is PC pandering bullshit of the highest order.

If someone wants to generate a new character based on a black secret agent, the sky is the limit, but he doesn't have to be named James Bond....
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 4:50:12 PM EDT
[#47]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2010/2/16/1266283109012/Judi-Dench-Titania-and-Ol-001.jpg

Not that version, the one from the seventies.....she is much too long in the tooth in that version......
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 5:22:59 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Not that version, the one from the seventies.....she is much too long in the tooth in that version......
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

<cut>

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2010/2/16/1266283109012/Judi-Dench-Titania-and-Ol-001.jpg

"not much more than a couple leaves", huh? If she was Puck that might be... interesting.

Link Posted: 12/26/2014 5:33:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

"not much more than a couple leaves", huh? If she was Puck that might be... interesting.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
<cut>

to each their own.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 5:58:45 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

to each their own.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

<cut>

to each their own.

I was just going with the theme of strange casting. I knew she would turn out to be Titania and I do appreciate your recommendation as I'd never heard of it. The cast looks amazing: Ian Holm, Diana Rigg, Helen Mirren, and so on. I'll look for it on Netflix.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top