Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 66
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 10:02:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

When I refer to Putin supporters and those who share his perspective, I am specifically referring to those who support Putin and those who share his perspective.

It’s not a simplification.  It’s specific.

Do you deny that they exist?
View Quote

Nope. I saw a couple of posts that do indeed fit that description.

However, that’s not where the overwhelming majority of people who no longer support financial or lethal aid to Ukraine are coming from. There is VERY little love of Putin or tyranny on this forum.

That’s my point though. You appear to be trying to smash the putin peg into the square hole of many people who have good reason to disagree with you on the subject of Ukraine. This, to be honest, compulsive insistence that anyone who disagrees is either an unwitting consumer or outright spreader of Kremlin propaganda is so far off the mark, just so completely inaccurate, that I can’t figure out why you continue to pursue it.  If the goal is to persuade, it’s failing miserably. Is it not the goal?
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 10:04:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

How many threads have you started to complain about Entitlement spending?
View Quote

A few. Spending on Ukraine is entitlement spending

Link Posted: 9/21/2023 11:44:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 1:28:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Exactly.  You acknowledge that those posters to whom I refer are as I say. I’m not referring to them.  I’m referring to those who willingly and knowingly post Russian talking points.  The people you just acknowledged exist.  

Nothing you just posted is accurate or honest.  

I could not have been more specific in what I said, and you are dishonestly misinterpreting it to further your agenda (whatever that may be).

I will not characterize your motives, because I cannot fathom what would drive such behavior.
View Quote

You're intentionally distorting both what I wrote and reality, ironically enough to further your agenda.    I wrote that I had seen a couple of those types of pro-Putin posts, yes.  But as tantalizing as that "admission" apparently was to you in your quest for some sort of sad gotcha, what I've also witnessed are dozens if not hundreds of overtly genocidal and bizarre posts from pro-Ukraine fanatics who wished to eliminate every human being from Russia.  Posters who have advocated for the murder of women and children for nothing other than being Russian.  Just... salivating at the idea of it.  That's happened too.  A lot.  

Do I believe that all people who support Ukraine secretly harbor murderous, evil beliefs?  Nope, not even close.  My best friend and I disagree very deeply about Ukraine.  He's the coolest and most amazing person I've ever met, yet we fundamentally disagree on that subject.  I don't need to invent an explanation of dark, unseen forces political or otherwise for why he feels the way he does.  Nor does he feel the need to demonize or diminish me for my difference of opinion.    

Every mental illness, incoherent distortion of reality, and pathological viewpoint has been and will be on display here.  It's the internet, dude.  A gun forum.  You know this.

As for being bewildered by my motives, I believe you.  We're definitely quite different and I'm guessing both of us are grateful for that.

Link Posted: 9/22/2023 1:31:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Truth.  We’re getting dicked by UKR, and the US public is getting the clue.
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 1:35:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

No comment
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 1:46:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

No comment
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No comment

Then why post?
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 2:05:09 AM EDT
[#8]
If UKR falls or has the appearance of falling and there is no meaningful application of decisive force, the full RUS PRC agenda will unfold.

It will green light PRC expansion, including direct expansion and as a minimum neo feudal regional hegemony over all SE Asia whilst RUS attempts to recreate the former USSR in bite sized pieces.
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 3:30:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

No comment
View Quote

“We” as in the Russian army, yes

Link Posted: 9/22/2023 3:31:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

So you’d support it, right?

Most of the spending stays here too since it’s replacing weapons.
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 10:24:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
BTW: I'm looking all over GD for the usual suspects to howl about the $5 Billion we sent to Iran for the hostages, how that's destroying the US budget, how we're funding the Iranian retirement, there's probably Iranians dancing in beachclubs, etc. Seems like those threads aren't turning up during a search. Strange.
View Quote
Hmm, First off, that 6 billion was Iranian money to begin with.

Not really a good counter argument there.
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 11:06:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 11:10:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

So you’d support it, right?

Most of the spending stays here too since it’s replacing weapons.
View Quote

No, I don’t support money for entitlement spending in Ukraine. They should work to pay for their own war instead of partying on Odessa beaches.
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 11:29:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

No, I don’t support money for entitlement spending in Ukraine. They should work to pay for their own war instead of partying on Odessa beaches.
View Quote

But you are in favor of money for weapons in Ukraine, right? You wouldn't just be spinning up the entitlement angle for propaganda value?
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 11:59:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

No, I don't support money for entitlement spending in Ukraine. They should work to pay for their own war instead of partying on Odessa beaches.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you'd support it, right?

