Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 3:18:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Minimum of 640 acres somewhere with rolling terrain so I could build a real race track
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 3:19:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I would have my KIA Soul painted metallic candy apple red.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 3:23:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I would immediately start looking for a really nice used custom sportfishing boat and call some captains and mates that I know and start looking for a good crew.  I’d then set up meetings with the top NC boat builders, see which one I like best and then drop a deposit check to get on their waiting list.

After that I’d buy a slip at pirates cove at oregon inlet NC and start fishing as much as possible (the boat would travel to the DR or Mexico in the winter months) and working on building a tournament team.

I’d also get a Netjets membership so I could get around to place to place.  I’d probably also ending up buying condos or houses in different fishing hotspots around the world and maybe a lodge or ranch out west somewhere.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 3:28:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A Cobra kit car from that South African place that makes perfect/better than perfect repros...then build an appropriate garage/shop to build it in, and all the tools and equipment needed to do so. I think the only thing I'd really want to shop out on the car would be the paint...the rest of it, I'd be happy to learn the hard way
View Quote

Yes, but get two so when you fuck up the first one....
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 3:30:52 PM EDT
[#5]
A Phenom 300. Duh..
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 3:32:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Get me a panhard armored amphibious car for my trips to the city.  ( I’d also some full auto weapons, buy a BTR-60, Sherman tank, and if I had real money, I’d source a tiger I, tiger II and a Jadgtiger and do full restoration on them.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/5/2021 3:37:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Btr-80a customized inside for RV style comfort. Several thousand acres of mixed woodlands in a Midwest state. Build a bunker several stories deep. Build a shitty junk yard/trailer park on top of it and offer rent cheap to fill it with tweekers. Pretend to live in a trailer there, but the trailer really hides the secret entrance to the bunker. The bunker vehicle entrance is concealed in the garage bay of the rental office building.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 3:37:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
A Phenom 300. Duh..
View Quote

I know a few guys who are billionaires.  And I asked them how they reacted when they hit it.  Both pretty much didn't do much of what is on this thread.  One bought a new house on 17 mile drive Pebble Beach area.  And a part ownership of a spiritual retreat in Utah (I think that was for his wife).  

Myself, I don't buy anything.  With that much dosh you RENT everything.  I would travel a bit at first and would RENT  a Gulfstream 800 kitted out with legs so I could go anywhere.  Hire a crew with sober pilots and attentive flight attendants.  And hire a "man Friday" that basically does everything for me so I am free to ignore phones and people.

After a year of decadence that might set all time records buy a residence or two and start donating to worthy causes and try to impact the future of the world that way.  

As to things like cars and the like sure I'd have a few but not important.  Experiences are what matter cause life is short.

Link Posted: 12/5/2021 3:43:04 PM EDT
[#9]
As an unrepentant boomer, I would buy my surviving buddies from my teen years a copy of their first car, then we'd all cruise around sneaking a beer or a joint and looking for those cute cute 70s girls who are long gone...............
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 3:44:12 PM EDT
[#10]
A big ass sailboat and crew.  Let's see my deadbeat friends and relatives find me in the Caribbean.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 3:46:50 PM EDT
[#11]
My main goal with lotto millions would be privacy.

buy a huge chunk of land, say 5000 acres at minimum with access to river or lake  put a off grid capable house in the center, sitting on top of a nice milspec bunker complex complete with under ground parking complex. Fully outfitted and stocked for the apocalypse. Turn the property into a play ground with milspec pop up target ranges, HUGE class III gun collection, dozen Thompson’s, dozen grease guns, dozen mp40s, a dozen mp5s, a dozen m16s, a half dozen m60 mgs and 1/2 dozen m2 50 cals for my mil vehicles, as well as a fully operational quad 50, along with with a dozen or so armored vehicles, and other mil / tracked vehicles, with a combat course where I’d battle tanks against each other with paint shells, large  a atv trail system, PT boat for boating , great hunting, etc. make myself some good friends with ex spec ops dudes, sponsor some charities, have big cookouts, and enjoy life.  
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 3:49:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Billboards along the highway with my friends phone numbers on them.

