Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 8/27/2017 9:47:47 AM EDT
Fuel lines are half-inch .........

Wide open, it burns 1.5 gallons of fuel per minute on it's way to 199MPH ........

"Normal" driving gets you 20MPG.

Anybody know any similar stats on other factory muscle/sports cars?
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 9:49:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I know my buddy that picked one up got pulled over the 2nd day he owned it.

I bet that happens a lot to other high end cars as well.

Link Posted: 8/27/2017 9:52:51 AM EDT
[#2]
It can also empty its gas tank in 9 minutes  
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 9:54:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm a driver for a large dealership in town.  I had to drive to Raleigh to get a guy to sign his lease agreement on a Dodge Hellcat.  It was a 2016 used with 30k on it.  His lease payment was $978 a month.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 10:00:38 AM EDT
[#4]
in for the dog pile
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 10:01:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm a driver for a large dealership in town.  I had to drive to Raleigh to get a guy to sign his lease agreement on a Dodge Hellcat.  It was a 2016 used with 30k on it.  His lease payment was $978 a month.
View Quote
I didn't know they leased used cars now that's crazy
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 10:04:29 AM EDT
[#6]
The Boss 429 holds the record as having the largest hood scoop on a factory production car.  (until we get a good comparison to the Challenger Demon which may be bigger)

The 1996 Camaro SS holds the record for having the most magazine coverage for a newly released car (it was on the cover of over 20 major publications)

The 1989 Turbo Trans Am was the fastest post muscle car era GM performance car until the LS1 came out running low low 13s when everything else was in the 14s including the Corvette.

The 1969 Charger Daytona was the first stock bodied car to break the 200mph barrier.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 10:04:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 10:06:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Also, new engine only retains 9% of previous hemi parts ...... 91% redesigned .................
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 10:07:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You'd think he could buy it cheaper than that .................

With $0 down, the lease on a new $63K 2017 Hellcat is $677/mo for 36 mo ................
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 10:46:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The Boss 429 holds the record as having the largest hood scoop on a factory production car.  (until we get a good comparison to the Challenger Demon which may be bigger)

The 1996 Camaro SS holds the record for having the most magazine coverage for a newly released car (it was on the cover of over 20 major publications)

The 1989 Turbo Trans Am was the fastest post muscle car era GM performance car until the LS1 came out running low low 13s when everything else was in the 14s including the Corvette.

The 1969 Charger Daytona was the first stock bodied car to break the 200mph barrier.
View Quote
The 1989 Trans Am's also had some of the worst quality control in a new car that I have seen.

I worked at a Pontiac dealer back then and we received two of them, one had the hood stuck closed because of the paint on the underside of the hood and when they finally got it open big chunks of paint were stuck to all the rubber bumpers.

It had to be like that when it left the company that final assembly was outsourced to.

The other one ran like crap, spent tons of time in the service dept even after it was sold.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 10:51:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The 1989 Trans Am's also had some of the worst quality control in a new car that I have seen.

I worked at a Pontiac dealer back then and we received two of them, one had the hood stuck closed because of the paint on the underside of the hood and when they finally got it open big chunks of paint were stuck to all the rubber bumpers.

It had to be like that when it left the company that final assembly was outsourced to.

The other one ran like crap, spent tons of time in the service dept even after it was sold.
View Quote
I looked at 1986 Trans AMs that had just been dropped off at a dealership.  All of them had trim pieces falling off and the one I drove ran very rough.  Salesman told me it was normal for their service department to have to "fine tune" vehicles fresh from the factory.  I lost interest in these cars very quickly.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 10:56:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
This 1969 dodge is a stretch to say stock bodied. It was a race car. It was massaged on a lot of levels . The first car to hit 200 was a 1 of 1 in a time with almost no road rules. A real stock production car you have to wait for the F40
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 11:01:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

With $0 down, the lease on a new $63K 2017 Hellcat is $677/mo for 36 mo ................
View Quote
If you have good credit.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 11:01:54 AM EDT
[#14]
The 1967 Shelby Mustangs utilized Mercury Cougar tail lights, while the 1968 models used lights from the ’66 Thunderbird.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 11:07:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I know my buddy that picked one up got pulled over the 2nd day he owned it.

I bet that happens a lot to other high end cars as well.

View Quote
Remember, the speed limit is the speed limit, but there's no law against how fast you reach it!

I have yet to be pulled over in mine, but that's probably because I spend more time watching for cops in the RVM than I do the road in front of me.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 11:17:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Remember, the speed limit is the speed limit, but there's no law against how fast you reach it!

I have yet to be pulled over in mine, but that's probably because I spend more time watching for cops in the RVM than I do the road in front of me.
View Quote
You can be ticketed here for "demonstration of power".  Vague enough that there is a law for how quick you are.  It was originally intended for squeeling tires when the light turned green.  Brought to you by the same city that made it a crime for "unnecessary repetitive driving" because high school kids "cruised the avenue".
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 11:24:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
You can be ticketed here for "demonstration of power".  Vague enough that there is a law for how quick you are.  It was originally intended for squeeling tires when the light turned green.  Brought to you by the same city that made it a crime for "unnecessary repetitive driving" because high school kids "cruised the avenue".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whoever thought up that ordinance should be ticketed for "demonstration of suck my dick."