Most of the spending stays here too since it's replacing weapons.

No, I don't support money for entitlement spending in Ukraine. They should work to pay for their own war instead of partying on Odessa beaches.
Hmmm
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Biden-Names-Obama-Crony-Penny-Pritzker-to-Lead-Ukraine-s-Economic-Recovery/5-2674188/?r=-1&page=1&anc=bottom#bottom
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 12:11:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

But you are in favor of money for weapons in Ukraine, right? You wouldn't just be spinning up the entitlement angle for propaganda value?
View Quote

No I am not in favor of US taxpayer money for weapons for Ukraine. I’m not in favor of any money for Ukraine. European countries or Ukraine should pay for their war, Ukraines war is not Americans problem to deal with or fund.

What’s hilarious is you uke bros took a joke literally. Calling it entitlement spending was the joke… referring to Zelenskyy’s continued smug and entitled demands of access to Americans wallets.
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 5:10:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Ronald Reagan would be rolling in his grave at the amount of Russian supporters.
View Quote

I haven't see Russian supporters here.

I've seen people like myself who accept the inevitable Russian victory.

People who are saying that we should not be supporting a lost cause.

That's not support of Russia, it's just an acceptance of reality.

Old Henry Kissinger (who is as wise as they come in foreign affairs) said in the very beginning that the best solution for Ukraine would be to give up some land to negotiate a peace deal.  

They could have avoided seeing their major cities in rubble..........but they chose wrong and still can't see it.

Link Posted: 9/22/2023 6:09:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

You do in fact support entitlement spending here "because it benefits Americans". Most of the funds that are "sent" to Ukraine is the dollar value of weapons and that money is spent here to replace them.

Like a broken record
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 6:18:29 PM EDT
[#19]
e
Quoted:

You do in fact support entitlement spending here "because it benefits Americans". Most of the funds that are "sent" to Ukraine is the dollar value of weapons and that money is spent here to replace them.

Like a broken record
View Quote

"Most of the funds that are "sent" to Ukraine is the dollar value of weapons and that money is spent here to replace them."

Exactly like a broken record. Does not work properly and probably belongs in the trash; much like most of your drivel posted daily that we all have to endure reading. You must be one heck of a snake oil salesman to truly believe in the product you are selling.

I cannot imagine dedicating every day of my life to simp for a foreign country on this forum. Good Grief, you should run for congress.
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 6:21:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

No I am not in favor of US taxpayer money for weapons for Ukraine. I’m not in favor of any money for Ukraine. European countries or Ukraine should pay for their war, Ukraines war is not Americans problem to deal with or fund.

What’s hilarious is you uke bros took a joke literally. Calling it entitlement spending was the joke… referring to Zelenskyy’s continued smug and entitled demands of access to Americans wallets.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you were just spinning it as propaganda and not actually a serious comment. Got it

Link Posted: 9/22/2023 6:24:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Old Henry Kissinger (who is as wise as they come in foreign affairs) said in the very beginning that the best solution for Ukraine would be to give up some land to negotiate a peace deal.  

They could have avoided seeing their major cities in rubble..........but they chose wrong and still can't see it.

View Quote

This is nonsense. You can argue we’re spending too much, that’s not even an argument.

No one knows how this thing is gonna turn out, but it’s not the crushing defeat we’ve been promised for 576 days.

Link Posted: 9/22/2023 6:26:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

There are a lot of people here who have said things like:

1. The US is a greater threat than Russia
2. The CIA is the enemy and worse than the FSB
3. Russia is aligned with their domestic enemies
4. They want NATO to lose

If that's not actually pro Russian it's at least seditious.

Also you would have to be daft to think the FSB hasn't assigned agents to work the largest right wing gun site in America. They have probably been here for a very long time, at least a decade.

The FSB would be incompetent not to do that, and they don't strike me as incompetent.
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 6:27:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Also you would have to be daft to think the FSB hasn't assigned agents to work the largest right wing gun site in America. They have probably been here for a very long time, at least a decade.

The FSB would be incompetent not to do that, and they don't strike me as incompetent.
View Quote

Absolute clown world comment. Who has a greater chance of ruining the life of the everyday American? I will give you a hint; it is not Russia or the FSB. The CIA and the US government have already blown their proverbial load and only a fool or blind man would ignore it.

Seditious to point out the threat of our own government? You probably would have supported the Redcoats in 1776.
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 6:31:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
e

"Most of the funds that are "sent" to Ukraine is the dollar value of weapons and that money is spent here to replace them."

