BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 10:19:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Streamwood is not Chicago, don't worry we have idiot legislators all over the state.
View Quote
To a downstater, it is chcago. It is crook county.
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 10:37:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Many years ago, at a past job, I was spending my lunch break trying to adapt a submachinegun magazine for use in a pistol caliber AR that I had put together.

One of the sons of the company owner happened to walk through the shop, noticed that I was working on something, and came over to ask what I was doing.  I explained what I was doing, and why.  He then said "lotta good that'll do ya, when you're in prison for making machineguns" and walked off.

My brain was having a bit of trouble following that logic, so I walked over to the metal shop, to ask the guys there (they had worked there for decades) for clarification.  I explained what happened and what was said, then asked if the guy believed that putting a submachinegun magazine in a semi-auto rifle converted it to full-auto.  They laughed and said that is exactly what the guy thought.

Now, this was the son of the owner of the company.  His father could have easily afforded to send him to college (one of his brothers is a lawyer, the other has a master's degree), but he chose not to go.  He could have easily used company resources to get multiple certifications to work in the field, but he claimed (I heard him state this, a few times) that the certification tests were written too far below his intellect for him to follow them.  The guy had no problem at all with telling people that he had just met, how smart he was.  He was old enough to have a grandson and had never been able to hold a job at any place other than companies his father owned.

Everybody that had worked at the company for any length of time, believed that the guy was borderline retarded or worse.

The sad thing is how many of the customers believed him, when he told them how smart he was.
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 11:04:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
My local congresswoman ... recently proposed ... in her own words, "ban high-capacity ammunition."
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
My local congresswoman ... recently proposed ... in her own words, "ban high-capacity ammunition."
Apparently, FlatDarkEarf doesn't remember the cop-killer, Black Rhino ammunition hoax of 1994. The fact that there was no such thing as Black Rhino ammunition, didn't stop the requisite number of Illinois legislators from banning it.

Quoted:
May be they will repeal the law of gravity?
SR0046

SENATE RESOLUTION

WHEREAS, Clyde Tombaugh, discoverer of the planet Pluto, was born on a farm near the Illinois community of Streator; and

WHEREAS ... WHEREAS, Dr. Tombaugh first detected the presence of Pluto in 1930; and

WHEREAS, Dr. Tombaugh is so far the only Illinoisan and only American to ever discover a planet; and

WHEREAS ... WHEREAS ... WHEREAS ... WHEREAS ... WHEREAS, Pluto was unfairly downgraded to a "dwarf" planet in a vote in which only 4 percent of the International Astronomical Union's 10,000 scientists participated; and

WHEREAS, Many respected astronomers believe Pluto's full planetary status should be restored; therefore, be it

RESOLVED, BY THE SENATE OF THE NINETY-SIXTH GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF THE STATE OF ILLINOIS, that as Pluto passes overhead through Illinois' night skies, that it be reestablished with full planetary status, and that March 13, 2009 be declared "Pluto Day" in the State of Illinois in honor of the date its discovery was announced in 1930.
-
Lew: Pluto never passes over Illinois
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top