Link Posted: 8/27/2017 11:48:21 AM EDT
[#18]
All that power and cant out do a honda with a few thousand dollars of add ons. My brother purchased a old honda civic for $500. Swapped the motor with a accura motor and a few add ons. total price when done, $6000 and he has been beating lambos, hell cats and an str10. all that money and a hell cat cant beat a civic at 1/4 the cost.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 11:50:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
All that power and cant out do a honda with a few thousand dollars of add ons. My brother purchased a old honda civic for $500. Swapped the motor with a accura motor and a few add ons. total price when done, $6000 and he has been beating lambos, hell cats and an str10. all that money and a hell cat cant beat a civic at 1/4 the cost.
View Quote
that happened
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 11:53:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Also, new engine only retains 9% of previous hemi parts ...... 91% redesigned .................
View Quote
Is that the Hellcat or Demon?
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 11:55:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

that happened
View Quote
You bet it didn't!
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 11:55:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
And, in the end it's still just a honda.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 11:59:18 AM EDT
[#23]
My 2001 Damon Intruder 369 RV (37' long) has tail lights from a 1996 Ford Ranger.  

We hired a guy to change out the axle seals and he backed into a pole coming out of his barn.  After some research he figured out the 96 Ranger uses the same tail lights.

But I digress, back to discussing muscle cars.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 12:07:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
Let's see Hellcat or Civic.....I know which one I bought.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 12:09:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
Lambo driver went home and slayed loads of pussy. Old Honda civic driver just sucked dick
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 12:10:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

If you have good credit.
View Quote
Its ARF, everyone here is 840+, remember?
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 12:22:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Lambo driver went home and slayed loads of pussy. Old Honda civic driver just sucked dick
View Quote
Lol, cars attract men.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 12:40:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
I often said... "it ain't whatcha bought, its whatcha built"!

Now, I'm not saying said Honda can or can't put up, but in my many years of hot rodding,  I've seen many a sneaky bastard!  
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 12:41:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 12:45:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Lol, cars attract men.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, cars attract men.
This is true, I've had way more interest in my Hellcat from men than women. 
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 12:48:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
We shall dub you "Mr. Peabody" quite impressive..
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 12:50:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
That's $10.34 more than my mortgage every month.

Link Posted: 8/27/2017 12:52:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
Let me correct you there.  The 1969 Charger Daytona - ( in this case, a Charger 500 with the Daytona pieces bolted on - it had been a press car before being stolen and stripped.  When recovered, it was given to Chrysler Engineering and became the #88 high speed development mule for the Daytona stock car program....) - was the FIRST car of ANY KIND to exceed 200 mph on a closed course.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 1:00:53 PM EDT
[#34]
How many Hellcats are put away as an investment?  How many are driven daily?

It seems that many classic cars from the sixties rusted out or were beat to death by teens

until the car would wrap around a tree and kill the teen.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 1:03:27 PM EDT
[#35]
The 1976 Corvette's base engine was rated at 165 HP.  It was a dark time in America.  

On a more positive note, the 2017 Corvette base engine is rated at 455 HP and optional engines are up to 650 HP; let the good times roll!
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 1:09:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Is that the Hellcat or Demon?
View Quote
Hellcat ............ don't know about the Demon

Link ...................
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 1:16:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dealership might be an agent for swapalease.com
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 1:16:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The 1976 Corvette's base engine was rated at 165 HP.  It was a dark time in America.  

On a more positive note, the 2017 Corvette base engine is rated at 455 HP and optional engines are up to 650 HP; let the good times roll!
View Quote
IIRC, a '76 Mustang II with the V-8 option came in at 145hp.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 1:18:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
No, no he didn't.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 1:18:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

This 1969 dodge is a stretch to say stock bodied. It was a race car. It was massaged on a lot of levels . The first car to hit 200 was a 1 of 1 in a time with almost no road rules. A real stock production car you have to wait for the F40
View Quote
It was a real stock production car along with the Superbird. So no, it is not a stretch.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 1:18:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
Somewhat hilarious, but the 2017 Corvette is also more economical to drive than a 1984.

19 combined vs 15. With twice as much horsepower.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 1:32:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
How many Hellcats are put away as an investment?...  
View Quote
I bought mine to drive. I'm not sure about any investment opportunity, just driving it off the lot you take a big hit, and there is insurance every year. That's why I bought a Dodge and not a Ferrari, you can beat on a Dodge and not feel so bad....lol.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 1:35:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
How many Hellcats are put away as an investment?  How many are driven daily?

It seems that many classic cars from the sixties rusted out or were beat to death by teens

until the car would wrap around a tree and kill the teen.
View Quote
I'm not sure the hellcats will be classics.  The demons might if they keep the production down. 
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 1:38:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Let me correct you there.  The 1969 Charger Daytona - ( in this case, a Charger 500 with the Daytona pieces bolted on - it had been a press car before being stolen and stripped.  When recovered, it was given to Chrysler Engineering and became the #88 high speed development mule for the Daytona stock car program....) - was the FIRST car of ANY KIND to exceed 200 mph on a closed course.
View Quote
But, more importantly, the spoiler was only that tall so that the trunk could be opened.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 1:47:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
But, more importantly, the spoiler was only that tall so that the trunk could be opened.
View Quote
This is not true, but it is repeated a LOT!
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 1:48:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 1:52:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 1:54:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

IIRC, the vette got the LS a year or so before the F body?
View Quote
I believe so.

Also, the Camaro was rated at 305 hp and the Corvette was 345 hp.
It wasn't uncommon for both of them to dyno at 305 hp.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 1:55:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for posting this, for once I can feel superior for the power of my 76 vet
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 1:56:34 PM EDT
[#50]
It's still an ugly ass box
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top