[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ammo will run out in about ten days.
View Quote

Maybe at your house.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 6:48:18 PM EDT
[#3]
The character should have blue glasses "seeing blue" as that is their way of thinking.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 6:48:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It won’t be just us versus them. In this country there are many cliques, tribes, gangs, hoodlums, criminals and political/religious beliefs of every flavor that will want a piece.

Read sig
View Quote

Of course.

Throughout history whenever the leadership of a country comes into question there are those who see it as an opportunity to settle scores. Some have a whole lot of scores to settle. Nowhere is really safe from acts of violence and reprisals.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 6:52:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Not sure that is a good option, unless you are driving a Bradley.  Most vehicles would offer slightly more protection than a beer can, especially so if you encounter any obstructions that would slow you down.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe those will just kill all passers bys and take their stuff. So simply put travel armed and don't stop for anyone.

But yes there will be some who will just use it for an excuse to kill everyone they meet. But I doubt they will go thru the trouble of bringing the bodies back and burying them. And if you dig the hole deep enough there is no need for the lime.

Not sure that is a good option, unless you are driving a Bradley.  Most vehicles would offer slightly more protection than a beer can, especially so if you encounter any obstructions that would slow you down.

I’m not sure I agree. Videos exist from October of Jews running a roadblock with Hamas shooting at them as they flew by.  Not all got through. But some did.   The vehicles didn’t offer much protection, but high speed did.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 6:57:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Keep your eye on the ball, and recognize what entity is pushing you to fight who.
Divided we fall.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 7:03:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I keep hearing this, but I don't think that it will be like people think it will be.  Yes, people with friends and family that are willing to help them will leave the cities, like 20-to-40-somethigns going back to mom and dad's house.

I don't foresee people leaving everything that they own to wonder the wilderness.  If they do, then they won't last long.  You don't walk out of your house and immediately learn to live off of the land.  It's also not easy just becoming a highwayman.

These would be the people too dumb to come up with a plan until an armed conflict was upon them.  They're not going to suddenly band together, go into a foreign area, and take out people with like-minded neighbors, established resources, and the means to defend them.  It's not going to be "business as usual" in the rural areas when the cities go to shit.  Those people will be banding together and coming up with plans, too.  Hell, it's not even happening and most people around me are preparing for some sort of event.

If there's some place with work, then maybe, but that would mean that they're contributing something, and someone is willing to supply resources in return.

Those with the means to control the cities will stay there, since that's where their power lies.  Those who have to flee will be woefully unprepared.
View Quote

People just wandering around trying to survive are really putting themselves at risk. Us rural folk are going to have to decide who is the thief and who is the beggar. It isn't going to be easy to tell them apart. If you can't articulate peaceful intentions, there could be a deep hole waiting. Don't start with batshit crazy talk like some here on GD for sure. Have a real good plan and keep moving until you get there. Entering the homes homes of country folk uninvited is a high risk move and not a good sign of peaceful intentions.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 7:07:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Hopefully you're talking about the sheep???
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hopefully you're talking about the sheep???

Not to mention all the deer camp Fudds who rely on the ammo theory that a couple of 20-rd boxes of “aught-6” are all you need.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 7:10:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I think the National Guard would shut down the insurrection quickly.

View Quote

Let's not. -Skg
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 7:15:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Not many I don’t believe. The leftists want to demonize conservatives to the point that they can justify killing them, shutting off their money, jobs etc. Because this won’t really work or go over well, they’ll blame them for terror attacks and when the timing is right, pull the plug on the grid, let the cities fall into chaos, say it’s the right wing hitting the grid and other targets, then send their drones and kill squads to go after their enemies. Then they bring back the grid and act as saviors, then we fall into a brutal guerrilla war.

Hopefully the red states have enough sense to see this coming and plan to eject when it comes to that. Then we can put together more organized forces and then, Russia vs Ukraine pt 2, the American version. Except we ain’t fighting in trenches or any of that BS, it will be like the Revolution mixed with Civil War and Vietnam.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 7:25:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 7:29:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 7:30:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Of course.

Throughout history whenever the leadership of a country comes into question there are those who see it as an opportunity to settle scores. Some have a whole lot of scores to settle. Nowhere is really safe from acts of violence and reprisals.
View Quote

People don’t know what a factional shitshow the Spanish Civil War was.  When they weren’t killing Franco nationalists the commies were killing their republican allies…
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 7:30:20 PM EDT
[#14]
delete
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 7:30:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Stack or get stacked.
View Quote

I don't advise that in the open field.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 7:31:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I think the same thing is the most likely.  Lots of lots of low level, targeted violence.  