I would also build a castle, hire the S.C.A. to inhabit the castle.  Then when I got board, I would lay siege to the castle, knock it down, then have it rebuild and start over.
View Quote

sca?

eeeeu. Their history with MZB puts me off them more than their general weirdness.

Hire a group of hardcore hema nerds!

-----

MY first splurge buy?

Flamethrower. To greet all the family, friends, and taxmen who would crawl out of the woodwork.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 3:51:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
PC-12 or TBM 850
View Quote

MONICA!!!
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 3:52:04 PM EDT
[#14]
100 acres in north Florida
AND
100 acres in East Texas
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 3:52:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Private island in the Bahamas.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 3:53:51 PM EDT
[#16]
A completely restored '30s or '40s Ford pickup with a flathead V8.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 3:54:21 PM EDT
[#17]
FullAuto MP5, followed by two chicks at the same time.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 3:54:31 PM EDT
[#18]
A McClaren. The dealership is right down the road from me.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 3:54:40 PM EDT
[#19]
An island just outside of US territorial waters so I can make my own laws, machineguns and whatever the hell else I want to do on it without fear of being raided or some busy body HOA momma complaining my grass is too high.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 3:57:03 PM EDT
[#20]
I'd get my dogs cloned.  I love them so much but they are getting old, so I have to win soon which also means I will have to start playing the lottery.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 3:59:31 PM EDT
[#21]
I'd start with making an offer on this site.

After that, a membership only range for the life members.

Then I'd go to work making a replica of Nürburgring Nordschleife, stateside of course.

After that, Mrs. M4ger and I could be on a real estate hunt on a little larger scale than we've currently been on.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 3:59:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted: I’d then set up meetings with the top NC boat builders, see which one I like best and then drop a deposit check to get on their waiting list.

View Quote

Winter Custom, Bayliss, or Jarrett Bay. I posted a picture of a Viking 92 earlier, but there's nothing sexier than a Carolina flare.

@Bunn19
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 4:00:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Emily Ratajkowski
View Quote
need moar steph chung.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 4:00:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
An island just outside of US territorial waters so I can make my own laws, machineguns and whatever the hell else I want to do on it without fear of being raided or some busy body HOA momma complaining my grass is too high.
View Quote

This absolutely. I’d want it for a vacation property / bug out location.

1. International waters, or attached to a country my money could buy gov protection.  

2. Stock it, total off grid

3. Heavy weapons and milspec bunker complex

4. Sweet decommissioned / armed navy boat of some kind, maybe buy something from Russia, etc. a lightly armored patrol boat kitted out with heavy weapons.

Obviously we’re talking BIG lotto win, like hundreds of millions after taxes. But I’d do a version of this even if all I had was 5 million. ( large piece of land in USA, off grid house and bunker, gun collection, armored vehicles, hunting, and a sweet bug out location / island somewhere outside the USA.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 4:00:59 PM EDT
[#25]
A pizza with the works, to be delivered.

Then, maybe a miniature golf course and a stupid hot Italian sports car.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 4:02:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 4:02:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
FullAuto MP5, followed by two chicks at the same time.
View Quote
three chicks at the the same time whilst dual wielding full auto suppressed MP5s.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 4:04:03 PM EDT
[#28]
An AW109 helicopter decked out like the machine in Body of Lies. And probably a UH-1 Huey, Bell 407, and of course an MD530F to hunt hogs.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 4:04:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 4:05:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Nothing too fanciful.

I would buy a Ford Raptor, with a 6.2l supercharged engine.

I would also upgrade my FFL with a SOT.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 4:14:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
If we're talking serious money, the very first thing I'd buy would be a lawyer. Second thing? An accountant.
View Quote

I think you missed the "stupid but fun" part of the question.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 4:15:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I rarely play, but if I did play and win I'd use the proceeds to move the hell out of IL asap.

