Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 7:16:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
, some double sized cans of baked beans would probably bust up someone's face.
View Quote
This is actually not a bad idea.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 7:17:50 PM EDT
[#2]
The FL shooter was shooting into classrooms through locked doors
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 7:19:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Every teacher should have access to a three cell Maglite for emergencies.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 7:20:12 PM EDT
[#4]

Get er done
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 7:20:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have a lot of stuff available. Though, I am a bit hesitant when it comes to throwing hydrochloric acid or setting off calcium carbide bombs in an already crazy event.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You teach science and you're asking about weapons in your class room?

What kind of science teacher can't whip up some kind of explosive or debilitating device in mere seconds to use against an attacker?

You need more practice.
I have a lot of stuff available. Though, I am a bit hesitant when it comes to throwing hydrochloric acid or setting off calcium carbide bombs in an already crazy event.
Whatever it takes, man, you are defending your kids.

I would understand not chunking blocks of explosive metal at him in a crowded hallway, but a little acid in a beaker goes a long way.

Limited application, but whatever it takes.

Don't you have gas lines into your classroom?  Fucking flamethrower dude!  Point defense and all that, but again, you have to do whatever it takes.

I can't think of a better place to be in a school shooting than the science room.

I got extra credit in high school for making black powder, and then doing a video shooting it in my dad's Hawken.  It's so easy to make.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 7:22:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/40084/everbilt-door-stops-4217644eb-64_1000-473715.JPG

Wedge that under the door as hard as possible with it closed. Put the kids out of view from any of the interior windows if the classroom has them.
View Quote
This, because all these school shooters are huge fucking pussies and they won't be able to push the door. Then I'd find a blunt object and wait by the door for my opportunity to beat the school shooter right into hell.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 7:23:46 PM EDT
[#7]
My father has a folding knife with him in school, and access to all the chemicals he wants. He said his voice would be 18 molar acid.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 7:25:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Become a Chemistry Teacher.

Heisenberg.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 7:34:14 PM EDT
[#9]
I guess attacking the asshole violently and aggressively is pretty much the only way to go if you don't have the option to barricade/flee.
I really like the flagpole pike idea
handle/blade from a paper cutter
pepper spray
are real scissors even allowed anymore?
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 7:39:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Probably, but I won't make it to Valhalla if I'm huddled in a corner. I had a friend who jokingly said that I should have a sword in the class somewhere. I actually thought it wasn't a bad idea and was thinking a Cold Steel gladius would be a good option. It can stab and slice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stab the dude with the knife Im not suppose to be carrying, or atleast try.

Fuck it, youre probably dying if a dude walks in a classroom with a rifle anyways
Probably, but I won't make it to Valhalla if I'm huddled in a corner. I had a friend who jokingly said that I should have a sword in the class somewhere. I actually thought it wasn't a bad idea and was thinking a Cold Steel gladius would be a good option. It can stab and slice.
cavalry saber with some sort of civil war shrine type encased in a glass and wooden box with civil war pictures. Though they'd probably wouldn't allow it. Next option is get a 9ft spear, refinish the handle to make it look as nice as possible, paint the spear head gold, then get a 4x6 flag for it. Boom, spear hiding in plane sight.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 7:43:40 PM EDT
[#11]
OC and a beatin' stick.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 7:44:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Good strategy. The dumb ones wouldn't understand why they are first at the door.

Damn, makes me cringe even joking about it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stack the kids up against the door according to intellect. Stupid kids first and moving up the curve as we go further back.
Good strategy. The dumb ones wouldn't understand why they are first at the door.

Damn, makes me cringe even joking about it.
So I guess hitting him over the head with the small kid is out then?
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 7:45:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Stick his head in a pencil sharpener and give it a couple of turns.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 7:47:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Duck tape, scissors and a broom handle. I could make a spear. Or something like that
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 7:54:40 PM EDT
[#15]
One of those water filled/air charged fire extinguishers, fill it with something besides water.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 7:56:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Few cans of wasp spray couldn't hurt. And you were just trying to take care of that nest that maintenance couldn't find.

If you have the scissors-style damper on your door, they make nylon belts with buckles to hold them closed.  Or make your own. You can also find similar products for inward opening doors.

I have always wanted to try the Tac-Wedge.

A 4' length of hardwood dowel wouldn't get a second glance. Bonus points if you can figure out how to attach a qd blade, point, or weight on the end of it.

Pledge on a tile floor makes it slick as snot. If you're all evacing out the window, or at the end of a hallway, prepare a breakable container with soapy water in it. Of course, you will also be hindering the responders.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 7:56:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Back when I went to high school all  the fire extinguishers were inside glass windowed metal boxes mounted on the walls, outside the classrooms, in the hallway (where the shooter would be).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Grab the fire extinguisher and be prepared to cover him in dust and beat his brains out with the canister.
Back when I went to high school all  the fire extinguishers were inside glass windowed metal boxes mounted on the walls, outside the classrooms, in the hallway (where the shooter would be).
The school system I worked at for 32 years  had an extinguisher in every class room, and none in the halls.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 7:56:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Statistically, the chances are still very low for a school shooter at any given school.