I also imagine a scenario where the federal government pushes the states too far and some rogue governor (probably Texas) pushes it over the edge.  Something like the governor of a state won't comply with a federal law, the federal government tries to remove/arrest him.  The governor refuses or resists and has his own LEOs protecting him.  Feds threaten armed action.  Governor calls up national guard, gets his attorney general to declare it legal, and creates a massively destabilizing incident.  

That last one seems unlikely, but there sure is enough hate amongst our politicians for someone to consider this.
View Quote

Texas isn't even in the top ten conservative states. They brag a lot but reality is different.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/most-republican-states
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 7:37:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It will be hunger games (aka commie) style starvation in the culturally homogenous areas, and genocide in the cities.
View Quote

How so? Who is coming out here to take it?
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 7:38:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It will be hunger games (aka commie) style starvation in the culturally homogenous areas, and genocide in the cities.

Yeah, all the farms and livestock are pretty much in the sticks.
ETA and oil, coal gas ect.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 7:41:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lol. You’re gonna be so thick with boneheads and their “bug out” packs, they’re going to be bumping into each other.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 7:44:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Littlefinger Tells Varys That Chaos Is A Ladder | Game of Thrones | HBO
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 7:45:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Research the Balkan Wars

Anyone that ever had a beef with anyone else started shooting as soon as the people in charge were too chaotic to stop them

That's what's going to happen here
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 7:50:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

There isn’t time in this country…yet. Once our country is built back better, you won’t be able to buy food or use transportation with your fedcoin if you still have firearms.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 7:50:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
If the US breaks up, it will likely be peaceful with some negotiated settlement to allow commerce and traffic between the two (or more) nations which are formed. If it is not peaceful then the war will be fought between organized armies under the authority of state governments.
View Quote

I haven't seen any politicians in government with a spine asking for secession. I very much believe Republicans will be siding with the Dems from the beginning.

There is no peaceful breakup and the opposition will be recognized as insurrectionists as they did to the people on Jan 6.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 7:51:09 PM EDT
[#24]

Libya had two civil wars after Gaddafi's fall.  I doubt things are still settled yet?

I highly doubt that if America went that route that things would be settled after just one conflict.  Probably subsequent conflicts afterward as break away regions reformed into something else.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 7:54:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Keep your eye on the ball, and recognize what entity is pushing you to fight who.
Divided we fall.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/198286/IMG_9973_jpeg-3229488.JPG
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 7:56:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Washington D.C.
View Quote

Yep, about 536 right there. Not counting those who have their hands up certain people, controlling them from the shadows.

Link Posted: 6/1/2024 8:06:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
This is what I've always pictured - shit mysteriously blowing up, or burning down, folks waking up with the throats cut, or their car blows up on 'em, that sort of thing.
When shit starts to get bad, it's going to be an insurgency, not open conflict. The sides are too lopsided for that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It’s not going to be a clearly cut “whos side are you on”

It’s gonna be guerrilla warfare and it is going to be a slow roll for a decade or so. It’s not going to flash in a pan, or go to war.  
It’s gonna be random OKC style events and assassinations. I predict it will be similar to the Irish troubles.

That’s my thoughts, not sure it’s going to be true or not
This is what I've always pictured - shit mysteriously blowing up, or burning down, folks waking up with the throats cut, or their car blows up on 'em, that sort of thing.
When shit starts to get bad, it's going to be an insurgency, not open conflict. The sides are too lopsided for that.

This.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 8:17:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Libya had two civil wars after Gaddafi's fall.  I doubt things are still settled yet?

I highly doubt that if America went that route that things would be settled after just one conflict.  Probably subsequent conflicts afterward as break away regions reformed into something else.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Balkanization is the only cure for these Divided States of America. World powers die and according to history, we are due.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 8:21:08 PM EDT
[#29]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think so.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/105442/1000003758_jpg-3229429.JPG

I think we will run out of people before finding guns and ammo is a problem.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 9:04:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

You would be surprised. The Nazi hierarchy was a melting pot of psycho and sociopaths. They learned to get along.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guys like that won't last long.  They'd need a group in order to survive and the problem with a group of psychopaths is most of them are willing to kill their "leader" in order to be in control.

You would be surprised. The Nazi hierarchy was a melting pot of psycho and sociopaths. They learned to get along.