Exactly like a broken record. Does not work properly and probably belongs in the trash; much like most of your drivel posted daily that we all have to endure reading. You must be one heck of a snake oil salesman to truly believe in the product you are selling.

I cannot imagine dedicating every day of my life to simp for a foreign country on this forum. Good Grief, you should run for congress.
View Quote

I still haven't figured out how we make money giving up munitions we don't have replacements for, don't have the capacity to build, and which will cost us significantly more due to inflation. Theres no actual money coming back into this equation, and less weapons systems for us in the end.

So we get to "buy" equipment  from ourselves, with our money, replace it at a much higher cost, and we get to eat the strategic risk on the years it will take us to produce it all again.

Its easily the most overhyped and overplayed trope of this entire conflict. Its a talking point literally designed to fool the lowest common denominator.

There are lots of actual cash LOAs going to Ukraine, because most of it is unforecasted within the FY and gets pulled straight from other DOD pots of money.  Pots like unit training funds, installation funds, and modernization programs that are supposed to replace this stuff were giving away.
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 7:40:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By :

Like a broken record
View Quote

Are federal agencies selling guns again to fund Ukrainian pensions?

EDIT: The answer is probably yes, so might not be a fair question.
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 7:56:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Like a broken record
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Like a broken record

The entire purpose of our government is for the citizens of the United States. Of course I favor Americans over Ukrainian orcs, just as the majority of Americans do. It's you that's in the minority here

Quoted:

So you were just spinning it as propaganda and not actually a serious comment. Got it

Propaganda? It was a joke. It's amazing how dense you are, LOL.

Quoted:

This is nonsense. You can argue we’re spending too much, that’s not even an argument.

No one knows how this thing is gonna turn out, but it’s not the crushing defeat we’ve been promised for 576 days.

It certainly isn't the long anticipated and propagandized Spring Offensive© that was supposed to steamroll the Russians either. That was a colossal failure that was.

Quoted:

Wait a second. Ukies constantly screech that the Russians don't know their ass from their elbow and are incredibly stupid and have no idea how to fight but we are supposed to believe that the KGB is infiltrating GD?

Lol wow.
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 8:00:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

They absolutely are here and quite a few who buy the narratives and support Russian goals.

Quoted:

inevitable? Repeating a myth does not make it true.

Russia is on day 576 of the war they declared victory on 574 days ago. That is like Democrats in November of 2016 stating Republicans should stay home since Hillary is going to win in a landslide and sending them invites to the "inevitable" Hillary Clinton inauguration.

Quoted:

How is it a lost cause? Ukrainian armor has breached the final part of the Surovikin line. Is that good for Ukraine or bad for Russia?

Quoted:

The reality that Russia just lost the entire BSF fleet HQ, their flagship, a dozen other major and minor surface combatants, and a submarine in a land war that was supposed to be over a year ago?

Quoted:

How did giving up land in 2014 bring peace? Russia just rebuilt, changed strategies, and waited.

Quoted:

You're willing to surrender and get "peace for our time". Some people are not and are willing to fight.

Reminder: Russia was pushed out of Kherson, the only Oblast capital they held since the invasion.

Link Posted: 9/22/2023 8:10:34 PM EDT
[#28]
If anyone is interested in keeping things honest here, Ukraine breached the first of three defensive lines encompassing the Surovikin Line, not the last.  

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidaxe/2023/09/21/ukrainian-armor-has-breached-the-first-of-three-russian-trenches-outside-verbove/?sh=5c4caf55447f
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 8:13:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
If anyone is interested in keeping things honest here, Ukraine breached the first of three defensive lines encompassing the Surovikin Line, not the last.  

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidaxe/2023/09/21/ukrainian-armor-has-breached-the-first-of-three-russian-trenches-outside-verbove/?sh=5c4caf55447f
View Quote

This is devastating takedown of Faded's propaganda narratives
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 8:16:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

That has to be mine field central.  It reads like a propoganda piece though:
"But thanks in large part to their artillery, the attacking Ukrainians actually have been losing fewer people and vehicles than the defending Russians have been losing."
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 8:17:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Lots of folks upset to see western military munitions smashing the Black sea fleet headquarters. I see the usual crowd banging the hammer and sickle drum is big mad!

