Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/21/2020 12:29:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably the farm
Link Posted: 10/21/2020 12:34:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Interesting I haven't had any problems with mine.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No way in fuck will I submit to confiscation and the physical subjugation that will be coming.

I have decided not to die on the hill of pistol braces.  The length of pull was always a little short for me, plus the muzzle flash and noise has caused a couple of fellow shooters to stop going to the range with me--my girlfriend included.  I put a Smith Vortex G6A3 on a couple and it's an excellent flash hider, but I swear I still have to double  up on ear pro to do anything with the sound.

I will say, however, that I will not give up my "good stuff" even if I have to do things that I shall not type.

shame

we're already on the last hill that's left, you just don't know it.

One issue is that I've upgraded  many doubtful parts on my PSA pistols, and lately I've had issues with a couple that took a gunsmith to fix.  To me the quality just isn't there.  I'm not ponying up $200 per weapon for what I consider to be the American equivalent of the WASR10.  I just don't think I could trust them with my life compared to a Colt or BCM and so they went to consignment.  I kept one with a BCM upper and PSA lower and it's being legally converted to a 16" rifle, but at some point it may get a new lower too.

If my pistols were made by a Tier 1 manufacturer, I might feel differently.  But honestly, a tax stamp for firearms that I always considered throwaway truck guns just doesn't make sense.  I know we are not there yet, but I have other AR's and getting my money out of the pistols right before the election just seems smart at this time.

What parts do you consider doubtful on PSA pistols ?

This list is across multiple pistols, or might have affected only one or two:

1.  Soft charging handles
2.  Poorly staked bolt carriers
3.  Sight posts cranked pretty far up and out of the FSB, necessitating use of the KNS Precision taller sight
4.  Handguards that warp just from firing a couple of magazines
5.  Top rails out of spec, requiring adjustment to any clamp style optic mount
6.  An  upper receiver so bad it couldn't get through one magazine without a bolt over base malfunction.  I sent this to PSA and of course it
    worked through one magazine for them.  I had a gunsmith replace it.
7.  Poorly staked or non-staked castle nuts
8.  A loose receiver extension.  They staked the castle nut without tightening it.
9.  A receiver extension so poorly fitted they had to grind on it to get it to work with the buffer retainer.
10. Crooked KAK braces. This seems to be common on all PSA AR pistols, and some are not too bad but others are horrible.
11.  Non-milspec recoil springs
12.  Non-milspec buffers
13.  Loose handguard front cap

If I think of more I'll come back and edit this.

Interesting I haven't had any problems with mine.

Yeah. I have one of their premium uppers and regular upper for a AR Pistol and no issues at all with either.  Everything fits fine, everything works fine. Maybe I got lucky.
Link Posted: 10/21/2020 12:40:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I already own everything I need and more than what I want.

I have to work 35 more months for my full retirement. After that, I am moving home to Florida (yes, I am a native Florida Man) and fish, paddle, shoot, tinker, drink and fuck every day, rinse & repeat until I got to die.
Link Posted: 10/21/2020 12:47:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Liquor, TP, meat, the usual.
Link Posted: 10/21/2020 8:04:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Vaseline.  Because we are going to get screwed.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top