Hiding a gun is a career and freedom ending event if caught, and would be if it was used too. You'd be alive (maybe) but you'd go to jail. The same leftists that made a juicy gun free zone to shoot up would crucify you for messing up the narrative.

If you are really worried about it, find another job.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 8:10:57 PM EDT
[#19]
You need to develop a warning system with your school admins.

As simple as locking the door and waiting for instructions (a code) over the intercom for ANY alarm.  Rather then making the assumption that it is a fire alarm.

For in-between periods when the alarm goes of the students should get to THE NEAREST classroom after which that teacher should close and lock the door when THAT teacher doesn't see anymore students from the viewpoint of that door.  Then wait for instructions over the intercom.

After Columbine my little high school developed a similar system, "code orange" was a possible danger scenario and clear the hallways for authories/EMS.  "Code black" was an active shooter, get to a fuckin classroom now.

For inside the classroom, have a heavy book case near the main door that can be pushed in front of/knocked over for a barricade.  Have any windows already covered to obscure being seen.

Study infantry room breaching tactics and apply those methods from the viewpoint of the shootee (you are after all) to your classroom to decide where the funnel of death is from the door so you already know where to corral your students.  Place another heavy book case between the corral and the funnel of death.  Know that the funnel of death rapidly increases in size the further in the door the attackers gets.

Impervised weapons are up to you, I like the flag pole with pointy ends.  This gives you an obscurent to throw in to the attackers head (flag), a pike with possible 2 stabby ends OR 2 escrema sticks each with a stabby end.  Know that using a close contact weapon will put you in or on the razors edge of the funnel of death.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 8:17:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 8:18:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Machete, tomahawk, rapier, spear or katana.

It just depends on how much room you have.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 8:31:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Red bricks
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 8:33:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Of course. They will last until the end of time.
View Quote
Take a pair home and sharpen them on the bench grinder on BOTH sides like two knives connected by a rivet.

It will blend in well with the teacher supplies in your desk.

Knife in a comb:

https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/611259/cold-steel-honey-comb-dagger-fixed-blade-tactical-knife-35-spear-point-zytel-blade-and-handle-conceals-in-comb-sheath?utm_medium=shopping&utm_source=connexity&utm_campaign=Knives+%26+Tools+-+Tactical+Fixed+Blade+Knives&utm_content=611259&cm_mmc=pf_ci_connexity-_-Knives+%26+Tools+-+Tactical+Fixed+Blade+Knives-_-Cold+Steel-_-611259

Also bear mace hidden in something inconcspicuous like one of those huge green Stanley coffee thermos might be an idea, they have a reach of 30'
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 8:35:31 PM EDT
[#24]
We had an actual lock down last semester. I locked the doors, led my students to a secure room and grabbed an extinguisher on the way.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 8:42:57 PM EDT
[#25]
If you do bring a gun hide it in something innocuous like a first aid kit with a false bottom or something else like that.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 8:48:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Luckily I am the guy who installed all the cameras and have them on my phone.

I fire up Camerastation app and GTFO.

Our classrooms are killing fields. All interior rooms have glass walls and exterior walls are glass with no opening windows. It took out Maintenance dept an hour to break out a damaged window using a sledgehammer. The rooms all open in and have double doors so you can basically push them open even when locked.

I work in the single worst building for active shooter that I have ever seen. The best I can hope for is that the shooter didn't bring enough ammo.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 8:52:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Lol how merica would it be to run a flag pole through a school shooter
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 9:06:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Guillotine style paper cutter.
View Quote
This. I was wondering if the nut holding it on could be lubed up enough to pop off quickly. The handles on the large ones are heavy steel, and a decent edge on one side.

Jar of marbles on the desk. Like you stick pens into. Heavy and glass to throw, marbles (maybe with decorative sand mixed in) for lasting effect.

Flagpole as an improvised pike.

Piles of chairs with feet facing the door.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 9:24:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Science teacher here, unfortunately due to the state of 2A in schools I’ve had to give this a lot of thought. We’ve got a classroom set of scalpels, and the long-neck sinks on each table unscrew and make a pretty mean striking implement. I’ve got a fire extinguisher that I’ll either spray or strike with.

Shame they’re the only things I can protect me and mine with.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 9:33:07 PM EDT
[#30]
If you think being in the chemistry class is your best bet... you poor souls...

My highschool had a shop Class
Metal, wood, automotive...

The amount of weapons in that room....

I'd run a Porter cable 3/4 inch hammer drill through the prick.
I'd take round stock 3/8ths, put it in a drill at an angle, to the grinder, make a razor sharp edge point, shove that in some steel tubing, that had an end cap welded on with a pressure relief valve. They may have 30. But at 100psi and that little spud gun I made to launch glue sticks, put 3/8th round stock through the wall and into the side of a steel dumpster put a hole the size of a quarter in the wall and dumpster.
Then there's belt Sanders. The table saw. Angle grinders. Circular saws. I'd probably zip tie the safety and guard and trigger and just swing it above my head by the cord and heave it shouting catch!
Could also stab em in the eye with a soldering iron...
There was a nail gun, a staple gun... duct tape the safety back bump fire nails and staples.