Man I can't wait till ATACMS start smashing other high value targets, the GD usuals are going to have a conniption!  And you all know I'm right! Just wait and see..
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 8:19:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Lots of folks upset to see western military munitions smashing the Black sea fleet headquarters. I see the usual crowd banging the hammer and sickle drum is big mad!

Man I can't wait till ATACMS start smashing other high value targets, the GD usuals are going to have a conniption!  And you all know I'm right! Just wait and see..
View Quote

Did you black out and wake up in another thread again?  I haven't seen anything like that.
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 8:20:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think we are already seeing the effect in that Ukraine is a little more willing to use up its Storm Shadows knowing that ATACMS are coming.
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 8:27:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I still haven't figured out how we make money giving up munitions we don't have replacements for, don't have the capacity to build, and which will cost us significantly more due to inflation. Theres no actual money coming back into this equation, and less weapons systems for us in the end.

So we get to "buy" equipment  from ourselves, with our money, replace it at a much higher cost, and we get to eat the strategic risk on the years it will take us to produce it all again.

Its easily the most overhyped and overplayed trope of this entire conflict. Its a talking point literally designed to fool the lowest common denominator.

There are lots of actual cash LOAs going to Ukraine, because most of it is unforecasted within the FY and gets pulled straight from other DOD pots of money.  Pots like unit training funds, installation funds, and modernization programs that are supposed to replace this stuff were giving away.
View Quote
For what has been sent to Ukraine, we could give every 2.1 million service members $36k each.
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 8:34:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

They only have heavy equipment through the first line, but there have been Ukrainian forces geolocated further than the first line for a couple of days now.  It’s not a breakthrough, but they are working on the second line.

There may also be some misunderstanding of the language, demonstrated in this tweet.

Link Posted: 9/22/2023 8:40:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Did you black out and wake up in another thread again?  I haven't seen anything like that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I heard all the tears and squealing and had to come see what the ruckus was, lol.
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 8:43:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

They only have heavy equipment through the first line, but there have been Ukrainian forces geolocated further than the first line for a couple of days now.  It’s not a breakthrough, but they are working on the second line.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F6o7FAWWgAAFh3_?format=jpg&name=large

There may also be some misunderstanding of the language, demonstrated in this tweet.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F6hbhHXWEAAQ4TO?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F6hdZIcXoAA2YnE?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F6heYW0WcAArb8K?format=jpg&name=large

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They have been paying a heavy price to get that far, but it's starting to pay off. They know they have just a month or two before the rain hits so I see them hitting it hard next couple weeks.
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 8:44:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Zero fucks given either way
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/22/2023 8:45:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm sure Russia is happy to allow the Ukes to take heavy casualties while the Russians sit back and smile and enjoy the target-rich environment.

What does this accomplish besides bringing death to great numbers of Ukrainians?

The tiny gains in land the Ukes can attain are not worth the heavy casualties that an army on offensive must take.

Hard facts and hard lessons.  Reality is painful.
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 8:57:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well, at least it's consistent, two weeks ago I posted that we're a couple weeks off from the latest amplification of Ukrainian Breakout™.

There is a major problem associated with consistently taking both weak evidence combined with weak gains and setting unrealistic conditions and expectations over and over, none of which have panned out so far.  And yes, your maps and tweets are extremely weak, unsubstantiated products arranged together en masse to insinuate importance and validity.  Its simply following the established trend since the beginning of the summer that is negatively impacting third party opinion and perception.  The problem is this has occurred a dozen times already.

If you are truly interested in supporting the Ukrainian conflict you guys would stop perpetuating this model as it has had tangible negative effects and can be directly correlated to the "support fatigue" Ukraine's benefactors are experiencing now.  It's literally becoming a case study on how not to successfully conduct IO.
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 11:10:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Well, at least it's consistent, two weeks ago I posted that we're a couple weeks off from the latest amplification of Ukrainian Breakout™.

There is a major problem associated with consistently taking both weak evidence combined with weak gains and setting unrealistic conditions and expectations over and over, none of which have panned out so far.  And yes, your maps and tweets are extremely weak and are simply following the established trend since the beginning of the summer that is negatively impacting third party opinion and perception.

If you are truly interested in supporting the Ukrainian conflict you guys would stop perpetuating this model as it has had tangible negative effects and can be directly correlated to the "support fatigue" Ukraine's benefactors are experiencing now.  It's literally becoming a case study on how not to successfully conduct IO.
View Quote

I’m not interested in “supporting the Ukrainian conflict”. It’s the height of self-involved arrogance to think AR15.com general discussion will have a measurable effect on the outcome of the war.

