Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/4/2009 3:55:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Hell I can get them on post oconus

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/4/2009 3:58:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Perhaps when you leave US jurisdiction, you are no longer a person subject to the jurisdiction of the US for that time, despite being a US citizen and intending to return to said jurisdiction?

Nope.  Some laws apply to you no matter where you are.  treason laws, for example.  Or classified information disclosure laws.
Link Posted: 12/4/2009 4:02:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Besides, the quality of Cuban cigars has been eclipsed by other countries years ago.  In fact, when Castro was taking over, the fleeing cigar makers took a shitload of seeds with them.  That is why you see some of the same cigar names inside and outside Cuba.  The cultivation, curing and manufacture of quality cigars outside of Cuba is now every bit as good as the "original".  The premium price you pay is because you can't have them.

What I noticed was with Cuban cigars was the tobaco tasted better, but the roll quality just wasn't as good as non-Cuban.
Link Posted: 12/4/2009 4:04:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Perhaps when you leave US jurisdiction, you are no longer a person subject to the jurisdiction of the US for that time, despite being a US citizen and intending to return to said jurisdiction?

If you have sex with children outside the U.S., you can be charged in the U.S.  I don't know if they'll send the marshalls after you, but extradition treaties can be a bitch.
Link Posted: 12/4/2009 4:16:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:
WTF? http://www.treasury.gov/offices/enforcement/ofac/programs/legacy/ccigar2.pdf

. The
Regulations prohibit persons subject to the jurisdiction of
the United States from purchasing, transporting, importing,
or otherwise dealing in or engaging in any transactions
with respect to any merchandise outside the United States
if such merchandise (1) is of Cuban origin...

How exactly does the Treasury Dept plan on enforcing its law outside the US? Maybe they can reassign some of the extra special Secret Service agents from last weeks fiasco to hunt down the ultimate threat to America: Americans smoking Cuban cigars in foreign countries.

I'm going to Cuba in two weeks...I can't smoke a cigar when I'm there?  

Right.

The embargo is stupid.

You need to be re-educated:

Smoking Cuban cigar = illegal

Illegal Immigrants getting free healthcare in the U.S. = legal

Get with the program!
Link Posted: 12/4/2009 4:26:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you have sex with children outside the U.S., you can be charged in the U.S.  I don't know if they'll send the marshalls after you, but extradition treaties can be a bitch.

Most, "most," countries are really do not like pedophiles and the disrespect it brings, etc.  They will go after them if there is evidence.
Link Posted: 12/4/2009 4:34:23 AM EDT
[#7]
uh oh
Link Posted: 12/4/2009 4:46:26 AM EDT
[#8]
There is a cigar lounge here in Indy that has pre-embargo Cubans.  I'd love to try one but I could never afford it.  
Link Posted: 12/4/2009 4:47:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Hell I can get them on post oconus

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

If I had to guess, I suspect this is exactly what the .gov is trying to crack down on.
Link Posted: 12/4/2009 6:12:15 AM EDT
[#10]
This illustrates the difference between a subject and a citizen.
Link Posted: 12/4/2009 6:37:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Read US Criminal Code "The Lacey Act", they can arrest you and send you to Federal pound-you-in-the-azz prison just for being alive.

Remember kids, feds are NOT your friends.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top