Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 8:28:39 PM EDT
[#1]
This building in Wallace, ID.

I'd live in the top of it, and my Used Book Store/Coffee Shop and Boutique would be underneath.  

Link Posted: 12/5/2021 8:31:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Just spend a week or so paying off all my bills. Then spring for a catered lunch for my co workers. Then some serious home remodeling including a brand new kitchen for my wife. I'd have to think about it after that.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 8:32:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 8:33:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Then I'd go to work making a replica of Nürburgring Nordschleife, stateside of course.
View Quote

I like this idea...but there's already a Nürburgring.  Let's make an exceptional American track the envy of the world, and uniquely ours...not a copy of somebody else's classic.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 8:42:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd buy one of the properties around here with an empty warehouse on it... and then I'd fill it with snakes.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 8:43:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I like this idea...but there's already a Nrburgring.  Let's make an exceptional American track the envy of the world, and uniquely ours...not a copy of somebody else's classic.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Then I'd go to work making a replica of Nrburgring Nordschleife, stateside of course.

I like this idea...but there's already a Nrburgring.  Let's make an exceptional American track the envy of the world, and uniquely ours...not a copy of somebody else's classic.
Build away!
https://www.carthrottle.com/post/the-greatest-race-track-corners-in-the-world-as-chosen-by-you/
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 8:44:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Fully restored, but modern conveniences, 1972 Ford Bronco.
View Quote

I'm pleased to see someone else choose this.  An LS-powered early Bronco with modern contrivances would be my DD of choice, but without looking like a show car.  Decent paint, 2" suspension lift, discs, PS and A/C.
Something that always starts, stays running, warm in the winter and I can take the top off.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 8:46:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
A Sherman tank with a functional gun(they are out there…class 3) and a lot of land to blow things up.
View Quote

The main gun is not that difficult.  It's just regged as a destructive device, $200.00 tax stamp.
Now, feeding it will be the challenge.

The secondary guns will take a bit more work, but nothing money can't solve.

The real cost will be in getting all the other stuff normally carried in and on a M4.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 8:47:09 PM EDT
[#9]
The biggest yacht I can afford
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 8:48:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Brand new snowmobiles, trailer and a rig to haul them. Then just chase the snow and ride until I was bored of it.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:00:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Hire the best violinists/cellists/bassists/pianists to come play music for me in a quartet in my living room while I surf my newly acquired Arfcom after brining back all the good banned members.

Get land and huge pole barns with all the cat construction equipment to play in the dirt in along with mechanics to maintain them. Tons of military surplus vehicles too.

Build multiple shooting ranges on land and also acquire a shitton of FA.

Have professional farmers/chefs on staff to make everything from scratch.

Buy some MB&F watches.

Legacy Machine Thunderdome - the world's fastest triple-axis regulating mechanism!

Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:01:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Land, lots of land for hunting.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:08:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

@Alacrity the girl or the vehicle in that last photo?

No Dakar rally truck?
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e4/c0/8a/e4c08a8352a760029b69b27d66b47f01.jpg

I'd daily the Dakar 959.

https://images.hgmsites.net/hug/porsche_100656976_h.jpg
View All Quotes

I cant Co a T4. Im no mech and no way can pilot.

Drivers Madalana Antas, the first pic would be suitable to hack along with - all I'd hope for.  I'd love Emma Gilmour or Jacek Czachor (we drink the same beer) but Gilmore's too viable and Jacek ain't done with bikes yet so doubt either could be tempted. Antas can, she wouldn't overskill me (possibly) and she's lacked a ride long enough shed put up with me to roll. I've barely thought about this daily

If you win and pilot the 959, I'd be down as Co. I can provide references that prove I don't say shit about slim driving and rarely shit myself.

@crownvic96

Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:14:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
For the OP’s question and sprinkling in a bit of Austrian’s wisdom, I made up my mind quite a while ago.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/221980/598278AA-F743-49A8-B443-D9BB41586C0E_jpe-2193087.JPG
View Quote

That's what I'm getting, too. That and a container trailer-sized ammo can.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:16:41 PM EDT
[#15]

A "Windmill". I've done pretty much everything you can do on many of those back in the day, print, score, perf, crash number, hot foil emboss and die cut. A little money maker back in the day. Sweet!

Still have all my fingers too.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:17:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

There's one in every crowd.

People understand that more than quadcopter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it's manned it's not a drone.

There's one in every crowd.

People understand that more than quadcopter.

Just being a smartass. I didn't say it didn't look like fun.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:17:23 PM EDT
[#17]

A "Windmill". I've done pretty much everything you can do on many of those back in the day, print, score, perf, crash number, hot foil stamp/emboss and die cut. A little money maker back in the day. Sweet!

Still have all my fingers too.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:17:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Drivers Madalana Antas, the first pic would be suitable to hack along with - all I'd hope for.  I'd love Emma Gilmour or Jacek Czachor (we drink the same beer) but Gilmore's too viable and Jacek ain't done with bikes yet so doubt either could be tempted. Antas can, she wouldn't overskill me (possibly) and she's lacked a ride long enough shed put up with me to roll. I've barely thought about this daily

If you win and pilot the 959, I'd be down as Co. I can provide references that prove I don't say shit about slim driving and rarely shit myself.