Remember that this thing goes both ways- either Russia can’t fight its way out of a paper bag, or given three months and a couple freighters full of TM-62s, petal mines, and MDK-3s, they can make defenses that even Private Conscritptavich can’t fuck up. These are conditions that no other veteran, alive or dead, has faced. Don’t diminish that for either side.

There are no models here. This is just what’s out in the world, including the Russian world.

And no, Rybar doesn’t ever zoom in any more than that, which should tell you something.
I could show you posts from actual Russians that support all of this weak evidence, but there’s no reason to duplicate that effort, you know where to find it.

Let’s talk about models-

1) The “Russia Stronk” model got drunk on vodka in 1985 and still doesn’t know the USSR broke up and RF consistently ranks behind France in GDP.

2) Zelensky Globohomo Clownworld model ignores that Ukraine did the heavy lifting for the USSR and had a functional rocket program until months after the invasion, and thinks that the only way Russia could be losing (or for the sake of the argument, not making steady progress toward Kyiv) is because of Polish mercenaries and NATO SOF.

Models are stupid, foremost because you can always find data to fit your model, no matter how Clownworld it is.

If you can offer up information that proves or disproves something, do it.
I will agree with you on one point, and apply it to just about everyone.

People need to stop acting like they know exactly what is going to happen. There’s way too much of that.

Link Posted: 9/22/2023 11:26:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

This is devastating takedown of Faded's propaganda narratives
View Quote

Others disagree with you, @Jlaudio
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 11:29:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Ronald Reagan would be rolling in his grave at the amount of Russian supporters.
View Quote

Ronald Reagan would rack up huge debt, give amnesty to illegal immigrants, and support an assault weapons ban.
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 11:30:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I'm sure Russia is happy to allow the Ukes to take heavy casualties while the Russians sit back and smile and enjoy the target-rich environment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

They aren't "Sitting back". They're pushing back also and not making much of any progress to push the AFU back.

Quoted:

What does this accomplish besides bringing death to great numbers of Ukrainians?

Why did the USA go on the offensive in the Pacific after Midway? Were they willing to fight until the last 18-22 year old US Marine Private and PFC?

Quoted:
The tiny gains in land the Ukes can attain are not worth the heavy casualties that an army on offensive must take.

The "tiny gains" have led to much larger gains and a snowball effect. They've made it through the Surovikin line. Now time to keep widening the fields and make it safe for heavy vehicles and start maneuver warfare again.

Quoted:

Like the VDV learning in Hostomel and how the Ukrainian civilians learned at the hands of the VDV in Bucha.

Link Posted: 9/22/2023 11:31:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I’m not interested in “supporting the Ukrainian conflict”. It’s the height of self-involved arrogance to think AR15.com general discussion will have a measurable effect on the outcome of the war.

Remember that this thing goes both ways- either Russia can’t fight its way out of a paper bag, or given three months and a couple freighters full of TM-62s, petal mines, and MDK-3s, they can make defenses that even Private Conscritptavich can’t fuck up. These are conditions that no other veteran, alive or dead, has faced. Don’t diminish that for either side.

There are no models here. This is just what’s out in the world, including the Russian world.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F6o7XCHWwAA96RV?format=jpg&name=large

And no, Rybar doesn’t ever zoom in any more than that, which should tell you something.
I could show you posts from actual Russians that support all of this weak evidence, but there’s no reason to duplicate that effort, you know where to find it.

Let’s talk about models-

1) The “Russia Stronk” model got drunk on vodka in 1985 and still doesn’t know the USSR broke up and RF consistently ranks behind France in GDP.

2) Zelensky Globohomo Clownworld model ignores that Ukraine did the heavy lifting for the USSR and had a functional rocket program until months after the invasion, and thinks that the only way Russia could be losing (or for the sake of the argument, not making steady progress toward Kyiv) is because of Polish mercenaries and NATO SOF.

Models are stupid, foremost because you can always find data to fit your model, no matter how Clownworld it is.

People need to stop acting like they know exactly what is going to happen. There’s way too much of that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Let’s talk about models-

There is a model here, and whether you are aware or not, you are supporting it. It's an IO model. It has happened every 3 weeks or so since June, on Twitter and various sources of every 15 meter increment gain being deliberately amplified as the great Ukrainian breakout. It's happening again right now... based on very sketchy evidence followed up by an unsubstantiated narrative, over a very minor action. If it pans out, great.  The problem is this has happened numerous times and is deliberately amplified by design, and when it does not pan out the sources just go dark on it until a few weeks later when another minor action picks it right back up again.