View Quote

Illinois? Good luck collecting. My brother told me they're still giving lottery winners IOUs...but the free shit army damn sure gets their money!
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 4:17:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I'd buy that $90k drone GD was talking about a few weeks back. You know...the one you strap into.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/467079/technode_com-the-future-of-autonomous-ai-2193217.JPG
View Quote

If it's manned it's not a drone.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 4:51:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Stupid but fun?    04 Volvo C70 convertible.  White.  There's one for sale three hours from me, and I could certainly afford it even without the lottery, but I'm out of town the next few weekends already so don't want to make the drive for something like that.  Not having a job would significantly increase my free time though.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 5:01:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
New-to-me pickup...
View Quote

Yup. F250: with Godzilla motor.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 5:06:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Four asian hookers and a case of whiskey. Why four asian hookers? One to ride the dick, one to ride my face, and one to ride each magic thumb!
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 5:07:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Four asian hookers and a case of whiskey. Why four asian hookers? One to ride the dick, one to ride my face, and one to ride each magic thumb!
View Quote
sounds exhausting.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 5:08:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 5:16:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Daher TBM940

Link Posted: 12/5/2021 5:17:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Drinks with little umbrellas in them on a beach that no one knows who I am.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 5:26:38 PM EDT
[#41]
I would buy up all my neighbors acreage until i had 500-1,000 acres.  
Quigley Van
Bluewater sailboat
GTR
Another built STI to beat on
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 5:28:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 5:34:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Nearby land and a great shooting range setup would be purchase #1.
View Quote

Yeah this would be me as well. Someone far away from a lot of people. Starlink and solar really allow one to be way the fuck out now.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 5:37:35 PM EDT
[#45]
MR-73 Gendarmerie.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 5:39:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

If it's manned it's not a drone.
View Quote

There's one in every crowd.

People understand that more than quadcopter.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 5:40:56 PM EDT
[#47]
A weekend with some select movie stars.

A midget to randomly kick my lil bro in the nuts until he grows up.

A small mansion for my parents

The hughes amendment, wonder what itd cost to make it disappear?

Lake City, CO.  The whole damn town.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 5:41:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Some brand new high end  HAM radios to replace my older and discontinued radios.
And a nice big antenna...and  the amp and tuner to go to 1500 watts PEP.

Link Posted: 12/5/2021 5:41:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Lol!
Nah, I saw it but I couldn't think of anything stupid to buy. The most expensive bottle of champagne down at the liquor store? Not stupid. A Cohiba Esplendido and a bottle of Macallen Decanter Series M Highland Single Malt? Still not stupid. Pricy, but not stupid.

And most of the other posters in this thread mentioned stuff that, while pricy, ain't stupid .

It's a hard question to answer!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think you missed the "stupid but fun" part of the question.
Lol!
Nah, I saw it but I couldn't think of anything stupid to buy. The most expensive bottle of champagne down at the liquor store? Not stupid. A Cohiba Esplendido and a bottle of Macallen Decanter Series M Highland Single Malt? Still not stupid. Pricy, but not stupid.

And most of the other posters in this thread mentioned stuff that, while pricy, ain't stupid .

It's a hard question to answer!

Then you need more (expensive) hobbies.

My earlier answer indicated that I would likely be ordering Jeep parts and upgrades, but if we are talking about a huge lottery jackpot, I wouldn't be surprised if I eventually found myself looking for a T-34 fuselage and an E55 that was out of annual with timed out engines (lost logbooks would be a bonus, since that would save me even more money).  Then I'd be setting up a shop hangar to remove the wings, tail surfaces, and nose from the E55 and put them on the T-34 fuselage, along with IO-550 engines, Colemill's nosebowls (the ones that were installed on the Foxstars that got the four blade props), Hartzel three blade scimitar props (the model STC'd for the 58), and Colemill winglets.  I'd have to think about whether or not to add the long range tanks.

Fuselage from this
Attachment Attached File

with other parts from this (but newer design 3 blade props)
Attachment Attached File

It would be fun, both doing the build and flying it (though I would need somebody with a license sitting in the back seat), but stupid from a practical view.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 5:54:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

There's one in every crowd.

People understand that more than quadcopter.
View Quote

Doesn't it having 8 props make it an octocopter?
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top