@crownvic96

View All Quotes
Quoted:

@crownvic96

Ok you'll be in charge of the chase helicopter and i'll give you the gun Billy Zane used in sniper to protect me from bandits.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:19:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'd buy one of the properties around here with an empty warehouse on it... and then I'd fill it with snakes.
View Quote

Can I visit?
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:22:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Guided WW2 battlefield tour throughout Europe, group size of 2.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:26:10 PM EDT
[#21]
I tell everyone the same thing. If I come into money, I'm buying an ACR Viper first thing. Whatever the last year was.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:30:57 PM EDT
[#22]
MD530F
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:35:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
A 2000 era NSX  and the rest into MVIS.
View Quote

the only thing MVIS is good for is losing money
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:41:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Houses for my friends and family!
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:45:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Actual gold plated BMW 7-Series. The ultimate douche-mobile.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:47:02 PM EDT
[#26]

Holy shit! That is awesome!
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:48:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I like this idea...but there's already a Nürburgring.  Let's make an exceptional American track the envy of the world, and uniquely ours...not a copy of somebody else's classic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Then I'd go to work making a replica of Nürburgring Nordschleife, stateside of course.

You know you're exactly right.

May I subscribe to your newsletter?
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:49:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Stupid but fun?

Link Posted: 12/5/2021 10:04:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Laugo Alien and an M249 SAW.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 10:34:35 PM EDT
[#30]
I'd hire one of the guys I served with (Retired SOAR little bird pilot) to teach me to fly my new MD-500.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 10:39:16 PM EDT
[#31]
I would buy the houses on both sides of my boss’s, even if I had to offer twice what they’re worth, then turn into section 8 rentals.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 10:46:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Probably a Superperformance GT40.  Or a Cobra.  Or both.  Wimbleton white with guardsmen blue stripes.  

And a Honda Africa Twin.  

Oh, and a houseboat.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 10:48:56 PM EDT
[#33]
One of them airplanes you don't need a pilot license to fly
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 10:53:07 PM EDT
[#34]
The first tract of land from neighbor #1.  It would be fun as hell to start with a reasonable, fair offer and then just start doubling at each "nah".  I'd then go to each subsequent land owner and pay stupid prices until I land locked myself with several thousand acres (or 1/4 of my money was spent).  Then buy two sets of excavating equipment - one for me to tear up and one for a professional to operate.

After that would be easy - start building a modest 500k$ house and start high fencing the entire place with electric offsets and strategic areas for varmints/predators to come and go as they please.

Link Posted: 12/5/2021 10:59:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Arfcom. Then fire all the moderators and sit back and watch what happens next.
"It's like giving a handgun to a 6 year old, Wade."
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 11:04:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Enjoy the temporary contentment.

And then make some kind of plan that continues that.

Link Posted: 12/5/2021 11:05:29 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm going to the Ford house and buying the toppest of line F350 cash money, every available option including retractable antenna
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 11:06:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I would buy the houses on both sides of my boss’s, even if I had to offer twice what they’re worth, then turn into section 8 rentals.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 11:30:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Can I visit?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can I visit?

Sure.  I'll need help cleaning tubs after all.

Link Posted: 12/5/2021 11:37:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Rent Laguna Seca for 3 days and invite all my friends for free track days and bbq.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 11:42:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can I visit?

By "cleaning tubs", do you mean a. Transferring the snakes to a temporary enclosure, cleaning the primary and putting the snake back or b. I hold the snake while you climb into the cage and clean? Because the last person I helped "clean" the snake cage meant b-and she had a 13 foot Burmese.

I'm fine with either, especially with a second skilled handler around, but want to know what I'm committing to.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 11:46:27 PM EDT
[#42]
A boat.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 11:52:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Anyone else seen Beyond The Reach? The 6X6 Mercedes truck Michael Douglas drives?

Is that available in the US? Because now that the newest H1 Hummer is about 15 years old that might be cool to drive for the sake of being obnoxious.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 12:48:28 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
By "cleaning tubs", do you mean a. Transferring the snakes to a temporary enclosure, cleaning the primary and putting the snake back or b. I hold the snake while you climb into the cage and clean? Because the last person I helped "clean" the snake cage meant b-and she had a 13 foot Burmese.

I'm fine with either, especially with a second skilled handler around, but want to know what I'm committing to.
View Quote

Ha!  With the big ones it just means letting them cruise around and make sure they stay out of trouble, unless they poo-casso'ed themselves, in which case you get to give them a bath.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 1:41:11 AM EDT
[#45]
Porsche. Probaby.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 2:44:55 AM EDT
[#46]
VERY first thing after the tax man is off my back... ALL bills get paid.

Present rent gets paid forward for a year, ditto utilities.

Buy 8-10 acres somewhere around, off the mains but not in the back of beyond. Prepay property taxes on the piece 20 years forward.

1600 ft^2 prefab house kit.

Two mid-'70s ford f100s, and parts to match. No blasted fancydan electronics, but beefed up, new everything.
And a garage to put it in.

Some fine Amish carpenters to build me their great furniture for the place. My granddad made the  local Amish guys rich that way, good heavy actual WOOD furniture.

Rest of the money gets divided into 12 1 year CDs, set up to where every month one would mature. Go into the bank, draw off the interest, and ram it back into untaxable CDhood for another year.

Other small things, of course... attached underground cold room, water wheel for power, go to MTARS and offer each one $1000 for their membership, then tear their charter to pieces and piss on the pieces.

These are not sophisticated, shiny, new things, clearly. I apologize for lack of appropriate vivid imagination. What I have left is a more, to my mind, practical imagination.

Link Posted: 12/6/2021 2:46:22 AM EDT
[#47]
A small city not in fucking komifonia.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 3:25:22 AM EDT
[#48]
A few thousand acres then build a huge single story house with elevators.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 3:42:09 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Two chicks at the same time.
View Quote

I was gonna say a trip to Fiji, but compounding that with two hotties in my Hilton hut would be gooder.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 3:44:07 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/3391/P100_1120x630_png-2193074.JPG
Embraer Phenom 100EV
Only around 5.5 million
View Quote

Max range on that little darling?
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top