This is absolutely counterproductive and borderline deceptive.  At this point the cat is out of the bag, and the fact that it is still being employed is absolutely absurd.  Like I said, books will be written about the failures of IO in this conflict, and you and others here are helping perpetuate it.

Quoted:
It’s the height of self-involved arrogance to think AR15.com general discussion will have a measurable effect on the outcome of the war.

For somebody who is so convinced there are zero tangible effects possible here, you sure do like to self-identify anything and everything as "Russian propaganda". There is heavy propaganda on both sides, you just don't seem to have an issue posting one versus the other.

With that said at this point the outcome of this war is essentially dependent upon the results of a conflict of public perception within the political spheres of several key countries. It's odd that you think social media doesn't matter in that regard, when you yourself are so heavily reliant upon it.
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 11:38:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Let’s talk about models-

View Quote

I can’t disagree with any of this.  But I would add a third model in there, American Hubris.  The US and almost all other western nations need to be put on suicide watch.
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 11:39:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Ronald Reagan would rack up huge debt, give amnesty to illegal immigrants, and support an assault weapons ban.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 11:46:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

that is were you are wrong, of course in our eyes it is not worth it. To Ukraine who is willing to die to the last man to gain back its rightful sovereignty it is well worth it. who are we to say otherwise?
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 11:50:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Exactly.  You acknowledge that those posters to whom I refer are as I say. I’m not referring to them.  I’m referring to those who willingly and knowingly post Russian talking points.  The people you just acknowledged exist.  

I could not have been more specific in what I said, and you are dishonestly misinterpreting it to further your agenda (whatever that may be).

I will not characterize your motives, because I cannot fathom what would drive such behavior.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When I refer to Putin supporters and those who share his perspective, I am specifically referring to those who support Putin and those who share his perspective.

It’s not a simplification.  It’s specific.

Do you deny that they exist?

Nope. I saw a couple of posts that do indeed fit that description.

Exactly.  You acknowledge that those posters to whom I refer are as I say.

However, that’s not where the overwhelming majority of people who no longer support financial or lethal aid to Ukraine are coming from. There is VERY little love of Putin or tyranny on this forum.

I’m not referring to them.  I’m referring to those who willingly and knowingly post Russian talking points.  The people you just acknowledged exist.  

That’s my point though. You appear to be trying to smash the putin peg into the square hole of many people who have good reason to disagree with you on the subject of Ukraine. This, to be honest, compulsive insistence that anyone who disagrees is either an unwitting consumer or outright spreader of Kremlin propaganda is so far off the mark, just so completely inaccurate, that I can’t figure out why you continue to pursue it.  If the goal is to persuade, it’s failing miserably. Is it not the goal?

Damn thats some mighty fine mental gymnastics. Lets see gaslighting ??,strawmanning ?? , deflecting ??.  Youre following the uke bro sociopath playbook to a T.
Link Posted: 9/23/2023 12:28:20 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
There is a model, and whether you are aware or not, you are supporting it. It's an IO model. It has happened every 3 weeks or so since June, on Twitter and various sources of every 15 meter increment gain being deliberately amplified as the great Ukrainian breakout. It's happening again right now... based on very sketchy evidence followed up by an unsubstantiated narrative, over a very minor action. If it pans out, great.  The problem is this has happened numerous times and is deliberately amplified by design, and when it does not pan out the sources just go dark on it until a few weeks later when another minor action picks it right back up again.

This is absolutely counterproductive and borderline deceptive.  Like I said, books will be written about the failures of IO in this conflict, and you and others here are helping perpetuate it.

For somebody who is so convinced there are zero tangible effects possible here, you sure do like to self-identify anything and everything as "Russian propaganda". There is heavy propaganda on both sides, you just don't seem to have an issue posting one versus the other.

With that said at this point the outcome of this war is essentially dependent upon the results of a conflict of public perception within the political spheres of several key countries. It's odd that you think social media doesn't matter in that regard, when you yourself are so heavily reliant upon it.
View Quote

Like I said, data and models. You’ve found one that helps you get through the day. May it serve you well.

You accuse me of seeing Russian propaganda everywhere. Your model has you seeing “IO” during a worldwide event that millions of people are watching online. It’s entirely possible that’s just news in social media, and a cigar is just a cigar.

I mean otherwise the real failure of “IO” is that Budanov forgot to actually tell me what to do.

Page / 66
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top