Requires a Dictator with extraordinary charisma and political skills to keep a Regime like that together. Hitler kept control by establishing a close relationship with each member of his inner Circle while simultaneously pitting them against each other (by giving them overlapping power bases that ensured conflict ) so that none of them could get the upper hand and they had to come to him to referee their disputes. Once Hitler died (assuming they won or there was no war), it would have likely fallen apart if Goring wasn’t up to the task….which he probably wasn’t.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 9:09:12 PM EDT
[#31]
And it’ll be white suburban women who will not let a civil war begin

They’ll tell their simps “if you go out and start any trouble I will not give you sex that one time a year on your birthday. If you fuck up my girls night out at el torito, Starbucks coffee lattes or the wine tasting tours with the girls, I will take the kids, leave your ass and go tomy sisters!”

And the simp will go back to the internet and put his flag upside down in an avatar.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 9:24:28 PM EDT
[#32]
If I CW happens, the main threat is going to be people settling scores (and creating new ones.)
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 9:35:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdRmR-jr9rA

A 2nd civil war won't be clean like the first, I think a lot of people are just going to take advantage of the chaos with no particular political ideology and just start killing everyone.
View Quote

The first one wasn’t clean. Read up on the bushwhackers of western NC, Missouri and Kansas. The second will be no different.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 9:35:48 PM EDT
[#34]
It's cool, Ukraine will bail us out.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 9:37:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 9:53:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

...Rural enclaves will either get overrun or turn people away en masse.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sure glad I live in rural America. Cities and surrounding suburbs are going to be real scary. Look how crazy folks went during covid and political riot season.

Hell my non "gun guy" neighbor still has a few pistols, a shotgun, deer rifle and an AR-10 with a healthy food supply for it.

Fk around and find out is gonna have a whole new meaning.

...Rural enclaves will either get overrun or turn people away en masse.

Or kill them. That's always a good option.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 10:04:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Yup.

People ask, “ you are you going to fight ? The gov ? lol, they have tanks !

Some people will fight the military, some will attack whatever gov agents they see mailman to mayor, but many will go after everyday citizens who they believe are responsible for their problems. Purple hair ?  Lgbtq bumper sticker ?  Trump bumper stickers?  POP, POP, POP.  You might be perfectly safe in one area with your political shirt, lgbtq bumper sticker, green hair, feminist t shirt, but murdered instantly in a different area , all depends on the local make up of neighbors.

People using voter rolls to pick and choose targets, stop someone, or look up neighbors , coworkers, etc  pull up their social media likes, posts etc, “ oh you support X,Y,Z ?  Your a registered dem / repub ? You voted for / had a xyz election sign in your yard ? POP, POP, POP.  

Use the chaos to settle scores, burn down their ex wife’s house, snipe their annoying neighbor, boss, ex, dude your wife cheated with and it’s blamed on liberal / conservative death squads.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 10:07:12 PM EDT
[#38]
I wonder if anyone has made friends with likeminded computer geeks, hackers, tech weenies.  I wonder if they've modded an AI to form a database of BLM, Antifa, eco-terrorists, violent commies, traitorous politicians from senators to dog catchers, FaceTwitTikGram-famous ghetto goblins and Kill Whitey's, to include familial links, addresses, and photos for facial recognition.  I wonder if they've integrated with capable, self-sufficient groups that have had enough.

Nah, probably not.  Nobody that just wanted to be left alone would ever do that.  
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 10:07:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Guys like that won't last long.  They'd need a group in order to survive and the problem with a group of psychopaths is most of them are willing to kill their "leader" in order to be in control.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A 2nd civil war won't be clean like the first, I think a lot of people are just going to take advantage of the chaos with no particular political ideology and just start killing everyone.

In Bosnia people quickly Balkanized, your not safe if you stick out / are different. a conservatives not safe in liberal area, purple hair gets you shot in conservative area, democrats encouraged to move out of repub area, basically birds of a feather start flocking together. You either voluntarily move, are forced to move, house burned, etc.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 10:11:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Cities will be dangerous. Rural areas will be different and still dangerous. I believe it will be more anarchy and less civil war. I don't see anyone handing out uniforms for the next one.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 10:24:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Looks like a Total Dumbass movie for Dumbasses!!
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 10:32:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
A civil war over what? Bumper stickers? Gay pride flags? Political signs in people's yards? There is no Mason/Dixon line in American politics today. Most of rural California and New York are conservative, they still show up to vote, knowing that it's hopeless.

Everyone at least gets a say in local politics.