Christ you could get inventive quick...

I made a mace once. wood handle. Tow chain. We had a foundry. I made a round mold out of sand and poured molten metal in it and dropped the chain in after getting the end link white hot with the oxygen acetylene torch. Almost got expelled for that one

Floor jacks, take the jack handle upside their head...

Oh there were many different ways to effectively combat a school shooter in shop class...
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 9:37:43 PM EDT
[#31]
My little BG380.  I would have it.  No reason not to.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 9:40:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Its weird. I know that having a gun stowed secretly at school is the best option, but that stupid law-abiding part of me is what causes me to hesitate. I have a big enough classroom that I could hide it anywhere, and if I were to get caught with it, the principal is actually great enough that he would tell me to take it home or do a better job at hiding it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP, it absolutely would cost you your job.

And you'd be a national hero and get a new job at a new school that appreciates a hero teacher.
Its weird. I know that having a gun stowed secretly at school is the best option, but that stupid law-abiding part of me is what causes me to hesitate. I have a big enough classroom that I could hide it anywhere, and if I were to get caught with it, the principal is actually great enough that he would tell me to take it home or do a better job at hiding it.
No.  On your person.  Thunderwear or something like that.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 9:43:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Personally, I'd want to close hand to hand with the shooter, especially if he had a rifle. Anything I could swing or throw at him puts me practically in that range anyway and probably won’t make one-shot stops. Maybe OK as a distraction but move in and control the weapon would be my goal.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 9:46:26 PM EDT
[#34]
my nephew said they had the discussion in class and the female teacher told him, she was going to hide and they have to fend for themselves......... fucking cunt.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 9:47:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stab the dude with the knife Im not suppose to be carrying, or atleast try.

Fuck it, youre probably dying if a dude walks in a classroom with a rifle anyways
Keep one of these in the classroom, with a wingnut fastener for quick removal of the blade.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 9:49:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Sock full of quarters?
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 9:53:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Jar of marbles on the desk. Like you stick pens into. Heavy and glass to throw, marbles (maybe with decorative sand mixed in) for lasting effect.
View Quote
What about filling it with the stuff that's in the poppers (the little firecrackers you throw down and snap) with some nasty stuff to have on the skin?

Fire extinguisher, ambush and point weapon away (like poster said above with (OPFOR) and make him lose a lot of blood. Melee weapons, striking weapons, and surprise would be hugely important.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 9:54:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Guillotine style paper cutter.
View Quote
The Faculty (5/11) Movie CLIP - Eye Sore (1998) HD
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 10:01:15 PM EDT
[#39]

+

Link Posted: 3/6/2018 10:02:43 PM EDT
[#40]
This

A Staff or other pointy stick has been a weapon for ages.

Things can be tools.
Tools can be weapons.
Things are weapons and other people would not consider them as that.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 10:12:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Gas Mask
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OC spray and LOTS of it
Fogg out the hallway, lock and barricade the door, push kids out the window, fog the room and haul ass.
My wife is a teacher, this is the plan I concocted for her.
I gave her several LE cans of OC fog spray
It’s hard to aim with pepper in your eyes and windpipe
Gas Mask
Gas masks clog when people spray fire extinguishers at them.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 10:14:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Stack up on the door, get a few bigger students to stack up on both sides with me. Then ambush and tackle the shooter when he came in.
View Quote
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/What_can_people_do_in_a_situation_like_CT_/5-1402585/?

LAST RESORT ACTIVE SHOOTER SURVIVAL MEASURES from ACT Cert (Run, Hide, FIGHT/ Avoid, Deny, DEFEND)
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 10:15:12 PM EDT
[#43]
usually the killers have been students, I feel i were a teacher wait till he enters the room and over power him. Its not like they are f$&@ing operators breaching a building. I don’t think any of the teachers or students for that matter didn’t fight back but let them selves get shot from fear.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 10:17:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
Leave a x of nitrogen triiodide just inside the door lmao
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 10:19:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Wasp spray and a cigarette lighter. Nothing takes the fight out of a motherfucker quite like being set on fire.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 10:25:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Christmas ornament filled with something liquid from the ends of the pH spectrum and sealed securely.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 10:26:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Bucket of gas above the door and a match head taped to the door and a strike surface taped to the frame.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 10:27:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

This. Simple and already in place, it also at least gives you a tiny amount of reach before you engage.
View Quote
It's a two extinguisher job, expel the contents of extinguisher 1, then while they are stunned beat them to death with the second....BOOM
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 10:31:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Fire extinguisher. If the shooter tried to enter the room, hose his/her/whatever gender they ID as face with it till it's empty then beat them to death with the canister.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top