The left has been promoting this narrative, as have Russian propagandists. The only groups coming close to actual street violence has been Antifa and BLM, most of whom are drug addled leftists who can't legally own firearms.

Anyone promoting violence should be arrested. If they aren't citizens, they should be deported. If they are spies, they should be tried and executed if found guilty.

In order for a civil war to take place, there would have to be a well-defined end goal, that end goal does not exist.
View Quote

Wrong, you simply need angry citizens who are mad enough to commit violence against the government, or the people they hate and it’s on..  Bosnia, and other examples , they didn’t have a Declaration of Independence, a plan for better, simply anger.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 10:36:11 PM EDT
[#43]

What about the Postman?

There will be allot of the 8 horsing around.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 10:40:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
If the US breaks up, it will likely be peaceful with some negotiated settlement to allow commerce and traffic between the two (or more) nations which are formed. If it is not peaceful then the war will be fought between organized armies under the authority of state governments.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/1/2024 10:40:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Research the Balkan Wars

Anyone that ever had a beef with anyone else started shooting as soon as the people in charge were too chaotic to stop them

That's what's going to happen here
View Quote

I saw a lot of that first hand in Iraq, 2006.  Saddam was gone, the government was in chaos, and stability that once existed was gone.  The Iraqis had a lot of scores to settle and settle them they did.  Probably Sunni/Shia beefs or old grudges of a personal nature.

I recall one instance above the rest.  We rolled up on this small village outside Baghdad in a 3 vehicle convoy.  We were just doing a small movement between bases with a few guys.  We encountered some kind of skirmish going on.  A small village off the road was being shot at by a couple shooters in high grass on a small hill overlooking it nearby.  We gathered that it a couple shooters from another village or sect settling a score with this village.  The local villagers were lightly armed and on the defensive.  The shooters weren't targeting us even though they had the opportunity.  I saw some Iraqi get chopped up with a good burst from an AK, with at least 2 hits center mass.  He was wearing one of those all-white man dresses, and it got soaked in blood fast.  The shooters bugged out quick, not wanting to get a few belts from our 240s on our Humvees (I was a gunner on one of them).  Some of the villagers loaded the guy into a beat up car, and drove off.  The villagers were pissed since we didn't engage.  Our LT gave us orders not to unless we took fire.  We rolled out shortly after, not winning many hearts and minds.  

Not the best war story I guess, but it shows how things escalate when people feel law and order doesn't exist.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 10:43:25 PM EDT
[#46]
So there are thousands of americans just waiting for chaos to start murdering their foes?

Ready for the ball to drop?

Months into civil chaos for sure.  Once local interactions played out negatively.

Link Posted: 6/1/2024 10:52:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Lots of road blockades and targeted hits. And good luck finding food, medicine and formula.
View Quote

That's why God made boobies.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 11:00:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Not many I don’t believe. The leftists want to demonize conservatives to the point that they can justify killing them, shutting off their money, jobs etc. Because this won’t really work or go over well, they’ll blame them for terror attacks and when the timing is right, pull the plug on the grid, let the cities fall into chaos, say it’s the right wing hitting the grid and other targets, then send their drones and kill squads to go after their enemies. Then they bring back the grid and act as saviors, then we fall into a brutal guerrilla war.

Hopefully the red states have enough sense to see this coming and plan to eject when it comes to that. Then we can put together more organized forces and then, Russia vs Ukraine pt 2, the American version. Except we ain’t fighting in trenches or any of that BS, it will be like the Revolution mixed with Civil War and Vietnam.
View Quote

Good points.

Common comments are “ no one’s fighting, as they are too fat n happy “. Fat n happy can change quickly, if elements want support, more unhappy citizens to take a side it could be via attacks on the grid. Liberals attacking their own grid / city , destroy a power station, put everyone in the dark and spray paint “ fuck libs / democrats “  that gets libs mad at conservatives, rinse repeat and now lots of unhappy people looking to put foot to ass.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 11:01:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

The American Civil War wasn't clean in my state.  At least two of my relatives were murdered by terrorists during the war.  Partisans on both sides practiced murder, rape and torture of "traitorous" civilians.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 11:06:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

In Bosnia people quickly Balkanized, your not safe if you stick out / are different. a conservatives not safe in liberal area, purple hair gets you shot in conservative area, democrats encouraged to move out of repub area, basically birds of a feather start flocking together. You either voluntarily move, are forced to move, house burned, etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I honestly don't think so. Run out of town, maybe. But Conservatives would not murder someone just for hair color.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top